Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Good Idea!
The ultimate marketing tool

Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28267745
No new orders today 13101598
Stupid MLS comments. 3276541
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1189280
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1061069
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1028059
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 822473
Let's talk about our cars 670855
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 602672
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 592256
Most common items found at an REO 575779
EML 459232
REOTRANS 440702
Main Street 419364
asset val seminar in colorado 407127
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 340415
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 306735
Evalonline 300191
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261859
Matched Content
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#398469 - 01/10/12 01:53 AM Molile sites and mobile marketing
SaltspringRE Offline

Loc: Gulf Islands BC
just upgraded my WPtouch to WPtouch pro $49 plugin for Wordpress sites. The thing is why up grade to mobile site unless I'm going to try and market to mobile users. Have been playing with QR code generator all day (it's slow here in Jan) very cool.

I found a free QR code generator that does not have a link back to the generator site. Thinking of laminating signs and putting them on all my lawn signs.

I just don't see the point of having a mobile site unless I going to promote it. Seems like a very low cost way to get the drive by traffic on my site.

Advertisements
#398545 - 01/11/12 03:28 AM Re: Molile sites and mobile marketing [Re: SaltspringRE]
katherine123 Offline

Loc: Connecticut
Hi,
Most of the mobile users go through web for getting the news of new launches in the market. I think, you have to promote your site. This will bring more leads than laminating and lawn signs.
If you are not having enough budget then start with SMO through social networking sites.

#398639 - 01/12/12 11:14 AM Re: Molile sites and mobile marketing [Re: SaltspringRE]
SaltspringRE Offline

You have missed the point. The point of sale display in this case if the actual house on the side of the road. Probably half the buyers still do drive bye viewings of homes before actually seeing a house. QR code will give them instant access to listing info.

Obviously one has to do SMO and promote site but this is an old fashion tie in. Like the old fm broadcasters and or sheet boxes without the hassle of filling the sheet box.

#398675 - 01/12/12 08:57 PM Re: Molile sites and mobile marketing [Re: SaltspringRE]
SaltspringRE Offline

Up date I have signed up with http://delivr.com/ on their free plan. I was going to track the codes with google analytics on a landing page but their system is easy, simple and free.

Out of all the sites I checked and reviews they seem to be the best. Microsoft Tags is cool but closed source will probably not go big.

I will be putting QR code on all my card and sign.

#399507 - 01/23/12 11:42 AM Re: Molile sites and mobile marketing [Re: SaltspringRE]
LegalLawMaster Offline

Loc: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US...
A "mobile site" just gives people looking up information on their cell phones a cleaner way to access your website. Many times if sites are built using tables or improper CSS code, they will display wrong. I would consult your webmaster to design a site specific to mobile browsers or even redirect users to a simple "splash" page. You can insert a javascript code into your homepage which will automatically register mobile browsers and move the user accordingly to your new mobile friendly site.

I would not be concerned that you are marketing to mobile users but that more and more people are using mobile devises to access your website.

#399565 - 01/24/12 07:32 AM Re: Molile sites and mobile marketing [Re: SaltspringRE]
WBC MObile Apps Offline

Loc: Ontario Canada
How about an app designed for mobile phones that link to your site and IDX link if you have it? Check out www.workingbusinesscard.com

#399590 - 01/24/12 12:37 PM Re: Molile sites and mobile marketing [Re: SaltspringRE]
doug Offline

Admin
Veteran Member

Loc: Canada
SaltspringRE - http://delivr.com/ looks like a good resource. I think that QR codes on listing signs is a great way to make the listing info available. Have you found a quick and easy and weatherproof way to slap a QR code onto a sign?

I highly doubt many will be surfing real estate sites on mobile devices - screens are just too small. They would do it on a computer instead. They would be looking up specific listing information on a property that catches their eye on their mobile device though and QR codes are the way to go!

Increase Your Search Positions By Building Your Brand Online And Offline

Proven effective Branded Content Marketing For Realtors - Exclusive Areas Available.

18 years as a practitioner of SEO.

