Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28353941
No new orders today 13123719
Stupid MLS comments. 3310098
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1208128
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1082738
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1043344
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 835857
Let's talk about our cars 681639
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 614449
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 603663
Most common items found at an REO 593976
EML 459233
REOTRANS 448919
Main Street 434921
asset val seminar in colorado 415312
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 346856
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 317141
Evalonline 300206
Land America 285053
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#435907 - 05/10/14 05:38 PM I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! *****
bkyle1991 Offline

Loc: monterey, ca
Time for a doorknocking MEGATHREAD.

So not picking a area, I just randomly chose a neighborhood near my work. Everyone was nice, did this for like 2 hours. One guy invited me in his home to show me his art, he says I can borrow his $5000 art pieces to decorate any home listings I get! I just wish I picked a better area with less apartments, privacy gates and no solicitor signs. Despite it being 10-12AM on a weekday I got more contacts this way than I did using mojodialer running 3 lines. The first door I knocked on I was so scared, it was hard to get the words out. But within minutes I started getting into it and running up to folks on the street giving them my businesscard and introducing myself!!!haha

So most everyone was nice. I just went around inviting people to my openhouse, handing out my business card, asking how long theyve been in the neighborhood and getting to the point of when theyre moving. I think it will be better to avoid $#%holes by starting with inviting them to your openhouse. I was doing the NASBY thing asking when theyre moving up front and the 2nd guy I talked to said "Blah blah blh, I dont appreciate this, drum up business some other way".

Im a new agent but Im HUNGRY for lucky money($500, 000 year). Im a 4th gen agent, but nobody in my family has a good system to get business oddly enough.

Heres what Im currently plotting...

Dress: Black shirt, black tie, black pants and my supra key on my belt so I look like an authority figure.

Print: I called ChicagoTitle, a lender and another title co. They seem willing to give me some material to pass out. I might have to print out my county's NAR market stats to handout though. Im thinking of stapling my business card to this. And on the back of my businesscard I want to have

Area:High turn over area or surrounding Listed/Sold. Also on Sundays I will knock doors around my openhouse. Visit 2-4X year.

Ive been told the title co can get me a "walking farm", not sure what that includes.

Script: 1.Introduction 2.Openhouse invitation and hand print material 3. Something(nice neighborhood, nice house, nice garden) 4. Can I ask, do you know anyone interested in buying or selling? 5. How long have you lived in the neighborhood? 6. Can I ask, when do you plan on moving?

The Knock: 4 hard knocks. Then take 3 steps back and slightly turn. Smile. Make sure your hands are showing.(Im big, 6'2 or 6'3 without exaggerating like most. Gotta seem nice!) I change my tone when dealing with clients, learned this while working in grocery.

Other: Im considering bringing along a recorder, since there are many weirdos out there. You never know!

Im thinking of warping my script some, but I like inviting people to my openhouse. Its not really anything of value, but I feel like it garners reciprocity. Give and get.

BTW there is a agent on youtube that does videos about doorknocking, he says hes going to start a weekly doorknocking teleconference. Ill keep you updated on it!

Good/Bad/Suggestions?
Ive been told doorknocking is $1500 an hour work. No way...Really??

Im just trying to figure out how many hours of this before I get a listing. Avg price $500,000-$750,00. I havent heard of other real estate doorknockers around here, never had one come to our door. Low inventory on the market currently. In 2 years prices have shot up 71%. Lots of elderly people here. I can easily make 10-15 contacts hourly. If I do this 4 hours a day, what does that calculate out to?

Edited by bkyle1991 (05/10/14 05:52 PM)

Advertisements
#435917 - 05/11/14 07:16 AM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: bkyle1991]
ramanda Offline

Loc: MA
Hey bkyle- I love it! I have doorknocked off and on and have gotten business from it - gotta get more consistent. Going to start back tomorrow going every day that weather permits. It is a little unnerving at first but most people are friendly. I made up a brochure about myself that i hand out along with offers for free reports and of course a free market analysis. The brochure is from Borino's expired program that i purchased recently. I bought some clear plastic bags that are doorhangers and if no one is home i leave that at the door with my materials inside so at least they see my name and face. I live in a more rural area so the houses are spread out farther apart but i do my best. I have heard from Bill Nasby and a few others that every 50 contacts should get you a listing as long as the area is a high turnover area. I think this is about right but want to really start tracking my numbers to see if that is true. Also, i think i mentioned that every person at the door is equivalent to 3 on the phone. The other thing is that that listing may be a ways off as most people you meet this way aren't ready to list their house that week. It's usually a ways off. My script is I tell them i just sold a house over on such and such road and i'm looking for more homes to show my buyers. Do you they know of anyone in the area or are they thinking of moving in the next 6-12 months. If they are receptive i ask them if they want to stay up to date on prices and listings and sales in the neighborhood with my monthly market snapshot report. So glad you started this thread! $1,500 an hour? Hmmm that would be great!

Edited by ramanda (05/11/14 07:28 AM)

#435930 - 05/12/14 10:02 AM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: bkyle1991]
David Hunter Online   content
Major Contributor

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
Looks like you're going to kick some butt. Awesome!

I'm curious, you said you're a 4th generation agent and your family doesn't have good lead generation systems in place. So, what do they do to get business? What have they done to be successful?

#435937 - 05/12/14 02:30 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: David Hunter]
bkyle1991 Offline

Good question. My great grandfather was supposed to be a OG real estate agent, did lots of business and died from being a chain smoker or something. My grandmother just used her license to show condo model homes. My uncle just likes to kick back, hes smart but just joins whichever brokerage throws him buyer leads. My stepdad and mom(Escrow 20+ yr's & loans 5) have been in the business forever, they got referral business from being in the industry forever. They still run newspaper ads and get some business from social places(gym) , plus my stepdad gets some from just being loud.

Anyways I think the lower end areas are perhaps better for hitting up. The ghetto was friendlier than the high end areas haha. Title co is getting my print material together today,
will be picking up whatever they got in a hour. The lender I spoke too never kept in touch.

