Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28357160
No new orders today 13124363
Stupid MLS comments. 3313038
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1208691
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1083405
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1043610
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 836609
Let's talk about our cars 682950
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 615299
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 604070
Most common items found at an REO 595194
EML 459233
REOTRANS 449501
Main Street 435308
asset val seminar in colorado 415754
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 347343
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 317654
Evalonline 300206
Land America 285053
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#436955 - 06/19/14 11:26 PM Re: Open house questions [Re: mchnhd4]
FlyerCo Offline

Loc: Orange County, California
My only advice is consistency. You'll get better as you go, the key is keep trying to improve like you're currently doing.

Eventually things will click as long as you don't give up!

Advertisements
#437014 - 06/21/14 09:38 AM Re: Open house questions [Re: mchnhd4]
fangenator Offline

Loc: IL
This thread is a nightmare!

Here's why. mchnhd4, in response to your initial post, if people aren't getting back to your emails, it's probably because your initial email sucked - not "human behavior". You can't just say "it was great speaking to you" and expect them to remember who you are, what house you showed them, and why they should care about you. That's not their responsibility. It's your responsibility to remind them. The serious shoppers probably walked into at least 3-4 open houses that day and twice that many over the weekend. Do you really think you're the only realtor they had a conversation with and gave their contact information to? They probably got at least 5 emails in the next day or two. What makes yours stand out?

If people aren't even opening your emails, you need to change your subject line. It's probably boring or generic or going to spam. Be more interesting. If your emails are going to spam, it's probably because you're using an email server that people have abused in the past like Top Producer. Change it.

If people are opening your email but not replying, they might not even remember the property. So remind them. Before they leave your open house, ask them what they liked or didn't like about the house. Then in your follow up email, use their exact words to remind them about the property. If they really liked the pool, remind them of that.

You can't just write off the entire open house marketing strategy because you suck at the execution. You can't blame shopper's "human behavior" because you suck at engaging them through email. Just figure out how to suck less. Nobody is an expert at a marketing channel the first time they use it. You have to learn how to execute well. You'll NEVER learn if you just blame your customers and go looking for the next channel that might work.

#437045 - 06/22/14 12:39 PM Re: Open house questions [Re: mchnhd4]
Bob Gordon Offline

Loc: Boulder Colorado
Top 10 Suggestions For a Successful Open House
(I have blogged on these ideas and have had personal success)
1. Pick the house carefully. I never do open houses based upon what listing agents need. I look for close in, entry level or trade up priced and popular city/subdivisions only.

2. Get permission to add an "Open Sunday 1 to 3" rider to list agents sign.

3. Market open house online. CRITICAL. Craigslist, Trulia, Zillow, Realtor.com, local newspaper's online section.

4. I place 20 signs per open house. 1/3 of my visitors only saw the signs.

5. Make incredible flyers.

6. Preview similar homes.

7. Invite past clients and friends.

8. Offer amazing treats.

9. Social Media: photo all you do - post to FB, Twitter, Linked

10. Ask a question that engages as they leave. My question is, "what is your favorite house you have seen so far?" It stumps most people and starts a conversation. 50% of the time leading to an email address.

Was this helpful?

I have BLOGS with photos of what I'm recommending and more details I can share. I'm brand new on this BB and uncertain I'm allowed to post an outside link, but happy to share direct via email or something.

#437121 - 06/25/14 06:56 AM Re: Open house questions [Re: fangenator]
BpoBill Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: US
Originally Posted By: fangenator
This thread is a nightmare!

Here's why. mchnhd4, in response to your initial post, if people aren't getting back to your emails, it's probably because your initial email sucked - not "human behavior". You can't just say "it was great speaking to you" and expect them to remember who you are, what house you showed them, and why they should care about you. That's not their responsibility. It's your responsibility to remind them. The serious shoppers probably walked into at least 3-4 open houses that day and twice that many over the weekend. Do you really think you're the only realtor they had a conversation with and gave their contact information to? They probably got at least 5 emails in the next day or two. What makes yours stand out?

If people aren't even opening your emails, you need to change your subject line. It's probably boring or generic or going to spam. Be more interesting. If your emails are going to spam, it's probably because you're using an email server that people have abused in the past like Top Producer. Change it.

If people are opening your email but not replying, they might not even remember the property. So remind them. Before they leave your open house, ask them what they liked or didn't like about the house. Then in your follow up email, use their exact words to remind them about the property. If they really liked the pool, remind them of that.

You can't just write off the entire open house marketing strategy because you suck at the execution. You can't blame shopper's "human behavior" because you suck at engaging them through email. Just figure out how to suck less. Nobody is an expert at a marketing channel the first time they use it. You have to learn how to execute well. You'll NEVER learn if you just blame your customers and go looking for the next channel that might work.

What do you use for email subject lines?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
locknmore, cdefgh120303, The Legacy Team, starfish11040, mannycro80
29912 Registered Users
Who's Online
5 registered (estatereal, locknmore, Long Walk, barb43, doug), 78 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 46
Vermont 24
estatereal 21
VABroker 20
Trouble 15
Lucky Leonardo 14
jreal413 9
The Legacy Team 7
MissionJoe 7