Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28271068
No new orders today 13101840
Stupid MLS comments. 3276709
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1189479
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1061188
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1028176
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 822648
Let's talk about our cars 671002
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 602716
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 592421
Most common items found at an REO 576021
EML 459232
REOTRANS 440741
Main Street 419454
asset val seminar in colorado 407157
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 340445
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 306781
Evalonline 300191
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261859
Matched Content
Page 17 of 33 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 32 33 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#433364 - 02/24/14 07:18 AM Re: Main Street [Re: Joel33]
BIGBPO Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Joel33
You're probably right - let's go with at least half of the agents we have to interact with regularly.

That too is excessive! Is this their first year at BPO's?

Advertisements
#433367 - 02/24/14 07:23 AM Re: Main Street [Re: smg]
cynical_joe Offline

Loc: CA
You get what you pay for

#433369 - 02/24/14 07:35 AM Re: Main Street [Re: smg]
Joel33 Offline

Loc: UT
cynical joe is aptly named.

Not necessarily. Look, I think it's crazy difficult to build a career out of running around doing BPOs for $30-$50 a pop. I couldn't do it, so hats off to you. What I believe is that some agents often see a way to manipulate the system in order to make this work. It ranges from modest ethical violations (i.e. a runner takes the photos even though the agent certifies that they personally inspect the property on every BPO form I've ever seen). To more serious breaches, like using Google street view and photo shop to provide the pictures, which I've discussed on this forum before.

I get it, and to an extent tolerate it on an order here and there, but what happens is that when an agent realizes they got away with cheating on one order, they begin to experiment and see how far they can get with applying that cheat to multiple orders. Suddenly, without even realizing it, they are systematically cheating us. Eventually, we catch them. Then they call and are generally disbelieving, then apologetic, then abusive - in that order.

At least that's what happened this morning.

#433390 - 02/24/14 03:41 PM Re: Main Street [Re: smg]
Artiste Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Arizona Bay
I'm really glad that you caught the cheater ---- thank you!!

NAFTA is over!!
(if you want it)

#433393 - 02/24/14 07:22 PM Re: Main Street [Re: Joel33]
bpojoe Offline

Loc: florida
cheating is just a way of life...
greed is greed and no matter what you pay--someone gets lazy and wants to take more and give less. it is in every work place and in every operation.
there is a reason why 20% of agents do 80% of the work.
There are a lot of good brokers there and it is unfortunate that they get bundled in with the many hacks. But to say that 1/2 of the agents are scabs?? I think is generous..hehe
I would think that you would be lucky to have 50% of your agents who really know the level they should about the market. But they are getting paid $40 too..so!
I think you are on a good path -just try not to be too cynical.
also to deny clear capital the praise they deserve is not fair. They treat their agents very very well--ie with respect.
BPOfmnt has the capacity to be the best mills out there--
I think when your site works better, your people are able to relax more and not hate agents so much and when agents get treated better--you will see much better results..
just be fair--that is all..
offer fair turn around times, fair response times, and do not be so quick to treat ALL agents are liars and crooks..(even though it is very very hard..trust me--I know)
I think you are on a good path..

#433397 - 02/25/14 04:43 AM Re: Main Street [Re: smg]
csabaski Offline

Loc: Tenneessee
Seems like more pro then con for Main Street BPO Fulfillment so I thought I would sign up. After several attempts to sign up for BPOFulfillment but each time I get to the page after affirming my W-9 and hit continue, the page closes and that's that. No additional info pops up stating you're done, we'll send an email... nothing. (I have the most recent Adobe Flash.) Any help?

#433398 - 02/25/14 04:56 AM Re: Main Street [Re: smg]
Joel33 Offline

csabaski - PM me with details and I'll try to figure out what the issue is.

Thanks,

Joel

#433459 - 02/27/14 03:44 AM Re: Main Street [Re: smg]
smalltowngirl Offline

Loc: NC
I just finished an order for them-it took me three hours as I was constantly being locked out and if you don't save every piece of data, it erases if you forget and use the backspace key instead of the delete key. There IT dept. certainly sucks-they never correct what is not working properly. I want to charge them big prices to do their bpo's because it takes forever to finish them.

#433465 - 02/27/14 07:23 AM Re: Main Street [Re: smg]
agent916 Offline

Loc: City of Trees
Their forms are certainly among the worst out there...

#433478 - 02/27/14 12:10 PM Re: Main Street [Re: smg]
Joel33 Offline

So now that we finally have this broadcast process working (for the most part) we are beginning on a project that will make our QC process less onerous. Because the QC is going to be driven by form input, as a part of this process the code behind the form is also going to be rewritten.

I can't say that the format of the form will change much, but the problems with the form not saving and whatnot will disappear.

