Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28447899
No new orders today 13134162
Stupid MLS comments. 3337744
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1223811
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1099747
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1054480
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 843116
Let's talk about our cars 696159
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 621535
Most common items found at an REO 614364
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 611948
REOTRANS 460164
EML 459235
Main Street 441329
asset val seminar in colorado 421092
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 352230
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 327461
Evalonline 300209
Land America 285053
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#446942 - 08/02/15 08:01 AM Door-Knocking Obnectives & Follow Up
ListFLHomes Offline

Loc: Florida
Started door knocking yesterday and my experience was fantastic!
Yes, some people did not seem very interested in speaking with me, and yes some of them had a scowl on their face and closed the door as quickly as they could. But the funny thing is none of this really impacted me at all. Nothing really came across as all that hostile, perhaps just a little bit agitated, and honestly most of them just seemed more confused. I experience far more hostility from drivers on the road commuting to work then I did while door knocking, that's for sure.

Now my question for you agents doing this, how do you approach the primary and secondary objectives of this form of prospecting? I can see how primarily in a perfect knock you want to secure a pre-listing appointment for someone who wants to sell, and if that doesn't occur perhaps find out if they have any thoughts of moving and what kind of time frame they're working in. Now if neither of those occur, but they willingly give you their email address and phone number, when and how are you using this information? I'm not a huge fan of "drip campaigns" because they seem pretty passive and not very effective, but perhaps you could persuade me otherwise. Are you calling them on a set schedule? Just sending them an email?

I was getting about 6 phone number / email addresses per hour. If you do this several times a month you will end up with a lot of contact information for people in neighbors you want to list in, but how do you keep track of it all? Do you follow up with everyone?

Or is door knocking really only effective when you are getting appointments right then and there?

Or are you finding that getting your name out there and your brand effective for when you follow up again the next time?

Advertisements
#447646 - 09/06/15 11:03 PM Re: Door-Knocking Obnectives & Follow Up [Re: ListFLHomes]
OahuAgent Offline

Loc: Honolulu, HI
I think the objective is to find out who is moving and who is not.

#448435 - 10/23/15 08:10 AM Re: Door-Knocking Obnectives & Follow Up [Re: ListFLHomes]
cindi lu Offline

Loc: alabama
i'm considering FSBO door knocking. Thinking I will say a few short lines and hand them a flyer of what i can do for them along with contact information. I don't want to interrupt or "keep" them or throw a sales pitch to them. Just inform them. What is your approach?

#448439 - 10/23/15 09:36 AM Re: Door-Knocking Obnectives & Follow Up [Re: cindi lu]
OahuAgent Offline

Originally Posted By: cindi lu
i'm considering FSBO door knocking. Thinking I will say a few short lines and hand them a flyer of what i can do for them along with contact information. I don't want to interrupt or "keep" them or throw a sales pitch to them. Just inform them. What is your approach?

I think the approach is the same with any other door where you found out that they are moving and know that they are not working with another Realtor.

Here are some ideas:
Meet with them and develop rapport and ask questions.

Have they had many agents call?
When are they moving?
Why are they moving?
How long have they lived there?
Where are they planning on moving?
etc.. ect... collect intelligence information and leave.

Send a thank you note?
Develop an Information Package that includes a picture of their house, recent sales in their neighborhood, new listings in their neighborhood, expireds etc.. Give them the same information for the area where they are going to move.

Stop by in a week and give them the package.Show them the competition they face and discuss recent activity.

Keep following up until they ask you to list their house.

I think the key is going to be why they want to move and how soon they need to make that happen. If they do not absolutely have to move, they may never move.

Edited by OahuAgent (10/23/15 09:37 AM)

#448952 - 11/18/15 02:39 AM Re: Door-Knocking Obnectives & Follow Up [Re: ListFLHomes]
LuxuryRealtor Offline

Loc: Ky
I have to respect anyone who goes out and door knocks, nice job. I think I'd rather find another occupation than have to go door to door, I guess it's not for everyone!

#449096 - 11/29/15 05:33 PM Re: Door-Knocking Obnectives & Follow Up [Re: LuxuryRealtor]
OahuAgent Offline

Knocking doors is one of the best ways to get business today.

I guess you could call business owners at their office and ask if they are selling. Unfortunately now that we have the "Do Not Call" laws sales people are back to going door to door. We lost some of the efficiency of the phones.

More insurance agents and stockbrokers are also going back to door to door since the DNC laws. There's nothing wrong with cutting out the middleman and knocking at the door.

Any preconceived perceptions you may have of knocking doors is all in your head and you may need to change your mindset.

#449291 - 12/08/15 08:23 AM Re: Door-Knocking Obnectives & Follow Up [Re: OahuAgent]
cindi lu Offline

Loc: alabama
I liked that last sentence!

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
SpencerFrancis, realtor_geek, Dimitri, realstate, homznspace
30064 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (realtor_geek), 44 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 37
Vermont 19
estatereal 15
kirastan 15
sualk54 12
Mr. Clean 8
Trouble 8
Gamin' Agent 8
Tanks 7