Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Good Idea!
Realtors residuals

Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28231790
No new orders today 13098803
Stupid MLS comments. 3274550
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1187480
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1059594
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1026392
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 821356
Let's talk about our cars 669463
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 601836
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 590768
Most common items found at an REO 573192
EML 459230
REOTRANS 439685
Main Street 418410
asset val seminar in colorado 406593
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 339926
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 306139
Evalonline 300100
Land America 285050
Mainstreet 261859
Matched Content
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#423393 - 05/06/13 01:49 PM The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet
Investorguy601 Offline

Loc: Jackson ms
One of the best ways to get leads from the internet is to educated the buyers on what to look for in hiring a great agent. Teaching them helps build the know, like, and trust factor.

Then what you want to do is create a leads system. Create a free report that you can giveaway in exchange for their name and email. After that you will be able to follow up via, email. So when they ready to buy you will be their to help.

To get some quick traffic what you can do is go to facebook and place an ad. Or you can use google, bing, and msn.

Once you get your buyer on a list then you want to email them at lease once a week to give them some tips, this way you are building a relationship with them. If you have any questions on setting up your system let me know.

Edited by Investorguy601 (05/06/13 01:53 PM)

Advertisements
#423439 - 05/07/13 07:45 AM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: Investorguy601]
Scintillion Offline

Loc: Colorado, USA
Thanks for the help - the internet continues to be very important in many businesses including real estate. smile Don't want to neglect traditional marketing efforts either, though.

#423444 - 05/07/13 08:27 AM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: Scintillion]
Mark Brian Offline

Loc: South Carolina
I found having listings worked really well for generating buyer leads..

#423482 - 05/08/13 02:40 AM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: Mark Brian]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Outer Banks
Originally Posted By: Mark Brian

There is no doubt this is what they are looking for.

#423635 - 05/10/13 08:55 AM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: Bigtoe]
Malok Offline

Loc: Kentucky - in a barn!
Originally Posted By: Bigtoe
Originally Posted By: Mark Brian

There is no doubt this is what they are looking for.

smile Yup, listings are always great. The old saying of listers last definitely applies. smile

#423848 - 05/15/13 08:38 AM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: Investorguy601]
Scintillion Offline

Loc: Colorado, USA
Getting listings can be difficult but is definitely desirable in any random market.

#424314 - 05/27/13 03:21 AM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: Investorguy601]
Musa Opondo Offline

Loc: USA
Having a blog that markets your area of operation is a good way to generate leads.You can have a blog that may interest those in your area or those who intend to move there, such as schools, restaurants, social activities etc

#424316 - 05/27/13 03:43 AM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: Investorguy601]
Kjmendy Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: London, Ontario
And remember to follow up with those leads once you generate them!

#425494 - 06/29/13 09:16 AM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: Investorguy601]
Fleetfoot Offline

Loc: Temporarily in Wichita, KS
Video & SEO = Internet success!

You just have to know how to make a good video that calls viewers to action, and know how to organically get it in front of the right people.

#425703 - 07/05/13 07:21 AM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: Fleetfoot]
SEO Steve Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC
We use the local press. What areas of the city are the 'big' local stories happening in, and what properties do we have in that area.Real Estate Sales are driven by interest in the local community, so whatever we can link to 'news' always get better, short term interest.

Edited by SEO Steve (07/05/13 07:23 AM)
Edit Reason: Damn! Spelling

#425797 - 07/09/13 07:05 AM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: Investorguy601]
KWCareers Offline

Loc: Worldwide
This is a interesting blog post on what internet buyers do AFTER they search for homes online. What Internet Home Buyers Do After A Online Home Search

Edited by KWCareers (07/09/13 07:05 AM)

#425804 - 07/09/13 09:18 AM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: Investorguy601]
Fleetfoot Offline

A good, informative video that answers questions and ends with a prevalent call-to-action would be my choice to generate leads.

#426668 - 08/02/13 11:07 AM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: Investorguy601]
Nashville Homes Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
"Listings Last"..these are a key component to generating leads..as for the Internet. Well lets just say, its the wave of the future..I could write a book describing our challenges of the "Great Breakthru"..in terms of using the internet as our main muscle. some key points to think about:
1.) Have a great call to action
2.) Be your area "EXpert"
3.) Engage in your market..really engage tho, forget the low level social networking of passing out business cards and shaking hands with typically your competition at the "Free Drink"events hosted by some mortgage co. Now think this one thru, all the realtors there are doing the same thing you are..and if your there they all know where you are...keep the competition wondering.
4.) Slow to hire..Quick to Fire...meaning hire the best, fire the rest...if there is one thing I have learned about this industry is that if you pay people for what they are best at, you will have quality and solid results in an allotted amount of time. Be smart with your money and time..theres only so much of it.

