Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityOne of the most popular online real estate communities consistently since 1998!

Virtual Homestaging at PadStyler.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtors Directory

Facebook
Sponsored Links
Top Posters (30 Days)
Vermont 42
C21Mr.May 17
Trouble 16
Z06Fanatic 11
Daniel1234 11
David Hunter 10
zhenbuxianghua 9
VABroker 7
RonnieEmz 7
nopeda 6
rjlocal22 6
Bigtoe 5
JohnN 4
miracle 4
Jake09 4
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#448568 - 10/30/15 03:24 PM Lender out of country. Want to sell property *****
atidbit Offline

Loc: San Francisco, CA
I have an individual lender who holds the mortgage to my property and he is currently out of country. I am totally up to date with payments and would like to sell this property.

Can I go ahead and initiate this sale and in the process, will they automatically send necessary paperwork to the to my lender at the address to which I've been sending payments?

I've been unable to contact this lender personally.

Advertisements
#448569 - 10/30/15 04:35 PM Re: Lender out of country. Want to sell property [Re: atidbit]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
I'd imagine that those fine points are detailed out within the Terms and Conditions of your Mortgage Deed and/or the Mortgage Note; both of which you should have copies. To get a head start, take a moment to read them; you signed them both when the Mortgage was originally granted.

Is the Lender a Corporation which would have a Process Agent in California; or is it an Individual? If it was a Business, and if it's not in the Land Records, your Secretary of State will have the current legal address for having the Mortgage discharged if and when that time comes.

Does your Mortgage contain a Pre-Payment Penalty ?

Forewarned is Fore-Armed !

#448570 - 10/30/15 05:42 PM Re: Lender out of country. Want to sell property [Re: Vermont]
atidbit Offline

Loc: San Francisco, CA
The lender is an individual. I'll have to find and review the documents. In terms of Pre-Payment Agreement, I imagine it was pretty standard. The loan occurred over twenty years ago.

Thank you for your help.

#448574 - 10/31/15 07:17 AM Re: Lender out of country. Want to sell property [Re: atidbit]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Outer Banks
Most likely, that lender is no longer involved with your loan. Go ahead and start the process to sell your house. When you get close to the closing your escrow agent will contact the current lender for the payoff amount.

#448722 - 11/08/15 05:41 AM Re: Lender out of country. Want to sell property [Re: atidbit]
InvestorWize.com Offline

Loc: investorwize
I agree. You are the owner of the property and should have the right to sell whenever you want. Just make sure your property is worth more than the mortgage due.
If your looking to sell your house fast you can try

www.investorwize.com
or homevestors

#448776 - 11/10/15 09:17 AM Re: Lender out of country. Want to sell property [Re: atidbit]
InvestCaribbean Offline

Loc: NYC
Invest Caribbean Now, the global private sector Caribbean investment agency, is seeking partnerships with direct lenders and investors doing business in the Caribbean region.
If your company offers low interest debt or equity capital of US$3 million and up for land deals and building of Multi-family, condo, office, retail, hotel, industrial and mixed-use, properties in the Caribbean then we are your partners. For more contact us today http://www.investcaribbeannow.com/contact.html

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Dean Jones, keys90, Mark Williams, Rix, CorralesAgent
29192 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 300 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 27587096
No new orders today 13021719
Stupid MLS comments. 3226160
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1157888
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1035256
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1004515
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 795985
Let's talk about our cars 648910
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 585507