Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28357208
No new orders today 13124365
Stupid MLS comments. 3313041
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1208693
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1083405
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1043612
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 836609
Let's talk about our cars 682950
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 615299
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 604070
Most common items found at an REO 595196
EML 459233
REOTRANS 449501
Main Street 435308
asset val seminar in colorado 415754
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 347343
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 317655
Evalonline 300206
Land America 285053
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#389653 - 09/18/11 04:28 AM Started my Schedule of Door Knocking and hitting the Phones
green2gold88 Offline

Loc: Whittier, CA
Let me start off my saying I'm very new and have yet to close a deal except a small warehouse lease.

This week I knocked on 400 Just Listed Doors and made 500 calls. I picked up 1 strong buyer and 1 iffy buyer from doors also 1 iffy buyer from the phones.

I have yet to encounter a door that says "Yes I want to sell my house". I'm getting a lot of "Oh I know of somebody that is looking right now and I'll let them know about you". I am asking for those interested buyers phones #'s but most are reluctant to give them out.

Out of 100 doors per day I have been contacting appox 35 people. Out of 100 calls per day I have been contacting approx 7 people.

It's my goal to hit 50 contacts per day and still have time to practice my scripts which I have been doing every morning from 8:30am to 9:00am this week. I have been totally beat by the end of the day. And then it's time to go pick up my 1 and 4 year old and oh yeah spend and 1 hour or two with the wife.

Am I on the right track?? I feel like I should have a listing by now but it seems like I'm getting buyers. How do my numbers look to you guys? I don't have a scale to compare them too. So I'm flying blind until I get some input here. Thanks a lot because this forum has helped me tremendously (even though I haven't closed a deal yet).

Advertisements
#389676 - 09/18/11 05:57 PM Re: Started my Schedule of Door Knocking and hitting the Phones [Re: green2gold88]
Bay Area Brian Offline
Veteran Member

Yes, you are on the right track, being active instead of hanging out at the office on a several hour coffee break.

I have several suggestions but it would be helpful to know where your market place is so add a city to your profile, who knows you might even get a referral from an agent using this site if they are looking for someone in whenever you are. Saying California is just a little better then saying USA.

Just listed is fine but what approach did you use and what did you do besides just knock on the door? Get it down pat and you can transfer this activity to an assistant in the future.

#389696 - 09/18/11 11:37 PM Re: Started my Schedule of Door Knocking and hitting the Phones [Re: Bay Area Brian]
VABroker Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Virginia
Wow! With 100 calls per day, I'd think you'd have the script down by now. Miracles don't happen overnight.

#389715 - 09/19/11 02:53 AM Re: Started my Schedule of Door Knocking and hitting the Phones [Re: green2gold88]
Hunter 308 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: green2gold88

I picked up 1 strong buyer and 1 iffy buyer from doors also 1 iffy buyer from the phones.

Your being a bit hard on yourself, you have a client to service, this is very good. Stick with the 50 people a day
for 3 weeks and then get back to us with a report. I did this
myself during a major recession and I made a decent living.
Ask Brian about "Warm" door knocking/phones work. When you wake up in the morning just do your 50 contacts, inspect a home or two and throw in some foolow up calls. In time you
will realize that you dont really have to do 50 but its a good
number that will get you going and you should be tired at the end of doing these activities, they take a lot of energy and you will be too tired to worry about things..

#389717 - 09/19/11 03:23 AM Re: Started my Schedule of Door Knocking and hitting the Phones [Re: green2gold88]
jsteinhomes Offline

Loc: Montgomery County, PA
I'm not the door-knocking type, but I feel this is something that I need to begin incorporating into my repertoire. When is the best time of day to do in your opinion? What do you leave if no one is home so that they know you were there?

#389787 - 09/19/11 08:41 PM Re: Started my Schedule of Door Knocking and hitting the Phones [Re: green2gold88]
RealtyPlug Offline

Loc: St. Louis, MO
Just curious... are you blogging, and marketing online too? I'd be curious to compare the two efforts (online vs. face-to-face) and see which has the best results.

#389791 - 09/19/11 09:22 PM Re: Started my Schedule of Door Knocking and hitting the Phones [Re: RealtyPlug]
lindenmoe Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: jersey city
thats awesome, keep going...mix in some calls....
dont worry about the results...

#389792 - 09/19/11 09:25 PM Re: Started my Schedule of Door Knocking and hitting the Phones [Re: jsteinhomes]
green2gold88 Offline

@ JBSNADB
Since I'm doing Just Listed Doors I'm leaving a Client Brief report with some quick to the point verbiage "Hello! This nice home on Main and 1st just listed for sale. If you know of anybody that would like to move into the neighborhood please have them contact me.

Also, when you are ready to get the most for your home when your ready to sell please contact me for a FREE Market Analysis.

Sincerely,

Then I staple my business card to it. I usually start at 9:30am and finish about 12:15pm. This morning I had 28 contacts and 1 lead that wants to buy a house nearby that she wants me to look into.