#399593 - 01/24/12 12:53 PM Re: Molile sites and mobile marketing [Re: doug]
doug Offline

Admin
Veteran Member

I don't know if this would work for printing off QR codes for individual listing signs - http://www.onlinelabels.com/Products/OL475WJ.htm?measureunit=decimals - says they are weatherproof.

Has anyone tried something like this?

Increase Your Search Positions By Building Your Brand Online And Offline

Proven effective Branded Content Marketing For Realtors - Exclusive Areas Available.

18 years as a practitioner of SEO.

#400745 - 02/08/12 05:37 PM Re: Molile sites and mobile marketing [Re: SaltspringRE]
realyte Offline

Loc: CA, USA
A website that is built correctly should be fully viewable on mobile devices such as iphones, ipads, and such.
There are several things you want to avoid to make your website mobile friendly.
Here are just a couple.
1. Do not use Flash - Flash is not viewable on most mobile devices and even if it would be, it would slow down the viewing experience.
2. Avoid large files - bandwidth on mobile devices is usually lower than on wired networks.

#401002 - 02/11/12 07:10 PM Re: Molile sites and mobile marketing [Re: SaltspringRE]
RussReynolds Offline

Loc: Varies
Regarding the actual marketing, what about this...

You put QR codes on the for sale signs. When a prospect scans they get taken to a mobile virtual tour.

Pretty typical right? What if you add this twist...

Exact same scenario except when the scanner scans you get a text message to your phone saying 'Someone with the phone number 555-555-1212 is looking at the virtual tour for 1212 Main St. right now'.

You give them 5 minutes to watch the tour and they you phone them and ask if they'd like to see the place. Pretty slick. Might get you a double commission if they aren't under agency agreement already.

AND you can put these on your magazine ads as well. Somebody is sitting in starbucks looking at your ad and scans. Bam, you get a text with their phone number.

This is pretty easy to do nowadays if you know how but the point is that it makes an actual lead generation machine rather than just a nice to have.

#401069 - 02/13/12 04:36 AM Re: Molile sites and mobile marketing [Re: RussReynolds]
ibsellin Offline

Loc: USA
has anyone, in the history of QR codes, actually scanned a QR code except for 1 or 2 times to see how they worked? I guess the same people scan QR codes as the ones that would check in at your open house on foursquare and then tweet it to their friends and snap a pic of living room, write a snarky comment and upload it to tumblr?

#401084 - 02/13/12 07:50 AM Re: Molile sites and mobile marketing [Re: ibsellin]
RussReynolds Offline

[quote=ibsellin]has anyone, in the history of QR codes, actually scanned a QR code except for 1 or 2 times to see how they worked? I guess the same people scan QR codes as the ones that would check in at your open house on foursquare and then tweet it to their friends and snap a pic of living room, write a snarky comment and upload it to tumblr? [/quote]

I am not sure about you but if I am driving by a house that I am genuinely interested in and I see a QR code that promises more information, I am scanning it.

It's a low key way for people who are genuinely interested to learn more. I wouldn't care if most people didn't scan it; if some genuinely interested people did and I now have their contact information, that's a step in the right direction.

And they are free. I don't see the downside.

PS - lots of people scan QR codes; you are not necessarily your customer.

Edited by RussReynolds (02/13/12 07:51 AM)

#401599 - 02/18/12 03:05 PM Re: Molile sites and mobile marketing [Re: SaltspringRE]
SaltspringRE Offline

Hi Russ

How could you call someone if they scan your QR code? The QR code systems are not that exact that they will give your their mobile number. At least the ones I have looked into. Maybe there is a way that this would work I have not seen it.

QR codes are hot I have put in on all my cards, print ads and signs.

In WP it's easy to make a clean mobile landing page.

