Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28357160
No new orders today 13124363
Stupid MLS comments. 3313038
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1208691
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1083405
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1043610
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 836609
Let's talk about our cars 682950
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 615299
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 604070
Most common items found at an REO 595194
EML 459233
REOTRANS 449501
Main Street 435308
asset val seminar in colorado 415754
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 347343
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 317654
Evalonline 300206
Land America 285053
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#404237 - 03/31/12 03:15 PM Mike Ferry Productivity School (w/ Matt Ferry) Review
ibsellin Offline

Loc: USA
So I just did the Mike Ferry Productivity School with Matthew Ferry in Herndon VA (Washington DC) and I liked it a lot. I've been hanging around (lurking mostly) Lucky's Thread on cold calling and ready to try it so I went and I was impressed with how much learning the scripts with Matt & role playing them with my fellow agents helps build confidence.

Overall, I'd give the experience a 9/10. The only part I did not like was the long sales sessions on the coaching, which Matthew warned us about with no apologies and presented as an opportunity to watch him sell the first time, however, he really pitched it at least a little every session.. also his routine, while hilarious, is a little less focused on learning & practice than I'd like, however, the jovial atmosphere it created made the time spent more enjoyable so it was probably a good trade off.

Apart from all that said, the only other part I did not like was the cult-like feeling I got from the Ferry coached agents. It is like their brain has been totally reprogrammed and Ferry is the way the truth and the light, nobody comes to settlement, except through them. I was trying to brainstorm with some agents about other ways to get business and what I do versus what they do and met this extreme resistance to anything that is not on the phone prospecting.. I'm like.. are you serious?

I totally 110% agree door knocking / calling types of prospecting are the most efficient and profitable dollar per hour activities a Realtor can undertake to get them to settlement, however, we have so many hours in the day and also when you're not calling nothing is working for you... however, any mention of automated email, online, or mail marketing met extreme opposition.. and it was kind of one of those hardline Republican/Democrat/Christian/<insert ideology> types of mentalities that seems to have permeated.. I want many income streams, not 1!

So Ferry tactics might be my #1 money maker after I master my scripts but why on earth would I give up #2-#10 if they make me money with a decent ROI? That's what I don't understand about the true Ferry agents' mentality..

Anyways, no coaching for now but maybe in the future, but I do want to get MULTIPLE role playing & accountability partners (possibly a group)?

I will definitely attend future Ferry events, hopefully with a.

Cliffs/Synopsis:

Scripts and subtle body position/gesturing/mirroring/tonality techniques were learned & practiced. Great!

Coaching was over-pitched however, no pressure was given from MFO (which seems slightly counter-intuitive), only other MFO agents. Not too terrible, but not my preference.

MFO agents were nice and eager to help, yet resistant to any new ideas... However, since they did not force me to nail my scrotum to my chair and drink a poisonous concoction (as I was fearing) while chanting "Just simply Sign the contract.. so I can help you what you want. in the time you want... won't that be great? Sign the contract" I can't complain too much.

Overall, 9/10 am considering doing prospecting school in Las Vegas in the coming months and possibly doing the intro coaching.

Advertisements
#404243 - 03/31/12 05:52 PM Re: Mike Ferry Productivity School (w/ Matt Ferry) Review [Re: ibsellin]
ibsellin Offline

Update.. 10 numbers dialed, 1 expired answered, several objections handled, 1 appointment set. lol awesome.

#404244 - 03/31/12 07:31 PM Re: Mike Ferry Productivity School (w/ Matt Ferry) Review [Re: ibsellin]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
You're not accountable for those that don't answer . . . . so you're batting 1000% !

Soon, you'll be doing the coaching !

#404297 - 04/02/12 12:08 PM Re: Mike Ferry Productivity School (w/ Matt Ferry) Review [Re: ibsellin]
NC Broker Offline

Originally Posted By: ibsellin
Update.. 10 numbers dialed, 1 expired answered, several objections handled, 1 appointment set. lol awesome.

Good job!

Glad you had a good time, I have always wanted to go to one of those... I have a lot of the Mike Ferry stuff and yes they do over sell the coaching a little bit, but that's their bread and butter. As a one on one coaching customer I also agree with you that its more cultist than most but there is good reason for that. Mike always says "have blind faith & 100% commitment and it will work". He is right but like you said there are other ways to pull in business too and I prefer not just to stop at prospecting. From my experience some of the agents put on blinders and forget about #'s 2-10 that give them business too. Personally, I like the IMSD stuff combined with prospecting. Also, if you look at the majority of the real estate programs/coaching & etc out there 90% are "based" at their core on Mike Ferry tactics like expireds, fsbo's, just listed/sold calls & keeping up with your COI (cough cough Brian Buffini). Different strokes for different folks.

I am always looking for accountability and role-play partners. If interested, PM me.

Also, the reason I am still in coaching is that my #'s have doubled each year that I have been in it. It's more of an accountability thing, Q/A than anything.

#404303 - 04/02/12 01:38 PM Re: Mike Ferry Productivity School (w/ Matt Ferry) Review [Re: ibsellin]
Kjmendy Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: London, Ontario
Thanks for the review, I might try to attend a session if they ever come to my area.

SoSo Ferry tactics might be my #1 money maker after I master my scripts but why on earth would I give up #2-#10 if they make me money with a decent ROI? That's what I don't understand about the true Ferry agents' mentality..

