Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28271787
No new orders today 13101893
Stupid MLS comments. 3276759
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1189513
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1061210
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1028238
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 822772
Let's talk about our cars 671064
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 602727
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 592450
Most common items found at an REO 576065
EML 459232
REOTRANS 440754
Main Street 419467
asset val seminar in colorado 407201
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 340452
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 306799
Evalonline 300191
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261859
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#345447 - 07/27/10 01:00 AM HOT TOPICS: Global Warming
Darlene Bitner Offline
Darlene B
Veteran Member

Loc: Texas Gulf Coast
We should be seeing some very interesting articles about global warming in the months ahead, especially if we have an active hurricane season. Let's post those here.

Edited by Darlene Bitner (07/27/10 01:00 AM)

Advertisements
#345448 - 07/27/10 01:20 AM Re: HOT TOPICS: Global Warming [Re: Darlene Bitner]
Darlene Bitner Offline
Darlene B
Veteran Member

Here's some facinating information about global warming. I read the review by Jeff Master on www.wunderground.com for this book on global warming by a leading expert. I don't know about the book but the book review was shocking. The two sides of global warming are very far apart. This review may make you want to rush out and buy this book. If not, the book review is worth reading.

The book is "Storms of My Grandchildren: The Truth About the Coming Climate Catastrophe and Our Last Chance to Save Humanity". The author is NASA climate change scientist Dr. James Hansen. Some believe he is a radical on the subject but read the review and see what you think. He is with NASA...so he has to be given some credibility.

http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/comment.html?entrynum=1557

Meanwhile, I will continue my search for a small park model home with the upgraded Thermal Zone 3 insulation package. With warmer temperatures, higher electrical bills, and the threat of losing our electricity when a hurricane hits, I will at least be as comfortable as possible without the A/C. I have a lot of reading to do on the higher insulation values. Check out this great web site on insulating a home. The recommended values for new construction are way higher than I realized. Am I reading the chart correctly? R-values in ceiling for Texas are R-38 and R-49? Someone needs to tell the builders. I think we are well under that now.

This article also addresses the issue of noise control, something I think should be considered with every new home or remodeling.

Just found this global warming information. This debate could go on for a number of years before an actual pattern is established that all can agree on.

http://www.thedailygreen.com/environmental-news/latest/global-warming-facts-myths-0409

Edited by Darlene Bitner (07/27/10 03:07 AM)

#345821 - 07/29/10 02:21 PM Re: HOT TOPICS: Global Warming [Re: Darlene Bitner]
sandmik Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
The one thing that can be agreed on it's weather and it's always changing.
Otherwise how can we explain the layers of changes in the soil,or the ice age.
I'll start believing that they can predict the future that far out when they can get the weather forecast right more than 2 days in a row.(LOL)Our severe weather evaporated in to the great Lake yesterday.
As for Radicals there on both sides.
I'm not concerned about saving someone 2,000 yrs from now -there seems to be little concern for saving millions of people suffering on this earth worldwide today-For the hot air and big bucks wasted we could be spending those dimes on vaccines, food, disease and in general making sure every human has electricity plumbing and running water- that alone would solve a lot of problems.
It seems for all the problems we do worry about say Insulating our home we end with more problems to solve on the other side -Mold and Lack of ventilation (air quality)
That's the human nature to create problems to solve. Just My Opinion!

#345855 - 07/29/10 04:02 PM Re: HOT TOPICS: Global Warming [Re: sandmik]
Darlene Bitner Offline
Darlene B
Veteran Member

You definitely have some good points. The home building process can be a home's worst enemy...slabs in older homes without enough rebar, condensation from space heaters in homes with inadequate heat, and other issues in older homes have shortened the life of these homes that could have been affordable housing. Now we have better technology which adds to the cost of the home.

Hopefully we have enough safeguards in this country to make sure that most folks have at least a minimally safe and clean place to live and so they don't end up on the street if they ask for help...even if it is only a shelter with hot soup. It is hard to work only on trying to fix immediate needs like homelessness, poverty, and illness without wanting to fix the cause of the problems to end the cycle...or at least slow it down a little. Some people volunteer for Habitat for Humanity to help a family have a good home now, while some sacrifice their own comforts and conveniences so there will be more for others when the time comes. One of those actions shows immediate results while the other may not show results for years. But all good movements start with a grassroots effort and I think the green movement is well on it's way. It's our grandkids we are helping...and yet 100 years from now seems like a long time off. If we stop and think about all the world's problems, our heads may explode because it is overwhelming.

Edited by Darlene Bitner (07/29/10 04:15 PM)

#349719 - 08/28/10 03:07 AM Re: HOT TOPICS: Global Warming [Re: Darlene Bitner]
Darlene Bitner Offline
Darlene B
Veteran Member

http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/comment.html?entrynum=1589

Follow this link, then scan down to the article about the opening of the Northeast Passage and the Northwest passage this summer for the fourth year in a row, both giving commerce new shipping options. Of even more interest is reading the reasons why the ice melted...it's not 100% what we though. Open or not, it couldn't be easy navigating those waters. It will take years to see the impact this melting will have on homes built near the coast.

#371799 - 04/06/11 06:56 AM Re: HOT TOPICS: Global Warming [Re: Darlene Bitner]
Lime Light Power Offline

Loc: NY, NY
[quote=Darlene Bitner]http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/comment.html?entrynum=1589

Follow this link, then scan down to the article about the opening of the Northeast Passage and the Northwest passage this summer for the fourth year in a row, both giving commerce new shipping options. Of even more interest is reading the reasons why the ice melted...it's not 100% what we though. Open or not, it couldn't be easy navigating those waters. It will take years to see the impact this melting will have on homes built near the coast. [/quote]

Unfortunately, there are a number of countries that are actually quite happy about this. If the passages remain permanently cleared, that means access to the oil under the water... Russia has been sniffing around and petitioning this for some time.

Ken

#401073 - 02/13/12 05:16 AM Re: HOT TOPICS: Global Warming [Re: Darlene Bitner]
Harrisk Offline

Loc: London
http://globalwarming-facts.info/50-tips.html

Guys read this must. This article covers very good solutions to stop global warming. By following some of them if not all we can contribute in stopping global warming process.

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
PMacpherson, Non GMO CRE, Reguru1, Shaun225, Dr.Brim
29797 Registered Users
Who's Online
5 registered (Brad, AML, Trouble, estatereal, RonnieEmz), 39 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 74
Vermont 39
estatereal 15
Trouble 15
Flare616 13
Snapple 12
Logan Five 11
RonnieEmz 10
Lucky Leonardo 9