Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28271216
No new orders today 13101849
Stupid MLS comments. 3276726
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1189483
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1061194
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1028185
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 822655
Let's talk about our cars 671007
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 602720
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 592429
Most common items found at an REO 576025
EML 459232
REOTRANS 440745
Main Street 419457
asset val seminar in colorado 407160
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 340447
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 306784
Evalonline 300191
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261859
Matched Content
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#431421 - 01/02/14 08:41 PM How to find a good real estate agent?
Mary Warner Offline

Loc: IA, USA
Please can anyone guide me in how to find a good real estate agent. I mean what questions one should ask or any other details which one should know in finding a good real estate agent.

Advertisements
#431430 - 01/03/14 11:59 AM Re: How to find a good real estate agent? [Re: Mary Warner]
TheVenturiTeam Offline

Loc: New Mexico
1) How many transactions do they close a month/year?
2) How much is the commission? (If you are a seller. Buyers aren't charged commission.)
3) How popular is their website and where do they usually get their leads?
4) How long have they been a realtor/agent?

It's also very important to check if they can respond to your questions/requests within a reasonable amount of time.

Another tip, look at different Realtors in your area and compare them. If they ask, tell them you are still researching.

Never hesitate to ask them but never commit until you are very sure about your Realtor or buying/selling a home.

#431465 - 01/05/14 03:01 AM Re: How to find a good real estate agent? [Re: Mary Warner]
DisgruntledBuyer Offline

Loc: Mass
Wow did I have a hard time with this. First, I chose one by going to an open house and finding an agent I felt comfortable with. She was nice and like my mom. And eventually, I determined, a complete incompetent. Then I went the other way. I find a RE agent who was also an attorney and he wasn't a complete incompetent. But he sure wasn't invested and wasn't really plugged into the market. And afterward informed me he couldn't work as a real estate attorney as well as an agent.

Personally I think you need to find the proper agent for your needs. If you are selling, you need to find an agent that knows your market. Best way to do this is to find agents that have sold in you area. You can look up sold real estate on listing services like "redfin". Usually there are agents that specialize in a certain area. If you have a nice home you probably should look for agents that take good photos and seem to stage their properties very nicely.

If you are buying . . . same sort of thing is important but not as important. I think it is important to find an agent who could provide referrals on getting a mortgage.

I have looked up agents on Angie's List and other services but I do find them inaccurate. People are colored in their reviews by the outcome. They often don't seem to have a clue what happened only the results. But it can give you a sense of who to stay away from if the review is based not on results.

#433884 - 03/10/14 08:40 PM Re: How to find a good real estate agent? [Re: Mary Warner]
reyjohnson Offline

Loc: USA
Agents should have a high degree of professionalism and dedication to their work.They should have a good reputation and still be committed to impressing you and working hard.

#437145 - 06/25/14 07:13 PM Re: How to find a good real estate agent? [Re: Mary Warner]
GeorgeF Offline

Loc: 1477 Red Bud Lane Wallingford,...
The complexity of commercial real estate requires the support of specialized lawyers who can represent your interests as well as real estate law at the same time. Commercial investments can be protected only by employing commercial real estate lawyers. I suggest it is best to consult the services of an experienced professional.

Edited by DueDiligence (06/26/14 04:47 AM)

#439099 - 09/15/14 09:13 PM Re: How to find a good real estate agent? [Re: Mary Warner]
mikeslough5 Offline

Loc: Canada
Commission of agent, its dealings, Past records may help you to find any good agent.

#439136 - 09/17/14 11:11 AM Re: How to find a good real estate agent? [Re: Mary Warner]
dan_the_man Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
This service helps you find a real estate agent in any area, and they will vet them also. Worth a try, it's free.

http://agentace.com

#439138 - 09/17/14 11:21 AM Re: How to find a good real estate agent? [Re: Mary Warner]
David Hunter Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
Older thread, but here's my two cents...

When you start interviewing agents if they are talking about their company and all the great benefits... RUN!!!

The agent who comes in asking for you to show them around your house, asking you questions about your needs, etc. that's who you want.

You don't need an agent who only sells in your area. Great agents can sell houses anywhere in the world.

#439987 - 10/13/14 08:41 PM Re: How to find a good real estate agent? [Re: Mary Warner]
barry mccracken Offline

Loc: US
Most real estate agents stay in business because satisfied clients refer them to friends, family, neighbors and coworkers. Ask the people around you who they have used and ask them to describe their experiences with this real estate agent.

#447647 - 09/07/15 12:18 AM Re: How to find a good real estate agent? [Re: Mary Warner]
devillecastlehil Offline

Loc: Australia
A good real estate agent who Cares more about your priorities and goals than their commission.

#447657 - 09/07/15 02:23 PM Re: How to find a good real estate agent? [Re: devillecastlehil]
devillecastlehil Offline

Loc: Australia
Good real estate agents can be difficult to find if you donít know the qualities to look for. But for me, a good real estate agent who Cares more about your priorities and goals than their commission.

#447959 - 09/22/15 07:25 PM Re: How to find a good real estate agent? [Re: Mary Warner]
jasonconferido Offline

Loc: philippines
Finding a good real estate agent is crucial in real estate investing. In my opinion a good real estate agent should have the 3 c's. Credibility, compassion, collaboration.
To avoid being scam you should check for the credibility of a real estate agent. Do background checks and ask for referrals. Make sure that he is who he say he is and he is as good as he say he is.Next is the agent should have compassion, he should think more about your benefit than his own commission. Lastly he must have collaboration. The agent should always work with you and your team. He should ask opinions first before making decisions. I hope this helps.

#448738 - 11/08/15 05:27 AM Re: How to find a good real estate agent? [Re: Mary Warner]
John_Myers Offline

Loc: NM, USA
You need to find someone you can work with from a personality perspective. You want to know how many transactions they complete per year. This is important so you can determine if they are truly an real estate agent or a wanna be. High volume means they are in the market and probably understand the market.

What are their fees and how do they compare to other realtors

Ask them for a plan on how they will help you achieve YOUR real estate goals. Evaluate their plan to determine if it works for you.

Picking the right real estate agent is the most important step to your success.

#451721 - 03/31/16 10:54 PM Re: How to find a good real estate agent? [Re: Mary Warner]
9778182288 Offline

Loc: Andheri West, Mumbai, Maharash...
Search for real estate agent from your locality in internet and also do complete r&d before purchasing any property.

#453017 - 06/10/16 07:31 PM Re: How to find a good real estate agent? [Re: Mary Warner]
Durise123 Offline

Loc: Emirates, Dubai
You can find an agent by following these points.

1. Research how long the agent has been in business.
2. Select an agent with the right credentials.
3. Look at their current listings.
4. Look up the licensing

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Non GMO CRE, Reguru1, Shaun225, Dr.Brim, james luis
29796 Registered Users
Who's Online
4 registered (STEW, estatereal, miracle, 1 invisible), 75 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 74
Vermont 40
Flare616 16
estatereal 15
Trouble 14
RonnieEmz 13
Snapple 12
Logan Five 11
Analog Man 10