Doors in the afternoon today! Should get me a higher contact ratio.

Edited by bkyle1991 (05/12/14 02:32 PM)

#436086 - 05/17/14 08:57 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: bkyle1991]
bkyle1991 Offline

What script have you folks used with success? I doorknocked mostly in the hood this week since more upscale neighborhoods had a realtor on every block and snobby people. Guy from the title co is supposed to get my "walk farm" soon thatll show the owner occupied's which is cool. I do notice in the lower end neighborhoods I come across more wannabe homeowners who want to know how to get a loan; I think that'll be a good bunch to hit up when my loan license is paid for.

Pretty much everybody is nice, one psycho did answer the door with a giant serrated knife raised up which he didnt put down the whole time I was on his doorstep. I think that guy was more scared of me since I wouldnt go until I ran through all my scripts haha. Its election time so all these political aids and stuff are out in force knocking doors and leaving fliers, F%#@&ing up the game.

Thinking of changing my strategy some. Such as starting my efforts off by going to the street of a NOD/EXPIRED then running through the rest of the doors on the street.

Well! As a new agent I find it hard since I got a lower broker split(No I dont work for my moms brokerage). So what Im wondering is about how many contacts on average do you have to make before you get that one person who needs to list NOW if hitting up random folks through the doors. Theres lots of 1 year out leads and whatnot, but Im just wondering how many contacts to get an immediate listing. I SHOULDNT ask this and theres really no way to pinpoint it with so many variables, but Im eager and I got to know an estimate to keep in mind.
Like for FSBO if it is every 1/100-300? Randoms would be every 1/1000-1500....What is it in your experience?

Edited by bkyle1991 (05/17/14 09:28 PM)

#436088 - 05/17/14 09:53 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: bkyle1991]
gitmonee Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: LA California
I don't think there's a number. Your neighborhood could be zero !

#436209 - 05/22/14 03:02 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: gitmonee]
bkyle1991 Offline

Im loving doors, much better than cold calling random people in my area atleast!

Calls are horrible to random folks because you reach old senile, spanish speakers and people too dumb to sign up with DNC. Also targeted lists arent that large, you can burn through them fast. FSBO for example is many odd properties and very few SFH's in my area. Calling a few vacant land owners today proved fruitful

Today I changed my area, got several leads and 3 CMA's. One invited me in the house and send she wants to list soon(couple months maybe).So hopefully I can get my first SFH listing before long.

I come across odd properties while on foot such as vacant homes, vacant lots, violations, city paper put on the door that are interesting. My attempts to lookup the owners of a few of the vacant homes didnt produce much.

Discount brokerages are pissing me off. Theres a couple with their own brokerage who charge 1% Ive seen around and got a couple of my potential listings. I heard from my parents someone else is going to start a 1% brokerage here too. Just wow, what a joke. You cant make it in this business so you plan to undercut all the competition. I read on one's site that they listed over a hundred properties, but on another page of their site it said they sold over 50. Whats that tell you?

I got one walk farm from a title co, its kinda crap, just an excel list I gotta sort out. Theres another one waiting for me at a different title co that the guy said is 36 pages and printed.

Trying to get more organized, I need to print a map of city streets and highlight them as I do them.

I need to get my "fun cards" with the coupon promos on back made so I can turn more people into customers.

#436213 - 05/22/14 04:30 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: bkyle1991]
gitmonee Offline
Veteran Member

Nothing you can do about discount brokers.

Those sellers would have asked you to cut your commission to 4% too, and if you didn't, they would "think about it."

If you have a major sellers market, little work needs to be done to sell the house, and full service is not needed.

I have seen a $2.8mil mansion get sold by a discount broker here.

#436228 - 05/23/14 09:05 AM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: bkyle1991]
KWCareers Offline

Loc: Worldwide
Here is a great door knocking strategy from one of Keller Williams Realty's best coaches, Kevin Ward. Hope it helps! Effective Door Knocking Strategy For Real Estate Agents

#436239 - 05/23/14 03:34 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: ramanda]
Hunter 308 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: ramanda
Bill Nasby and a few others that every 50 contacts should get you a listing as long as the area is a high turnover.

FLAT OUT WRONG!

If they are receptive i ask them if they want to stay up to date on prices and listings and sales in the neighborhood with my monthly market snapshot report.

GREAT IDEA IF YOU WANT TO BUILD A MONSTER DATA BASE BUT NOT SMART IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A MOTIVATED CLIENT, ie. you have bills to pay and need to do a deal plus you will need a ton of cash to service a huge data base for a long time before you get some money in your pocket, if you married well then you will do just fine with this set up.

Edited by Hunter 308 (05/23/14 03:35 PM)

#436240 - 05/23/14 03:38 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: bkyle1991]
smg Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: United States
There is also a perception that a door knocker is a hustler, where most view a phone solicitor differently. I had a call this week from a retired broker. He saw me knocking on his street and said, "that is the kind of work ethic I want in my agent". He is listing in a couple of months and we will meet then. I have that thought in his head, the others do not. I have not been knocking as much as I should, I am still chasing BPOs. However, I recently had a $300k closing that I got from knocking. This does work, it differentiates you.

#436249 - 05/23/14 09:38 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: bkyle1991]
gitmonee Offline
Veteran Member

well there's no way around door knocking. Many people are on DNC list, and most ignore mailers.

#436250 - 05/23/14 09:56 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: bkyle1991]
barb43 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: SW Okla
Be sure there are no city ordinances against door knocking, or that require you to pay for a pricey permit to do it. Goal is to: door knock in peace, and not find yourself sitting in the back of a squad car.

Folks here do not door knock these days because of city ordinances against it without a pricey permit (that must be renewed several times a year).

So know your local laws.

LIMITATIONS: Until You Spread Your Wings, You'll Have No Idea How Far You Can Walk. - despair.com

#436256 - 05/24/14 09:18 AM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: bkyle1991]
gitmonee Offline
Veteran Member

my city has a door knocking permit requirement too, but the funny thing is the police don't enforce it.
You could call the police and report a door knocker, but they just won't come.

