Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28452070
No new orders today 13134710
Stupid MLS comments. 3340551
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1224815
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1100639
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1055279
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 843861
Let's talk about our cars 696859
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 622260
Most common items found at an REO 615036
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 612111
REOTRANS 460493
EML 459235
Main Street 441492
asset val seminar in colorado 421213
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 352348
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 327621
Evalonline 300209
Land America 285053
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#431817 - 01/14/14 04:46 AM Re: Has anybody EVER had success direct mailing Expireds? [Re: oasis1frog]
David Hunter Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
Sellers may not call you, but they call us. You need to give them a reason to respond and be different than everyone else in your area.

If you follow the herd you'll be slaughtered with the herd.

Advertisements
#431818 - 01/14/14 05:14 AM Re: Has anybody EVER had success direct mailing Expireds? [Re: Stefanie]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
We've had our greatest success with Sellers who are difficult to reach or contact. Some out-of-staters have gone so far as to tell us that we got the listing because we had both the willingness, and the wherewithal, to pretty much hunt them down.

I guess they equated that to an ability to hunt down appropriate Buyers as well. That conclusion doesn't necessarily follow, but we don't correct them.

If it were easy, and everyone could do it, then we wouldn't be able to set ourselves apart from the competition.

I find that it's akin to detective work . . . . and you have to enjoy THE HUNT. For a "good" listing, this is worthwhile; so I've become very selective. (And the same thing holds true with Buyers).

#431838 - 01/14/14 11:24 AM Re: Has anybody EVER had success direct mailing Expireds? [Re: Bigtoe]
Stefanie Offline

Loc: South Florida
Originally Posted By: Bigtoe
Originally Posted By: Stefanie
I've used different strategies.

I've mailed 12 'compelling letters' to each expired (my broker bought the hoss pratt system)

I've done jumbo post cards saying 'i will sell your house in 39 days OR FREE'

I've mailed 'Expired packages' with a bunch of info material...

You mailed the same 12 letters, 2 or 3 others agents mailed. Goodbye credibility. Make your own 24 letters/postcards. If nothing else, break down your listing presentation, along with your expired package into 20+ sections for separate mailings and keep them brief, no one reads letters anymore.

Add postcards to the mix, new and just sold. Never stop mailing them, once a week at first and then gradually moving to once a month, until they re list. Start with the expired stuff, then the listing stuff intermixed with postcards. The persistence alone will impress them.

39 days or free sounds like a scam, it usually is, and consumers understand that.

Good Luck!

Thank you! That was exactly the kind of solid, specific advice I was looking for!

#431993 - 01/19/14 03:07 AM Re: Has anybody EVER had success direct mailing Expireds? [Re: Stefanie]
RaquelMangual Offline

Loc: Philadelphia, PA, USA
I've had success with direct mail to expireds with a series of letters. One letter or postcard doesn't work. I use a campaign that is already included in my software and I've been able to list expireds.

#432095 - 01/21/14 11:32 PM Re: Has anybody EVER had success direct mailing Expireds? [Re: Stefanie]
Kevin_R Offline

Loc: Canada
Your messages clearly shows it's a SPAM, don't you see they are just usual methods. In direct mailing there is an advantage that people actually look forward to read it. If you think of writing line like this, people are definitely going to take it to the bin. Take your time, categorize the people in the database and send out postcard or mails after personalizing it. It should be different from the lot. Get some help if you need. http://www.troimail.com/services/

#432577 - 02/03/14 01:31 PM Re: Has anybody EVER had success direct mailing Expireds? [Re: Stefanie]
Wwright Offline

Loc: Delaware
The best way that I find to contact expired is to write a hand written letter and follow up with a phone call. I sometimes call the former listing agent to see why they thought the listing did not sell. Some times they are helpful and some times they are not. Do your research and you may find that the reason it expired is obvious. For more tips on real estate agent success go to www.realestatelicensinginfo.com

#432635 - 02/04/14 11:21 AM Re: Has anybody EVER had success direct mailing Expireds? [Re: David Hunter]
AZGolfer Offline

Loc: Scottsdale, Arizona
[quote=David Hunter]Sellers may not call you, but they call us. You need to give them a reason to respond and be different than everyone else in your area.

