Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Good Idea!
The ultimate marketing tool

Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28268868
No new orders today 13101714
Stupid MLS comments. 3276633
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1189406
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1061097
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1028107
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 822574
Let's talk about our cars 670936
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 602687
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 592324
Most common items found at an REO 575871
EML 459232
REOTRANS 440723
Main Street 419399
asset val seminar in colorado 407138
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 340430
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 306754
Evalonline 300191
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261859
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#387161 - 08/19/11 07:32 AM Cell Phones and providers
Pugwinkle Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I am curious as to what cell phone you use for your business and what provider you are using. Do you like the phone? If so, why? What features do you use the most and what features do you wish you had.

Also, do any of you Canadian Realtors use a tablet for your business? If so, which one and do you like it?

Edited by Pugwinkle (08/19/11 07:32 AM)

Advertisements
#387164 - 08/19/11 08:03 AM Re: Cell Phones and providers [Re: Pugwinkle]
DRSRK Offline

Loc: Phoenix
Originally Posted By: Pugwinkle
I am curious as to what cell phone you use for your business and what provider you are using. Do you like the phone? If so, why? What features do you use the most and what features do you wish you had.

Also, do any of you Canadian Realtors use a tablet for your business? If so, which one and do you like it?

I use a Motorola Droid with Verizon as my provider.I am very pleased with both especially Verizon. I had ATT when I moved to Phoenix and it would not work where I lived so they let me out of the contract after many many phone calls and letters. And after all those calls more calls when they tried to bill me for an early disconnect. The only draw back for me is typing on the phone as I have these base ball bats for fingers. I have not done it yet but I am sure a stylus would help with that. I keep my music on there and the camera is pretty ( not good enough for listing photos ) decent. It does seem to eat battery time but once I put app killers on that helped.

On the other hand Verizon's customer service is great. When I bought my granddaughter a phone on my Verizon plan I forgot to limit her internet access and received a bill from Verizon for 990.00 where she had been on the internet and when I called Verizon and told them what happened they removed the charges and even showed me some of the features to limit her activities.

As far as the tablet my wife just got a Ipad 2 and after using it I do not think it will work for me in the real estate business.I am just sticking with a 15 inch lap top. It seems Apple makes you do a lot of special things to get outside programs to work. I cannot get the Ipad to find my wireless printer without a special app that costs ten bucks.Maybe the other brand of tablets are different.
“There are no secrets to success: don’t waste time looking for them. Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty to those for whom you work, and persistence.” Colin Powell

#387172 - 08/19/11 08:41 AM Re: Cell Phones and providers [Re: Pugwinkle]
NJCanuck Offline

Loc: GTA, Ontario
Originally Posted By: Pugwinkle

I heard that Rogers has some sort of deal on phones/plans for realtors... do a search for it on red flag deals, and you'll find the info smile

as for tablets, the only thing I heard is that you need flash to access it, which means that an iPad with a default browser won't work... they're saying that they're working on it, but it's not ready yet...

#387179 - 08/19/11 09:40 AM Re: Cell Phones and providers [Re: NJCanuck]
Kjmendy Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: London, Ontario
Originally Posted By: NJCanuck
I heard that Rogers has some sort of deal on phones/plans for realtors... do a search for it on red flag deals, and you'll find the info smile

I got my plan with Rogers via my MLS boards. Contact yours and they should be able to provide you with a promo code.

#387183 - 08/19/11 10:15 AM Re: Cell Phones and providers [Re: Kjmendy]
MHT Offline

I use Fido rather than Rogers. It is the same network (Fido is owned by Rogers) but is cheaper. I liked the Bell plans but unfortunately I am in a dead zone (found that one out the hard way). I do not use a tablet yet but will as soon as digital signatures are permitted. For now I will just stick with my laptop.

#432603 - 02/03/14 07:45 PM Re: Cell Phones and providers [Re: Pugwinkle]
Agent 002 Offline

Loc: BC
I use Samsung Note II. It works well, the battery last a long time, and the screen is bigger so I can search listings on it easily. Downside is, it's big and I drop it lots. I have had to get a protective case for it.
Tablet: I have both Ipad and Nexus 7. I like both but I use the nexus way more than the Ipad. They are both good for pdf document signing and editing, as well as giving presentations. Downside, they are out dated in a few years and you will need to upgrade to use the latest apps. Can be expensive.

#432824 - 02/10/14 05:32 AM Re: Cell Phones and providers [Re: Pugwinkle]
Mike Bouma Offline

Loc: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Being a member of OREA gives you some pretty good (IMO) plans through Rogers that I couldn't get Bell Small Business to match.

https://wcpwireless.wirelessdealer.ca/wcpwireless/default_epp.aspx?AC=O2FY1BVB0I49HMN

#432826 - 02/10/14 05:58 AM Re: Cell Phones and providers [Re: Mike Bouma]
MHT Offline

Mike, you may want to look into Fido instead. Their standard plans are better (IMO) than the OREA plans and Fido=Rogers. Unlimited Canada wide calling and 2 GB for $60.

#432827 - 02/10/14 06:05 AM Re: Cell Phones and providers [Re: Pugwinkle]
Mike Bouma Offline

Loc: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
For someone who doesn't use much date that might be a bit better (though you don't get the $300 transfer credit). I went with the 5GB plan, which I couldn't find any better.... unless you went to a 'budget' carrier, which I've heard bad things about.

#432830 - 02/10/14 06:23 AM Re: Cell Phones and providers [Re: Mike Bouma]
MHT Offline

Yah, I wouldn't go with the budget ones from what I have heard so far. If you use the data then that would be good. I've seen so many people paying a lot to get large data packages and then they hardly ever go over 1GB. I'm on WIFI most places I'm at so to me the unlimited Canada calling was a nice draw for the $60 package.

On a side note, hopefully it warms up soon and we can get the spring market rolling!!

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Reguru1, Shaun225, Dr.Brim, james luis, Snapple
29795 Registered Users
Who's Online
3 registered (KandyC, sualk54, 1 invisible), 38 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 75
Vermont 39
estatereal 18
Flare616 16
Trouble 15
RonnieEmz 15
Snapple 12
Logan Five 11
Analog Man 10