#436304 - 05/25/14 02:06 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: gitmonee]
Cindy W Offline

Loc: Florida
Thank you for starting this thread. I recently started door knocking. I prefer it to cold calling. The one down side is that the heat here in Florida is killer.

#436411 - 05/29/14 08:00 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: Cindy W]
Hunter 308 Offline
Veteran Member

I've been back at it since the weather changed. I'm very glad
to be off the phone.

Here is today's sample:

9:00 - 11:40, 103 doors, 30 contacts, 2 leads (one of which I dont want to work with)

1:00 - 3:00, 85 doors, 20 contacts, zero leads

Edited by Hunter 308 (05/29/14 08:01 PM)

#436477 - 06/01/14 07:16 AM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: bkyle1991]
ibsellin Offline

Loc: USA
Hi, when I was a rookie I did some door knocking.. I got an appointment with a 1.5M seller, lost it to another agent, but he sold for $1.5M which is exactly what I told him. I don't know why I ever quit, I ended up reading lucky's thread and beginning to call instead, but honestly I hate calling.. I should get back at it... could lose some belly at the same time!

What will you do if you don't have a nearby listing instead of the open house invitation?

The neighborhood I'm trying to work is a high priced neighborhood, way overworked, properly priced listings get multiple offers in a week.. I'm looking to break in, how should I start?

Our mls has a really nice auto-email system that can spit out market reports full of details and photos, sold prices, actives, etc. on a regular schedule. I have generated so much buyer business off this drip system its ridiculous.. you can set and forget. If you can get them signed up and they look at them you will get a call or email 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, 18 months, 2 years after setting them up when they are ready, with no follow up. I'm sure conversion is 10x better with follow up. I only follow up with the hottest leads, I am too ADD to follow up with incubated buyers. So I've been considering trying this with sellers.. something like:

Hi sir, I'm Ibsellin a real estate broker and was interested in offering you a free market report by email, here's an example (quickly pull out ipad and show them how cool they are before they say no and shut door).

Thoughts & Suggestions?

Edited by ibsellin (06/01/14 07:19 AM)

#436492 - 06/02/14 04:59 AM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: ibsellin]
Hunter 308 Offline
Veteran Member

Sounds like a solid plan, out speaking to people, offering something of value not to mention you will walk straight into
immediate business plus this will be very cheap to implement
and maintain.

#436572 - 06/04/14 09:12 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: bkyle1991]
Tex Offline

Loc: TX
I guess I just find it hard to believe it is possible to get good quality listings or buyer clients by either door knocking or using an auto-dialer. Maybe it is because I am kind of new at this. And what I mean by kind of new is that I have been a builder for many years, and bought and sold a number of properties. I have done this a long time, just not for others.

I applaud high energy. I just think there ought to be a better way to apply it. I hope nobody takes offense to this, but I am just trying to apply constructive criticism from the public’s perspective.

Lets say I have a home to sell. If somebody came knocking on my door looking for real estate business that tells me that they are new, inexperienced, etc. I know everybody has to start somewhere. But I don’t want them starting with one of the biggest investments I have. I want the guy/gal who has been doing this for so long that you have to seek them out. Myself, I don’t want to look new at it. Aren’t we supposed to be professionals? That doesn’t look professional.

And auto-dialers: I am so sick of these calls I am just without words that I can use on here. DNC isn’t working for us for some reason. I have ill family and jump to the phone every time it rings, only to get an autodialed solicitor on well over half the calls. I think they should be completely banned by the FCC. Since that isn’t happening anytime soon I would like to just call friends and family and tell them to call our cell phones from now on and drop our land line altogether.

The one problem with that is that from now on anybody that calls the landline will get a message saying, “This line has been disconnected.” That looks like I couldn’t pay my bills. Instead of doing that I am thinking of turning the ringer off and setting the answering machine to answer only and not take a message. The outgoing message will say something like, “Due to the ridiculous number of solicitor calls we no longer answer this line. If you really and truly know us you know our cell numbers and can reach us there.”

You people using autodailers: Can't you see how much of a pain in the butt you are to people just trying to enjoy peace in their home, the home you think you are going to get a chance to sell? I think autodialers are as unprofessional as it gets.

I apologize if I have ruffled feathers. However, you know the ratio of leads you get from those menacing machines, what 1 out of 1,000. You have successfully pissed off 999!!!

#436586 - 06/05/14 10:39 AM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: Tex]
smg Offline
Major Contributor

Originally Posted By: Tex
Lets say I have a home to sell. If somebody came knocking on my door looking for real estate business that tells me that they are new, inexperienced, etc. I know everybody has to start somewhere. But I don’t want them starting with one of the biggest investments I have. I want the guy/gal who has been doing this for so long that you have to seek them out. Myself, I don’t want to look new at it. Aren’t we supposed to be professionals? That doesn’t look professional.

Honestly, if I have a home to sell and a guy comes to my door, I am going to think "here is an agent that is out looking for buyers and sellers, not a guy sitting and waiting for the phone to ring". I have been an agent for ten years. In half an hour, I am going out to knock doors. I believe in prospecting and I see absolutely no correlation to it and an agents experience. I would rather hire the agent that shows me salesmanship, an eagerness to find clients and a work ethic.

#436686 - 06/10/14 03:17 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: smg]
Okeydoka Offline

Hi Everyone,

What do you door knockers wear? It gets hot in Houston, and sunny. I'm bald and will get a sunburn on my head if I'm not careful. Do you wear nice shorts? Do you think it would be okay to wear a hat, or do I just need to apply sunscreen to my melon?

The way I see it….if the roofers and landscapers can door knock, then why not me?

#436688 - 06/10/14 05:03 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: Okeydoka]
MuneLister Offline

Loc: Orlando
[quote=Okeydoka]Hi Everyone,

What do you door knockers wear? It gets hot in Houston, and sunny. I'm bald and will get a sunburn on my head if I'm not careful. Do you wear nice shorts? Do you think it would be okay to wear a hat, or do I just need to apply sunscreen to my melon?