#401629 - 02/18/12 10:57 PM Re: Molile sites and mobile marketing [Re: SaltspringRE]
RussReynolds Offline

[quote=SaltspringRE]Hi Russ

How could you call someone if they scan your QR code? The QR code systems are not that exact that they will give your their mobile number. At least the ones I have looked into. Maybe there is a way that this would work I have not seen it.
[/quote]

I purchased a plugin that is able to do exactly this. When a person scans a QR code you get a text message (and a phone call if you like) stating that:

'somebody with the phone number 604-555-1212 is looking at property #1234 right now'.

And you can call them back if you wish. It really takes QR codes from a passive marketing approach to an active one. I wouldn't use it for your business cards but you can use it for your signs/magazine ads etc.

It's actually a wordpress plugin that is no longer for sale but I have a license for it - pm me if you want details.

#406916 - 05/17/12 12:01 PM Re: Molile sites and mobile marketing [Re: SaltspringRE]
JCriswell Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
Just from a tech side of things. I think that mobile marketing with mobile apps and mobile websites are extremely efficient.

As a matter of fact, I work for a company that develops websites, mobile websites, and mobile apps, for the iPhone, iPad and Android mobile platforms, and I'm finding that our clients are having more success and visitors with their mobile websites and mobile apps than the are with their traditional websites.

With advancement's in mobile technologies, almost everyone uses their mobile devices to quickly access information from the internet on the fly.

With that said, I think having some kind of mobile solution such as a mobile website, or a mobile app can really be a game changer in today's market. Although, it's not simply enough to just "have a mobile website/app" it has to be well designed and highly functional or today's "instant" generation will lose interest before getting to the "meat and potatoes" of what you're about.

Just my .2

Jeff Criswell, Account Manager
GeekStorage.com

#409458 - 07/01/12 02:06 AM Re: Molile sites and mobile marketing [Re: SaltspringRE]
smartdept Offline

Loc: California
I've thought a lot about QR Codes for my mobile marketing start-up. At the end of the day, I offer them. But, I believe Text Message Marketing is much better. Instead of putting a QR Code in your ad, why not put the number for your Text Message Marketing List and tell people to simply dial it to subscribe to New Listing Alerts. It creates more value to add someone as a subscriber and be able to repeatedly notify them whenever you have a new listing. Include a link to your mobile website in your text message blasts for people to get more information on the latest listing. Anyway, I think I've created the perfect system to do this.

Here is an example of what I'm talking about – http://smartdepartment.net/example-ventura-beach-homes/

Good luck out there!

Kindest regards,

AC
Founder - SmartDepartment

#411612 - 08/21/12 12:20 PM Re: Molile sites and mobile marketing [Re: SaltspringRE]
savvymoney Offline

I once had a client that for his business he created a mobile website that looked completely different from his regular website.

It had a lot of call to actions which can make it much easier for the client to buy now type of thing.

#411926 - 08/28/12 04:18 AM Re: Molile sites and mobile marketing [Re: JCriswell]
Mobile Sites Offline

Loc: Pitt Meadows, BC, Canada
Well all I can say here is Google states that 55% of all local searches are done on a mobile device and this is increasing rapidly......A mobile site is a must since 99% of sites are not mobile friendly and require zooms and scrolling left to right which to me is a pain......Why not have a site like this one.....
All it takes is a java code to redirect all mobile users to your mobile site.....

Tell me what you think......Load this on your cell phone....
http://send-me-to.net/MobileDemo/tid-agent
All The Best,
Greg

Edited by Mobile Sites (08/28/12 04:22 AM)

#414023 - 10/07/12 05:39 PM Re: Molile sites and mobile marketing [Re: Mobile Sites]
realwebs Offline

Loc: USA
[quote=Mobile Sites]Well all I can say here is Google states that 55% of all local searches are done on a mobile device and this is increasing rapidly......A mobile site is a must since 99% of sites are not mobile friendly and require zooms and scrolling left to right which to me is a pain......Why not have a site like this one.....
All it takes is a java code to redirect all mobile users to your mobile site.....

Tell me what you think......Load this on your cell phone....
http://send-me-to.net/MobileDemo/tid-agent
All The Best,
Greg [/quote]

Mobile website is a must. There is no doubt about it. I develop mobile websites and love every minute of it. However, at the present time people use desktop computers more to make searches on Google. Serious searches are mostly done on desktop computers at the present time.

