Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Good Idea!
The ultimate marketing tool

Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28269940
No new orders today 13101778
Stupid MLS comments. 3276668
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1189438
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1061114
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1028135
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 822594
Let's talk about our cars 670961
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 602702
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 592383
Most common items found at an REO 575956
EML 459232
REOTRANS 440733
Main Street 419421
asset val seminar in colorado 407149
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 340436
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 306767
Evalonline 300191
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261859
Matched Content
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#433136 - 02/18/14 08:56 AM Drip E Mail Systems
droll Offline

Loc: Shreveport, LA.
For those of you that use a drip email system to stay in touch with leads, do you use a system that integrates with your website so registered leads gets the emails automatically, or do you use the system that is built in to many CRM systems? What do you see and the pros and cons of each choice?

Advertisements
#433179 - 02/19/14 03:47 AM Re: Drip E Mail Systems [Re: droll]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Outer Banks
I put leads into our mls systems which then sends them new listings matching their criteria.

Be careful using the crm systems built into websites. If it is not a national provider then they could be occasionally blacklisted as a spammer for sending out so many emails. (yours and all their other clients) To combat this, some sites make the leads do a double opt in before they will automatically add them to their crm. This is a waste of lots of good leads.

#433217 - 02/19/14 01:41 PM Re: Drip E Mail Systems [Re: Bigtoe]
droll Offline

Loc: Shreveport, LA.
Thanks for the reply. I also use the MLS system to send property matches, but I was referring to a drip email system, to just stay in touch automatically. Both my website (a national provider) and my CRM (separate system) offer a drip email system that I can implement with the built in program, or can write all custom content for it all.

The only advantage that I see to using the website drip system is that when a buyer lead signs up, the drip emails start automatically, and can stop whenever I give the command. My CRM follow up drip system is similar, except I have to manually start the drip program. Of course, I will always keep in personal contact too, just to make sure they know I'm not a machine.

#433227 - 02/20/14 03:36 AM Re: Drip E Mail Systems [Re: droll]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Outer Banks
I don't send them anything but listings and that seems to make them happy. IMHO, when I start writing things it starts to look spammy. They came to my site looking for listings, so that is what I send them.

I have it set up so that when they sign up they automatically get an immediate response. This lets them know I got their inquiry, it lets them know that if there is urgency they should let me know and it tells me if their email address is good.

If the lead meets a certain price range they go into the mls immediately and if they do not meet the criteria they go to an assistant to get put in the mls.

#433683 - 03/05/14 03:36 PM Re: Drip E Mail Systems [Re: droll]
RaquelMangual Offline

Loc: Philadelphia, PA, USA
I use a CRM that is separate from my websites to manage my drip email campaigns. My assistant enters the information, and also sets up automatic reminders for followup.

#434453 - 03/21/14 08:07 PM Re: Drip E Mail Systems [Re: droll]
PropertyVentures Offline

Loc: Vagabonding
I send out listings, podcast inteverviews (our site is investors and they like it) and market information and statistics. YMMV but generally if you know what people are looking for and don't constantly email them they will appreciate the useful information.

#435093 - 04/07/14 03:56 PM Re: Drip E Mail Systems [Re: droll]
KHouseSource Offline

Loc: Houston
I use a system that is directly integrated into my site and the emails for the opt ins are pre written and loaded in a specific order. When I get a new lead they start getting my emails over the course of time automatically.

#435105 - 04/08/14 06:48 AM Re: Drip E Mail Systems [Re: droll]
Shawn81 Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I am sending the listings through marketleader, I recently signed up for this service. A few have replied back thanking me so I guess that is what they want most.

I don't think my MLS system has an option to automatically send listings to a client matching their criteria.

Also, where do you guys get your market information and statistics from? I have a lead, and she is wants to sell her house next year and I want to stay in touch with her through mail because she doesn't have an email address.

So I was wondering if I should send her a generic "seller's guide" and updates on her market area and some statistics. Where do I get this? thank you

#435145 - 04/10/14 06:06 AM Re: Drip E Mail Systems [Re: Shawn81]
BpoBill Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: US
Originally Posted By: Shawn81
I am sending the listings through marketleader, I recently signed up for this service. A few have replied back thanking me so I guess that is what they want most.

