Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28496349
No new orders today 13140098
Stupid MLS comments. 3347054
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1229655
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1102970
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1057495
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 846283
Let's talk about our cars 698802
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 623858
Most common items found at an REO 619274
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 614838
REOTRANS 463479
EML 459235
Main Street 444579
asset val seminar in colorado 422886
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 353949
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 329163
Evalonline 300209
Land America 285053
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#442744 - 01/26/15 02:06 AM Social media content
smg Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: United States
Good Morning guys- Any recommendations for a company that provides good FB content? Just things that could be posted on an ongoing basis to FB and to my blog on my website? Ideally, they would be geographically specific, but that may not be out there. Recommendations?

Advertisements
#442993 - 01/30/15 06:25 PM Re: Social media content [Re: smg]
markj-b Offline

Loc: kelowna canada
Go to Fiverr.com or 123employee.com and hire a Virtual Assistant to do that work. It will cost you very little and you can get constant good content flowing on to your social media pages

Realtor Training

#443127 - 02/06/15 09:53 AM Re: Social media content [Re: smg]
Mark Runyon Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Not to knock virtual assistants, but just setting them loose to post real estate or local area content isn't an effective strategy.

You need to sit down and craft a social media campaign to ensure what you are posting is going to be the most effective for your audience. You want to post content that will get shared and commented on or you are wasting your time on social media.

As for finding content, Buzzsumo is a great resource. You can see what is trending on social media for any topic you plug in. For local items, I'd look for event calendars on your local newspaper's website. You can also setup Google alerts to notify you of news/events as it posts. Also try to target great homeowner related articles -- what renovations boost a house's value, what neighborhoods are the hottest in your area, etc.

I wrote an article a few months ago about how to construct a social media campaign, what channels to target and where to go to find great content.

http://soundout.net/realtors-can-use-social-media-gain-customers/

Edited by Mark Runyon (02/06/15 09:54 AM)

#443405 - 02/16/15 05:49 AM Re: Social media content [Re: smg]
markj-b Offline

VA's are smarter than most people in this area. The key thing is to set the boundaries. Naturally you do not want random posts, but they work for you not for themselves. You hire them to do the job you want them to do, no different to a regular employee. Why would you set them loose?

Realtor Training

#443426 - 02/17/15 01:57 AM Re: Social media content [Re: markj-b]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Outer Banks
Originally Posted By: markj-b
VA's are smarter than most people in this area.

If va's are so clever, why are they on fiver taking 5 dollar gigs on fiver?

the va's that get hired to post on this forum are pretty much mostly idiots and hurt their clients more than help.

@smg
whoever you get, make sure you supervise what they post. In this business, dumb articles or blog posts can really hurt your reputation with potential clients.

#443605 - 02/23/15 07:52 AM Re: Social media content [Re: Bigtoe]
markj-b Offline

I have hired VA's with Masters Degree's - are you suggesting you can get a masters degree through incompetency. Like everything in life you need to do some due diligence. You would be surprised how much money people are making doing $5 gigs on Fiverr

Realtor Training

#443794 - 03/01/15 01:42 AM Re: Social media content [Re: smg]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Outer Banks
When hiring somone to post content online for you, in your name, you have to be careful. A nice agent in miami hired somone to do forum posts on his behalf and he would be shocked to see what his money got him. This 5 dollar employee posted the quote below on this forum last night.

Originally Posted By: zamannbd
Miami beach is the most beautiful place of the world. As a accommodation is a most perfect place.As a beautiful place many people went to live in Miami beach. There dream comes true by some real estate companies. There have many real estate in Miami beach. I know a [www.elitemiamiproperty.com/]miami beach realtor[/url] company who serve you different type service. If you went know more information about Miami beach realtor please visit my given website.

Edited by Bigtoe (03/01/15 01:48 AM)

#443795 - 03/01/15 01:49 AM Re: Social media content [Re: Bigtoe]
June2012 Offline

Loc: FL
OMG! So very funny!

#443819 - 03/01/15 09:19 AM Re: Social media content [Re: June2012]
MOMO Offline

Loc: USA
I saw that and almost commented but bit my fingers.

