Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28271787
No new orders today 13101893
Stupid MLS comments. 3276759
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1189513
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1061210
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1028238
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 822772
Let's talk about our cars 671064
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 602727
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 592450
Most common items found at an REO 576065
EML 459232
REOTRANS 440754
Main Street 419467
asset val seminar in colorado 407201
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 340452
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 306799
Evalonline 300191
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261859
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#419808 - 02/07/13 09:47 AM Help finding the right house for my buyer
Homebrewny Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Hello,
I'm a fairly new agent and now working with my first buyer. My buyer is a single, younger individual looking to buy his/her first home. I would like to know if there are any rules of thumb or advice to finding better homes for my client.

The price range for my clients yields literally hundreds of results. I have my client on an automatic listing notification via email where they review the listings for themselves and let me know which ones they want to see. Sounds simple enough, but I am quickly learning that we are spending a lot of time looking at junk.

How pushy or how relaxed should I be? I feel if I just show the client any homes they want, the process may take a long time. So far we have seen 1 decent home from 10 looked at. There has to be a better way of increasing the decent homes without being negative towards the homes the client picks out. The client also searches the Internet so if I added more restrictions to the auto listings, they will still find more homes out there.

I hope I am explains what I am looking for here well enough. Thanks.

Edit: I just want to add that I go through and see the red flags up front but also wondering if I should share these red flags with the client. One side says it will be helpful and allow us to see better properties and the other side of me is saying I may be too negative towards the client.

Edited by Homebrewny (02/07/13 09:51 AM)

Advertisements
#419827 - 02/07/13 04:07 PM Re: Help finding the right house for my buyer [Re: Homebrewny]
johnnyloans Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Los Angeles ,CA
Preview new listings everyday so that you know and have a better grasp of what is out there.
Greater Los Angeles Area
www.PalmdaleRealestate.biz
Have Car Will Travel
For Those That Google JohnnyJamesBroker@gmail.com

#419830 - 02/07/13 05:16 PM Re: Help finding the right house for my buyer [Re: Homebrewny]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
Is your Customer's or Clients Price Range the only criterion that you're using.

Nothing mentioned in your post tells me what's unique about his wants, needs, and desires that would help me to hone in on a match. Maybe he doesn't know ?

I tell Customers that if they don't know what they're looking for, we'll never find it. If a Customer doesn't know what they're looking for, then they can never become my Client.

Some still tell me that "they'll know it when they see it !"

When that occurs, I then diplomatically tell them they'll be doing that looking without me; we're wasting our time.

#419831 - 02/07/13 05:18 PM Re: Help finding the right house for my buyer [Re: Homebrewny]
Dodger52 Offline

Loc: Montana
Originally Posted By: Homebrewny

How pushy or how relaxed should I be?

That depends on your personality, some agents can push real hard and keep the buyer, others can't. You will figure this out in time, for now I would just be cautious and stay in your comfort zone.

I feel if I just show the client any homes they want, the process may take a long time.

Your right it will. When you go out, show the buyer their selections and than at least one of your own. Select your house on what you know about the buyer, after you've seen it ask how you did.

So far we have seen 1 decent home from 10 looked at. There has to be a better way of increasing the decent homes without being negative towards the homes the client picks out. The client also searches the Internet so if I added more restrictions to the auto listings, they will still find more homes out there.

If you are doing a good job of selecting your choices, the buyer will quickly start deferring to your judgement, and want to see more homes that you select. The buyer will still search on their own, but you have a better grasp on the market and they will recognize that.

Don't lead your buyer around the houses, let the buyer lead you. This will tell you things about their concerns that they may not be able to tell you. as an example a buyer might say that a big master bath is the most important feature they are looking for, but they head straight to the kitchen every time. Now you know whether they say it or not the kitchen is important.

Best of luck!
www.facebook.com/MissionValleyMTHomes

#421259 - 03/07/13 06:17 PM Re: Help finding the right house for my buyer [Re: Homebrewny]
Scintillion Offline

Loc: Colorado, USA
Best thing to do in this situation is to try and narrow down options as much as possible so that you can spend less time showing properties that won't fit the buyer's criteria (bedroom, bathrooms, square footage, age of home, etc. etc. etc.)

#421286 - 03/08/13 06:50 AM Re: Help finding the right house for my buyer [Re: Homebrewny]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Outer Banks
Another way to look at your situation is you are learning the inventory. If you did not have this buyer you should be spending a lot of your time previewing homes anyway, just so you can learn what is for sale and what your money can get you. Now that you have a buyer, you have company while you learn and you might even make a commission.

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
PMacpherson, Non GMO CRE, Reguru1, Shaun225, Dr.Brim
29797 Registered Users
Who's Online
5 registered (Brad, AML, Trouble, estatereal, RonnieEmz), 39 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 74
Vermont 39
estatereal 15
Trouble 15
Flare616 13
Snapple 12
Logan Five 11
RonnieEmz 10
Lucky Leonardo 9