Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityOne of the most popular online real estate communities consistently since 1998!

Virtual Homestaging at PadStyler.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtors Directory

Facebook
Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#418143 - 01/09/13 09:30 PM best/worst short sale banks
papa lou Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Los Angeles, California
What banks/servicers etc. gets short sales done quickly based on your experience?

Who is the worst?

Advertisements
#418148 - 01/09/13 10:18 PM Re: best/worst short sale banks [Re: papa lou]
sacbroker Offline

Loc: Sacramento
Worst I have dealt with, Pentagon Federal Credit Union. Don't even try.

#419200 - 01/28/13 04:04 PM Re: best/worst short sale banks [Re: papa lou]
realtorWayneBroo Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, Fl
Best, for me: Chase, WF, Homeward Res
Worst, for me: Ocwen, Nationstar, SLS

#419316 - 01/30/13 06:00 AM Re: best/worst short sale banks [Re: papa lou]
Scintillion Offline

Loc: Colorado, USA
I would imagine that banks such as Chase and Wells Fargo would be easier to deal with due to the sheer volume of loans that they have.

#419573 - 02/03/13 11:08 AM Re: best/worst short sale banks [Re: papa lou]
Musa Opondo Offline

Loc: USA
Wells Fargo is foreclosure friendly.

#419579 - 02/03/13 04:50 PM Re: best/worst short sale banks [Re: papa lou]
PacificBreeze Offline

Loc: CA
Anyone have experience with Capital One?
So far (75 days), my experience is not good. They don't respond to negotiator's emails or calls very often and will not disclose how much the appraisal came in at, nor will they counter, reject or approve the offer. Buyer offered $237k on a $225k list price, which is pretty much full value on "closed" sales but low based on newer current listings. It would be nice if they would at least counter so buyer can decide to walk or accept!

#421714 - 03/16/13 04:57 PM Re: best/worst short sale banks [Re: papa lou]
Rainbowtyedye Offline

Loc: NJ
Best: Chase

Worst: TD

Hell: Chase 1st lien, TD second lien. Luckily I used to be a commercial lender at TD and am well aware of their consumer policies and regs, so I was able to teach the TD negitiator a few things about his job, like the difference between regulations and bank policies (yeah, I'm sure fed regs state RE commission on a short sale can not exceed 5%, and little banks like Chase are unaware they are breaking a Federal law when they pay that much out. Yeeah! Just like it's illegal to post-date a check, Junior! It's not illegal, it's just not a valid contract that can be negotiated until the date. Now quit playing Candy Crush between phone calls and learn your job!)

Me, bitter I was laid off from TD? Nah!

#421817 - 03/18/13 11:52 PM Re: best/worst short sale banks [Re: Rainbowtyedye]
Scintillion Offline

Loc: Colorado, USA
Originally Posted By: Rainbowtyedye
Best: Chase

Worst: TD

Hell: Chase 1st lien, TD second lien. Luckily I used to be a commercial lender at TD and am well aware of their consumer policies and regs, so I was able to teach the TD negitiator a few things about his job, like the difference between regulations and bank policies (yeah, I'm sure fed regs state RE commission on a short sale can not exceed 5%, and little banks like Chase are unaware they are breaking a Federal law when they pay that much out. Yeeah! Just like it's illegal to post-date a check, Junior! It's not illegal, it's just not a valid contract that can be negotiated until the date. Now quit playing Candy Crush between phone calls and learn your job!)

Me, bitter I was laid off from TD? Nah!

Too funny - especially the part about playing Candy Crush - LOL!

#431258 - 12/26/13 06:07 PM Re: best/worst short sale banks [Re: papa lou]
Kirk Craig Offline

Loc: Illinois
Bank of America is not good. Chase was good. They just switch over to some new management system that pretty much wastes 30 days before they even see the file. The people at Chase don't even like the system however they have now paid for it so we're all stuck with it. I assume they will learn how to sreamline this process once they really get their hands around this system but for the next few months you can expect Chases process to be a little longer

#442681 - 01/24/15 02:04 PM Re: best/worst short sale banks [Re: Kirk Craig]
VABroker Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Virginia
Anyone EVER heard of a bank 'assigning' a real estate agent to do a short sale as the listing agent? Trying to figure out if my past client's leg was just pulled.

