Investors United School of Real Estate Investing
Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityOne of the most popular online real estate communities consistently since 1998!

Good Ideas
Free Marketing Kit

How To Advertise Here

Sponsors
More Good Ideas!
Get Listed In The Realtor Directory

Internet Marketing Tips for Realtors

Build your brand on a Real Estate Site

Facebook
Sponsors
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#407574 - 05/29/12 01:31 AM Mike Ferry 90-day Production *****
Mike Burchyett Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
Starting the Ferry 90-day Production Schedule tomorrow. Goals for the first 30 days:

1. 2 hours of script practice/role play on Qualifying Script & Listing Presentation
2. 3 hours of prospecting, 20+ Just Listed/Just Sold contacts (may be tough until I get Mojo lead store set up in my area....they say within 2 weeks).
3. Preview 6-8 homes per day.
4. Knock on 2+ expired and 2+ FSBO doors per day
5. 4+ listing appointments and 2+ listings taken

Will post my daily activities and results. Since this is a holiday week, I'll work Tues-Sat this week, but plan on Mon-Fri every other week.

Mike Burchyett
mike@nashvillepropertyguide.com
615-481-8986

#407575 - 05/29/12 02:19 AM Re: Mike Ferry 90-day Production [Re: Mike Burchyett]
The7 Offline

Loc: Canada
It will be interesting and useful to read your results. Thanks for sharing

Edited by The7 (05/29/12 02:19 AM)

#407595 - 05/29/12 01:31 PM Re: Mike Ferry 90-day Production [Re: Mike Burchyett]
Kjmendy Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: London, Ontario
I'll be interested to follow your progress with this. Make sure you add updating this thread to your list of daily activities.

#407629 - 05/29/12 10:10 PM Re: Mike Ferry 90-day Production [Re: Mike Burchyett]
Mike Burchyett Offline

1st day......

Honestly I got started about 90 minutes late. Part of that was not pre-planning last night (lesson learned), part of that was I woke up about 30 minutes late. Won't be previewing property or knocking doors tonight due to final walk through and a prior afternoon appointment.

2.5 hours of Just Listed/Just Sold calls around my broker's new listings/closings in the last 7 days. BTW Whitepages.com has an awesome utility for this. 126 dials (by hand), 22 contacts, 1 lead, 1 preview appointment set.

.5 hours of Old Withdrawn Listing calls. 80 dials (using Mojo & data from RedX), 5 contacts, 0 leads.

Seems like it should be reasonable to get 20+ contacts in each day even dialing by hand. Can't wait until Mojo gets Tennessee phone numbers loaded in their Lead Store so I can use the auto-dialer for these.....I've seen people getting 20-30 contacts PER HOUR doing this (most conversations are 20-30 seconds long). I've also seen anywhere from 100-150 JL/JS contacts to generate an immediate appointment with a 30-90 day seller. This doesn't include lead follow-up.

Tomorrow's going to be a funky day. Have a closing at 10am, coaching call @ noon, and committed to helping a friend move in the afternoon. Hoping to get 1.5 hours of calls & 15 contacts in. Not sure if I'll have the energy to make calls in the evening.....will post results tomorrow.

#407630 - 05/29/12 10:24 PM Re: Mike Ferry 90-day Production [Re: Mike Burchyett]
Erik Webster Offline

Loc: Broward County, FL
By "preview" do you mean you are previewing properties that are currently listed.. or is it a two step to take a look at their home and then lock down a listing appointment?

#407631 - 05/29/12 10:42 PM Re: Mike Ferry 90-day Production [Re: Erik Webster]
Mike Burchyett Offline

This is going to be a "2-step" close, I think. The Mrs was on the phone with her neighbour when I called her neighbour. The one I called mentioned to her friend that an agent had just called, and she called me wondering if I had buyers looking in the area. We chatted, they're considering selling their home, and I set an appointment to look at it. Husband won't be there. I'd prefer a straight listing appointment, but she can easily get what she mentioned she'd like to get out of the property, so I think I have a good chance of locking her down for a listing appointment. I just sold a home in that subdivision at 98.8% of asking price in 4 days, so I know it'll sell if priced right.

#407656 - 05/30/12 12:13 PM Re: Mike Ferry 90-day Production [Re: Mike Burchyett]
NC Broker Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Mike Burchyett
Starting the Ferry 90-day Production Schedule tomorrow. Goals for the first 30 days:

1. 2 hours of script practice/role play on Qualifying Script & Listing Presentation
2. 3 hours of prospecting, 20+ Just Listed/Just Sold contacts (may be tough until I get Mojo lead store set up in my area....they say within 2 weeks).
3. Preview 6-8 homes per day.
4. Knock on 2+ expired and 2+ FSBO doors per day
5. 4+ listing appointments and 2+ listings taken

Will post my daily activities and results. Since this is a holiday week, I'll work Tues-Sat this week, but plan on Mon-Fri every other week.

Mike Burchyett
mike@nashvillepropertyguide.com
615-481-8986

I have the 90 day plan too... Its a really good way to get busy quickly and build momentum. You may want to focus on Expireds and FSBO's right now depending on your market place and build a solid salable listing inventory. Start calling expireds from 6 months to a yr back and set mojo to 2 lines at a time at most for these calls. You may want to set it to one call at a time for the latest expireds.

Who is your coach btw?

#407657 - 05/30/12 01:00 PM Re: Mike Ferry 90-day Production [Re: NC Broker]
Mike Burchyett Offline

[quote=NCBroker]

I have the 90 day plan too... Its a really good way to get busy quickly and build momentum. You may want to focus on Expireds and FSBO's right now depending on your market place and build a solid salable listing inventory. Start calling expireds from 6 months to a yr back and set mojo to 2 lines at a time at most for these calls. You may want to set it to one call at a time for the latest expireds.