The way I see it….if the roofers and landscapers can door knock, then why not me? [/quote]

I generally wear a nice polo shirt and some slacks. I think shorts would be a bit on the unpro side of things in folks' minds. I'm bald as well. Get some good sunscreen!

#436689 - 06/10/14 05:10 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: Okeydoka]
Hunter 308 Offline
Veteran Member

Semi smart straw hat, it lets your head breath, sun screen for sure and black hiking boots or something really comfortable for your feet, a crisp button down dress shirt and shorts or pants.
As soon as you have finished shaving/showering apply the sun screen and by the time you leave your home you wont have white marks on your face.

Have fun out there.

Edited by Hunter 308 (06/10/14 05:11 PM)

#436691 - 06/10/14 08:22 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: bkyle1991]
gitmonee Offline
Veteran Member

polo shirt is perfect for hot days.

Just look neat.

#436699 - 06/11/14 08:25 AM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: bkyle1991]
BrianMI Offline

Loc: Michigan
I think that it's important to remember that following up with the leads you do get is going to be the most important factor in the success of any door knocking campaign. (Or cold calling campaign for that matter)

The major advantage of contacting people in an area in such a manner is outlined by Bill Nasby in his door knocking audio course:

"When door knocking a farm area...you know who's planning on making a move in the next 3 to 6 months. Other agents have no idea who's planning to make a move. If you knew everyone in your target farm area who was planning to make a move, don't you think that would give you an advantage?"

The answer is an obvious "yes".

The downside to this method vs contacting FSBOs or Expireds is that these people are, for the most part, not in a "sell now" frame of mind. Expireds and FSBOs ARE in a "sell now" frame of mind.

At any given time there are fewer "sell now" people than "sell in 6 months" people. Think about it. If 700 homes sell in a particular city then that means that 58 will sell per month. 58 are going to put their home on the market in the month of June but at least 700 are going to list their home in July 2014 - June 2015. When we get to next month (July) only 58 people will be putting their house on the market but, again, 700 will be making a decision to list from August 2014 - July of 2015.

This being the case...the pool of "potential future business" is ALWAYS 12 times larger than "now" business. Furthermore, the "now" business has already been ACTIVELY figuring out who they're going to go with for 90 days prior to listing anyway...so instead of having a "fist touch" advantage when trying to contact FSBOs and Expired's...you end up with a "last touch" disadvantage.

The ONLY real advantage to targeting FSBOs and Expireds is because while the list is small and the competition is fierce...you KNOW that moving is on their mind.

Anyway...the point is that if your going to cold call or door knock, you have to have the SECOND (more important) piece of the puzzle in place which is a systematic and easy-to-consistently-implement follow-up process.
You can find me on Facebook here. Click the 'Like' button and get priority updates from my real estate prospecting blog where you'll discover the truth about cold calling and follow up. You can also search for Brian Kurtz on Twitter.

#436701 - 06/11/14 09:13 AM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: bkyle1991]
agentjunior Offline

Loc: Candian EH!
BrianMI - GREAT great great post in here AND the other thread that I started.

Whats the BEST follow up for these leads from the phones and doors...

For example - Theres the maybe next year lead and the I would love to be kept up to date on the market lead, for a one day move or a buyer referral...

Whats your course of action / how aggressive and timeframe of mail outs etc??

For me - I mail them a thank you letter, introducing myself and letting them know how important it is to stay abreast of the market whether they are moving or not. I include a printout of their street/area for the past 60 days and in the mail it goes.

I then do that every 2 months and mail them any just listed just sold cards etc/

Thoughts, comments?

#437020 - 06/21/14 05:38 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: agentjunior]
BrianMI Offline

@agentjunior - Bill Nasby says just print out anything/everything real estate related (just listed/sold, rentals, expireds, price changes) that is going on in their own town. It doesn't really matter WHAT the info is or how closely related to "their" home the printout data is. It's just an excuse to re-establish contact. He said to take this to them PHYSICALLY once per week. Never mail them anything.

The point is that there's massive power behind FACE-TO-FACE interactions. This is true. If you study psychology you'll learn that the human brain actually has entire physical sections dedicated to nothing but recognizing faces. Faces are important to us and if they see your face more than they see their brother's face you might seriously win the listing even if their brother is an agent simply because there's a biological guarantee that we neither know about or understand.

That being said, I wouldn't approach it this way. Here's why.

I MUCH prefer the phones over door knocking. Weather in Michigan is NOT condusive to extensive door knocking and in this lead gen approach consistency=success. So I prefer the phones. I actually only plan on door knocking ONE small town but will work 5 good cities by phone. There would be WAY too much driving to keep in touch with every lead every week by physically driving to their homes.

My plan is to make video updates with me getting in front of the camera and then transitioning to some type of screen-cap where I give them a short market overview of what is going on in their are. Then I'll email them a link to the mentioned listing data generated by my MLS. I think that this approach can be implemented consistently, has low cost, and STILL gives the power of the face-to-face experience. It's just in video.

Just my two cents. Your mileage may vary.
You can find me on Facebook here. Click the 'Like' button and get priority updates from my real estate prospecting blog where you'll discover the truth about cold calling and follow up. You can also search for Brian Kurtz on Twitter.

#437023 - 06/21/14 10:44 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: BrianMI]
gitmonee Offline
Veteran Member

I've been considering doing videos.

It certainly seems a lot better than a bunch of text in a letter. You don't have to have your face plastered on the video the whole time either, so you don't have to worry much about how you look or doing a lot of retakes.

#437281 - 06/30/14 10:53 AM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: bkyle1991]
KWCareers Offline

This is one of my favorite scripts and strategies for effective door knocking for real estate agents: Effective Door Knocking Scripts For Realtors

#437344 - 07/01/14 09:33 AM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: bkyle1991]
smg Offline
Major Contributor

I may be the Lone Ranger here, but I get annoyed with the ongoing recruiting attempts by the guy above me. Shouldn't their be a section where this guy can recruit all he wants without cluttering up threads?

