Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Good Idea!
Realtors residuals

Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28230425
No new orders today 13098641
Stupid MLS comments. 3274433
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1187381
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1059483
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1026278
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 821281
Let's talk about our cars 669380
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 601772
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 590690
Most common items found at an REO 573083
EML 459230
REOTRANS 439638
Main Street 418378
asset val seminar in colorado 406578
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 339904
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 306122
Evalonline 300090
Land America 285050
Mainstreet 261859
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#430114 - 11/08/13 12:58 PM Made full price cash offer on approved short sale
sean dougherty Offline

Loc: vancouver wa
A week ago I made a full price cash offer on a pre-approved short sale. Listing agent is confident it will be accepted by the bank. She originally informed me it was we were only dealing with one bank, now i understand that somehow or other fannie mea is also involved as the investor. She says that although the price was allready pre-approved by the bank it did not have a chance to be approved by the investor because the buyer supposedly walked before that. If the bank has approved the price how likely is it that the investor will not approve it and how are they even involved?
Also how long should this process take? Listing agent was confident we could close the deal in less than a month. PLease help me out.

Advertisements
#430115 - 11/08/13 02:56 PM Re: Made full price cash offer on approved short sale [Re: sean dougherty]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
Don't reserve a moving truck !

#430116 - 11/08/13 04:03 PM Re: Made full price cash offer on approved short sale [Re: Vermont]
Doin' bpose Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Old Dominion
Vermont said it best. Get ready for everything you never expected. And just keep one thought in mind about the process you are entering into, 'chilled molasses.'

Every situation is unique---but how does 6 months sound? Some longer, some shorter.

Edited by Doin' bpose (11/08/13 04:05 PM)

#430868 - 12/08/13 06:05 PM Re: Made full price cash offer on approved short sale [Re: sean dougherty]
Spartacus Offline

Loc: Portland, Oregon
Originally Posted By: sean dougherty
Listing agent was confident we could close the deal in less than a month. PLease help me out.

OMG. I can't believe he would say that.

“Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” George Bernard Shaw

www.homesellingteam.org/

www.homesforsaleoregon.com/

#431104 - 12/18/13 07:06 AM Re: Made full price cash offer on approved short sale [Re: sean dougherty]
HomeTeamGA Offline

Loc: Georgia
An approved short sale means that the lender has approved the seller to allow them to short sell the home. The investor is the one who has to accept the price being offered. It doesn't matter if the prior sale was issued a clear to close or not, once the buyer walked most of the process starts over again. This means that the lender will have to order a new BPO which will establish a "current" value and then the investor will decide if they are going to accept the new offer.

One thing to keep in mind about short sales in an appreciating market - Many lenders who used to be easy to work with regarding short sales are now making the process more difficult. Some are halting the short sale process and trying to convert the home owner to do a loan modification. Some are even allowing them to stay in the home for extended periods without paying. Why would they do this? The idea is that if they foreclose the home will be vacant and the investor will have to absorb the expense of protecting and maintaining the home. If the homeowner stays they will at least keep the utilities on and hopeful maintain the home. That way the home will continue to appreciate and then the lender can wait until the market stabilizes, foreclose, and then sell the home at a higher value.

#433717 - 03/06/14 06:57 AM Re: Made full price cash offer on approved short sale [Re: sean dougherty]
BK Estates Offline

Loc: SoCal
A short sale is not approved until the (your) offer is submitted to the bank, and approved by the investor. Since you just made the offer, this sale has not yet been approved. There is no way you will close in a month. If you need something quickly, stop looking at short sales.

#433722 - 03/06/14 07:38 AM Re: Made full price cash offer on approved short sale [Re: BK Estates]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
Please recognize that Sean made his Post nearly four (4) months ago.

#433761 - 03/07/14 01:20 AM Re: Made full price cash offer on approved short sale [Re: Vermont]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Outer Banks
Originally Posted By: Vermont
Please recognize that Sean made his Post nearly four (4) months ago.

and it probably still hasn't closed!

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
BoomBoom68, webuyhousesfastf, Ann- HomePromise, Hailey, punyabhoomi
29754 Registered Users
Who's Online
6 registered (RonnieEmz, JiminVA, sualk54, grexley, estatereal, 1 invisible), 71 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
estatereal 28
Mr. Clean 25
Midlands BPO Guy 18
Trouble 18
Vermont 17
Lucky Leonardo 16
Z06Fanatic 15
Danny1 13
RonnieEmz 12