Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Good Idea!
The ultimate marketing tool

Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28268008
No new orders today 13101608
Stupid MLS comments. 3276550
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1189293
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1061076
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1028078
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 822483
Let's talk about our cars 670865
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 602674
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 592268
Most common items found at an REO 575804
EML 459232
REOTRANS 440706
Main Street 419371
asset val seminar in colorado 407130
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 340419
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 306740
Evalonline 300191
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261859
Matched Content
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#447968 - 09/23/15 06:06 PM Revisit on CRM's
rck3 Offline

Loc: Pgh PA
So I was searching the site for CRM and found some good info but everything is a few years old and in tech alot changes.

I am trying to find a RE crm with the basics but I really want cloud storage of data (perferably w/ a mobile app interface but not required), create customize task lists, and integrating with google calendar.

I am helping 2 other more experienced but very unorganized realtors. The basic flow is add a lead (with the norm key info) then once they sign on I want to be able to create a task list of say 5 items with due dates and tracking if they were complete up until closing. I want those due dates to sync with google calendar (which is what the other 2 uses solely)

Any help on something that might meet those needs?

Advertisements
#447976 - 09/24/15 02:50 AM Re: Revisit on CRM's [Re: rck3]
GaryDavidHall Offline

Loc: Bucks County PA
The features you are asking for are a core functionality for most of the better CRMs so you shouldn't have a problem finding what you want.

With respect to most of them being a few years old, that's a good thing. First, they may be a few years old but that doesn't mean they haven't been keeping up with what's going on in the industry - most do. Second - a new CRM has "holes" in it for at least two to three years. that is a fact I have witnessed over 40 times since 1992. Some get better faster than others, but not a single one has come out of the gate with no need for improvement in basic features. In the case of CRMs, older is often better.

As far as being in the cloud goes, they pretty much all are at this point. There isn't enough money it in for the one and done desktop products in the small niche market of real estate specific CRM, so the desktop based products have almost all gone out of business. See here - https://garydavidhall.com/find-one/real-estate-crm-removed-from-market/

#448254 - 10/15/15 06:39 AM Re: Revisit on CRM's [Re: rck3]
Flynlow Offline

Loc: Wa
For what you are describing, Top Producer 8i is pretty much a perfect fit. I've been using TP for 4 years, I'm a huge fan. Looking at my database right now, I've got 20,107 leads in it, and it is able to keep up with all of them. My follow up would fall apart without it. Worth every penny.

#448256 - 10/15/15 06:54 AM Re: Revisit on CRM's [Re: rck3]
GaryDavidHall Offline

Just remember, when someone recommends a CRM, they are saying it is the right solution for THEM. It MAY also be the right one for you, but that's why I have over 20 of them. I match the one that is best suited to your particular needs.

Edited by GaryDavidHall (10/15/15 06:54 AM)

#448258 - 10/15/15 08:06 AM Re: Revisit on CRM's [Re: rck3]
jrpaulson Offline

Loc: WA
As usual, Gary is spot on! Asking for the best CRM is like asking "What car should I buy?" One person will tell you to buy a Prius, the next an Escalade.
Check out Gary's site and if you still can't figure it out, give him a call.
If you have a question about any of the specific CRMs you are considering, come back and ask.
Good luck and let us know which one you're going with.

#448259 - 10/15/15 09:21 AM Re: Revisit on CRM's [Re: rck3]
Flynlow Offline

Loc: Wa
Absolutely correct Gary. I've tried about 10 different CRMs over the years. I went with TP because it was best for my business and did all the things I needed it to do. There are many out there, your website looks like it is extremely helpful.

#448260 - 10/15/15 09:50 AM Re: Revisit on CRM's [Re: rck3]
GaryDavidHall Offline

Thanks JR. The car analogy is perfect.
Thanks Flynlow - My site has been 15 years in the making and is now on version 3.0.

#448519 - 10/27/15 11:44 AM Re: Revisit on CRM's [Re: rck3]
DFireFly Offline

Loc: Ky
I can't stand Top Producer, just had to say it. Not so much their product, but their insistence at locking people for a year long contract every chance they get, and if you decide to try out a new add-on, they'll re-up your one year contract. If they really had a product that they were proud of, they should be willing to let agents go with a month to month service, like most other CRMs do.