PH

#426841 - 08/07/13 11:23 AM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: Investorguy601]
Fleetfoot Offline

Here's how I generate New Home buyer leads!

You can see three examples at the above link. We are producing high-end video tours, then promoting them online using social media marketing and search engine optimization.

Notice that each video's page has lead-capture forms and calls-to-action.

I think this is the best tactic I have come by, but my opinion is very biased. What do you think?

Edited by Fleetfoot (08/07/13 11:25 AM)
Edit Reason: gramatical error

#426866 - 08/08/13 01:50 AM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: Fleetfoot]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Originally Posted By: Fleetfoot
I think this is the best tactic I have come by, but my opinion is very biased. What do you think?

Your site is geared towards renters. The question is about getting buyers.

You pretty much don't show up in the serps for real estate terms, so how do you get buyers?

One word of advice, in your call to action forms, get rid of the word "comments" and "textarea" in your form code. When you do start showing up high in the serps, the spam bot bloggers will find your forms and inundate you with bogus comments.

Edited by Bigtoe (08/08/13 02:09 AM)

#426880 - 08/08/13 06:16 AM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: Fleetfoot]
DueDiligence Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Wild Wild West
Originally Posted By: Fleetfoot
Here's how I generate New Home buyer leads!

You can see three examples at the above link. We are producing high-end video tours, then promoting them online using social media marketing and search engine optimization.

Notice that each video's page has lead-capture forms and calls-to-action.

On the advertisement for new homes, who is the real estate broker? Who would a consumer talk to about making an offer or buying a lot?

#426893 - 08/08/13 10:43 AM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: Investorguy601]
Joe Hayden Offline

Loc: Louisville, Kentucky
Respectfully, unless you can get eyes on your educational tools, they won't be effective. That's a critical part of getting buyer leads from the internet - exposure. Without it, the best educational and lead generation tools will not get much traction...

#427830 - 09/01/13 05:37 AM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: Investorguy601]
Eric Estate Offline

Loc: Austin
I get buyers with my blog .

The idea is simple: give buyers a detailed glimpse into the lifestyle that a particular listing will offer them. Use BIG photos. Have dramatic text describing the property and what it is like to actually live there.

It's a remarkably simple idea and takes just a few hours a week to accomplish. by focusing on a very specific area of the market, I quickly became an expert in those homes to all the buyers that contact me.

#430019 - 11/06/13 04:16 AM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: Investorguy601]
KevinBackBay Offline

Loc: New York
I say you need to create funnels from every end possible.

Facebooks should show off that you know the neighborhoods like no one else does (use a free Google Alert system to do this).

Pinterest will show off the house perfectly with the most timely photos. (Make sure you create boards that are incredibly tight with the titles).

Twitter is a great place to follow hashtags regarding your geo-location.

Blogging using CURATED CONTENT (takes 10 min a day) is an amazing way to get free search traffic...email me about how).

But I agree that you need to give something away for free to get the conversation going in earnest.

Beautiful squeeze pages will do just that.

#442576 - 01/23/15 12:17 AM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: Investorguy601]
VanRealEstate Offline

Loc: BRITISH COLUMBIA
Providing value to buyers in my opinion is the best strategy. That's why blogging works so well.

#442703 - 01/24/15 11:41 PM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: Investorguy601]
ShaunL8 Offline

Loc: South Africa/New Zealand
I agree with those that say listings are the best way to find buyers - it's absolutely the best way!

The problem with targeting 'buyers', or even 'sellers', i.e. meaning people ready to buy and/or sell, is that people are generally only in this mode for a short period of time - about 5% of the time if my calculations are correct (Refer my recent article http://thenewrealestateagent.com/what-do-home-sellers-want-to-know/)

The rest of the time, people are just simply people - home owners in the case of sellers, and either investors on non-home owners in the case of buyers. And these people have other interests besides real estate, e.g. community information, etc.