#437603 - 07/15/14 02:08 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: bkyle1991]
richardmeyer Offline

Loc: Florida United States
Great topic all. Nothing wrong with knocking on doors, we do it all the tome in Florida. This is why you use multiple techniques, take in the info and analyze it. What worked, what didn't, why this worked, why this didn't, ect. Trial and error.

#437672 - 07/18/14 02:23 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: bkyle1991]
BrianMI Offline

Has anyone seen this new app for canvasing via door knocking?

I got the free version a bit ago, but now that it's been overhauled and improved I think I might just get the paid version before I hit the doors again.

Here's the link: http://spotio.com/features/

#437680 - 07/18/14 07:05 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: BrianMI]
ramanda Offline

Thanks for posting that Brian. I never knew it existed. Do you know how much it is? What's a KPI?

#437975 - 08/01/14 06:30 AM MFO 90 Day Production - DOORS [Re: bkyle1991]
agentjunior Offline

Loc: Candian EH!
I had this posted in the cold calling thread and it kept getting overlooked….better off here…

---

So I dug up an old Mike Ferry 90 Day production manual that I am going to start following - basically 3 hours week 1-4 and goes up from there. Prospect prospect prospect is the name of his game.

I am going to do this via the doors and ONLY when it rains will I cold call.

Basic cowboy math for those who know the results or numbers to expect. I am a new agent only in business since the new year and have already prospected in spurts, just not constant enough.

These are all low ball park numbers, low to be safe.

1 hour of prospecting = I average 70ish doors, make it 65 for arguments sake here. SO…

15 hrs a week prospect = 975 doors knocked
975 at a 20% answer ratio give or take = 195 contacts / week

975 doors x 12 weeks 11700
11700 = 2340 answer the door / face to face contacts
2340 by say a .5% conversion ratio or for a hot lead (is this a safe estimate?) puts me at 12 leads / files to work.

I don't know about you, but If I was working 12 hot files in 12 weeks time, I would be happy

SURELY to goodness something would HAVE to give with those numbers and all low.

MY APPROACH at the door - "Hi, this is Jimbo with xyz real estate. Im just passing out some market information on your neighbourhood (hand them listing with business card attached) and to see if you needed any help with real estate?" and proceed through Mike Ferry script or build rapport, maybe they want to go on my mailer etc.

#438986 - 09/10/14 07:03 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: bkyle1991]
gitmonee Offline
Veteran Member

I went door knocking today. I love those nasty people who won't have a word of what I have to say.

"I don't have to tell you anything."
"that doesn't concern you."

I'm not prying for details, but they act like i'm the FBI.
Can't get 2 lines out before they put up the defensive.

You really need to try different approaches to get to these people. This one owner just inherited a big house, and she's been keeping it vacant. It's worth $2 million, but it seems like she doesn't know what to do with it.
She's going to be responsible for those hefty property taxes next year.

#438993 - 09/11/14 05:45 AM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: gitmonee]
ramanda Offline

Hi gitmonee,

Which script are you using? I don't feel right walking up to a stranger's door and asking them where they moved from, why did they choose that area etc. If someone came to my door and started asking me all sorts of questions i would say no thanks and close the door. I just say Hi this is xxx from xxx realty and I am working in the area and just was curious if you planned to move in the next 6 to 12 months or so. Usually it's no and then i say well i am also taking a one question survey and i was just wondering if you were to move would it be out of state or locally. That gets the conversation rolling if there is the slightest desire to move after the reflex no. If not then i offer them a one sheet newsletter on home improvement tips and thank them for their time and i ask them if they know of anyone in the area that might be thinking of moving

#439020 - 09/11/14 03:58 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: bkyle1991]
gitmonee Offline
Veteran Member

I did targed door knocking. I was looking for a specific person. this one particular case, I introduced myself/brokerage, said I was looking for Mrs. xyz. Husband asked what this was about. I said I wanted to talk to the wife about a real estate matter. Then he started saying "we don't have to answer any of your questions. don't bother."
I didn't even ask any specific questions except "Is Mrs xyz available?"

#439030 - 09/11/14 06:10 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: gitmonee]
ramanda Offline

Oh. Yeah people can be really rude. It stinks. On to the next one.

#439033 - 09/11/14 07:59 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: bkyle1991]
gitmonee Offline
Veteran Member

Not giving up yet. This one is a potential $2 million listing.
Not giving up until they call the police.

#439043 - 09/12/14 05:10 AM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: gitmonee]
ramanda Offline

LOL! Yes sounds like one to be persistent on!

#439584 - 09/29/14 01:08 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: bkyle1991]
poindexter Offline

Loc: Texas
I went to the spotio site and found this video:

http://spotio.com/spotio-real-estate-door-knocking/

#440654 - 11/09/14 12:19 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: Cindy W]
sualk54 Offline

Loc: Hamilton, ON
Can't believe this thread was so short lived and has died

I'd like to resurrect it

I post on the cold calling one as well and feel door knocking qualifies as cold calling but would like to keep this thread to door knocking only

I live & practice in Hamilton, ON- arguably the hottest Canadian market in terms of activity and realize the weather is starting to turn nasty

I think this is the BEST time to bang on doors as nobody else seems to be doing it- except, every time I go out, I see Bell Canada reps knocking on doors as well. This is odd- Bell Canada is the largest telecommunications company in Canada [phone, internet and satellite] yet they have reps knocking on doors.

Why? Could it be because door knocking works? Bell advertises heavily in print and electronic media yet they still do the old school stuff i.e. calls [usually from India] and visits

Obviously, with the weather that is coming up it will limit my walking time, I plan to call everyday as well

Yesterday, Saturday, was cold, drizzly and miserable so I decided to make some afternoon visits to FSBO's and previously-marketed-unsold-homes

I got two great leads- one for the spring and another where the house is vacant, the owners where there to meet the contractors that will be installing the new hardwood flooring this week and then relisting. They feel their previous asking price was too ambitious and would like my input as they have lost faith in their previous agent.

