Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28450783
No new orders today 13134507
Stupid MLS comments. 3339111
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1224004
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1099907
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1054603
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 843237
Let's talk about our cars 696286
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 621617
Most common items found at an REO 614780
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 612074
REOTRANS 460451
EML 459235
Main Street 441442
asset val seminar in colorado 421197
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 352330
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 327593
Evalonline 300209
Land America 285053
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#403795 - 03/22/12 03:11 PM Re: Bill Nasby's Door knocking training... WOW!!!! [Re: Erik Webster]
RealEstate Mike Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Thanks everyone for the insight, I am new to RE Sales and I am still in school and looking to start off running wheels down.

I am new to the RE game but not to sales, in my experience the keys to the success of any sales person is being genuine. Connect to those you can, do not spend too much time on those who won't budge and most of all remember, people do business with people they LIKE!

Advertisements
#403935 - 03/25/12 03:27 AM Re: Bill Nasby's Door knocking training... WOW!!!! [Re: RealEstate Mike]
Hunter 308 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Canada
Hey Little John,

Looks like you have gone full circle. Your original plan
was to door knock a area of 6000 homes, then you got lost
in the woods I suspect due to Lucky. It's okay to blame
Lucky, I do the same thing.

With the warmer weather finally here I'm planning to head
out this comming week. I dont have the balls to door knock
in the evening, mornings feel safer for me.

Bill's advice sounds solid, I have no idea how a person can
work from 9 - 5 in a different field and then start up their
real estate business in the evening. This business is a lot of
work and requires a lot of focused solid hours of work for results to be forthcoming. Plus i dont think a agent would really be "tuned in" to what is going on if he is not in the
trenches all day long. Sellers arent stupid and they can tell
it you are dialed in on your game or not.

We all want to see you beat Lucky.

Edited by Hunter 308 (03/25/12 03:29 AM)

#404004 - 03/26/12 06:02 PM Re: Bill Nasby's Door knocking training... WOW!!!! [Re: Erik Webster]
NC Broker Offline

Loc: USA
Starting to do this next week! Can't wait!!! I love door knocking!!! Beats the phones!

#404132 - 03/28/12 05:47 PM Re: Bill Nasby's Door knocking training... WOW!!!! [Re: Erik Webster]
Erik Webster Offline

Loc: Broward County, FL
Have 3 solid seller leads and 1 buyer lead from someone whos lease ends June 31st and has to stay in the same elementary school. The 50 contacts to leads ratio is panning out to be correct. I knock from 5:45 to 7:30 and do 15-20 contacts a night.

#404203 - 03/30/12 07:30 AM Re: Bill Nasby's Door knocking training... WOW!!!! [Re: Erik Webster]
Hunter 308 Offline
Veteran Member

You are getting good results and some healthy exercise. What does Bill want you to do between 9am and 5pm?

#410020 - 07/11/12 03:32 PM Re: Bill Nasby's Door knocking training... WOW!!!! [Re: Erik Webster]
Bay Area Brian Offline
Veteran Member

I thought I would reactivate this thread when I noticed the title while surfing. The reason is a new agent, the husband of one of my doctors office workers was in the waiting room when someone asked me a real estate question. I am currently in a state unlicensed while getting medical care from some real doctors, the doctors at UCSF tried to kill me twice and I am not going to give them another chance.

Anyway I told him door knocking and he turned green and lost interest, but I gave him my number and said we should have breakfast while I give him a free beginning course.He put the card in his pocket instead of the waste basket that he was glancing at.

About a month later he called after his wife chewed him out and said he was an idiot. He said his broker had told him I was a century out of date, i didn't know his market, and the fuller brush man was run out of business a long time ago. I just said would you like to have my bank account, or yours, or your brokers. He said his brokers, I said then do what he wants you to do and do as he does.

Just because I moved to a new state doesn't mean I quit real estate, I was an investor before I was a broker, and guess who showed up at a property I rehabbed to try for a listing.

He asked how I found the property and I told him the same way all us old dinosaurs do, door knocking. I will clear on this one deal what your hoping to earn all next year, how much did your brokers instructions make you? He said he could have made three times as much flipping burgers. He gets lesson one next week. Which is don't sneer at door knocking, Internet or not.

#410530 - 07/24/12 04:56 PM Re: Bill Nasby's Door knocking training... WOW!!!! [Re: Bay Area Brian]
Hunter 308 Offline
Veteran Member

The more things change the more they stay the same, I
enjoyed your story thank you.

I hope your new treatment is getting you stronger, not
having your health is real tough and no fun at all regardless
of how many homes you have sold.

#413238 - 09/23/12 09:49 AM Re: Bill Nasby's Door knocking training... WOW!!!! [Re: Erik Webster]
S. Florida Agent Offline

Loc: South Florida
Do you think door hangers would be a good idea for door knocking? if so any ideas of what it would say? thank you Thomas

#413767 - 10/02/12 05:07 PM Re: Bill Nasby's Door knocking training... WOW!!!! [Re: S. Florida Agent]
eternitybc Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC
I was browing through your site and I notice that the first question you ask when people open the door is "When are you folks planning to move?". So you actually use this? I find that a bit aggressive, and not sure it would work for me. i wouldn't be comfortable asking.

What do others say when they knowck on the door?

#413892 - 10/05/12 03:08 AM Re: Bill Nasby's Door knocking training... WOW!!!! [Re: Erik Webster]
Jason Dunford Offline

Loc: USA
You are excited about door knocking and i believe you should try it out.
No should tell you why it won't work.You better find out for yourself.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Askgauge, PPoe, Cesar, nethgerona1, philgore
30073 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (KandyC, 1 invisible), 43 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 32
Vermont 16
kirastan 15
estatereal 12
Gamin' Agent 10
sualk54 7
Mr. Clean 6
realtor12345 6
reolady123 6