Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28354166
No new orders today 13123789
Stupid MLS comments. 3311280
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1208139
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1082753
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1043355
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 835901
Let's talk about our cars 681652
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 614457
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 603681
Most common items found at an REO 594001
EML 459233
REOTRANS 448947
Main Street 434940
asset val seminar in colorado 415321
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 346884
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 317154
Evalonline 300206
Land America 285053
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#432625 - 02/04/14 01:39 PM For People that door knock - what do you wear?
Stefanie Offline

Loc: South Florida
I would love some feedback on what people that are door knocking are wearing.

For men, I would assume a suit would look best.

My problem is that as a woman, unless you wear a dress and high heels, you just don't look professional. And it goes without saying that my ability to knock hundreds of homes in an outfit like that is low.

But even for men, what kind of shoes do you wear?

I'd love to just wear sneakers but I feel that to be able to talk to people you have to feel comfortable and presentable. And I know that I wouldn't take someone seriously that comes to my door in sneakers and is trying to tell me that he wants to sell my house.

Advertisements
#432661 - 02/05/14 12:07 PM Re: For People that door knock - what do you wear? [Re: Stefanie]
ramanda Offline

Loc: MA
Hi Stephanie,

I wear black or tan khakis and in the summer i wear polo shirts with my agency's logo and a name tag of course. I also wear black shoes i bought from the Walking Store which blend right into my black pants. They look nice and are made for lots of walking. In the winter i have my khaki pants and a nice jacket so people can't see my top anyway but i wear a warm sweater. There is no way in the world i could door knock in a skirt or dress with high heels. I don't see anything wrong with khakis and a polo with the logo of the firm you are with.

#432672 - 02/05/14 02:57 PM Re: For People that door knock - what do you wear? [Re: Stefanie]
Stefanie Offline

Loc: South Florida
Thank you Ramanda!

That is pretty much an ideal solution! I will look into "the walking store', never heard of it..

#432678 - 02/05/14 03:50 PM Re: For People that door knock - what do you wear? [Re: Stefanie]
ramanda Offline

Loc: MA
https://www.thewalkingcompany.com/ It's the walking company, not store. Sorry about that. They have great shoes for walking. Not cheap but well worth it. I can walk for hours in their shoes. Otherwise it would literally be impossible. Also, i do get the flat heeled shoes. I can't do high heels! They have a section marked with dress shoes and some of them are high heels. I have never purchased any of the high heels so can't comment on how they feel after walking for long periods of time. They do have store locations in many malls where you can actually try them on.

Edited by ramanda (02/05/14 04:20 PM)

#432684 - 02/05/14 06:32 PM Re: For People that door knock - what do you wear? [Re: Stefanie]
smg Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: United States
Originally Posted By: Stefanie
I would love some feedback on what people that are door knocking are wearing.

For men, I would assume a suit would look best.

My problem is that as a woman, unless you wear a dress and high heels, you just don't look professional. And it goes without saying that my ability to knock hundreds of homes in an outfit like that is low.

But even for men, what kind of shoes do you wear?

I'd love to just wear sneakers but I feel that to be able to talk to people you have to feel comfortable and presentable. And I know that I wouldn't take someone seriously that comes to my door in sneakers and is trying to tell me that he wants to sell my house.

I go out pretty casual, maybe some Dockers and a pair of Nikes. Decent shirt. I would never consider wearing a sport coat. Just be neat, clean and presentable. I am more open talking to somebody at my door that is casually dressed than I am talking to a suit.

#432843 - 02/10/14 08:42 PM Re: For People that door knock - what do you wear? [Re: Stefanie]
lacenter77 Offline

Loc: Greater Portland/SW Washington
Stefanie, I will be out there door knocking soon and was wondering the same thing. It would be great to share our experiences. I hope you will tell us more about what you are doing and what it's like. Best of luck to you!

#432859 - 02/11/14 01:06 AM Re: For People that door knock - what do you wear? [Re: Stefanie]
gitmonee Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: LA California
I wear a tuxedo.

nah, I'm with SMG. I would take you seriously as long as you look neat.

If you come to my door wearing a suit, I'm not opening it. I thinking door knocking in a suit is damn tacky and desperate.

Same goes for women. Anything presentable and not overly fancy, I would open my door for.

In my area, a buttoned shirt, no tie, sweater over the top, khakis, is perfect. not sloppy, and not formal.

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
CarolRPhilly, Angela123, LewTube, Gianis, Elair Properties
29906 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (Jay Koerner, 1 invisible), 40 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 45
Vermont 23
VABroker 21
estatereal 21
Trouble 15
Lucky Leonardo 14
sualk54 9
MissionJoe 8
Mr. Clean 7