[b]If you follow the herd you'll be slaughtered with the herd.[/b] [/quote]

David,

Would you share your postcard(s) with us (me?). Either by posting here of email to me Pkease?

I first got my license in 1973 and worked the area I grew up in, huge SOI, no marketing, post cards, calling....but I just moved to a new area where I know no one! I feel like a brand new agent trying to figure out what to do to generate leads. Am sending out my first 500 cards tomorrow to out of state homeowners (the majority if homes here are 2nd, 3rd or 4th homes)....

So I'm going to farm three subdivisions with post cards every 3 months with market reports of their subdivision.....looks like I have a lot to learn about post card farming, FSBO's and expireds.

Clary

#432676 - 02/05/14 09:15 AM Re: Has anybody EVER had success direct mailing Expireds? [Re: AZGolfer]
David Hunter Offline
Major Contributor

Hi Clary,

With EDDM, we use a 8.5" x 11" postcard. We usually always farm in the same neighborhood.

Say we just sold a house...

Back of the postcard left side: We have a headline "'Your name here' Just Sold Another 'city name or neighborhood here' house!" Then we have a picture of the house, along with the address and original listing price.

We also have a self-portrait in front of a landmark people would recognize along with info to contact us.

Back of the postcard right side: We include our address (not necessary w/ EDDM), EDDM insignia, a testimonial from a client, and off balanced wording that says to check us out on Angie's List and Zillow.

Front of the postcard: We include a picture of our Home Seller's Guide along with instructions on how to get it. We also include houses we just listed or other information we find necessary (maybe it'll have something to do with a holiday coming up, event, etc.). Again, we have our contact info on the bottom.

I'm not sure how much you'll get doing this every three months. I'd say to mail the same area at least every month. Once a week is better. Also make your postcards have a "call to action."

For expireds, I send out 3D mail. You can find my post about 3D mail on this forum. I just received a new 3D product, message in a bottle, which I'm going to hand write a letter, roll it up, and put it in the bottle and mail it off. This will be the third step in my campaign.

I'm also going to be using bank bags to send to expireds.

Cheers!

#435466 - 04/21/14 08:14 PM Re: Has anybody EVER had success direct mailing Expireds? [Re: Stefanie]
gilbertgholson Offline

Loc: Ontario, Toronto, Canada
Hi Stefanie, direct mailing services have always benefited small and localized business generating new leads. Direct mail campaigns have helped me lot with my insurance business and some of the best used direct mail marketing techniques include usage of customized post cards, flyers, letterheads and envelops which generate interest among focused customers. You can try out a combo of online as well as direct mailing services for your real estate business as it can get noticeable results from large amount of customers. Check out this link http://www.troimail.com/services/commercial-print/ so as to know more about direct mail marketing strategies.

Edited by gilbertgholson (04/21/14 08:16 PM)

#437147 - 06/25/14 08:18 PM Re: Has anybody EVER had success direct mailing Expireds? [Re: Stefanie]
JamesJam Offline

Loc: california
No,but i will try. plz explain...

#437179 - 06/26/14 03:55 PM Re: Has anybody EVER had success direct mailing Expireds? [Re: JamesJam]
David Hunter Offline
Major Contributor

Originally Posted By: JamesJam
No,but i will try. plz explain...

Send some 3D Mail (mini trash cans, bank bags, message in a bottle, etc.). You want your sales letter to get open and read!!!

#442810 - 01/26/15 11:05 PM Re: Has anybody EVER had success direct mailing Expireds? [Re: Stefanie]
Alchemist Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canda
In my market it didn't work

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
mumbai02, Askgauge, PPoe, Cesar, nethgerona1
30074 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 25 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 31
Vermont 16
kirastan 15
Gamin' Agent 10
estatereal 9
sualk54 7
realtor12345 6
reolady123 6
Mr. Clean 5