@ Bay Area Brian
Literally this is what I'm saying. A home just listed down the street on Scott. It's a 3 bedroom 2 bath and it's selling for $349k. I was wondering if you know of anybody that wanted to move into the neighborhood. (Then I shut up & listen). They say nobody at this time. Then I tell them I've checked it out myself it has hardwood floors it hasn't been upgraded too much and just really needs paint. It' perfect for a 1st time buyer with kids or about to have kids especially since Scott and Granada schools are close by (This is where they all agree). I hand them my flyer of the house with business card attached and tell them that if they happend to speak to somebody in passing who is looking to buy please let them know about it. Then I tell them my office is right next to Trader Joe's on the Blvd so they get the visual of where I'm at and that association. I thank them and then I'm off to the next house. Out of my 30ish contacts I usually get 1 or two door slamming I'm not interested type people.

I'm in Whittier CA and will update my profile. Thanks for the input Brian also could I pm you and ask you about Warm Doors and Warm Calls?

@ Hunter308
Thanks for words of encouragement it help to know I'm on the right track. Especially right before I open my door and step out for my first door in the morning. I compare it to jumping in a pool you know is cold. After your in the water if fine.

@ RealtyPlug
I have a WP Website and put some work into it months back but I fell off the horse because I did not see any response at all. I was just blogging about stuff in and around my city. We do have a social media guru and I was following everything he said to do but I just fell off the horse like I said.

Edited by green2gold88 (09/19/11 10:06 PM)

#389794 - 09/19/11 09:33 PM Re: Started my Schedule of Door Knocking and hitting the Phones [Re: green2gold88]
lindenmoe Offline
Veteran Member

Originally Posted By: green2gold88
Since I'm doing Just Listed Doors I'm leaving a Client Brief report with some quick to the point verbiage "Hello! This nice home on Main and 1st just listed for sale. If you know of anybody that would like to move into the neighborhood please have them contact me.

Also, when you are ready to get the most for your home when your ready to sell please contact me for a FREE Market Analysis.

Sincerely,

Then I staple my business card to it. I usually start at 9:30am and finish about 12:15pm. This morning I had 28 contacts and 1 lead that wants to buy a house nearby that she wants me to look into.

ooohhh thats whats happening..just listed is a buyer orientated script...

its for buyers..

to get listings..you must use just sold scripts...

and if you are going to leave a flyer..you must make it powerful enough to work..

try..huge headline
"FIND OUT WHAT THE HOME DOWN THE STREET JUST SOLD FOR..AND HOW IT AFFECTS..YOUR VALUES"

"WARNINgG- FIND OUT WHAT YOUR HOME IS WORTH>>IN TODAYS ECONOMY_THE MARKET HAS CHANGED"

dont use market analysis or any me too words that other realtors use..because its like saying im #1..they heard it and its old...

if you are a seller.. and you get a flyer that says

free cma..call me

or you got something that said..

WARNING-FIND OUT THE 3 MOST DANGEROUS TRENDS AFFECTING OUR AREA HOME VALUES TODAY-
call for your free report no cost or obligation..

which one grabs you by the throat?

#389798 - 09/19/11 10:03 PM Re: Started my Schedule of Door Knocking and hitting the Phones [Re: lindenmoe]
green2gold88 Offline

lindenmoe
That completely makes sense as to why I'm picking up buyers. (Hitting forehead) Yes I can see the difference of using a better door flyer. My flyer is weak compared to what you mentioned. I will also use my Just Sold Script in conjunction with my new flyer. This is good because I was wondering what I should use the 2nd time I go through the areas I'm door knocking. NowI know I can use the Just Sold script or vice versa. How does that sound ? And thanks for you post today and the ones I've been reading.

Edited by green2gold88 (09/19/11 10:05 PM)

#389812 - 09/20/11 02:15 AM Re: Started my Schedule of Door Knocking and hitting the Phones [Re: green2gold88]
jsteinhomes Offline

Loc: Montgomery County, PA
Out of curiosity, is the home you are referencing on your flyer a listing of yours or another agent's in the office? I only ask, because, frankly, I don't have any listings on the market at the moment. I'd love to know.

#389820 - 09/20/11 03:04 AM Re: Started my Schedule of Door Knocking and hitting the Phones [Re: jsteinhomes]
lindenmoe Offline
Veteran Member

Originally Posted By: jbsnadb
Out of curiosity, is the home you are referencing on your flyer a listing of yours or another agent's in the office? I only ask, because, frankly, I don't have any listings on the market at the moment. I'd love to know.

you've still got awesome options

1. ask your broker can you promote office listings
2. approach some reo brokers in your area ask them would they like some freee advertising
3. we are all allowed to promote any and all hudhomes even if listed by a listing agent from another company
4t. the best options..advertise list of properties

examples..
PUBLIC NOTICE-FREE LIST OF OUR AREA BANK FORECLOSURES WITH PICS DETAILS ADDRESSES
FREE community service
no cost or obligation

FREE LIST OF OUR AREA NEW CONSTRUCTION HOMES SAVE 1,000's
NO COST OR OBLIGATION..