Who is your coach btw?

[/quote]

My coach is Steve Vigil. I've got Mojo set up & RedX. I've got all the expireds from Jan 1 loaded, and June 1 will load the same for withdrawn properties. I plan on adding FSBO into the mix too. I've found at 8am (the earliest I'm comfortable calling) I'm late to new expireds, so I'm committed to door knocking as per the 90-day plan. There are maybe 5-10 agents consistently calling expireds, but I'm pretty sure no-one is visiting the ones with no phone number. Most are probably just resorting to mail outs, so I think it's a low-competition space. Will start knocking tomorrow afternoon - interested to see what the results will be.

#407666 - 05/30/12 05:14 PM Re: Mike Ferry 90-day Production [Re: Mike Burchyett]
Erik Webster Offline

I would be more than glad to do a daily role play with you and be your accountability partner.

Really we have nearly identical plans. You need to do 15-20 cold contacts via JL/JS and I need to do 15-20 cold contacts via door. You need to do 2-5 expireds a day... ditto for me.

I left you a voice mail. Give me a ring and we can do a daily morning roleplay via ooVoo (a video/voice chat client that I use with my training with the Nasbys)

If anyone who wants the 90 day production plan it is located here:

http://www.mikeferry.com/main/files/90%20Day%20Production%20Plan.pdf

#407693 - 05/30/12 10:20 PM Re: Mike Ferry 90-day Production [Re: Mike Burchyett]
Mike Burchyett Offline

Today's results......only called 1 hour due to a closing @ 10am, then helping a friend move this afternoon.

40 JL/JS dials
9 contacts
0 leads

3 FSBO calls
2 contacts
1 lead

P.S. I hate only being able to make 1 post every 5 minutes!!

Door knocking starts tomorrow. I'll post weekly numbers every Sunday evening.

#407748 - 05/31/12 03:38 PM Re: Mike Ferry 90-day Production [Re: Mike Burchyett]
Erik Webster Offline

Here is a inspiring video by neil schwartz where he talks about going door to door with expireds.

The expired portion starts at about 5 mins 20 seconds

http://neilschwartz.net/march-28-2011-sales-meeting-door-knocking/

His idea is that if you go during the morning / daytime and you visit 5 expireds over 240 work days per year, equals 1200 doors knocked. If 30% on average are home that would give you 360 contacts, 10% conversion would lead to 36 listings and 18-24 sold. Thats money.

#407773 - 05/31/12 11:55 PM Re: Mike Ferry 90-day Production [Re: Erik Webster]
ramanda Offline

Loc: MA
Thanks for posting that awesome vid Erik! I didn't get to go doorknocking today as had an emergency trip to the dentist for a crown which left my mouth swollen from novicane. Anyway will be back at it tomorrow. I wish i could actually doorknock all day long. If i could i would just do a farm area in the morning and then do previews and expireds in the afternoon while knocking around them. I think i would be in the six figure realm in no time. But alas i have to work mom hours. I also saw your blog and what you said about FSBO's. I so agree. Why spend the time trying to convince people who are grossly overpriced to not only reduce their price but pay you a commission as well at the same time as 20 other agents who are trying to do the same. I have just found them to be a waste of time. You are doing awesome so far. Sounds like you have to juggle your schedule like me. I am so excited to be able to have a door knocking buddy. No one i know does this.

#407778 - 06/01/12 02:50 AM Re: Mike Ferry 90-day Production [Re: Mike Burchyett]
Mike Burchyett Offline

Gah....part of this is for accountability. Let myself get caught up in "busy work" this morning and got started late on prospecting. Only 1.5 hours instead of 3. The afternoon, as seems to happen, went a little crazy. Had to show a listed condo, then the girlfriend came home sick, so took care of her instead of knocking doors or additional prospecting. Today's numbers:

JL/JS
34 calls, 7 contacts, 0 leads, 0 appointments

FSBO
5 calls, 2 contacts, 1 lead, 0 appointments

#407779 - 06/01/12 03:21 AM Re: Mike Ferry 90-day Production [Re: Mike Burchyett]
Thunderstruck Offline

Loc: Alabama
No on FsBo? What do you think? Rod Moser in the SELLING magazine speaks about the FSBOs being his favorite lead source. He was there at the prospecting school in Dec 2011, I listened in as he called FSBOs all day long for 2 days. he set 12 appointments in those two days, why? Remember, that was in DECEMBER. He said he has done better...lol. How many agents get 12 appointments all year long? He has learned to make them feel comfortable, he gives them value in the first 7-10 seconds. Then he ask them questions about their home, any upgrades...ect. His tone and and his smooth flow of words is quit good, he really has a conversation with them. He will chuckle from time to time. In 2011 he sold over 60 sixty homes, most were FSBOs. He listens and asks questions with loads of respect!!! The guy is really humble and it shows too. At the listing presentation he shows FSBOs on paper by the number his value and the MLS value in relation to buyers. Because he was getting appointmants, I copied him it works!

#407787 - 06/01/12 07:26 AM Re: Mike Ferry 90-day Production [Re: Mike Burchyett]
Scintillion Offline

Loc: Colorado, USA
Look forward to seeing your progress with this program, Mike. Good luck!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Sponsors

Newest Members
Tuna, Kirillysc, PropertyAttorney, nopqrs621758, OkieSmokey
26129 Registered Users
Who's Online
7 registered (Tuna, HChomat, JiminVA, REal Guy, 3 invisible), 143 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
David Hunter 51
Vermont 36
BrianMI 36
lucky 35
RAH 34
gitmonee 17
Bigtoe 16
75Corvette 16
fdegree 14