Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtors Directory

Facebook
Sponsored Links
Top Posters (30 Days)
Vermont 44
Lucky Leonardo 25
Trouble 17
estatereal 17
AgentAlam 15
WolfHouse 15
RonnieEmz 13
Nikole 12
Z06Fanatic 12
Mr. Clean 12
David Hunter 11
Chrispy 8
C21Mr.May 8
Bigtoe 7
sualk54 7
Matched Content
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#426880 - 08/08/13 11:16 AM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: Fleetfoot]
DueDiligence Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Wild Wild West
Originally Posted By: Fleetfoot
Here's how I generate New Home buyer leads!

You can see three examples at the above link. We are producing high-end video tours, then promoting them online using social media marketing and search engine optimization.

Notice that each video's page has lead-capture forms and calls-to-action.

I think this is the best tactic I have come by, but my opinion is very biased. What do you think?

On the advertisement for new homes, who is the real estate broker? Who would a consumer talk to about making an offer or buying a lot?

Advertisements
#426893 - 08/08/13 03:43 PM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: Investorguy601]
Joe Hayden Offline

Loc: Louisville, Kentucky
Respectfully, unless you can get eyes on your educational tools, they won't be effective. That's a critical part of getting buyer leads from the internet - exposure. Without it, the best educational and lead generation tools will not get much traction...

#427830 - 09/01/13 10:37 AM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: Investorguy601]
Eric Estate Offline

Loc: Austin
I get buyers with my blog .

The idea is simple: give buyers a detailed glimpse into the lifestyle that a particular listing will offer them. Use BIG photos. Have dramatic text describing the property and what it is like to actually live there.

It's a remarkably simple idea and takes just a few hours a week to accomplish. by focusing on a very specific area of the market, I quickly became an expert in those homes to all the buyers that contact me.

#430019 - 11/06/13 10:16 AM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: Investorguy601]
KevinBackBay Offline

Loc: New York
I say you need to create funnels from every end possible.

Facebooks should show off that you know the neighborhoods like no one else does (use a free Google Alert system to do this).

Pinterest will show off the house perfectly with the most timely photos. (Make sure you create boards that are incredibly tight with the titles).

Twitter is a great place to follow hashtags regarding your geo-location.

Blogging using CURATED CONTENT (takes 10 min a day) is an amazing way to get free search traffic...email me about how).

But I agree that you need to give something away for free to get the conversation going in earnest.

Beautiful squeeze pages will do just that.

#442576 - 01/23/15 06:17 AM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: Investorguy601]
VanRealEstate Offline

Loc: BRITISH COLUMBIA
Providing value to buyers in my opinion is the best strategy. That's why blogging works so well.

#442703 - 01/25/15 05:41 AM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: Investorguy601]
ShaunL8 Offline

Loc: South Africa/New Zealand
I agree with those that say listings are the best way to find buyers - it's absolutely the best way!

The problem with targeting 'buyers', or even 'sellers', i.e. meaning people ready to buy and/or sell, is that people are generally only in this mode for a short period of time - about 5% of the time if my calculations are correct (Refer my recent article http://thenewrealestateagent.com/what-do-home-sellers-want-to-know/)

The rest of the time, people are just simply people - home owners in the case of sellers, and either investors on non-home owners in the case of buyers. And these people have other interests besides real estate, e.g. community information, etc.

If you're looking to attract buyers at the different stages of their life cycles, i.e. before they're even thinking of buying, when they start doing their homework, when they're actively seeking, etc - then I would recommend reading 'Youtility for Real Estate Agents' - it's a cheap buy and it has some fantastic ideas in it, together with examples. You'll see I refer to it in the article I mentioned above.

I do, still, however, think that focussing on listing and selling real estate is the best way to get the best return on your time and prospecting investment in the longer term in real estate.

#442828 - 01/27/15 09:47 AM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: Investorguy601]
markj-b Offline

Loc: kelowna canada
There is no magic bullet. One solution that works for one person may not work for the next. A strategic multi faceted approach where you monitor success and build on the strong points and drop the weak is the best approach.

Make sure you track conversion and responses with inbound email and calls. Frankly, the worst performing programs are mostly the paid for programs.

The best way to get responses is to build a reputation as "the expert" in a niche. Drill down to a level where you are the only person that the internet searches bring up with the keywords your clients are searching for.

Several years ago I wanted to be known as the "Resort Realtor" in my region. I purchased the domain name that would give me the best chance to rank highly, wrote ezine articles with backlinks, offered to write a free column in the local online media (with backlinks) produced videos with backlinks and before long, the only person that came up when someone was looking for resort real estate was my website.

It takes time and a sound strategy and it does not take an SEO expert at $500 per month. Be willing to invest time and learn. Once you get solid rankings (organically) you will reap rewards for years.

Realtor Training

#442860 - 01/28/15 02:05 AM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: markj-b]
ShaunL8 Offline

Loc: South Africa/New Zealand
The other thing to note is what you are defining as buyers - i.e. where in their buying cycle do you want to make a connection with them.

As people travel through their buying journey, their informational needs change. Initially they might want information on schools in the area, amenities in the area, etc. This could be to decide if they want to be in a specific suburb for reasons like schools.

Once they have taken that decision then they move on to more specific information about what's available in the area or areas they have narrowed their search down to, what properties are on the market, what properties recently sold, etc.