If you're looking to attract buyers at the different stages of their life cycles, i.e. before they're even thinking of buying, when they start doing their homework, when they're actively seeking, etc - then I would recommend reading 'Youtility for Real Estate Agents' - it's a cheap buy and it has some fantastic ideas in it, together with examples. You'll see I refer to it in the article I mentioned above.

I do, still, however, think that focussing on listing and selling real estate is the best way to get the best return on your time and prospecting investment in the longer term in real estate.

#442828 - 01/27/15 03:47 AM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: Investorguy601]
markj-b Offline

Loc: kelowna canada
There is no magic bullet. One solution that works for one person may not work for the next. A strategic multi faceted approach where you monitor success and build on the strong points and drop the weak is the best approach.

Make sure you track conversion and responses with inbound email and calls. Frankly, the worst performing programs are mostly the paid for programs.

The best way to get responses is to build a reputation as "the expert" in a niche. Drill down to a level where you are the only person that the internet searches bring up with the keywords your clients are searching for.

Several years ago I wanted to be known as the "Resort Realtor" in my region. I purchased the domain name that would give me the best chance to rank highly, wrote ezine articles with backlinks, offered to write a free column in the local online media (with backlinks) produced videos with backlinks and before long, the only person that came up when someone was looking for resort real estate was my website.

It takes time and a sound strategy and it does not take an SEO expert at $500 per month. Be willing to invest time and learn. Once you get solid rankings (organically) you will reap rewards for years.

Realtor Training

#442860 - 01/27/15 08:05 PM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: markj-b]
ShaunL8 Offline

Loc: South Africa/New Zealand
The other thing to note is what you are defining as buyers - i.e. where in their buying cycle do you want to make a connection with them.

As people travel through their buying journey, their informational needs change. Initially they might want information on schools in the area, amenities in the area, etc. This could be to decide if they want to be in a specific suburb for reasons like schools.

Once they have taken that decision then they move on to more specific information about what's available in the area or areas they have narrowed their search down to, what properties are on the market, what properties recently sold, etc.

And then, finally, they start researching details about the process of buying more specifically.

The information that you have available on a blog or your website will determine at what point in their journey they will become aware of you.

#443888 - 03/03/15 08:49 PM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: Investorguy601]
VanRealEstate Offline

Loc: BRITISH COLUMBIA
Good tips. I am not trying to offer free foreclosures list thought my website: http://www.vancouverforeclosureproperties.com/
I'll let you know how it goes.

#443945 - 03/05/15 05:39 PM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: Investorguy601]
bellos Offline

Loc: Vic
We use search retargeting very successfully for agents and you will find 99% of agents don't do it, but eventually will when it catches on to the masses.

Search retargeting targets visitors by actions they have done online. For example.

They may of:

Type a google search looking for "Condo's in your area"
Recently visited a house buying or selling blog
Visited a competitors site
Recently moved to your area (big data a little different)
Posted or commented on a real estate related post on social media.
+ Plenty more.

This data used to be only available to large agencies. But now it is much more main-stream.

It really is killer as you are putting your face or marketing message infront of people that are most likely needing your service.

If you have any questions shoot us a pm here or at mattybell.com

My two cents haha.

Edited by bellos (03/05/15 06:05 PM)

#444968 - 04/12/15 01:57 PM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: Investorguy601]
joe1 Offline

Loc: California, USA
The video is interesting, but I'm not clear where the traffic comes from to watch the video, and fillout the lead capture information. Are you running facebook ads and attaching the video? Relying on search engine optimized data to land the video on page 1 of Google? Where does the traffic come from, and how do you get it to watch the video?

#449260 - 12/07/15 06:29 AM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: bellos]
BenP Offline

Loc: Canada
Bellos is speaking some serious truth here. Everyone should pay attention to the power of retargeting.

Here is the best way I have found to generate leads:
1) create a free piece of content a lead magnet) like a webinar or eBook helping buyers/sellers solve a problem
2) create a landing page for people opt in to an email list
3) drive traffic to the page using Adwords or Facebook
4) Send emails and include a section in your lead magnet selling a free strategy session with you
5) retarget people who haven't contacted you yet
6) drink a beer and quit cold-calling for a while because you've found a new lead gen method

It sounds like a lot of steps but it weeds out people who aren't serious. The technical part can be complicated, but it's not insurmountable (or you can hire a pro lead gen person to set it up for you). If you can get this running smoothly, then you've automated your marketing to the point that you don't have to babysit your business all the time and can focus on helping your clients.