Not bad for a crappy Saturday.

Go wear out some shoe leather, nobody else is!

#440741 - 11/12/14 01:48 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: bkyle1991]
smg Offline
Major Contributor

I am back on track with my door knocking. I have knocked doors in previous industries prior to being a Realtor. I had some success with it last year, bagged a listing and sold it for $300k. Then, ever the genius that I am, I just stopped. Well, I am back in the saddle and ready to rock. I am blessed to live in a location that does not get cold or snow in the winter. So, I have to hit it....and hard...now. Last year, we formed a FB accountability group. I lost track of that group...any of you still here?

#440786 - 11/13/14 09:50 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: smg]
CaliBo Offline

Loc: California
I'm getting ready to do some door knocking..been doing some cold calling but I think doors will have a better return on the hours I put in. I've been getting inspired by James Festini. Go to youtube and type his name...great door knocking ideas

Boris

#440800 - 11/14/14 12:25 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: bkyle1991]
smg Offline
Major Contributor

Thanks for this Boris! I do find that the toughest door to hit is mine, leaving my house to get started! Once I am out there, I am in a groove. Door one yesterday, she is not interested in selling. Oh, wait! She is evicting a tenant at her rental a few miles away and would I like to meet there and see it? This works. I am my worst enemy as I find things to keep me from it. As a rule, sales people do not care for prospecting much, but ongoing prospecting pays off.

#440910 - 11/18/14 09:55 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: smg]
OahuAgent Offline

Loc: Honolulu, HI
[quote=smg] I am my worst enemy as I find things to keep me from it. [/quote]

I have the same bad habit. I'm not to schedule anything for an hour on either side of door knocking hours.

I'm using the Bill Nasby script and the first question does seem awkward and I find myself having a tough time getting through all the questions. I think the first one may be the most important.

Here's the script:

Q: Hi I'm <Firstname> with <Real estate Company> when do you plan on moving?
Q: How long have you lived here?
Q: Where did you move from?
Q: If you could move where would you move too?
Q: When would that be?

It's my opinion that asking the first question or any question is better than just staring at the doors and then going home after thinking about all the mean people behind the doors.

Where did you move from seems a bit awkward as well because some people have lived here all their lives.

I've been tempted to use the following:

Hi I'm <firstname> with <real estate company> I'm looking for people moving within the next 12 months so I can help them become the best informed seller in the area. Would that be you?

What do you think about this intro:

Hi I'm <firstname> with <real estate company>. Did I catch you at a bad time?

I'm qualifying the neighborhood and would like to ask you 5 questions would that be okay?

(Then go to the Bill Nasby script. If they let you have permission twice they are probably nice people)

Do you think that the script matters as long as we see the people?

I've been thinking that the faster I can get them to say no, the faster I can move to the next door. If someone just found out they needed to move my guess is they will raise their hand.

#441511 - 12/09/14 10:29 AM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: bkyle1991]
KWCareers Offline

smg....every post that I make is a mindset of contribution post. The blog that I link to, is comprised predominantly of top KW agents freely sharing their ideas and strategies. Is it a way to showcase KW and its value proposition...of course it is. However, I think the information and knowledge that I am sharing, is a real value to the agents in this forum.

#441536 - 12/10/14 08:42 AM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: KWCareers]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Outer Banks
Originally Posted By: KWCareers
smg....every post that I make is a mindset of contribution post. The blog that I link to, is comprised predominantly of top KW agents freely sharing their ideas and strategies. Is it a way to showcase KW and its value proposition...of course it is. However, I think the information and knowledge that I am sharing, is a real value to the agents in this forum.

Smg is right! From the perspective of us agents you are here for only 2 reasons, to recruit us and to post links to your website.

posting the links to your site goes against the tos of this forum which negates anything you have to say. Who wants to listen to someone who thinks they are above the rules and can use this forum for their own gain.

#442643 - 01/23/15 05:30 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: bkyle1991]
TheAgentLife Offline

Loc: FL
Do you have an update on this? Are you still actively using this method? How successful has it been? You seem to be very well motivated.

#442795 - 01/27/15 04:24 AM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: bkyle1991]
Alchemist Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canda
I always admired agents who door knock. I tried it and it wasn't my cup of tea.

#450727 - 02/22/16 03:54 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: bkyle1991]
MrsSea Offline

Loc: Washington, DC
Quote:
Discount brokerages are pissing me off. Theres a couple with their own brokerage who charge 1% Ive seen around and got a couple of my potential listings. I heard from my parents someone else is going to start a 1% brokerage here too. Just wow, what a joke. You cant make it in this business so you plan to undercut all the competition. I read on one's site that they listed over a hundred properties, but on another page of their site it said they sold over 50. Whats that tell you?

Some homes have success selling with discount brokers, a lot do not. At least in my market. In fact, those are the EASIEST expireds to contact and list. The seller's contact information is left in the listing record. It's easy to contact them. I started back in December and have some pretty good movement. There are 4 discount brokers people here use, and they're all out of state. Easy to compare and state what I do and have them make the conclusion that I do in fact do more than the discount broker...

#450728 - 02/22/16 04:20 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: Tex]
estatereal Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: LAND OF THE FREE!
Originally Posted By: Tex
I guess I just find it hard to believe it is possible to get good quality listings or buyer clients by either door knocking or using an auto-dialer. Maybe it is because I am kind of new at this. And what I mean by kind of new is that I have been a builder for many years, and bought and sold a number of properties. I have done this a long time, just not for others.

I applaud high energy. I just think there ought to be a better way to apply it. I hope nobody takes offense to this, but I am just trying to apply constructive criticism from the public’s perspective.

And auto-dialers: I am so sick of these calls I am just without words that I can use on here. DNC isn’t working for us for some reason. I have ill family and jump to the phone every time it rings, only to get an autodialed solicitor on well over half the calls. I think they should be completely banned by the FCC. Since that isn’t happening anytime soon I would like to just call friends and family and tell them to call our cell phones from now on and drop our land line altogether.

