Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28308815
No new orders today 13116933
Stupid MLS comments. 3291718
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1195495
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1068798
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1032011
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 825208
Let's talk about our cars 672650
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 605187
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 595627
Most common items found at an REO 581480
EML 459233
REOTRANS 442283
Main Street 424802
asset val seminar in colorado 408786
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 341218
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 310140
Evalonline 300205
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#423863 - 05/15/13 02:14 PM Re: Paying for leads from Realtor.com? [Re: JasonAppleton]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
Originally Posted By: JasonAppleton
". . . P.S. This 300 second limit on posting is a little steep . . ."

That's merely 5 minutes.

But it's true; 5 minutes can feel like an eternity for some people who can only conceive of one fresh and inciteful idea per month.

Advertisements
#423869 - 05/15/13 09:40 PM Re: Paying for leads from Realtor.com? [Re: Vermont]
johnnyloans Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Los Angeles ,CA
5 minute rule helps control spammers.
Greater Los Angeles Area
www.PalmdaleRealestate.biz
Have Car Will Travel
For Those That Google JohnnyJamesBroker@gmail.com

#424149 - 05/23/13 09:04 AM Re: Paying for leads from Realtor.com? [Re: Millions]
iiaok Offline

Loc: WI
I jumped in with three zip codes on Realtor.com and have had immediate success with them. 75% so far have been good leads. I'm working through to close on my first deal (700k property) in mid-June.

My success may be a bit different than most, but I'm satisfied thus far.

#424156 - 05/23/13 10:37 AM Re: Paying for leads from Realtor.com? [Re: Vermont]
Malok Offline

Loc: Kentucky - in a barn!
Originally Posted By: Vermont

That's merely 5 minutes.

But it's true; 5 minutes can feel like an eternity for some people who can only conceive of one fresh and inciteful idea per month.

Zing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile

#424225 - 05/24/13 07:40 AM Re: Paying for leads from Realtor.com? [Re: Malok]
Scintillion Offline

Loc: Colorado, USA
Originally Posted By: Malok
Originally Posted By: Vermont

That's merely 5 minutes.

Zing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile

LOL! That is too funny. smile

#426667 - 08/02/13 10:59 AM Re: Paying for leads from Realtor.com? [Re: Millions]
Nashville Homes Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
VERY BAD..you shouldnt have to pay for leads especially ones that are that COLD. if you want to develop a lead generation system/platform, do your homework. Seek professional assistance from other top tier agents around the globe and utilize their experience. There are so many ways to look a this, but in the time you will waste trying to cultivate leads that are already dead by the time you get them, you could have paid for a custom platform to suite your needs...#asktheexpert

PH

#430535 - 11/26/13 03:57 PM Re: Paying for leads from Realtor.com? [Re: Nashville Homes]
hollyn Offline

Loc: Illinois
I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a top tier agent to share some of the ways to build a successful business and how to get thru the growing pains. I feel as though I need to hire someone who can do just all the leads stuff...don't have a clue on where to find that person. Very tired and very confused

#430536 - 11/26/13 05:00 PM Re: Paying for leads from Realtor.com? [Re: Millions]
Tyler Stipe Offline

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
How does that work, exactly?

#430550 - 11/27/13 03:36 AM Re: Paying for leads from Realtor.com? [Re: hollyn]
Nick Zara Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Here's how the big guys do it:

- create a landing page - a single page with a form where you ask for the visitor's contact info and some basic info about the house they are looking to buy (nr. of baths, bedrooms, etc..). Once they fill out that form you will receive their information. Follow up with them by phone (or email: put them on an auto-responder and send them listings periodically)

- drive traffic to this landing page using Google Pay Per Click. Use targeted keywords such as "house for sale in [city]", "homes for sale in [city]".

What to expect: on average 70% fake leads (fake phone number, email). Concentrate on the rest (30%). It's a numbers game.

Edited by Nick Zara (11/27/13 03:38 AM)

#430895 - 12/09/13 02:14 PM Re: Paying for leads from Realtor.com? [Re: Nick Zara]
BpoBill Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: US
Originally Posted By: Nick Zara
Here's how the big guys do it:

- create a landing page - a single page with a form where you ask for the visitor's contact info and some basic info about the house they are looking to buy (nr. of baths, bedrooms, etc..). Once they fill out that form you will receive their information. Follow up with them by phone (or email: put them on an auto-responder and send them listings periodically)

- drive traffic to this landing page using Google Pay Per Click. Use targeted keywords such as "house for sale in [city]", "homes for sale in [city]".

What to expect: on average 70% fake leads (fake phone number, email). Concentrate on the rest (30%). It's a numbers game.

sigh... Just give up please.

#430970 - 12/11/13 06:25 PM Re: Paying for leads from Realtor.com? [Re: Nick Zara]
ALJ Offline

Loc: CA
Nick that sounds like a great idea to get a landing page and get visitors contact information for leads. Nick, who do you recommend hiring for my landing page for real estate leads? I appreciate your idea.

#431269 - 12/26/13 11:38 PM Re: Paying for leads from Realtor.com? [Re: Millions]
Vanesha Offline

Loc: florida,U.S.
its good idea as it really give good leads as result ,and if you earn that amount that you have invested than what is wrong on that.

#431337 - 12/31/13 04:37 AM Re: Paying for leads from Realtor.com? [Re: Millions]
Nashville Homes Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
I'm getting about 15+ local leads via my website a month, but the conversion rate has been awful! Any suggestions?

Currently, they are unresponsive to calls and emails. frown I'm starting to think it is somehow operator error?

#431375 - 01/01/14 05:02 PM Re: Paying for leads from Realtor.com? [Re: Nashville Homes]
ATXluxury Offline

Loc: TX
[quote=Nashville Homes]I'm getting about 15+ local leads via my website a month, but the conversion rate has been awful! Any suggestions?

Currently, they are unresponsive to calls and emails. :( I'm starting to think it is somehow operator error? [/quote]

15 leads per month is not going to be enough to measure from. You could theoretically go a year (180 leads) without closing anything, but then the next year you could close 5 from that same amount of leads due to variance.

Statistically, one would do well to close 2% of leads in the long run (12+ months), short term results with only 15 leads per month means nothing. Make sure you make a phone number required. I don't care how good of a drip campaign you have (including certain idx and lead capture providers that have "intuitive" drip campaigns based on browsing history), I would rather have 100 leads with phone numbers than 500 without.

At the end of the day, if you are concerned with converting internet leads, you should invest some money in PPC and/or SEO to get your number of leads up. You have a great site, you just need to drive traffic to it!

#431575 - 01/08/14 06:41 AM Re: Paying for leads from Realtor.com? [Re: Millions]
gregfielding Offline

Loc: California
I think too many of us pay for garbage leads from these sites, just so we can feel like we're working while we try and quality and convert them. I've had far more success blogging than advertising.

This article hits the nail on the head http://bloggingunlocked.com/blogs/news/10922153-the-crappy-internet-lead-vortex-of-death

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
JeanneSells4U, tpierce, Akingofhomes, LiamOliver, idxmatrix
29847 Registered Users
Who's Online
5 registered (TheTexasGal, Brad, OrlandoAgent, 2 invisible), 59 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
FlyerRE 41
Long Walk 33
Vermont 23
Mr. Clean 13
Trouble 9
Lucky Leonardo 9
estatereal 7
Bigtoe 7
HOT-TUB 5