I have lots more to say about it, so you can PM me if you want more no on how to set this up. I'm actually wanting to help people for free and I'm not just looking for someone to give me money like I'm sure happens a lot in this forum.

#449276 - 12/08/15 01:00 AM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: bellos]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Originally Posted By: bellos

This data used to be only available to large agencies. But now it is much more main-stream.

It really is killer as you are putting your face or marketing message infront of people that are most likely needing your service

i am somebody who might likely need your service. Use my email address to gather all this info about me and impress all of us with how much data you can provide on my internet activity. When i see how effective you can be i might just become a cutomer.

#449277 - 12/08/15 01:05 AM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: BenP]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Originally Posted By: BenP

1) create a free piece of content a lead magnet) like a webinar or eBook helping buyers/sellers solve a problem
4) Send emails and include a section in your lead magnet selling a free strategy session with you
6) drink a beer and quit cold-calling for a while because you've found a new lead gen method

Using this strategy;

1. How many leads have you generated using this method? Buyer - seller?
2. How much did each of those leads cost to generate?

#449280 - 12/08/15 01:56 AM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: Bigtoe]
BenP Offline

[quote=Bigtoe]
Using this strategy;

1. How many leads have you generated using this method? Buyer - seller?
2. How much did each of those leads cost to generate?[/quote]

1. There are some variables, like the market you're working in and the amount you spend on ads, but it's not unusual to get 10 leads a month. If you're even an OK salesman, you can convert at least 2 of those into clients. If you're a good salesman, 7 out of 10 can become clients because they're already pre-qualified and know who you are.

2. To me, the cost of the lead is irrelevant. Someone can promise you $1 leads, but if they're all garbage, then it doesn't matter how much they cost.

The number that really matters is the cost that it takes to generate 1 client, and it's all relative to the commissions in your area and the home prices.

So let's say you live in an area where the average home is $300,000. If you get, let's say, 3% of that, that's $9000. Take out brokerage fees if you have them. If you spend $150 in ads to get that client, that's $8850 profit minus brokerage fees.

If that sounds expensive to you, think of it this way. If you were investing your money in a stock, and you could buy a $150 stock and sell it for $8850, would you do it? I sure would. Marketing isn't a cost. It's an investment that pays returns.

#449305 - 12/09/15 12:31 AM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: Investorguy601]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

@benp

my question was how many leads have YOU generated and what was the cost, in paricular the seller leads which you talk about.

i understand all that you said, as it has all been said 100 times in fact i was generating ppc leads a decade ago when it actually worked.

Have you personally generated any leads?

#449306 - 12/09/15 03:35 AM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: Bigtoe]
BenP Offline

[quote=Bigtoe]@benp

my question was how many leads have YOU generated and what was the cost, in paricular the seller leads which you talk about.

i understand all that you said, as it has all been said 100 times in fact i was generating ppc leads a decade ago when it actually worked.

Have you personally generated any leads? [/quote]

I'm sorry if I answered your question in a more roundabout way. What I was getting st is that the number is actually irrelevant.

But typically I can get 5-10 good quality leads that a decent salesperson can convert 30-70% into actual clients at $25-150 each. Usually the initial cost is higher but as I optimize it and rotate ads regularly, the cost shifts to the lower end of the range.

And maybe you've heard it 100 times because it's true and it works.

#449314 - 12/10/15 01:23 AM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: BenP]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Originally Posted By: BenP
[quote=Bigtoe]

And maybe you've heard it 100 times because it's true and it works.

i've heard it a hundred times from wanna be venders who want me to hire them to generate leads. In fact i've heard it so many time i recently thought i would give it another try. there was a time when ppc worked and was priced reasonably but that was a long time ago and back then i made a ton of money doing it.

hearing it so much on this thread, especially the part about seller leads, i gave it another try.

i created 12 different landing pages and had 120 different ads pointing to them with over 1,200 geo specific keyword phrases.

$5,000 later i had 0 seller leads. So, when you say you can generate 10 seller leads for $250 i have to pause and start to think maybe you are exagerating.

when you say that 30-70% of the internet leads you generate can be converted is also highly questionable and anybody who works internet leads knows this.

give us some facts, give us some links to your campaigns so we can see that you actually know what you are talking about.