Lately I've been looking at WiseAgent, any comments or reviews for that one?

#448535 - 10/28/15 02:58 AM Re: Revisit on CRM's [Re: DFireFly]
GaryDavidHall Offline

I have to credit you for not knocking the product in general when it is really the contract that you don't like. You are one of very few who do that. Most people get online and start saying TP sucks, period. I agree that an annual contract is a bad idea, but the product itself is pretty darn good in many ways. The bottom line is that you do have 30 days to trial it and get your money back if you decide you don't like it. If you have spent some time trialing any CRM and you decide it is the one for you, then the year should not matter if you are committed to using it. If you have done your due diligence, once you pick a CRM, you should not want to switch to another one a few months later. It's a waste of time and you will lose data when you transfer. So what's my point in posting. Don't let the annual contract spook you just because it spooked this man. If after you trial TP it is not for you, so be it. But don't let the contract scare you. If you're committed, it shouldn't.

With respect to WiseAgent, it's another one of my favorite's as well as one of my best sellers. They are known to have excellent support, and the only one out there who actually has 24/7 support (email after hours). You get my Trans-Plans emails for free when you get your trial through my site [url=https://garydavidhall.com/find-one/real-estate-crm/wise-agent/][/url] here.

#448594 - 11/01/15 06:22 AM Re: Revisit on CRM's [Re: GaryDavidHall]
rck3 Offline

Loc: Pgh PA
7sd8vrhswnkpmem
Thanks all, and especially Gary. Your site was a big help. We ended up with Realvolve. It was a easy and comprehensive system. It's still newer so there are some gaps but they were pretty responsive. Had it for a month but then canceled though nothing to do with the system. I think it will be amazing in a year. In the end my wife's brokers lack of tech was more than just the CRM. Their overall tech was lacking and the support she was promised from the team wasnt there either so she ended up switching brokers. She went with KW in part because of the great offer they gave her plus their tech seemed top notch which met all her needs

#448601 - 11/02/15 01:25 AM Re: Revisit on CRM's [Re: rck3]
GaryDavidHall Offline

My pleasure rck3! Glad you found my site useful.

#448732 - 11/08/15 04:13 AM Re: Revisit on CRM's [Re: Flynlow]
John_Myers Offline

Loc: NM, USA
Does top producer provide content or do you develop the content

#448733 - 11/08/15 04:21 AM Re: Revisit on CRM's [Re: John_Myers]
GaryDavidHall Offline

It has more content than any of the CRMs. Email and letter templates, labels, post cards, fliers, CMA's, drip campaigns. activity plans, etc. Some say they don't like the way they're written but if that's the case, you tweak them to your market and personality. Far less time consuming than creating your own, and no matter whose templates you use, you may want to tweak them.

#448778 - 11/10/15 03:30 AM Re: Revisit on CRM's [Re: GaryDavidHall]
John_Myers Offline

Loc: NM, USA
Thanks for the information, their website was not clear. Do they hav a monthly newsletter?

I am currently using IXACT and am not having much success in generating business from it. I will admit that I don't have all my past buyers and sellers in the data base. I have been looking at Wise Agent and Top Producer. Do you have experience with any of these other real estate CRMs. If you do, who do you recommend?

#448781 - 11/10/15 03:41 AM Re: Revisit on CRM's [Re: John_Myers]
GaryDavidHall Offline

Hi John,

Top Producer does have a newsletter. They bought a company called Housing Trends and integrated with it, so that's their newsletter. Not sure what you mean by generating business from it. If you mean from the newsletter, I wouldn't count on any significant amount of business coming from any newsletter. But IXACT Contact has internal email campaign reporting to show you the results of each blast email. Who opened it. Who clicked on a link within it, etc.

With regards to the other CRMs, yes I have accounts with them and 20+ other real estate specific CRMs. You're welcome to visit my site at http://GaryDavidHall.com to see the in-depth reviews. I also offer free selection help through my site and will screen share with you to demonstrate them. I don't recommend any one CRM for everyone because everybody has their different aptitudes, current needs and future goals. There is no one best CRM for everyone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Shaun225, Dr.Brim, james luis, Snapple, Rockin m
29794 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 31 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 77
Vermont 40
estatereal 18
Flare616 16
Trouble 16
RonnieEmz 15
Snapple 12
Logan Five 11
Analog Man 10