Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Good Idea!
The ultimate marketing tool

Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28268868
No new orders today 13101714
Stupid MLS comments. 3276633
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1189406
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1061097
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1028107
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 822574
Let's talk about our cars 670936
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 602687
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 592324
Most common items found at an REO 575871
EML 459232
REOTRANS 440723
Main Street 419399
asset val seminar in colorado 407138
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 340430
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 306754
Evalonline 300191
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261859
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#449429 - 12/17/15 04:05 AM Why Mobile App is Good for Your Real Estate Business
Peter Williams Offline

Loc: New Jersey
If you are convinced of the advantages of renting over buying, make sure your customers also are. Create a mobile App to present your winning concept and invite them to share it with you. Send Push notifications with loyalty programs, offer special discounts, show vacation deals and make them feel they pay less for more.

Benefits of having an app for your Real estate Company:

Increase market exposure and grow your business
Reach your customers easily
Create loyalty programs
Gain competitive advantage
New communication channel
Increase social interaction

Show Properties with pictures, description, location:
Show your properties for rent using photo galleries and a detailed description of the listings.

List your Property for Rent or Sale:
Thinking about renting or selling a property? List and rent your property using our easy-to-use rental app.

Show Property Location on a Map:
Let new customers find your properties for rent easily and provide accurate location information about your rentals.

Share News from your blog about real estate investments, financing:
Have a blog? Share news and media to keep your users updated at all times directly from the CMS or automatically from your RSS feed!

Send Push Notifications to your clients:
Send your customers a push notification messages to announce special property deals, vacation deals and make them feel they pay less for more.

Engage with your Customers through Social media:
Let your audience save time by being 1 click away from all your updates. Connect your app to your Facebook, YouTube & Twitter accounts so your fans are always connected to you.

For more information on the mobile app, feel free to discuss it with me. I will be happy to help :)

Peter Williams
Email: peterw@tscti.com

Edited by Peter Williams (12/17/15 04:06 AM)

Advertisements
#450004 - 01/21/16 04:45 AM Re: Why Mobile App is Good for Your Real Estate Business [Re: Peter Williams]
Jason_C Offline

Loc: Colombia
Hey Peter (and anyone else reading this),

Apps can be a great tool for marketing and/or additional income. However, I don't think this suggestion is entirely genuine. It just doesn't tell the whole story.

First, most of what you're describing here can be done with a responsive website, which will cost FAR less than an app both in development and maintenance. Reach customers easily, create loyalty programs, increase social interaction; all easily done with a mobile website. When we start talking about real advantages, we need to get into the mobile vs native vs hybrid app discussion that might be too technical for this forum. Since you brought up push notifications, I'm going to assume we're talking either native or hybrid app.

So what could a native or hybrid app bring to the table? Well, push notifications primarily. The problem is that there are really only a few types of push notifications that could benefit a real estate agent from a marketing perspective. I thought I had a great idea for an app that pushed geo-location messages to app users based on listings in their vicinity. However, when I started to dig into the economics of it, I couldn't make it work. Here's the problem...

Geo-location based notifications require a special type/setup of server. It needs to track an individual's location at all times and send notification based on other locations stored in the database. While this isn't terribly difficult, the amount of data and the way it's processed makes it very expensive. While doing my analysis, I came to the conclusion that I could allow a realtor to list 100 properties and it would only cost them $500/month. That, of course, is without me making a dime. I might have been able to get this down to $300/month with enough interest, but I still didn't see it bringing an ROI.

So, I had to ask myself if anyone would see a return on their investment...

What are the advantages? 1) App users will become accustomed to your brand being on their phone, increasing brand awareness and loyalty. 2) App users can be notified of properties close to where they are at any given time.

Drawbacks? 1) Agency would be limited on the number of listings that could have notifications. 2) Unlikely to have return customers throughout the life of the app. 3) Cost, cost, cost in both time and money. 4) Other techniques are likely to produce much better results.

I just couldn't see building an app that targeted home buyers as having an ROI. I don't know what kind of "Loyalty programs" or "special offers" that could possibly be brought into this application, but I'd love to hear them. If I could get 10% of my next house I'd jump all over that deal, but I don't see it happening.

Ultimately, web apps are cheap and can bring some unique branding opportunities, but I haven't been able to pin down a place for full-featured native apps. The only way I could even possibly see a full featured native app bringing an ROI would be for very target markets like Silicone Valley. Even then I'm not sure how much value there would be. I don't know anyone selling real estate in that market to break down numbers with and I've already spent a few months of discovery with the original idea that I couldn't make work.

I wish you the best of luck and hope that you'll come back in and address some of these issues because I'd really like to see how you think a mobile app can bring an ROI, but...

"Show Properties with pictures, description, location:
Show your properties for rent using photo galleries and a detailed description of the listings."

can all be done with a responsive website.

Edited by Jason_C (01/21/16 04:48 AM)
Edit Reason: BB Code didn't function

#452536 - 05/15/16 05:17 PM Re: Why Mobile App is Good for Your Real Estate Business [Re: Peter Williams]
Durise123 Offline

Loc: Emirates, Dubai
Hello Peter, thanks a lot for describing nicely the benefits of mobile apps for real estate agents. I'll definitely give attention in this topic and looking forward to follow the same ways as you mentioned.

#453706 - 08/02/16 08:49 AM Re: Why Mobile App is Good for Your Real Estate Business [Re: Jason_C]
sanman918 Offline

Loc: MI
Jason,

You brought up some great points and I think your thought process is right on par with mine.

Anytime you invest in a tool you want to understand ROI. First off, I don't think an "APP" is the way to go. You are creating a large barrier to entry for a user to access your content by having to download an APP. Responsive website can do just about everything.

I just built a simple responsive website for my mother that acts like an "app". Here are the benefits I think she will get out of it:

People can search the MLS for homes on her website. (not a huge value add, as everyone has this).

It's all branded under her name and helps her establish herself as a value add to the client. After speaking with her, I realized how much work good agents do behind the scenes... this is now exposed to the client and helps people understand her value.

It also has educational videos, tips, and possible pit falls for home buyers during each step of the process. This continues to build her brand as an expert and also helps her cut down on all the long repetitive phone calls and possibly a disconnect in

Will it generate leads? No... she is responsible for pushing her audience to it.

It could help generate referrals from a better customer experience, but I believe those will come from her personality and in person interactions, not digitally.

Long term, maybe she could leverage some type of "big data" situation where she could tell which clients are truly interested in moving forward with a home and which ones are just "Wasting" her time.

#454068 - 08/21/16 11:18 PM Re: Why Mobile App is Good for Your Real Estate Business [Re: sanman918]
chandra kumar Offline

Loc: New Delhi
Hi Peter
Thanks for explaining such a important topic. Your advice will be beneficial for me in the future.

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Reguru1, Shaun225, Dr.Brim, james luis, Snapple
29795 Registered Users
Who's Online
3 registered (KandyC, sualk54, 1 invisible), 38 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 75
Vermont 39
estatereal 18
Flare616 16
Trouble 15
RonnieEmz 15
Snapple 12
Logan Five 11
Analog Man 10