The one problem with that is that from now on anybody that calls the landline will get a message saying, “This line has been disconnected.” That looks like I couldn’t pay my bills. Instead of doing that I am thinking of turning the ringer off and setting the answering machine to answer only and not take a message. The outgoing message will say something like, “Due to the ridiculous number of solicitor calls we no longer answer this line. If you really and truly know us you know our cell numbers and can reach us there.”

You people using autodailers: Can't you see how much of a pain in the butt you are to people just trying to enjoy peace in their home, the home you think you are going to get a chance to sell? I think autodialers are as unprofessional as it gets.

I apologize if I have ruffled feathers. However, you know the ratio of leads you get from those menacing machines, what 1 out of 1,000. You have successfully pissed off 999!!!

how many deals per year do you close?
how long have you been in the business?
what do you do to solicit business?

#450887 - 02/28/16 11:57 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: bkyle1991]
JuliaV Offline

Loc: LA
Im loving doors, much better than cold calling random people in my area atleast!

Calls are horrible to random folks because you reach old senile, spanish speakers and people too dumb to sign up with DNC. Also targeted lists arent that large, you can burn through them fast. FSBO for example is many odd properties and very few SFH's in my area. Calling a few vacant land owners today proved fruitful

#451128 - 03/08/16 07:31 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: bkyle1991]
gitmonee Offline
Veteran Member

I'm thinking about doing a door hanger ring door bell campaign.

hang the hanger, ring the bell, and walk to the next home.

#451131 - 03/08/16 08:24 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: gitmonee]
CaliBo Offline

Loc: California
You should just wait..20% of the time you'll get a live person at the door...better to hear a NO then to wonder if there was a prospect

#451780 - 04/03/16 03:58 AM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: bkyle1991]
D1XIE Offline

Loc: MS
Hey all. I'm new here but I figured I may be able to offer some insight into door to door marketing to help prove my worth around here haha. I currently manage a company in which our primary sources of sales are direct mail, referrals, and of course... D2D. Before I took over sales responsibilities a couple of years ago, we as a company did no knocking. After attending a conference of franchise owners I saw they were generating tons of business knocking on doors. Long story short, I saw we were missing out on potential sales so I traveled to a few locations of some of our peers in the industry and came up with a plan that worked for us and grew our company substantially. I'll try and cover all the basics for any of the new guys to knocking out there.

[b]What to wear- [/b] I recommend business casual. Khakis and a nice shirt should be fine. Remember you'll be walking a lot, and you're going to someones home.. not a funeral or business meeting.

[b]When to knock- [/b] Here in MS, I have my guys knocking from 10AM-2PM and 3PM-7PM, with a lunch break in between. You'll want to consider a couple of different factors when determining this. You'll want to make sure you're catching as many people as you can as they come home from lunch, and you want to make sure you're doing most of your knocking in the afternoon when people are off work.

[b]Where to knock-[/b] Try to be flexible with where you knock, especially if you're just starting out. You may think an area is perfect when it isn't, and vice versa. So switch it up often, and eventually you'll find those honey holes we all dream of!

Ok, on to the juicy stuff! Below are the core concepts I've built our D2D campaign around.

[b]Planning and Tracking Results-[/b] In the beginning you may just plan on which areas you want to knock on which days with some loose goals, but you want to try to work to make your efforts more predictable by tracking things like your knocks per day, contacts, leads generated, etc. Basically, if it seems important, it is. By tracking your results you can further adjust your plan to highlight your strengths and improve in your weak areas. You should be able to consistently predict how many knocks it will take you to generate a lead before you know it. CRM software can be helpful here.

[b]Develop Your Elevator Pitch-[/b] The elevator pitch is a simple enough concept that will help you in more than just D2D. Basically, it's a short simple statement that answers who you are, what you do, and why you are a better option than the other guys. Keep it short and simple, as if you were making the pitch to someone in an elevator.

[b]Scripts-[/b] Now that you have an elevator pitch, you should put it to good use by making a script! You may think you can just wing it and scripts are stupid, but you're wrong. Scripts are vital to success when knocking on doors because they help us re-write habits in our brains that get us in a jam where we don't know what to say. Your script should have one opening (which will be a version of your elevator pitch), a list of common objections from prospective clients with a counter to these, and a short and sweet closing that wraps everything up. It is important that you always keep the home owner engaged. Ask open ended questions that can keep the conversation going until you see your opportunity to close.

[b]ABC's of Sales-[/b] ABC = Always Be Closing. This is what separates great knockers from the average. People will not give you their business if you don't ask for it. Too many people knock on doors and are content to just give the homeowner some information, maybe get an email address, and get out of there which is fine if that's all you want.. However, if I have someone engaged in a conversation face to face you better believe I'm going to get every ounce I can out of it. Here's how it might work if I was a magazine salesman for example(salesman perspective only):
[i]Hey, sir I'm blah with blah blah specializing in blah blah. How do you currently get your information?... Ah the newspaper you say, well, you'd be surprised to know that we actually have a larger amount of readers than them and have some really great stuff, so how about I get you set up today?[/i]
By asking him if I can get him set up today, I'm basically giving him three options. He can either sign up, counter with an objection, or flat out refuse. All three are good for the salesperson. If he counters with an objection hopefully it's one that you've prepared for using your scripts and can quickly counter to ease his doubts, and try to close again. If he refuses, then at least you wasted a very minimal amount of time with him because of how fast you tried to close.

Some other odds and ends:
Get quality knocks (stand at door for 30-45 seconds).

Bring some door hangars or business cards to leave behind on the doors with no contact.

Experiment with your plans and scripts to find out what works best for you.

Roleplay in front of a mirror, with a coworker, or friend. This will help you remember your script and also give you ideas for adjustments in it.

Name drop. If you just got through talking to Mr. Johnson up the road, be sure to tell them that to add some familiarity to the conversation.

Get them away from the door, either try to get inside the house or out in the yard, and your chances of getting their business will greatly increase.