NEW OUR AREA VIP FREE HOMEHUNTER SERVICE NOW LETS YOU
SHOP EVERY HOUSE WITH CLICK OF A MOUSE

#4 will generate more buyer leads than any amount of listings combined...

#390067 - 09/22/11 06:41 PM Re: Started my Schedule of Door Knocking and hitting the Phones [Re: green2gold88]
Bay Area Brian Offline
Veteran Member

G2G88

Don't buy the just listed door knocking is a buyer lead activity. All door knocking is a buyer, seller, or referral activity at the same time. If your just focusing in on one, change your script or add to it.

I hate to post the script because many agents that I trained in the past are still using them today. I once told the story, here I think, about how my board asked me to speak about listing fsbos, I was the fsbo king in my market place at time. Well I gave a detailed talk to a standing room only crowd, then went on vacation. When I returned I hit my first fsbo and the owner huffed something about I was the umpteenth agent giving him that same pitch, and did we all just graduate from some kind of agent sales school and got the same basic response from the next few.

I then needed to modify my approach but fsbo listings dropped for me for a period. Next time the board asked, I said only if I'm selling it, and the ticket won't be cheap. And those I trained knew to keep it to themselves. There is the same danger here of it being picked up and overused in the same marketplace. I hate to compete agains "myself" for no good reason. Only good thing is this is an activity 99% of agents will avoid.

I didn't think of it, the man I call my mentor had a talk with me and made me think about it. He started in California in 1909 so I like to say I have over a hundred years of experience. It worked in 1909 and it can work today. It's ok to pm me, maybe I can help a little, hopefully.

#390108 - 09/23/11 01:08 AM Re: Started my Schedule of Door Knocking and hitting the Phones [Re: Bay Area Brian]
lindenmoe Offline
Veteran Member

Originally Posted By: Bay Area Brian
G2G88

Don't buy the just listed door knocking is a buyer lead activity. All door knocking is a buyer, seller, or referral activity at the same time. If your just focusing in on one, change your script or add to it.

I hate to post the script because many agents that I trained in the past are still using them today. I once told the story, here I think, about how my board asked me to speak about listing fsbos, I was the fsbo king in my market place at time. Well I gave a detailed talk to a standing room only crowd, then went on vacation. When I returned I hit my first fsbo and the owner huffed something about I was the umpteenth agent giving him that same pitch, and did we all just graduate from some kind of agent sales school and got the same basic response from the next few.

I then needed to modify my approach but fsbo listings dropped for me for a period. Next time the board asked, I said only if I'm selling it, and the ticket won't be cheap. And those I trained knew to keep it to themselves. There is the same danger here of it being picked up and overused in the same marketplace. I hate to compete agains "myself" for no good reason. Only good thing is this is an activity 99% of agents will avoid.

I didn't think of it, the man I call my mentor had a talk with me and made me think about it. He started in California in 1909 so I like to say I have over a hundred years of experience. It worked in 1909 and it can work today. It's ok to pm me, maybe I can help a little, hopefully.

i'll say it again..just listed is a buyer orientated script..its why the op is picking up buyers instead of sellers...duuuh

if its not working as intended change something..
that goes for anything in life..

not healthy change somthing..
not enough sellers change something..

#390333 - 09/26/11 05:13 PM Re: Started my Schedule of Door Knocking and hitting the Phones [Re: lindenmoe]
green2gold88 Offline

Bay Area Brian
Lindenmoe

I lead in with the Just Listed but transition over to asking when they plan on moving etc. And I have handy the info on any homes close by that have sold are pending or just listed. Usually they are curious about whats going on around them of course.

Out of the hundreds of doors and contacts I've made I finally got somebody last week that said they wanted to sell but only for $35k more then the neighborhood is selling at. I'm working on trying to get them to list with me. I also picked up a another buyer. But these buyers I'm picking up seem so wishy washy. I'm sure it's me that's the cause of the wishy washy part. I need to work on strengthening my buyer commitment to me.

The #'s speak for themselves and it's taken me way too many contacts to get to this One Listing Lead.

Now that I've gotten my feet wet I'm going to look at focusing my door knocking on FSBO / Expireds / Cancelled Withdrawns since that's where the top producers spend there time right?

Brian I wouldn't want to give out the scripts either because that's your money maker. Often I worry that my script is over used but since nobody else door knocks around here I'm fine so far. I just need some nudges in the right direction and I could figure out the rest on my own. It'll make my success that much sweeter as well.

I'm pretty much the only one in my office that seriously hits the pavement out of say 80 active agents. I'm also the youngest in my office at 38. Everybody else has been in business for several years and seems to be pulling in deals consistently. It gets frustrating at times but I made a commitment to myself to make this work no matter what! And no matter how many doors and calls I've to make. My mind is already set on it.

Edited by green2gold88 (09/26/11 05:17 PM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
locknmore, cdefgh120303, The Legacy Team, starfish11040, mannycro80
29912 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (NextStep, C21Mr.May), 70 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 46
Vermont 24
estatereal 21
VABroker 20
Trouble 15
Lucky Leonardo 14
jreal413 9
sualk54 7
The Legacy Team 7