Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Good Idea!
The ultimate marketing tool

Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28269339
No new orders today 13101742
Stupid MLS comments. 3276643
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1189415
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1061105
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1028116
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 822581
Let's talk about our cars 670945
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 602695
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 592369
Most common items found at an REO 575889
EML 459232
REOTRANS 440725
Main Street 419405
asset val seminar in colorado 407144
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 340432
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 306760
Evalonline 300191
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261859
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#420948 - 03/01/13 10:21 AM website provider
mkim1969 Offline

Loc: GA
Need sugestions on which website provider to go with. I would like to go with a wordpress site with wordpress IDX for seo purposes. Has anyone dealt with listingware?

Advertisements
#420985 - 03/02/13 06:17 AM Re: website provider [Re: mkim1969]
BuyRentAsia Offline

Loc: Thailand, Chiang Mai
If you know something about html and some small coding, this one is very good http://www.open-realty.org/

#421402 - 03/10/13 01:38 PM Re: website provider [Re: mkim1969]
Malok Offline

Loc: Kentucky - in a barn!
Never dealt with listingware. There are a lot of solutions out there nowadays. Easiest thing to do is just go to all of their sites, talk to customer support and see which one works for you.

#434131 - 03/16/14 10:48 PM Re: website provider [Re: mkim1969]
Waterview Offline

Loc: Panama City Beach Florida
There are a host of companies like listingware that have canned website setups for agents. Wordpress is a blog which is a whole different animal. If you are an agent looking to get your feet wet with websites, a blog at Wordpress would be a great place to start. Once you get more serious it is time to look at the canned website solutions. From there if you are successful you may go to a full pledged website from the ground up.

#434443 - 03/21/14 07:08 PM Re: website provider [Re: Waterview]
PropertyVentures Offline

Loc: Vagabonding
Concur - you can get something functioning with Wordpress within a day or two & use business income over time to "kaizen" from there.

#435350 - 04/18/14 06:21 AM Re: website provider [Re: mkim1969]
TRENDS Tony Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Going with a Wordpress site does not give you any extra SEO. Wordpress is simply a platform that others can use to build a website. You can create an absolutely amazing website or an absolutely horrible website with Wordpress. The SEO on a Wordpress site will only be as good as the developer that put it there.

Saying that you want to use Wordpress because you want to rank on search engines is like saying you want to drive a Ferrari to be a better driver. It's not the car that makes you drive well and it's not the platform that makes a site rank well (it's the code inputted to that platform by a developer together with your relevant unique content, quality, structure, off-site SEO, competition and more).

So when you're looking at providers, don't look at if they use Wordpress or not (unless you personally prefer the WP platform) because that makes no difference on the success of your website. Look at the quality of site, customization abilities, tools & features, pricing, reputation, etc. Call their sales team and ask a million questions. Try out any demos they have available and pick the one you like the best, which may or may not be a WP based provider.

We are a newer provider offering high-end template and custom websites for real estate agents. Your website is ready in seconds and integrates our custom IDX that you can control. Currently serving the Central FL area, visit the website for more details.

#439780 - 10/06/14 09:38 PM Re: website provider [Re: mkim1969]
JasonBurcham5643 Offline

Loc: lawa, des Moines
Yeah, i will also suggest you wordpress.

#446990 - 08/05/15 08:12 AM Re: website provider [Re: mkim1969]
RealtorWebsite Offline

Loc: Multiple
This one is good for you third party listing
Real Estate Agents Website
Real Estate Agent Website

Best Deal on Real Estate Agents Printing - 1,000 Business Cards $23 and etc
Real Estate Agent Printing

#448021 - 09/28/15 05:55 PM Re: website provider [Re: mkim1969]
Broker John Offline

Loc: NC
I am about to change my hosting provider to geekhost. looks about $2 or $3 bucks a month and they have softaculus which loads wordpress with a click, nice.

#451385 - 03/18/16 07:21 AM Re: website provider [Re: mkim1969]
ScottBowland Offline

Loc: Penticton, BC, Canada.
Wordpress is awesome. There are real estate templates out there that you can integrate with your real estate board so people can view listings on your site.

If you are not a techie type person and you have better things to do then you should just hire someone to create your site for you. With wordpress as your cms you would be able to easily update your site even if you are not technically inclined.

When paying someone to build your site the price can vary wildly ($100 - 10 G) so shop around and know what you want before you buy.

#451665 - 03/29/16 04:39 PM Re: website provider [Re: mkim1969]
Jason_C Offline

Loc: Colombia
Hey everyone,

With the renewed interest in this topic I thought I'd chime in.

@ScottBowland is right, WordPress is awesome and you will get quotes from $100 - 10 G. I've done a few real estate websites in the past and will no longer do them (at least not US based). The problem is that handling IDX integration is extremely difficult. I'm now recommending real estate agents to go to Agent Evolution (http://www.agentevolution.com). They build high quality RE websites with IDX integration. They are cheaper than most, and actually do a really good job.

I'd still be happy to do investment real estate or property management sites for rentals, but I would charge way more than they are for IDX integration. I spoke with a one of their developers a couple of weeks ago about their SEO and examined a few of their sites. I haven't found anyone doing a better job.

#451666 - 03/29/16 04:50 PM Re: website provider [Re: ScottBowland]
Jason_C Offline

Loc: Colombia
@ScottBowland

I really enjoy those whiteboard videos. I would recommend that you have it load inside of a media box instead of opening a new tab to load on Vimeo though. This functionality is build into WordPress. I'm not sure why your slider is pushing it out of the site to handle it. If it were me, I'd get rid of the slider all together and just have the video there, but that's a design decision.

The problem is that Vimeo has invested a lot into connecting related content that is intended to keep the viewer on Vimeo until they are done with the Internet and they're likely to close all tabs without returning to your site.

Just my 2. Best of luck to you.

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Reguru1, Shaun225, Dr.Brim, james luis, Snapple
29795 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 54 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 75
Vermont 39
estatereal 18
Flare616 16
Trouble 13
Snapple 12
RonnieEmz 12
Lucky Leonardo 11
Logan Five 11