I don't think my MLS system has an option to automatically send listings to a client matching their criteria.

Also, where do you guys get your market information and statistics from? I have a lead, and she is wants to sell her house next year and I want to stay in touch with her through mail because she doesn't have an email address.

So I was wondering if I should send her a generic "seller's guide" and updates on her market area and some statistics. Where do I get this? thank you

I think you need to take some courses that your MLS system provides. I have never heard of an MLS that doesn't allow you to send an instant notification to clients. You should also be able to pull any type of statistics you need as well. Go take some classes and learn your system.

#436078 - 05/17/14 02:08 PM Re: Drip E Mail Systems [Re: droll]
fangenator Offline

Loc: IL
I'm curious what people think about sending listings by themselves vs sending useful content vs doing a bit of both.

It seems to me like sending just the listings lacks a personal touch and is a missed opportunity to earn a bit of trust. When I was looking for a house, I really appreciated the thoughts and expertise from one realtor while another just sent a boatload of listings. Which one do you think I went with?

Sending some information that the prospect would find useful is a pretty good start to building trust. Granted, probably not as good as a face-to-face conversation, but at least you have the ability to automate sending an email. Try automating a face-to-face conversation and let me know how that works out for you.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

#436097 - 05/17/14 06:42 PM Re: Drip E Mail Systems [Re: droll]
FlyerCo Offline

Loc: Orange County, California
I wrote a post on this here http://www.flyerco.com/blog/real-estate-e-mail-marketing/ - I think that just sending listings is not personal enough unless you know that's literally all they want.

For new leads though - say you just got the e-mail from an open house, I would use the method in the post ^^up there. Mailchimp is free up to 2500 subscribers I think, so that's a lot :)

#436154 - 05/20/14 09:25 AM Re: Drip E Mail Systems [Re: droll]
MatthewC Offline

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
IXACT Contact's CRM comes with drip marketing campaigns and you can connect the system to your website so when a new lead comes through, you'll get an instant notification, the lead will be automatically entered into your CRM, and you can automatically assign the lead to a drip campaign.

#436956 - 06/19/14 06:28 PM Re: Drip E Mail Systems [Re: droll]
FlyerCo Offline

Loc: Orange County, California
One quick tip for drip systems

Set up the e-mail campaigns yourself and make them personal!!

You can setup a campaign once and it might take 1-3 hours to get it how you want it but, once it's set up it's done! Then you know what you're sending to the potential leads is valuable. Make the drip campaigns as personal as possible. If you just send pointless information, it's not going to work...

Which brings me to my next point - Segmentation.

Is your lead a buyer?seller? investor? Whatever they are, all the campaigns should be different and targeted to the type of lead it is.

#437012 - 06/21/14 03:52 AM Re: Drip E Mail Systems [Re: FlyerCo]
fangenator Offline

Loc: IL
I agree and disagree, FlyerCo. Personalization is obviously crucial, but it's hard to know what to even put in a drip campaign and find the balance between personalized and useful. Where do realtors even start?

Once the campaign is setup, you're still not done. Like any piece of your marketing plan, you need to monitor it and make sure you're getting the results you want. If it's not converting, you wasted your time and you might even be burning leads if people are turned off by your emails. You need to make sure your campaign is working and tweak it if it's not.

If anyone needs help with their drip campaigns, send me a PM. I have some experience in this area and would be happy to help.

#437038 - 06/22/14 06:33 AM Re: Drip E Mail Systems [Re: FlyerCo]
Bob Gordon Offline

Loc: Boulder Colorado
I followed the link and appreciate the additional resources.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Reguru1, Shaun225, Dr.Brim, james luis, Snapple
29795 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (barb43, TheTexasGal), 49 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 74
Vermont 39
estatereal 18
Flare616 16
Trouble 14
RonnieEmz 12
Snapple 12
Logan Five 11
Lucky Leonardo 11