If Congress doesn't get it together soon, the government shutdown could begin affecting the mortgage market for one simple (but MAJOR) reason: the IRS is closed. And if the IRS is closed, lenders can't verify tax information. If lenders can't verify tax information, loan applications can't get approved.

"Without access to tax transcripts and relevant information that must be verified by these agencies, it may not be possible to complete the loan verification process," said Don Frommeyer, president of the National Association of Mortgage Brokers, in a release. "Thus, the lenders working through the shutdown may come to a standstill while processing loans."

Even worse, the longer the government remains closed, the longer the back-up of paperwork with be, thus inevitably delaying closings - costing buyers and sellers both time AND money.

Don't worry though, there is some good (dare I say, VERY good) news: If we at PrimeLending cannot get IRS verification, we can still proceed through our exception process to ensure you get to closing on time.

Questions? Email tony.garcia@primelending.com or call me directly at 571.246.4373. I'm committed to client satisfaction and it drives me to work diligently on every loan, but my dedication is only part of the story. With over 13 years of mortgage banking experience and a thorough knowledge of the industry, I can customize the perfect loan by offering a wide range of loans and a variety of terms. And you can rest assured that I'll always be available to answer questions throughout the mortgage process, from beginning to end, so let's start today.

Get Pre-Qualified for a Home Loan at www.TonyGarciaHomeLoans.com