And then, finally, they start researching details about the process of buying more specifically.

The information that you have available on a blog or your website will determine at what point in their journey they will become aware of you.

#443888 - 03/04/15 02:49 AM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: Investorguy601]
VanRealEstate Offline

Loc: BRITISH COLUMBIA
Good tips. I am not trying to offer free foreclosures list thought my website: http://www.vancouverforeclosureproperties.com/
I'll let you know how it goes.

#443945 - 03/05/15 11:39 PM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: Investorguy601]
bellos Offline

Loc: Vic
We use search retargeting very successfully for agents and you will find 99% of agents don't do it, but eventually will when it catches on to the masses.

Search retargeting targets visitors by actions they have done online. For example.

They may of:

Type a google search looking for "Condo's in your area"
Recently visited a house buying or selling blog
Visited a competitors site
Recently moved to your area (big data a little different)
Posted or commented on a real estate related post on social media.
+ Plenty more.

This data used to be only available to large agencies. But now it is much more main-stream.

It really is killer as you are putting your face or marketing message infront of people that are most likely needing your service.

If you have any questions shoot us a pm here or at mattybell.com

My two cents haha.

Edited by bellos (03/06/15 12:05 AM)

#444968 - 04/12/15 06:57 PM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: Investorguy601]
joe1 Offline

Loc: California, USA
The video is interesting, but I'm not clear where the traffic comes from to watch the video, and fillout the lead capture information. Are you running facebook ads and attaching the video? Relying on search engine optimized data to land the video on page 1 of Google? Where does the traffic come from, and how do you get it to watch the video?

#449260 - 12/07/15 12:29 PM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: bellos]
BenP Offline

Loc: Canada
Bellos is speaking some serious truth here. Everyone should pay attention to the power of retargeting.

Here is the best way I have found to generate leads:
1) create a free piece of content a lead magnet) like a webinar or eBook helping buyers/sellers solve a problem
2) create a landing page for people opt in to an email list
3) drive traffic to the page using Adwords or Facebook
4) Send emails and include a section in your lead magnet selling a free strategy session with you
5) retarget people who haven't contacted you yet
6) drink a beer and quit cold-calling for a while because you've found a new lead gen method

It sounds like a lot of steps but it weeds out people who aren't serious. The technical part can be complicated, but it's not insurmountable (or you can hire a pro lead gen person to set it up for you). If you can get this running smoothly, then you've automated your marketing to the point that you don't have to babysit your business all the time and can focus on helping your clients.

I have lots more to say about it, so you can PM me if you want more no on how to set this up. I'm actually wanting to help people for free and I'm not just looking for someone to give me money like I'm sure happens a lot in this forum.

#449276 - 12/08/15 07:00 AM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: bellos]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Outer Banks
Originally Posted By: bellos

This data used to be only available to large agencies. But now it is much more main-stream.

It really is killer as you are putting your face or marketing message infront of people that are most likely needing your service

i am somebody who might likely need your service. Use my email address to gather all this info about me and impress all of us with how much data you can provide on my internet activity. When i see how effective you can be i might just become a cutomer.

#449277 - 12/08/15 07:05 AM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: BenP]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Outer Banks
Originally Posted By: BenP

Here is the best way I have found to generate leads:
1) create a free piece of content a lead magnet) like a webinar or eBook helping buyers/sellers solve a problem
2) create a landing page for people opt in to an email list
3) drive traffic to the page using Adwords or Facebook
4) Send emails and include a section in your lead magnet selling a free strategy session with you
5) retarget people who haven't contacted you yet
6) drink a beer and quit cold-calling for a while because you've found a new lead gen method

Using this strategy;

1. How many leads have you generated using this method? Buyer - seller?
2. How much did each of those leads cost to generate?

#449280 - 12/08/15 07:56 AM Re: The Best Way To Get Buyer's Leads Using the Internet [Re: Bigtoe]
BenP Offline

Loc: Canada
[quote=Bigtoe]
Using this strategy;

1. How many leads have you generated using this method? Buyer - seller?
2. How much did each of those leads cost to generate?[/quote]

1. There are some variables, like the market you're working in and the amount you spend on ads, but it's not unusual to get 10 leads a month. If you're even an OK salesman, you can convert at least 2 of those into clients. If you're a good salesman, 7 out of 10 can become clients because they're already pre-qualified and know who you are.

2. To me, the cost of the lead is irrelevant. Someone can promise you $1 leads, but if they're all garbage, then it doesn't matter how much they cost.

The number that really matters is the cost that it takes to generate 1 client, and it's all relative to the commissions in your area and the home prices.

So let's say you live in an area where the average home is $300,000. If you get, let's say, 3% of that, that's $9000. Take out brokerage fees if you have them. If you spend $150 in ads to get that client, that's $8850 profit minus brokerage fees.

If that sounds expensive to you, think of it this way. If you were investing your money in a stock, and you could buy a $150 stock and sell it for $8850, would you do it? I sure would. Marketing isn't a cost. It's an investment that pays returns.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
hosnear, socialshouter, Warranty Squad, SolomonJohnson, Agent323
29359 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (Chad Taylor, 1 invisible), 75 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28050222
No new orders today 13081456
Stupid MLS comments. 3263380
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1177370
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1049297
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1019094
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 814655
Let's talk about our cars 661354
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 597573