Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtors Directory

Facebook
Sponsored Links
Top Posters (30 Days)
Lucky Leonardo 28
RonnieEmz 24
Mr. Clean 21
Trouble 17
Z06Fanatic 16
Vermont 15
Mileage Pro 13
Daniel1234 12
David Hunter 9
James007 8
FloridaExclusive 6
Marksmith 6
TheBPOExpert 5
SellingVA 5
VABroker 5
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#429829 - 10/31/13 03:27 PM looking to purchase a short sale
jkusnierz Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
Hello to all,

Newbie here and looking for some outside advice. The question i have is were are looking at buy a short sale house. the house is way over priced, it was built in 2006 and the house is somewhat complete. It does have a lot of code violations. septic electrical etc. plus no gutters missing trim unfinished stairs (not stained etc.) due to no gutters basement as little water damage, the step down to the french doors which have no locking door knob to basement has collapsing walls, need some siding work, no more air compressor for central air, door trim molding are hit or miss meaning some doors have trim and some don't. most of the doors don't have door knob, the stone around the fire place is not really/properly attached, missing recessed lighting throughout the house, cracked drywall (just at the joint) only in 2 places and it needs to be finished being painted in almost every room plus all trim just has primer and no paint. i will include the link to the house so you can view it

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/376-Rondeau-St_Palmer_MA_01069_M34739-52175?row=10

talked with my realtor and a few of his co-workers and they are saying to shoot around the 230k mark. any and all advice will help. and feel free to ask for any info back needed to help you out!

thanks

josh

Advertisements
#429831 - 10/31/13 04:11 PM Re: looking to purchase a short sale [Re: jkusnierz]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
Your description makes it sounds so rough that it causes me to doubt that you'll be able to easily obtain a new mortgage for it . . . . so I hope you plan on paying CASH.

If construction on it was begun in 2006, was it ever put in sufficiently complete enough condition to have been habitable at some point ?

#429883 - 11/01/13 06:50 PM Re: looking to purchase a short sale [Re: jkusnierz]
jkusnierz Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
yes it has been lived in since 2007 everything in the house is around 80% complete. like i stated about i just never seen anything like it. walls half painted and then stopped like they ran out of paint you can see the last roll mark in middle of the wall and the rest is primer. outlet covers not on etc. i know a lot about code violations and i have no idea how anyone would be given an OP.

#429896 - 11/02/13 07:21 AM Re: looking to purchase a short sale [Re: jkusnierz]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Outer Banks
before you put in an offer you need to make sure you can get a loan. Most lenders won't make a loan on an unfinished house.

#430148 - 11/10/13 09:00 PM Re: looking to purchase a short sale [Re: Bigtoe]
BpoBill Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: US
Originally Posted By: Bigtoe
before you put in an offer you need to make sure you can get a loan. Most lenders won't make a loan on an unfinished house.

Exactly. If you are not paying cash you need to run this by your lender first. Do you have cash for the repairs? A credit Union might be a better choice since they can get more creative on financing. I can't see a normal bank giving a loan on a home that requires so much work.

Lets say you get it for $230,000. How much do you have to put into it realistically? How much will it be worth after? Has your agent provided you comparables showing an as-is price and repaired price? You need to find out if it's worth your time.

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
synergyteamaz, Ding Nguyen, MetroUAV, SamFromSurge, Dennis L.
29537 Registered Users
Who's Online
7 registered (Mr. Clean, C21Mr.May, Danny1, esalechick, fdegree, 1 invisible), 91 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28119916
No new orders today 13087933
Stupid MLS comments. 3266663
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1180994
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1052339
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1021896
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 816831
Let's talk about our cars 663991
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 599101