Thanks,

Joel

#433480 - 02/27/14 12:26 PM Re: Main Street [Re: Joel33]
BIGBPO Offline

So now that we finally have this broadcast process working (for the most part) we are beginning on a project that will make our QC process less onerous. Because the QC is going to be driven by form input, as a part of this process the code behind the form is also going to be rewritten.

I can't say that the format of the form will change much, but the problems with the form not saving and whatnot will disappear.

Thanks,

Joel

As of last night the broadcast doesn't work. I still receive orders WAYYYY outside my specified coverage area in my profile. I called last week and a rep said, "oh yeah, that feature is not working yet." I implemented a fix though...created an email filter to sent all BPOfulfillment emails to the trash. I am no coder, but 1 line of instruction in my email program fixed the problem.

#433485 - 02/27/14 01:59 PM Re: Main Street [Re: Joel33]
smg Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: United States

Thanks,

Joel

The website has been a mess for years. It impacts your agents and the quality of the product your client receives. When an agent loses all of the data he has input, do you think when he/she reenters the data that they are going to put all of the detailed notes, etc. that they had originally entered? No. They are going to do what ever it takes just to get it submitted. I have had many orders lock me out and lose all of the data. As a result, I had to do the order all over only to have my scored dinged as I was late. Sorry Joel, I have been hearing for a long, long time that the website issues would be addressed. Nothing has ever taken place. Your website and the low priority it has been given results in much more work for the agents and an inferior product for your client. Everybody has been working on an Excel or Word document and had it crash before when the data was not saved. This is your website.
My real big beef with you guys, it is legit.

#433488 - 02/27/14 02:51 PM Re: Main Street [Re: smg]
FLRealty84 Offline

Loc: Florida
Originally Posted By: smg

Thanks,

Joel

The website has been a mess for years. It impacts your agents and the quality of the product your client receives. When an agent loses all of the data he has input, do you think when he/she reenters the data that they are going to put all of the detailed notes, etc. that they had originally entered? No. They are going to do what ever it takes just to get it submitted. I have had many orders lock me out and lose all of the data. As a result, I had to do the order all over only to have my scored dinged as I was late. Sorry Joel, I have been hearing for a long, long time that the website issues would be addressed. Nothing has ever taken place. Your website and the low priority it has been given results in much more work for the agents and an inferior product for your client. Everybody has been working on an Excel or Word document and had it crash before when the data was not saved. This is your website.
My real big beef with you guys, it is legit.

We could pick apart the form for hours. The fact that you have to manually enter dates instead of copy paste. Tab button moving to the sides as opposed to vertically.

It's obviously designed by a person who has never done a valuation. There is a list of things that could be done. Photo uploader is a joke too. If you need a doc to explain how to upload a photo, your site sucks.

Also, I constantly am solicited for orders when I'm at my capacity of 1.... due to previously a previously mentioned situation. Why solicit emails when your agent is unable to accept? Just spam at that point.

#433516 - 02/28/14 04:57 AM Re: Main Street [Re: smg]
Joel33 Offline

I think the idea behind the Tab button was that by tabbing they wanted to keep it in the same asset. If you want to move horizontally, you can hit enter and it moves horizontally. I have to admit, it's rather counterintuitive.

The Photo uploader is a mess - it will also be addressed as we alter the form.

As I said, the form may well look the same (i.e. require the same amount of information), but the way it functions should be dramatically altered.

We are putting in place a fix to stop emails when you are at your capacity. The original idea of continuing to email even if you were at capacity was hotly debated. It was ultimately determined that by continuing to broadcast we would incent the agent to get what they had done more quickly so they could accept more. I thought that was a dubious assumption and it has proven to be so in practice. Don't worry, it will be changed shortly.

smg - yes, you likely have been hearing for sometime that the website issues will be addressed. The bottom line is that for the first time I can remember, the specs have been drawn up and a development plan is being put together. It hasn't been a priority matter, rather, it has been held back due to programming groundwork that needed to be laid in order to build a more flexible, scalable, and functional database.

The most recent release laid alot of that groundwork - now we are moving on to the next phase, which ideally will make your lives easier.

BigBPO - if you continue to get orders outside of your area, you need to adjust your service address so that it covers areas where you do wish to do orders.

Thanks,

Joel

Edited by Joel33 (02/28/14 04:58 AM)

#433517 - 02/28/14 05:07 AM Re: Main Street [Re: Joel33]
BIGBPO Offline

BigBPO - if you continue to get orders outside of your area, you need to adjust your service address so that it covers areas where you do wish to do orders.

This feature of your site is not working yet, per your reps last week over the phone. Please check with ALL your staff and report back here when it is confirmed working.

Page 17 of 33 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 32 33 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Reguru1, Shaun225, Dr.Brim, james luis, Snapple
29795 Registered Users
Who's Online
3 registered (Long Walk, sualk54, 1 invisible), 82 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 75
Vermont 41
Flare616 16
estatereal 15
Trouble 14
RonnieEmz 13
Snapple 12
Logan Five 11
Analog Man 10