For what it is worth, i curently generate roughly 10 buyer leads a week from my internet activity and i would gladly pay $250 per seller lead.

#449316 - 12/10/15 01:58 AM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: Bigtoe]
BenP Offline

I definitely hear what you're saying, and it's true that PPC is tougher today than it was 10 years ago. It is very easy to waste money on it, especially Google. Let me assure you that it's not the first time I've heard that.

But that doesn't mean it doesn't work. It just means it isn't working for you personally.

If your car breaks down and doesn't work like it did ten years ago, you don't say that cars don't work anymore. YOUR car just doesn't work anymore. And I'm sorry you spent $5000 and got no result. That's a tough one.

You can understand why I wouldn't want to give my sales funnels away for free, so I will not be giving you links to them. If you want to see what I mean, you can read [url=http://reamarketingmethods.com/2015/12/the-real-estate-agent-sales-funnel-part-1/]this blog post[/url] if you want to.

When I say that 30%-70% can be closed, I'm talking about a best case scenario with a really good salesperson. And when you pre-qualify leads (not just with a landing page, but with a lead magnet and email marketing as well), they are much higher quality so you're not wasting your time with tire-kickers. You're only left with the serious ones, because you've done most of the converting already.

Please also note that I'm not trying to get you to hire me. At all. If you're happy doing what you're doing, and with your current level of success, I wouldn't want to mess with that. I was offering the others here some free advice if they were trying to set this up themselves.

Edited by BenP (12/10/15 02:03 AM)

#449324 - 12/11/15 01:23 AM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: Investorguy601]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

I just read your 5 page website and it isnbasically just a 5 page ad selling yourself.

i am sure you are promoting it with ppc landing pages because it is such a proven method. What are your stats like with your ppc campaign for your business?

How many clicks actually sign up?
how many clicks are bots vs people?
how many clicks are from competitors trying to deplete your ppc budget?
what is your ppc budget?
how much are you paying per click?

#449333 - 12/11/15 05:09 AM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: Bigtoe]
BenP Offline

I'm sorry, BigToe, but I'm not sure what you're getting at. Yes, my website sells my services, but isn't that what every business website is meant to do? There is also a free blog that I'm updating regularly with content. I don't sell people PPC campaigns, anyway. I do lead generation. If I don't come up with leads, I don't get paid. End of story.

I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree about PPC. I'm sorry you've had a bad experience, and it seems to be a sore spot for you.

I'm not asking anyone here to hire me. I'm encouraging people to try it themselves, and I will gladly offer free critiques of people's funnels if they ask.

Google is tough to break into. But Facebook ads are wide open right now, and the reason for that is because closed-minded agents have written it off.

I'm not going to post anything about my stats here, because you probably wouldn't believe them anyway. I think the more important question is, what did you spend $5000 on that didn't get a result? If you wanted to send me some of the ads you ran, I could probably tell you why they didn't work and what you could do to improve them.

#449339 - 12/12/15 12:25 AM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: Investorguy601]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

What i am getting at is you coming on here and telling agents that are looking for leads that you can get them leads. There is nothing wrong with that but when i ask for proof all you provide is talk.

i ask some simple questions and get no real answers. The biggest question is how do you handle the fradulent clicks generated by bots. Webmasters with access to their server can pull stats to argue for a refund from the ppc providers but very few agents have that capability. Bots are responsible for up to 50% of ad clicks these days, at $5 a click it gets expensive real quick.

you tell us that ppc works but yet you do not do it for your own business, do you see the problem with this?

#449340 - 12/12/15 03:21 AM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: BenP]
BenP Offline

I'm quoting my original response here, and maybe you can explain at what point I said I'm here to sell leads. I offered my opinion about what is working right now and that's it. This isn't some formal seminar where I break down all the stats and provide screenshots of all my campaigns. This is an informal forum and I added my two cents to the conversation.

As far as bots go, I still think you're talking about Google.
I'm talking about Facebook, where the targeting is very powerful and if your ad is good, will be relevant to the target market and get interest. But you can't just send it to some cheaply landing page for it to work. You need a lead magnet like a free report, webinar or ebook that is valuable to the prospect.

And I'm not sure why you think I don't use PPC for my business. I do all the time and that's how I get my own clients. It's an odd conclusion for you to jump to.

