Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityOne of the most popular online real estate communities consistently since 1998!

Virtual Homestaging at PadStyler.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtors Directory

Facebook
Sponsored Links
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#445154 - 04/22/15 08:21 PM Lead generation activities so far as a new agent
jaredmb05 Offline

Loc: East Coast
I'm a new agent and lead generation is a big priority for me so I want to make sure I'm doing as much things as I can to generate as much as possible

So far I've done the following:
Contact expired listings by sending them packages of my materials (brochures, past mailings, market reports etc) with a personalized letter. I can't find out how to get phone numbers.
Didn't put much on the package in terms of labeling as I want to get the recipients to open. Also was very vauge in the intro letter and hope that gets them to want to go through what I sent.

Made a spreadsheet of as many local professionals and executives I can find with as much info as I can get on them and sent them introduction packages similar to the expireds with a personal note introducing myself.

I've also sent mailers to high rent buildings to try and convert renters to buyers.

Planning on hosting other agent's open houses

And then of course mailing announcement packages to all my friends, family, and previous co workers. And to their offices so they hopefully keep my info around for co workers to stumbleupon. I figure, if I sent to their homes, it'd get lost and thrown away. At work they are more likely to put it to the sides of their desk.

Social Media and Website being set up through company IT department.

Aside from search engine advertising.. any other things I could be doing?

Thanks!

Advertisements
#445160 - 04/23/15 09:45 AM Re: Lead generation activities so far as a new agent [Re: jaredmb05]
David Hunter Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
HI Jared!

Any results so far?

What kind of sales message are you sending to expireds and the executives? Is the material about you or is it about them (from the looks of it, it sounds like you're talking about you)?

To get expired phone numbers check out www.WhitePages.com. You won't get ever phone number, but you'll get enough to keep you busy.

Again, what kind of info are you sending to your family and friends that's going to make them want to keep it around?

Doing any Facebook advertising? I don't, but I've heard from other agents that it works for them.

#445185 - 04/24/15 09:30 PM Re: Lead generation activities so far as a new agent [Re: jaredmb05]
kentuckybrown Offline

Loc: KY
I would read Dan Kennedy's book the Ulimate Sales letter. Watch free you tube videos of Dan Kennedy and Gary Halbert. You should not send expired listings more that a sales letter. All the other stuff they don't care about. They care about one thing. What is their pain and how can they solve it. They don't even care about homes that sold. Most have doubt that their home can sell now because it is the market not their pricing. Some think it is their previous agents fault. You want to send a letter letting them know you feel their pain. Once you stir their emotions and let them think about their problem explain how you can solve the problem.

There are a number of ways to generate business. One is the phone. Cold call, just listed, just sold, expired, FSBO. Again go to you tube for free videos from the top real estate coaches in the country. Mike Ferry and Kevin Ward is who I like.

You should not spend any money marketing until you read direct response marketing books. It will teach you how to market properly.

You could always buy leads online or pay per click but I don't do that so I can't tell you where to learn about that. You tube can teach you to fish so to speak. That and no fear of rejection and you will do great.

#445213 - 04/27/15 08:59 AM Re: Lead generation activities so far as a new agent [Re: kentuckybrown]
David Hunter Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
Originally Posted By: kentuckybrown
I would read Dan Kennedy's book the Ulimate Sales letter. Watch free you tube videos of Dan Kennedy and Gary Halbert. You should not send expired listings more that a sales letter. All the other stuff they don't care about. They care about one thing. What is their pain and how can they solve it. They don't even care about homes that sold. Most have doubt that their home can sell now because it is the market not their pricing. Some think it is their previous agents fault. You want to send a letter letting them know you feel their pain. Once you stir their emotions and let them think about their problem explain how you can solve the problem.

Got to love Planet Dan! Also, a great book by Dan is The Ultimate Marketing Plan.

#445786 - 06/01/15 01:25 AM Re: Lead generation activities so far as a new agent [Re: jaredmb05]
LeadGen Offline

Loc: Oregon
[quote=jaredmb05]
Social Media and Website being set up through company IT department.

Aside from search engine advertising.. any other things I could be doing?

Thanks!
[/quote]

1.) LEARN how to handle social media. This will be the biggest lead gen target in the future.

2.) PPC on Google is very expensive and ROI is hit or miss, but definitely give it a go. Make sure you spend time working on your local search rankings. It's simply a matter of making sure your business is listed on Google Places and showing correct info.

There's a lot of marketing strategies out there, but in order to do it right, it's almost a full-time job.

#447946 - 09/22/15 10:59 AM Re: Lead generation activities so far as a new agent [Re: jaredmb05]
RealtorWebsite Offline

Loc: Multiple
Promote your Facebook and twitter account would be helpful.
Real Estate Agent Website

Best Deal on Real Estate Agents Printing - 1,000 Business Cards $23 and etc
Real Estate Agent Printing

#449282 - 12/08/15 08:23 AM Re: Lead generation activities so far as a new agent [Re: jaredmb05]
BenP Offline

Loc: Canada
Definitely read some copywriting books like Dan Kennedy and Gary Halbert (as mentioned above) who said "There isn't a problem in the world that can't be solved by a good sales letter"

Always try to get in the minds of the prospects and think, "If my listing was expired, what kind of stress would I be feeling? What would I be blaming it on? How can I get out of this situation?"

And then BAM, here comes your sales letter as part of the conversation already going on in their heads (To quote the Robert Collier Letter Book, another classic marketing text).

#449390 - 12/15/15 12:38 AM Re: Lead generation activities so far as a new agent [Re: kentuckybrown]
AnonymousWriter Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Great advice.