#416945 - 12/15/12 01:13 PM Re: Molile sites and mobile marketing [Re: SaltspringRE]
ShowmiBrochures Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
Mobile web traffic has now actually surpassed desktop traffic. And that has only occurred over the span of about 4 years. It's absolutely tremendous how far mobile has come in such a short time.

Realtors can no longer ignore mobile when they're trying to reach the widest audience. We need to address the buyer on every front, which means mobile web and mobile presentations designed specifically for the tablet (iPad, Nexus 7, etc) and phone (iPhone, Galaxy SIII, etc).

While we won't be able to build our own custom apps, there are plenty of templates out there designed to get you onto mobile devices without pain.

But just think how custom iPad / mobile property brochures and flyers can help you sell more (and at a higher price point) than typical printouts. It's a new world, and the quickest realtors to embrace mobile will see some huge returns.

#419958 - 02/09/13 07:17 PM Re: Molile sites and mobile marketing [Re: SaltspringRE]
Listing Scout Offline

Loc: Palo Alto, CA
Utilizing 'Responsive Design' is the best way to have a mobile site. Using m.yoursite.com or .mobi domains is not a good way of doing this. At Listing Scout (https://listingscout.com) we made sure that every single page on our site, both from end and back end are accessible via any size device. This doesnt mean that your site 'looks ok' on a mobile phone, it means that your site uses media queries to determine the size of the device, and modifies the layout on the fly using separate styles.

For an example, go to https://listingscout.com, and change the size of the window by dragging it larger and smaller. You can see that the content is identical, but its just displayed more appropriately for each size. (Think 1. computer, 2. tablet, 3. phone)

#434440 - 03/21/14 06:58 PM Re: Molile sites and mobile marketing [Re: SaltspringRE]
PropertyVentures Offline

Loc: Vagabonding
You're not marketing to "mobile users" - you're marketing to people who have a mobile phone. This is important.

As for design, there are two approaches:
1. Responsive CSS
2. A separate template depending on the browser.

#1 is sexy and popular, it's also a bit tricky and you have to know your stuff or have someone else who does. #2 is not the flavor of the year but works just as well - remember the users does not care how your site works, they only care about themselves :-)

#435450 - 04/21/14 11:19 AM Re: Molile sites and mobile marketing [Re: SaltspringRE]
Vishal Desai Offline

Loc: Texas
Mobile is going be future of all business. we are in process of create mobile website.

Thanks,
Vishal

#437116 - 06/24/14 07:40 PM Re: Molile sites and mobile marketing [Re: SaltspringRE]
Mike Vali Offline

Loc: Colorado,USA
i think so you can check this link foe qr code history http://www.qrcode.com/en/history

#440956 - 11/20/14 05:12 AM Re: Molile sites and mobile marketing [Re: Listing Scout]
mark010 Offline

Loc: CA
[quote=Listing Scout]Utilizing 'Responsive Design' is the best way to have a mobile site. Using m.yoursite.com or .mobi domains is not a good way of doing this. At Listing Scout (https://listingscout.com) we made sure that every single page on our site, both from end and back end are accessible via any size device. This doesnt mean that your site 'looks ok' on a mobile phone, it means that your site uses media queries to determine the size of the device, and modifies the layout on the fly using separate styles.

For an example, go to https://listingscout.com, and change the size of the window by dragging it larger and smaller. You can see that the content is identical, but its just displayed more appropriately for each size. (Think 1. computer, 2. tablet, 3. phone) [/quote]

Hey buddy, any chance your product integrates w/ IDX or does the agent have to manually input each listing?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Shaun225, Dr.Brim, james luis, Snapple, Rockin m
29794 Registered Users
Who's Online
3 registered (Muniart, Shaun225, 1 invisible), 44 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 80
Vermont 41
estatereal 19
RonnieEmz 17
Flare616 16
Trouble 15
Snapple 12
Mr. Clean 11
Logan Five 11