Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Good Idea!
The ultimate marketing tool

Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28269339
No new orders today 13101742
Stupid MLS comments. 3276643
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1189415
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1061105
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1028116
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 822581
Let's talk about our cars 670945
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 602695
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 592369
Most common items found at an REO 575889
EML 459232
REOTRANS 440725
Main Street 419405
asset val seminar in colorado 407144
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 340432
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 306760
Evalonline 300191
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261859
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#375999 - 05/17/11 12:09 AM HOUSING FOR THE DISABLED
Darlene Bitner Offline
Darlene B
Veteran Member

Loc: Texas Gulf Coast
http://www.hygienicare.com/cost_information.html

I found this site while looking for some tiny housing sites. This trailer home is fantastic for those who have special needs. I was going to email them a "great job" type email but they are currently shut down due to funding. Sad, isn't it. Prices start at $45,000 for a basic home. I guess they will have to charge $300,000 to get any interest. I realize the issues involved in this type housing but this home is so well thought out from what I was able to tell from the video that it deserves a chance to be offered to those who need it...those who are still able to function in the workplace, who can work from home or who have other revenue sources. Also, I would think something like this that would save taxpayer money in the long run would be worth looking at by Medicare. Many people are in nursing homes who do not have to be if they had something like this.

I am not a doctor or a politician and may be making some emotional statements here before considering all the facts. Still, our government likes to spend money, not save it. I am sure this home is not maintenance-free but it would be a lot cheaper for everyone than a nursing home, especially when the person is young or is still very capable of contributing to the economy. Even if they can't work any longer, their quality of life in this trailer would be much better than the alternative. Maybe this could free up some space in a nursing home for those who need it and would allow for better care. I have no experience with nursing homes and would love some feedback on this topic.

Sometimes I wish I could make a lot more noise than I am able to do. I guess these folks feel the same way.

Advertisements
#399075 - 01/18/12 01:07 AM Med Cottage, a really great backyard home for an aging parent [Re: Darlene Bitner]
Darlene Bitner Offline
Darlene B
Veteran Member

Loc: Texas Gulf Coast
http://www.medcottage.com/press/68-washington-post

This link goes to a site featuring a neat little backyard cottage that can house an aging relative wanting some peace and quiet away from the loud grandkids and family squabbles...or whatever goes on in a normal family's main house. The senior will still be very close to the main house and will be able to come in as often as he or she desires. Some of the features are neat, like a camera that scans the floor. Read about it...the seniors have privacy but would easily be seen if they trip and fall. This cottage may not suit all situations but it would certainly be a wonderful choice for the not-so-active senior whose family wants them close.

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Reguru1, Shaun225, Dr.Brim, james luis, Snapple
29795 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (Venturepacific), 46 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 75
Vermont 39
estatereal 18
Flare616 16
Trouble 13
Snapple 12
RonnieEmz 12
Logan Five 11
Lucky Leonardo 11