Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Good Idea!
The ultimate marketing tool

Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28269339
No new orders today 13101742
Stupid MLS comments. 3276643
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1189415
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1061105
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1028116
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 822581
Let's talk about our cars 670945
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 602695
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 592369
Most common items found at an REO 575889
EML 459232
REOTRANS 440725
Main Street 419405
asset val seminar in colorado 407144
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 340432
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 306760
Evalonline 300191
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261859
Matched Content
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#405337 - 04/20/12 03:00 PM Website Resources
WendyMorrisHomes Offline

Loc: Orlando, Fl
I have a blog on my website but should I post more content about Clermont foreclosures, short sales and bank owned real estate? I feel that maybe clients are turned off by the complexity of these sales but I am not sure if more info would turn them on or off since they do typically take more time and work than common sales.

Wendy Morris Realty
http://www.keenespoint.com/

Advertisements
#405361 - 04/21/12 01:12 AM Re: Website Resources [Re: WendyMorrisHomes]
manhattanscout Offline

Loc: New York, NY
Honestly I don't think that many people read those blogs. It's basically just content which is needed to feed google. So whatever you write just take care of having many keywords in them.

#405366 - 04/21/12 04:26 AM Re: Website Resources [Re: manhattanscout]
Altinkum Offline

Loc: Turkey
I tend to agree with manhattanscout. My experience is that people are really only interested in the listings.

#405501 - 04/24/12 07:53 AM Re: Website Resources [Re: WendyMorrisHomes]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Outer Banks
While it is true they come looking for property listings, serious buyers do actually read what you have on your site so be sure to have meaningful content that would appeal to your clients.

#405503 - 04/24/12 08:11 AM Re: Website Resources [Re: WendyMorrisHomes]
Kjmendy Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: London, Ontario
If you have a blog then you need to feed it regular updates. Nothing looks worse than coming to a website and finding that the last post was from over 1 year ago. It looks as if you are no longer a REALTORŪ.

So if you are going to have a blog make sure you update it with content or it may be harming you more than it's helping you.

#405508 - 04/24/12 08:41 AM Re: Website Resources [Re: WendyMorrisHomes]
David Marsha Offline

Loc: Discovery Gardens, Dubai, UAE
Serious buyers are always looking for information about your services and they want to know wither you'll come up as a good service provider or not. So try to become a leader in your industry utilize your blog as an authoritative voice which will only be attained if you write from buyers prospective.

#406131 - 05/03/12 02:46 PM Re: Website Resources [Re: WendyMorrisHomes]
Scintillion Offline

Loc: Colorado, USA
Blogging about relevant topics with a lot of cotent seems to be what mostly all of the experts agree is the way to go when it comes to marketing and explaining your business.

#406212 - 05/04/12 08:23 PM Re: Website Resources [Re: WendyMorrisHomes]
BillW Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
I would say listings are often what drive buyers to a site but the content in blogs eventually leads to the conversion to a lead. Just ensure the content you're writing doesn't dwell on key words that are beyond the scope that any normal person would understand.

Also, don't assume the user won't understand the complexity of the issue. Many people browse for several resources and you could be the 4th or 5th post. I'd think it's better to lean toward the complex versus coming off as to simple and the normal sales pitch.

#406229 - 05/05/12 07:01 AM Re: Website Resources [Re: WendyMorrisHomes]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Outer Banks
The original poster was asking about a blog attached to their website. This is the best kind of blog but you should put your best content up as static webpages and not as blog posts.

no consumer is going to wallow through the stupid system blogs have set up to find your best content. A blog post you wrote 3 years ago is lost to everyone but the search engines so keep the best stuff static with a menu link.

Edited by Bigtoe (05/05/12 07:01 AM)

#410276 - 07/18/12 03:30 AM Re: Website Resources [Re: Bigtoe]
Altinkum Offline

Loc: Turkey
Originally Posted By: Bigtoe
The original poster was asking about a blog attached to their website. This is the best kind of blog but you should put your best content up as static webpages and not as blog posts.
no consumer is going to wallow through the stupid system blogs have set up to find your best content. A blog post you wrote 3 years ago is lost to everyone but the search engines so keep the best stuff static with a menu link.

Since posting a comment on this thread earlier this year, I have been making more use of the blog on my website, and have been doing so in a way that coincides with this comment from Bigtoe.
I have some static pages which were originally going to be on my blog, but I realised that the information they contained wasn't going to change much over time and that it would be more useful and visible as a webpage.
I tend to use the blog for more news type information and personal observations not necessarily directly concerned with real estate but with the location, and can add updates as appropriate.

#410855 - 08/02/12 03:21 PM Re: Website Resources [Re: WendyMorrisHomes]
ducourtier Offline

Loc: Gatineau, Quebec
Post real content or else Google will remove you.

Even though people don't read blogs there are a majority that to. if you crappy content you will find yourself at the bottom of google with the best blog there is.

#433031 - 02/14/14 08:17 AM Re: Website Resources [Re: Bigtoe]
MyCupOfTea Offline

Loc: Arizona
Sounds right. Are you saying that blogs are for search engines but static pages are for both search engines and people?

#434438 - 03/21/14 06:51 PM Re: Website Resources [Re: WendyMorrisHomes]
PropertyVentures Offline

Loc: Vagabonding
Write about stuff that the people who are looking for the properties that you sell will be interested in.

If you put out solid content it can become "evergreen" and be a continuously popular resource, especially if you index it and create a "start here" page.

If you're marketing to families however your content strategy might be different, they may buy a house every 10 years and don't want to read screeds of blog posts. We market exclusively to investors and put out a podcast, articles and other resources.

We also market by email and folks have to register to see our listings, as investors they don't mind getting listings and articles delivered to their inbox, infact it means they don't have to go look for that stuff. Over time you build up a trust value from helping folks out and word of mouth becomes a powerful marketer on your behalf.

I could go on for hours about this stuff, but will leave it with you to think on. Message me if you'd like more ideas.

#434479 - 03/23/14 05:33 AM Re: Website Resources [Re: WendyMorrisHomes]
TRENDS Tony Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
To answer the OP's question, you should utilize both pages (that appear on your navigation) and blog posts. Create a page on your site that shows foreclosure/short sale listings in your target area and also create a page that explains and educates your visitors on foreclosure and short sale real estate, the process and what to expect.

So where does the blogging come in? Do follow-up posts every month or three months and report on how the foreclosure/short sale market has changed in Clermont since the year before or the month/quarter before. You can make separate blog posts about how it has changed in neighboring towns or suburbs. Give them stats, give them your expert opinion and link back to your foreclosure/short sale pages from your blogs.

We are a newer provider offering high-end template and custom websites for real estate agents. Your website is ready in seconds and integrates our custom IDX that you can control. Currently serving the Central FL area, visit the website for more details.

#435303 - 04/16/14 07:03 PM Re: Website Resources [Re: WendyMorrisHomes]
constructindia12 Offline

Loc: Hyderabad
Whenever you are posting content in your blog, i suggest you to post a fresh content rather than using the content from different websites.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Reguru1, Shaun225, Dr.Brim, james luis, Snapple
29795 Registered Users
Who's Online
4 registered (JohnN, Mr. G, 2 invisible), 31 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 74
Vermont 39
estatereal 18
Flare616 16
Trouble 13
Snapple 12
RonnieEmz 12
Lucky Leonardo 11
Logan Five 11