Edited by VABroker (01/24/15 02:05 PM)

#442682 - 01/24/15 03:23 PM Re: best/worst short sale banks [Re: VABroker]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
Originally Posted By: VABroker
Anyone EVER heard of a bank 'assigning' a real estate agent to do a short sale as the listing agent? Trying to figure out if my past client's leg was just pulled.

Prior to Foreclosure, some of the Banks may tell the Mortgagors that they can select a Broker from an approved list, or persuade them to use someone that they've worked with in the past . . . . or maybe a Broker who also sits on the Bank's Board of Directors.

Sometimes, they just suggest that the Mortgagor play ball, if they don't want to be removed early, or walk away with a Deficiency Judgement.

Usually, if the Owner is under water, they're not going to be much for arguing.

In reality, we're only fooling ourselves if we think that the real "Client" is still the Owner of the property. It's going to be the Bank whose money pays our Commission; but you still have to treat the Owner of Record with respect and pretend that s/he has some say in the matter if you want to maintain cooperation . . . . and if you don't/can't do that, the Bank will arrange for someone else.

#442683 - 01/24/15 03:52 PM Re: best/worst short sale banks [Re: VABroker]
Grampa Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Margaritaville
Originally Posted By: VABroker

3 years ago we were involved with a pilot program for an undisclosed bank (which wants to present Sunny and Trustworthy image) and for about 6 months we would get assignments to go to peoples houses, and if they were occupied by the mortgagor we had a script of what to tell them. Then we leave and, if they wanted to, they could call us back to list the property. If they did not convert to a listing I think we got a $50 or $75 trip fee. After 4 or 5 months they discontinued the experiment. I know there were some other banks trying to basically do the same thing. I do not recall exactly but I think we got 1 or 2 listings out of it.

HOWEVER, the other agent could be lying.

Interesting slant. Look in public records for lis pendens and go contact them and introduce yourself as the CHOSEN BY THE BANK agent there to assist them with a timely disposition of the bank's asset.

I can think of 20 different ways to script it. And I can think of at least 20 different agents who would give it a try.

Unless they could show you something in writing, I would be suspect.

#442687 - 01/24/15 05:14 PM Re: best/worst short sale banks [Re: Grampa]
VABroker Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Virginia
Oh, I am suspicious, indeed, that somehow he was tricked. I spoke with both owners last year. They had been paying religiously on time, nothing missed; yet, now, suddenly, less than nine months(!) I am shocked to see the a short sale. The list price was under its true value (shock again!). When I spoke with them last year, they could have at least walked away free and clear after a regular sale (with some bucks in their pocket!). I'm afraid they have been duped. I reminded him this would affect his credit rating (he is military). Checked records - no legal proceedings pending. Such a nice couple; such a sham.

Edited by VABroker (01/24/15 05:17 PM)

#442706 - 01/25/15 08:30 AM Re: best/worst short sale banks [Re: VABroker]
Grampa Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Margaritaville
If the person is an officer it will impede them getting future promotions also.

There is also the little issue of a deficiency judgment.

Tell them to talk to their JAG. (I have a long lineage of military in my family)

If this is a con the agent needs to lose their license if not also go to jail.

#448379 - 10/20/15 08:00 PM Re: best/worst short sale banks [Re: Scintillion]
Christine Lamb Offline

Loc: NJ - Nationwide
Not necessarily true. The larger conglomerates have so many layers of management which often complicates dealings. You're also likely to speak with a different individual each call, someone who's not familiar with your circumstance or past communication on your transaction. The larger institutions also have higher overhead so you see more costs associated and also stricter rules and more stringent guidelines. Sometimes it's the mid-size banks that get it just right.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Jewelreality, Stackout, alvaropaloma, agentJason, Joseph Conway
29067 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (Eshwar), 226 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Jhony 34
Daniel1234 32
Vermont 26
Z06Fanatic 16
rdayley 16
David Hunter 15
RonnieEmz 14
Neal M 13
C21Mr.May 13