Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityOne of the most popular online real estate communities consistently since 1998!

Virtual Homestaging at PadStyler.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtors Directory

Facebook
Sponsored Links
Top Posters (30 Days)
Vermont 45
C21Mr.May 19
Trouble 17
Daniel1234 17
Z06Fanatic 14
RonnieEmz 12
David Hunter 10
zhenbuxianghua 9
VABroker 7
nopeda 6
rjlocal22 6
sualk54 5
miracle 5
Bigtoe 5
Jake09 4
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#449570 - 12/28/15 05:47 PM Does anyone else turn down BPOs for this reason?
Granta Omega Offline

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
I haven't done an order yet for AVM, but so far I was given a couple order that I couldn't do. The first time it was because they gave me a commercial property, and then they reassigned it when I told them it was not residential.

Recently, they asked if I could do an interior BPO but didn't give me the details other than location, and on the order request, I noticed the POC was the owner. I don't do these kinds of BPOs as I only do interior BPOs if it has a lock box on the door and I don't have the make an appointment.

The problem was, several years in the past, I had people who didn't show up, people who said plans came up and they needed to reschedule, one guy got all the way there and forgot the keys and I had to wait 45 minutes for him to come back, one guy didn't live there or have a car, so I had to pick him up at his apartment and drive him there, one guy asked me to leave because he didn't feel comfortable with anyone taking pictures of his house and didn't know I would be, and the other time the order was cancelled because the guy only would let me come to the house if I agreed to not take any pictures.

I just don't have time for this. I had already told me originally I'd do it, but I apologized and replied to their email explaining why I rejected it that my personal policy is to only accept exterior BPOs and interior BPOs where there is a lock box or the house is unlocked and I can take photos without the owner being on the property.

I want to get a good rating with new companies to get more orders, and I heard AVM is reliable, but so far I'm not getting solicitations for orders that I have any desire or capability to do.

Advertisements
#449572 - 12/28/15 07:14 PM Re: Does anyone else turn down BPOs for this reason? [Re: Granta Omega]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
I do.

AVM's spokesperson, Valerie Piper, used to participate in this Forum, and answered many questions for us. I gather she's now raising a Family.

They used to send me on wild goose chases, with a valid 911 address, but for the wrong Town !

It doesn't get much funner than that.

#449579 - 12/29/15 11:05 AM Re: Does anyone else turn down BPOs for this reason? [Re: Granta Omega]
Alexandra Offline

Loc: USA
I have the same policy. Interiors with contact information are the least cost effective orders.

Presumably you're getting many of these solicitations because higher rated AVM agents are turning them down for the same reason.

Hang in there and good luck!

#449581 - 12/29/15 01:17 PM Re: Does anyone else turn down BPOs for this reason? [Re: Granta Omega]
Granta Omega Offline

One time the POC was the person who ordered the BPO and someone for Land America before they went bankrupt told me to do an exterior BPO if I couldn't get in, and I called the POC and she confirmed to me she did say that, and I told them the person on the phone told me that, and Land America said I was lying because they would never say that. After they got a hold of their client they confirmed they did tell them that. They ended up accepting the BPO and paying me for it, but no apology for saying I lied.

#450352 - 02/06/16 09:41 AM Re: Does anyone else turn down BPOs for this reason? [Re: Granta Omega]
MovethatListing Offline

Ayone know what is up with EML and their pay? I can no longer see when they are paying. Owed checks since December.

#450354 - 02/06/16 11:54 AM Re: Does anyone else turn down BPOs for this reason? [Re: MovethatListing]
Bunny Offline

They don't pay again?? I fired them last September from the same reason. But they always find fools who work for less and deal with crappy forms.

#450362 - 02/06/16 02:18 PM Re: Does anyone else turn down BPOs for this reason? [Re: MovethatListing]
Analog Man Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Tampa Bay
Originally Posted By: MovethatListing
Ayone know what is up with EML and their pay? I can no longer see when they are paying. Owed checks since December.

EML pays!!! I signed up for their DD a few months ago, and I get several deposits a week from them.

Their pay isn't the best, but I feel I have mostly offset that as I know what they "want" and how their QC thinks. 99% of my reports get approved w/o requested revisions or further comp reviews. Consistently avoiding that potential headache alone is worth $5-$10 a file to me !!!!

#450393 - 02/08/16 02:48 PM Re: Does anyone else turn down BPOs for this reason? [Re: Analog Man]
reolady123 Offline

Loc: illinois
Same here Analogman. Plus gas is about 1/4 the cost as it was and I get a group of orders within 15 minutes of one another. Also, personally, I find the auto form and photo upoad option to be a help.

#454482 - 09/15/16 08:52 AM Re: Does anyone else turn down BPOs for this reason? [Re: Granta Omega]
Char K Offline
Veteran Member

I think you will; not sure how many of us are still out there doing good work on bpos! I think any of us who have done them for awhile have changed our methods of accepting. It used to be hit accept and then figure it out...you won some you lost some. Now I wouldn't take an interior unless like you it was vacant, paid the rate I'm looking for and isn't on a Friday. Friday's seem to be loaded with a typical properties that take more time but don't necessarily fit in the QA queue!

Something is rumbling again in this market and I think if you want those bpos, you will get them. Just this morning I have 3 from Proteck....granted they are not in my area (and I'm really getting tired of even opening the emails! but I paid for the background check so I at least need to take a few from them!) . One from another which is a small stretch from my area but not work the drive for the money. Had 2 that were right in my area this week didn't have to drive even 5 minutes. That is not what was happening the past few years.

Edited by Char K (09/15/16 08:56 AM)

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Jen Ro, SahanaRai, dreso, Agent315, TJ LYN
29177 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 301 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 27249373
No new orders today 12969296
Stupid MLS comments. 3210365
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1149477
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1021986
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 999991
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 791174
Let's talk about our cars 645255
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 582363