Anyways, I hope someone finds this informing. Let me know if you have any questions or feedback! Thanks.

#451795 - 04/03/16 06:20 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: D1XIE]
Thunderstruck Offline

Loc: Townsville, Australia
Great post Dixie!!!

You have several great gems in your post. I agree if we don't do a measure of door knocking we are leaving money on the table. What seems to really work is to have in place both door knocking and also phone calling. Since it can be hard find a person at home and that they will also come to the door, making it count for all that visit is worth it spot on.

However, after saying that, what if your problem is getting use to or the need to build a habit of door knocking or calling people?

Could this help?

Most people find a habit that is simple is easier to master, right?

The one thing that we in sales need is leads, and really heaps of leads.

Here is a simple little lead getting script. You might adjust it to fit you.

Hello, my name is _________ with _________. Please can you help me with a quick 2 question special survey?

1. May I ask, do you plan to move sometime within the next 2 to 3 years?

2. May I ask, will you be staying in the area?

Thank you. That is all i need today. Have a great day.

**** If they ask why your asking here is the answer.

I plan to specialize in this neighbourhood so I can be of more help to sellers & buyers. I need to have some idea of how many people plan to move in the next few years.

This sort of script does get leads, the more we use something like this the more leads we get. Plus, along the way we will find people ready to move now. But, when you do get that now business, get their cell phone number and best time to call and then follow-up. The point is if you book 1,2, or 3 hours of prospecting keep going don't stop!

WARNING: Most people won't do this.

If your not like most people, do this for 30 days and see what happens.

Edited by Thunderstruck (04/03/16 06:21 PM)

#451953 - 04/13/16 08:00 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: bkyle1991]
gitmonee Offline
Veteran Member

today an idiot agent knocked at my door.

we were eating dinner. Since our dining room is visible from the front door, he could see we were eating.

we did not answer the door, and he just kept standing their like an idiot. ringing a 2nd time, and pounding the door. then hollering "hello hello"

it was an old guy, probably late 50's, wearing an ill fitting suit.

No common sense.
Guys, don't do this. Just leave your material on the door and leave if they don't answer the door.

#451955 - 04/14/16 04:13 AM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: bkyle1991]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
Maybe he was just there to tell you about a murder 2 doors down and wanted you to call 911 . . . . or a Kirby Vacuum Cleaner Salesman hoping to give you a quick demo ?

Once you made "Eye Contact", he's there for the duration; there's no escape !

#452250 - 05/02/16 02:34 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: bkyle1991]
FastNewsletters Offline

[quote]Im just trying to figure out how many hours of this before I get a listing. Avg price $500,000-$750,00. I havent heard of other real estate doorknockers around here, never had one come to our door. Low inventory on the market currently. In 2 years prices have shot up 71%. Lots of elderly people here. I can easily make 10-15 contacts hourly. If I do this 4 hours a day, what does that calculate out to?[/quote]

The average number of doors you need to knock to get a listing seems to be about 1,200 doors. And it takes 2 to 3 hours to knock 100 doors (depending on terrain and distance between houses).

I got these figures from interviewing about two dozen successful door-knocking agents in the US, Canada, and Australia and averaging their numbers.

Keep in mind, that's an average. You might have to knock on 2,400 doors before you get a listing, then you suddenly get two listings at once. The average is still 1,200 doors to a listing. Your actual numbers may be higher or lower, but this gives you something to measure against.

That's also based on approximately 33% of people being home, which again, seems typical. Also, you may get listing appointments, but you still need a clever listing presentation to land those signatures! PM me for a copy of my book about door to door prospecting.

#452910 - 06/05/16 10:38 AM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: FastNewsletters]
sualk54 Offline

Loc: Hamilton, ON
PM sent, thanks!

#454327 - 09/06/16 09:51 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: bkyle1991]
Z06Fanatic Offline

Loc: US
I see in many new PUDS signs that say no solicitation...is going door to door and asking if they had any questions regarding real estate considered solicitation? I'd like to give this a shot in these developments that are cluttered with houses, but these signs make me weary

#454329 - 09/07/16 08:26 AM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: bkyle1991]
JohnN Offline

Loc: Minnesota
You have to look at city and state ordinances. In my area flyers and door hangers are not solicitation but knocking on a door is.
I actually had someone file a complaint against me for a flyer, the city told them to go pound sand. cool

#454419 - 09/12/16 05:54 AM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: bkyle1991]
Dat Moi Offline

Loc: Viet Nam
youre a supperman, not human :)

#455244 - 11/01/16 06:36 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: bkyle1991]
TheBPOExpert Offline

Loc: Georgia
If you have the guts to do it there is nothing better than face to face contact. It's all about the numbers.

#457264 - 04/07/17 10:10 AM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: bkyle1991]
AgentAlam Offline

Loc: Southern Ontario
Thats a lot of doors to knock smile

#460416 - Yesterday at 08:34 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: bkyle1991]
JamesFestini Offline

Loc: Yorba Linda, California
Thank you. the #BeastModeLeadGen is Real the #FestiniMafia is growing. I am Live prospecting more often than ever on Facebook and Youtube

#460430 - Today at 02:35 PM Re: I KNOCK 9999999 DOORS A DAY & I LUV IT!!! [Re: JamesFestini]
Long Walk Online   content

Loc: New Hampshire
Originally Posted By: JamesFestini
I am Live prospecting more often than ever on Facebook and Youtube

Hi James -- at the risk of sounding like a complete know-nothing, what is live prospecting on FB and YT? I get how passive prospecting looks, but live makes me think you are initiating conversations with people on those sites and those conversations lead to listings and contracts.

Incidentally, your site is really sharp.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
CarolRPhilly, Angela123, LewTube, Gianis, Elair Properties
29906 Registered Users
Who's Online
4 registered (Sun Diego Broker, Long Walk, David Hunter, 1 invisible), 60 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 45
Vermont 23
VABroker 21
estatereal 20
Trouble 15
Lucky Leonardo 14
sualk54 9
MissionJoe 8
Mr. Clean 7