Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtors Directory

Facebook
Sponsored Links
Top Posters (30 Days)
Vermont 34
Dripping Springs 30
Lucky Leonardo 27
WolfHouse 20
Trouble 16
Mr. Clean 16
estatereal 15
AgentAlam 15
Z06Fanatic 14
Nikole 12
RonnieEmz 8
YourAgentVon 7
C21Mr.May 7
sualk54 7
Bigtoe 7
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#450788 - 02/24/16 11:36 AM Another agent stole my moms commission
jaime arana Offline

Loc: Miami, FL USA
Me and my mom are both realtors, my mom had shown homes to one of my sisters friend for almost one year, after lots of offers being turned down due to appraisal, one of my sisters long time friend (15 years ) who is also a realtor convinced my mom to let her put the contracts under her name and she will give my mom most of the commission 80% which would have been around 6k, since my mom is an elderly lady and a bit unaware of all procedures, she failed to get a referral agreement signed but does have proof through txt of those conversations,. Long story short the home closed last year around Nov, and ever since then my sister friend has said she has not gotten paid, I recently found out from her manager that she did collect her commission, my question is how long after a closing can I file a complaint for practically theft by another agent ? and if my mom could file it with the txt conversations she has from her.

Hope someone can help , my mom has gone into a deep depression due to this.

Advertisements
#450789 - 02/24/16 01:40 PM Re: Another agent stole my moms commission [Re: jaime arana]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
Talk to whoever it is that heads (chairs) the Grievance Committee on your local Board of REALTORS«.

Grievance will tell you how to file with them and get a Hearing.

If they decide that you have grounds for proceeding, they'll pass it on to the Arbitration Committee (because MONEY is involved.

If no money was involved, it would go to Professional Standards.

You did say that you're both dues paying REALTORS«; so having this mechanism for handling complaints is one of the benefits of your Union Membership.

If you're not REALTORS«; then you have to take it to Small Claims Court.

#450796 - 02/24/16 04:25 PM Re: Another agent stole my moms commission [Re: jaime arana]
jaime arana Offline

Will try that route..someone told me small claims court?
Not sure if there is a time period to do this?

Jaime

#450800 - 02/24/16 05:16 PM Re: Another agent stole my moms commission [Re: jaime arana]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
Don't tarry with regard to anything with the REALTORS« process; but if the Agent's Broker gets wind that you're filing a formal Grievance, you may get the missing money without further ado . . . . they don't want the trouble or the embarrassment. The Broker may give the Agent a "Talking To" and s/he'll cough up the money.

The Statute of Limitations for Small Claims Court varies from State to State; so if you have to go that route, call the Docket Clerk for the Small Claims Court at your County Courthouse . . . . it's probably 3 years; but the sooner, the better.

#450847 - 02/26/16 12:49 PM Re: Another agent stole my moms commission [Re: Vermont]
jaime arana Offline

thanks Vermon, my biggest concern i have is that since my mom is an elderly woman and wasn't aware of the referral form , she failed to get one done, but does have txt that can proof her conversations with this agent as well as a verbal agreement, and so does my sister who has been asking her about my moms commission (as it was my sister friend, the con artist realtor)

Thanks again for all those trying to help

Jaime

#451232 - 03/12/16 06:34 PM Re: Another agent stole my moms commission [Re: jaime arana]
Tex Offline

Loc: TX
Here locally in our small town atmosphere, when we "venture away" from procedures, such as counters without contracts, we back ourselves up with texts and emails. Then when the counters are over we finalize the contract. Luckily we have never had a problem, but the texts and emails are our documentation of intent.

Similarly, your mom's texts should be proof of the intent and enforcable.

And you may already know how to do this, but since you can't print a text, simply copy and paste the texts to an email to yourself, then the email can be printed.

I would print the texts and take them to the offending Realtor's Broker. Isn't that Broker technically the one responsible for the referral fee anyway, even though the Realtor made the offer to pay the referral?

Like Vermont said, they don't want any trouble. I bet that Broker will write you a check on the spot and take it up with their Realtor that put him or her on the spot later.

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Nirzhar Kar, brbravths01, RENTALSáSG, tcalling, MGChicago
29377 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 31 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28057114
No new orders today 13081869
Stupid MLS comments. 3263501
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1177564
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1049449
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1019387
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 814769
Let's talk about our cars 661536
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 597652