#453244 - 06/29/16 06:23 PM Re: Lead generation activities so far as a new agent [Re: jaredmb05]
Creative Pile Offline

Loc: Arizona
I'm not sure about the high rent leads. If they are paying high rent maybe they can not qualify for a loan. It might work though. There might be that one person that has been thinking of making the move.

#453469 - 07/19/16 06:20 AM Re: Lead generation activities so far as a new agent [Re: jaredmb05]
Jenifer Soflous Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
People providing good advice. I hope you can generate real estate leads through the portals like zillow, trulia and sulekha. As a new agent you can be a part of any association in your State.

#454056 - 08/20/16 11:57 PM Re: Lead generation activities so far as a new agent [Re: Jenifer Soflous]
NickCatalano Offline

Loc: Perth, Australia
Email Newsletter can help you in long run. You can try that as well.

#454777 - 09/29/16 10:55 AM Re: Lead generation activities so far as a new agent [Re: jaredmb05]
Tabish B Offline

Loc: Toronto, ON
Congrats man!

I just want to say one thing to add value. ALWAYS track your leads. SPECIALLY the origin of your leads.

I mean, whatever you do, marketing can get expensive. The only way to make it really work for you is to track it. I've written a blog post about this JUST yesterday, but essentially, make sure you do call tracking, website analytics, PPC analytics (if you're doing Pay-Per-Click Marketing), and use Landing Pages for digital!

Here's the full article on [url=http://mastratdigital.com/tracking-leads-realtors/]lead tracking for realtors[/url]. Let me know if this helps. And let me know if it DOESN'T help or requires clarification.

Good luck, my friend!

#454837 - 10/02/16 10:29 PM Re: Lead generation activities so far as a new agent [Re: jaredmb05]
USA Veteran Offline

Loc: FL
I am a new agent myself, but i already have 2 houses listed and 1 buyer under contract in my first 2 months. I am not sure if its just beginners luck or what as i am still learning what i need to learn to be successful down the road..

When i ordered my business cards, i ordered them as stickers as well. Since i am a real estate investor as well trying to broaden my knowledge always, so i attend meetings all over my city through meetup.com. When i attend these meetings i usually carry 1 or 2 sticker cards with me and ill take the check afterwards and stick my business sticker to it.. so far in 2 months one waiter kept my receipt with the sticker and called me up to ask me to list her house for me.

Then when i was at the Chevy dealership waiting for my cars oil change. I took a handful of business stickers and stuck 1 on the front page of every magazine they had in the guest area.... this resulted in the buyer i helped find a house for.

then my other listing came from the gas station. The gas station has stacks of these credit card applications sitting on top of the pumps. I pulled one out, stuck my sticker on it and placed it back in the holder and someone seen it while pumping gas and that resulted in my 2nd seller listing...

What i have been doing that has not turned into any leads yet is cold calling... i have been NOT using an autodialer and just calling FSBO and Expireds one at a time after looking the numbers up via whitepages.. so far to date i have not had a single one turn into a contract yet...had a few interested, but they owed way more then what they could get selling it...

I invested in a business class LED printer with very very cheap toner replacement prices and printed out 500 flyers and walked around my neighborhood putting them at every door manually and door knocking.. so far i had a few buyer leads come from this that have not turned into a contract yet.. no seller leads yet though..

I just ordered my first postcard i designed, i placed an order for 5,000 of them and plan to pass them out via door knocking most likely.. but they have not arrived yet.

#455975 - 12/20/16 03:20 PM Re: Lead generation activities so far as a new agent [Re: USA Veteran]
C21-Mike Offline

Loc: Miami, FL
Great job on getting exposure. [quote=USA Veteran]I am a new agent myself, but i already have 2 houses listed and 1 buyer under contract in my first 2 months. I am not sure if its just beginners luck or what as i am still learning what i need to learn to be successful down the road..

When i ordered my business cards, i ordered them as stickers as well. Since i am a real estate investor as well trying to broaden my knowledge always, so i attend meetings all over my city through meetup.com. When i attend these meetings i usually carry 1 or 2 sticker cards with me and ill take the check afterwards and stick my business sticker to it.. so far in 2 months one waiter kept my receipt with the sticker and called me up to ask me to list her house for me.

Then when i was at the Chevy dealership waiting for my cars oil change. I took a handful of business stickers and stuck 1 on the front page of every magazine they had in the guest area.... this resulted in the buyer i helped find a house for.

then my other listing came from the gas station. The gas station has stacks of these credit card applications sitting on top of the pumps. I pulled one out, stuck my sticker on it and placed it back in the holder and someone seen it while pumping gas and that resulted in my 2nd seller listing...

What i have been doing that has not turned into any leads yet is cold calling... i have been NOT using an autodialer and just calling FSBO and Expireds one at a time after looking the numbers up via whitepages.. so far to date i have not had a single one turn into a contract yet...had a few interested, but they owed way more then what they could get selling it...

I invested in a business class LED printer with very very cheap toner replacement prices and printed out 500 flyers and walked around my neighborhood putting them at every door manually and door knocking.. so far i had a few buyer leads come from this that have not turned into a contract yet.. no seller leads yet though..

I just ordered my first postcard i designed, i placed an order for 5,000 of them and plan to pass them out via door knocking most likely.. but they have not arrived yet. [/quote]

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Bytes, bpoexpert, catador4255, Daini Marry, Cece
29080 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (BPOs4ever, 1 invisible), 202 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Vermont 32
Jhony 29
Daniel1234 24
rdayley 16
C21Mr.May 15
David Hunter 15
Z06Fanatic 14
JohnN 11
JMK307 10