#443949 - 03/05/15 11:33 PM Re: Social media content [Re: smg]
MOHSIN75 Offline

Loc: Dhaka,Bangladesh
Last few days I am thinking to hiring some one for develop content for my site. This discussion very helpful for me to take decision in next days how do I develop nice content for real estate pages?

#444202 - 03/12/15 11:22 PM Re: Social media content [Re: smg]
MOHSIN75 Offline

Loc: Dhaka,Bangladesh
Photos are worth a thousand words and in real-estate how you present your properties are more important than ever. This means you need to showcase them on Facebook in albums, on Pinterest in boards, on Instagram with geo-tags, on your website and through email. Photos lend themselves really well socially, so make sure you use them to your advantage.Seccondly take advantage Of geotargeting and become a local expart.

#445018 - 04/14/15 07:14 PM Re: Social media content [Re: smg]
joe1 Offline

Loc: California, USA
You can get a whole bunch accomplished using Fiverr.

#445222 - 04/27/15 10:04 AM Re: Social media content [Re: smg]
RooftopCoaching Offline

Loc: NH
I agree with putting together a plan that outlines your content and contact strategy. It will be much easier to manage.

There are apps like Hootsuite that allows you to schedule posts to all of your social media outlets. You an take an hour, put together some posts, and schedule them all. It's a great time saver.

I'm on Twitter, FB and LinkedIn... and soon to officially launch my marketing coaching business, Rooftop Coaching, with my blog. I hope you find it interesting and educational.

Good luck!
Kerri Durkee
Rooftop Coaching

#448981 - 11/19/15 08:48 AM Re: Social media content [Re: smg]
LuxuryRealtor Offline

Loc: Ky
I would never let someone post for me, either on social media or any of my websites, my personal brand is way too valuable to put into the hands of someone else, it's one of my most valuable assets, which I work on regularly, I do all of my own posting just so that I can control the quality that I expect.

#451447 - 03/19/16 09:58 AM Re: Social media content [Re: smg]
Gabe K Offline

Loc: Langley BC
Fiverr can be used sparingly, but everything should be overlooked before posting. I've heard some horror stories. I personally use a marketing company for social and content. I work with them and never leave anything to chance.

#460016 - 12/05/17 02:35 PM Re: Social media content [Re: smg]
FlyerRE Offline

Loc: El Paso, TX
I have found Google Trends to be extremely useful when looking for inspiration and/or relevant topics to write about, at least if you hire a VA you can actually give them a list of things you would like to post or topics that might interest your audience.

#460087 - 12/14/17 01:40 PM Re: Social media content [Re: smg]
Earl_White Offline

Loc: 16850 Collins Ave, #112560, Su...
I agree that you can get fairly good work-product from free-lancers on Upwork, Fiverr, Freelance, among other sites. The one issue that you may run into, is that in many cases, they lack the certain "real estate flair" that makes an article pop.

Additionally, as you are working your blog articles, keep in mind "internal linking." Internal linking is the process whereby a user (or Google crawlbot) will find one link and lead to other content creation. This helps pass on the "SEO juice" from one blog article to another, build site structure, and assuming you do it contextually correct, gives the reader another opportunity for helpful information. Additionally,

It's important to consider that your title tag/meta data property is oriented to your article for strong search engine optimization impact.

#460463 - 01/21/18 03:17 PM Re: Social media content [Re: Earl_White]
The Legacy Team Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
We had first-hand experiences with freelancers on Upwork. They have great VAs for Real Estates but if what you need is a content writer for your Real Estate blog, find someone who is knowledgeable in SEO or backlinking as well. This will help you drive traffic to your website and avoid spammers. All the best!

The Legacy Team
www.toporlandorealestateagents.com

#461298 - 04/24/18 01:55 PM Re: Social media content [Re: smg]
Team Sztanyo Offline

Loc: OH
Market updates, new properties on the market, neighborhood overviews, school system reviews, local government news, local business news, etc.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
marySr3illy, Toska Palmer, Krybowie, GoGetter84, AmericanProperty
30137 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 64 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Team Sztanyo 33
Z06Fanatic 16
kirastan 16
Trouble 15
estatereal 12
LuG 11
Mr. Clean 11
Bigtoe 10
RonnieEmz 10