My thought on how they would justify that thinking would be: If activity #1 has the best ROI, then any time spent on #2 to #10 you would be losing money compared to spending the same time on #1.

Mind you if you where only doing #1 you might grow to hate it.

#404305 - 04/02/12 02:33 PM Re: Mike Ferry Productivity School (w/ Matt Ferry) Review [Re: Kjmendy]
NC Broker Offline

Originally Posted By: Kjmendy
Thanks for the review, I might try to attend a session if they ever come to my area.

SoSo Ferry tactics might be my #1 money maker after I master my scripts but why on earth would I give up #2-#10 if they make me money with a decent ROI? That's what I don't understand about the true Ferry agents' mentality..

My thought on how they would justify that thinking would be: If activity #1 has the best ROI, then any time spent on #2 to #10 you would be losing money compared to spending the same time on #1.

Mind you if you where only doing #1 you might grow to hate it.

^^^This... The way I see it you as the agent can focus on #1 and then your assistant can handle #2-10.

#404340 - 04/03/12 01:01 AM Re: Mike Ferry Productivity School (w/ Matt Ferry) Review [Re: ibsellin]
ibsellin Offline

no no no.. 2-10 cost me almost no time, or I would not do them, simply money. ROI refers to Commission ($) / Cost ($) not Commission ($) / Cost (hr).. that's a wage, not a ROI. So if I can spend $1000 on advertising every month that takes me no time but if it makes me a $10k commission check that is a 10 ROI, why would I stop? They think marketing doesn't work.. it does work.. it's just not as cost effective as something that is free. However, the more money you make, ... the less time.. and the more money.. you have to devote to lead gen.

my 2c.

#404355 - 04/03/12 11:58 AM Re: Mike Ferry Productivity School (w/ Matt Ferry) Review [Re: ibsellin]
NC Broker Offline

no no no.. 2-10 cost me almost no time, or I would not do them, simply money. ROI refers to Commission ($) / Cost ($) not Commission ($) / Cost (hr).. that's a wage, not a ROI. So if I can spend $1000 on advertising every month that takes me no time but if it makes me a $10k commission check that is a 10 ROI, why would I stop? They think marketing doesn't work.. it does work.. it's just not as cost effective as something that is free. However, the more money you make, ... the less time.. and the more money.. you have to devote to lead gen.

my 2c.

Got it. If 2-10 cost you no time, then do 1-10 and make more money???

#406556 - 05/10/12 02:43 PM Re: Mike Ferry Productivity School (w/ Matt Ferry) Review [Re: ibsellin]
callmisty Offline

Loc: VA, US
We must have been in the class together, as I was there too.
Had to laugh at your original post, felt the same way about a few things. I would love to be part of the accountability team if you're still thinking of doing it.
The MF agents I met were all great, however, all the non MF agents that I connected with and we talked about being accountability partners and role playing, not a single one got back to me!! Wow! Just like Matthew said.
I love to Prospect, but I am open minded about what works FOR ME and what does not, as well as what I am willing to do (will not knock on doors but would pay for ad space).
The one thing that gets me with Mike Ferry agents is this. THEY ALL MAKE $$$. Even if there are some that don't, the ones I met in Herndon all made 150+ deals last year. So somewhere someone is doing something right!! Can't argue with results. I would love to do the coaching but it's a bit steep for my newbie pocket right now.
If there are any Mike Ferry agents out there that need accountability (or like to pretend to be a drill instructor) I'm here! Eager to learn. :)

Misty

#406685 - 05/13/12 03:34 AM Re: Mike Ferry Productivity School (w/ Matt Ferry) Review [Re: callmisty]
NC Broker Offline

Originally Posted By: callmisty
We must have been in the class together, as I was there too.
Had to laugh at your original post, felt the same way about a few things. I would love to be part of the accountability team if you're still thinking of doing it.
The MF agents I met were all great, however, all the non MF agents that I connected with and we talked about being accountability partners and role playing, not a single one got back to me!! Wow! Just like Matthew said.
I love to Prospect, but I am open minded about what works FOR ME and what does not, as well as what I am willing to do (will not knock on doors but would pay for ad space).
The one thing that gets me with Mike Ferry agents is this. THEY ALL MAKE $$$. Even if there are some that don't, the ones I met in Herndon all made 150+ deals last year. So somewhere someone is doing something right!! Can't argue with results. I would love to do the coaching but it's a bit steep for my newbie pocket right now.
If there are any Mike Ferry agents out there that need accountability (or like to pretend to be a drill instructor) I'm here! Eager to learn. smile

Misty

Misty I am in One on One. PM me if you want to role-play and be accountability partners.

#408466 - 06/12/12 01:59 PM Re: Mike Ferry Productivity School (w/ Matt Ferry) Review [Re: ibsellin]
Sansoni Home Offline

Loc: Atlanta Georgia
One on one is great, and as long as your honest with your self and follow the system it works. The only problem I see is I never get to graduate. I am always grunt working.

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
locknmore, cdefgh120303, The Legacy Team, starfish11040, mannycro80
29912 Registered Users
Who's Online
3 registered (NextStep, C21Mr.May, estatereal), 70 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 46
Vermont 24
estatereal 21
VABroker 20
Trouble 15
Lucky Leonardo 14
jreal413 9
The Legacy Team 7
MissionJoe 7