Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28452070
No new orders today 13134710
Stupid MLS comments. 3340551
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1224815
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1100639
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1055279
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 843861
Let's talk about our cars 696859
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 622260
Most common items found at an REO 615036
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 612111
REOTRANS 460493
EML 459235
Main Street 441492
asset val seminar in colorado 421213
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 352348
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 327621
Evalonline 300209
Land America 285053
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#433891 - 03/11/14 03:27 AM Re: Direct Mail Letter! [Re: gitmonee]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Outer Banks
Originally Posted By: gitmonee
Originally Posted By: Bigtoe

I would rather the mailing go directly into the trash rather then get on the bad side of a pool of clients. This way I still have a shot the next time.

I don't know if I would want to work with someone who gets offended by opening an innocent-looking envelope with a legit letter inside.

And when you say "have a shot next time", do you mean sending another envelope that will go into the trash again?
I mean, how will you get a shot when they won't even give you a chance (by opening the envelope)?

I know some 'coaches' tell people to mail inconspicuous envelopes because they have a greater chance of being opened.

I don't find it as deceptive as banks sending you unmarked official envelopes that have nothing but credit card spam inside.

It is not the innocent looking envelope, it is the deception behind it, and the deception behind it is the agent doing the mailing, as you so clearly state. I do not want to be associated with any type of deception, especially when I am spending money on mass mailings.

The owners who throw the mailing without opening it are owners who are not thinking of selling, no harm done. If I keep mailing them for the next 10 years then, at some point, they might be thinking of selling and my mail will get opened by an owner who remembers throwing away my mailing for the last 10 years because my brand was on the envelope. If I trick them now into opening my mailing, then they might not consider me when the time comes to sell. People remember deceitful tactics.

Anyone thinking of mailing letters has to think on a long term plan of mailing or don't bother at all. 10 years of unmarked envelopes will leave a bad taste in an owners mouth.

The biggest part of mailing is not the individual piece of mail, it is the overall mailing campaign that shows the neighborhood owners who is the professional. Professionals don't use unmarked envelopes.

Advertisements
#433901 - 03/11/14 11:59 AM Re: Direct Mail Letter! [Re: Kabaly]
gitmonee Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: LA California
I hope you've had great success using the branded method.

Several direct mail marketing resources advise to use unbranded envelopes. At the same time, they acknowledge that using branded envelopes builds your brand over time by putting the name in front of eyeballs (but are you really advertising your broker or yourself?). Unbranded gets more immediate results.

But in this sense, a branded envelope would be less effective than a postcard, if you had to convey a message in a split second before the recipient decides to throw your piece into the trash.

That said, I get a lot of junk postcards from realtors with the only message being "if you know someone blah blah blah, give me a call". There's just no incentive for me to respond.
Bottom line, the message has to entice, branded or not.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
mumbai02, Askgauge, PPoe, Cesar, nethgerona1
30074 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 25 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 31
Vermont 16
kirastan 15
Gamin' Agent 10
estatereal 9
sualk54 7
realtor12345 6
reolady123 6
Mr. Clean 5