Anyway, I don't see much point in continuing this conversation when you're so defensive. I'm sorry if you've had a bad experience with marketing in the past. Has someone ripped you off in the past and you're on red alert for the same thing happening again?

Or if there's something in your life that is making you unhappy to the point that you feel like being rude to people on an informal forum, I'm sorry that you're not happier. I hope things get better for you. All in all, it's been an engaging conversation and you've made some great points that I'll definitely be thinking about. Thanks.

[quote=BenP]Bellos is speaking some serious truth here. Everyone should pay attention to the power of retargeting.

It sounds like a lot of steps but it weeds out people who aren't serious. The technical part can be complicated, but it's not insurmountable (or you can hire a pro lead gen person to set it up for you). If you can get this running smoothly, then you've automated your marketing to the point that you don't have to babysit your business all the time and can focus on helping your clients.

I have lots more to say about it, so you can PM me if you want more no on how to set this up. I'm actually wanting to help people for free and I'm not just looking for someone to give me money like I'm sure happens a lot in this forum.
[/quote]

Edited by BenP (12/12/15 03:22 AM)

#449929 - 01/16/16 07:42 PM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: Investorguy601]
Jason_C Offline

Loc: Colombia
I've got to say, I really enjoyed this one. I had something in mind to comment, but the last ten posts or so have had me laughing too hard to remember......

OK. Now that I've composed myself, best ways to get buyers leads...

I really break buyers down into two categories, as others have mentioned here, of new to the area and those who know the area.

To target people new to the area, I recommend content with keywords targeting questions new arrivers may have about the area. Schools and neighborhoods were mentioned by someone else and I think they are great ideas. The more specific you can be, the better your long tail keyword is and the less you can spend on PPC if you decide to use it.

For those who already know the area, you're best bet is to leverage those you've already worked with. Create content that will keep you fresh in past clients minds and they will want to share. If Joe (generic person) is looking at buying his first home, he may feel more comfortable asking his friends and family for a recommendation. However, if someone in his family is already sharing content from a real estate agent/agency, he won't have to sit around wondering who he knows who has bought a house recently, Facebook will let him know. The benefit here is that it will likely be perceived as a referral and even if it's not, he can ask the person who shared it directly and get that referral.

If you are a new agent in a not-so-influx community, you might be up a creek on this one and be stuck doing real leg work.

Just my 2˘

- Jason

#449951 - 01/17/16 05:17 PM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: Jason_C]
BenP Offline

This is fantastic advice, Jason, and an angle I hadn't considered when doing content marketing. Focus on content that would get traffic from people researching the area and you'll get those influx people for sure.

#449998 - 01/20/16 07:13 PM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: BenP]
Jason_C Offline

I hope it works out for you, Ben.

#450888 - 02/28/16 05:57 PM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: Investorguy601]
JuliaV Offline

Loc: LA
We use the local press. What areas of the city are the 'big' local stories happening in, and what properties do we have in that area.

#451510 - 03/21/16 10:15 AM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: JuliaV]
Jason_C Offline

That's awesome Julia. One idea to add on to that is to try to get ahead of local events, and not just push houses but push reasons for moving. I'm originally from right outside of Wilmington, N.C. and there's the Azalea Festival every year. If I were trying to grow traffic for that, I might have some recent articles covering some of the neighborhoods that have significant events related to the festival. Someone new to town might find something really interesting about an area and want more information about that area.

Then I'd consider writing a good article about the festival overall and then linking back to those neighborhoods that were mentioned.

#456896 - 03/11/17 12:30 PM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: Investorguy601]
Nick Tam Offline

Targeted FB ads + Funnel = Qualified Leads

Proven system that works!

#456943 - 03/16/17 10:25 AM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: Investorguy601]
TheBPOExpert Offline

Loc: Georgia
I have found facebook ads to be more general. Google adwords is by far the most targeted lead you can get. More expensive but that's because it's a better more targeted lead.

#457637 - 05/02/17 09:34 PM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: Investorguy601]
Barbara Herbert Offline

Loc: Grove City, Ohio, United State...
Most people now use social media. By knowing it you can get a lot of leads.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
David Webb, BoomBoom68, webuyhousesfastf, Ann- HomePromise, Hailey
29755 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 31 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
estatereal 30
Mr. Clean 28
Long Walk 22
Vermont 18
Lucky Leonardo 18
Trouble 17
Z06Fanatic 14
RonnieEmz 14
Danny1 13