Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28271352
No new orders today 13101861
Stupid MLS comments. 3276736
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1189486
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1061198
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1028224
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 822757
Let's talk about our cars 671010
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 602723
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 592430
Most common items found at an REO 576034
EML 459232
REOTRANS 440747
Main Street 419462
asset val seminar in colorado 407195
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 340447
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 306793
Evalonline 300191
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261859
Matched Content
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#425188 - 06/20/13 01:29 PM Re: IDX integration importance [Re: Joe Hayden]
Tom_Tiger Offline

Loc: Virginia
Well reading this forum, its easy to pick out the heavy hitters from those who piddle in real estate. Anyone making big money in real estate has an idx and most of the big boys have the full blown Platform.. not just IDX.. IDX is for beginners.. platforms are for those getting 50 to 100+ leads a day. Without a platform there is just no way to keep track.. Some platforms that I work with and I work with many building automation for them. The drip programs are getting so sophisticated it makes your head hurt.
Its very common now to have 150,000+ pages indexed on sites now. And you just cannot do that without indexing every single mls number as they come out. A huge amount of traffic comes from Just the MLS number indexing. And the first one to get indexed usually gets the worm.. in many cases when you index as soon as the listing comes out you can beat out Zillow and all the other big boys. Zillow does not play fair, as they index every single property in the tax data base.. so sometimes they appear to have indexed the property and its not even on the market yet. I recently did an experiment just to see what the effect of a nothing webiste right out of the box could do when nothing but MLS number wer e indexed... so I rented one of those 10 dollar Zillow sites that gives you a full blown idx and hooked it to a domain right out of hte box. Each day as the new MLS numbers come out, I would auto blog 10 of them each day posting one each two hours around the clock. I indexed over 8,000 pages in two weeks and average 40 to 50 visitors per day with on the average 1 form or phone call per day with one sale in 63 days.. not bad for a 10 dollar a day investment.. and the nice thing is the indexing is growing at about 300 pages indexing per day...with a very slow traffic climb each day. IF the rate continues I will be at 500 uniques per day in 6 months. Again not bad for no work and 10 bucks per monthy.
But the real money is in a platform.. with adwords, SEO, Crags list, daily blogging and social and the whoole bag of wax. Believe me I have years of experience trakcing the idx and platforms and the platform will always pay for itself 10x over... but then so will a good IDX.. but most basic IDX do not help you track all the stuff which is ok if you have the time to do it yourself. Heck I am running a ton of free adwords site here htt://52payperclick.com and most of my consulting is free.. I am retired and do it as a hobby. Oh by the way.. looks like idxbroker is finally coming around.. with a lot of new bells and whistles called Platinum... looks like they might pass Diverse Solutions now... course they do have about a thousand to 1 sites deployed.... some thing close to 1.7 million of those babies when I last checked..
And the platinum is selling like hot cakes.. up to $59 per month up from $39 but does have a lot of new stuff...

Edited by Tom_Tiger (06/20/13 01:35 PM)

Advertisements
#428297 - 09/13/13 08:36 AM Re: IDX integration importance [Re: Tom_Tiger]
Realtor Al Offline

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
I enjoyed your post, Tom. I have a few questions:

[list]
[*] What do you mean by 'platform?' Do you refer to CRM capabilities such as drip email capability integrated with other capabilities such as built-in blogging and idx?

[*] What do you mean by indexing each listing? I have a site I purchased from a vendor that has an integrated IDX with a feed from my MLS. I assume my vendor loads the entries it receives from the MLS into its local database which is what gets queried when a user searches on the site. It sounds like you're talking about creating a separate web page for each property in the MLS as it becomes available. Is that so? My MLS, and I would say most others would be the same, includes many more towns than I would be interested in. Wouldn't I just want pages for properties in towns I am covering?

[*] I would think that I could integrate drip email, etc. capabilities with my website with a CRM application. I know there are plenty out there. What do you think of that strategy?

[*]

#434439 - 03/21/14 06:53 PM Re: IDX integration importance [Re: Mike Bouma]
PropertyVentures Offline

Loc: Vagabonding
[quote=Mike Bouma]I wouldn't bother much with a website if I didn't have as many listings as possible on it. The majority of buyers couldn't care less about you, they want to view listings. If you're worried about competing with the big boys then find a niche and go after it and offer unique content regarding your niche. [/quote]

+1

#449262 - 12/07/15 08:20 AM Re: IDX integration importance [Re: ggl]
Adam Benedict Offline

Loc: St. Paul, MN, USA
I have been using Wolfnet but have not been satisfied with it. The maps sometimes don't work and they won't zoom in on neighborhoods in my area like it's supposed to. I have wordpress.

Do you have any suggestions on which IDX to use?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Non GMO CRE, Reguru1, Shaun225, Dr.Brim, james luis
29796 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (Muniart, 1 invisible), 70 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 72
Vermont 40
estatereal 15
Trouble 15
Flare616 13
RonnieEmz 12
Snapple 12
Logan Five 11
Analog Man 9