Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28450783
No new orders today 13134507
Stupid MLS comments. 3339111
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1224004
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1099907
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1054603
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 843237
Let's talk about our cars 696286
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 621617
Most common items found at an REO 614780
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 612074
REOTRANS 460451
EML 459235
Main Street 441442
asset val seminar in colorado 421197
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 352330
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 327593
Evalonline 300209
Land America 285053
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#388559 - 09/04/11 07:20 PM Re: Open Houses and Floor Time [Re: green2gold88]
jsteinhomes Offline

Loc: Montgomery County, PA
I get dizzy trying to read those posts. Moe, can you spend some of the 100k you made this year on some Capital Letters, please?

Advertisements
#388561 - 09/04/11 07:30 PM Re: Open Houses and Floor Time [Re: jsteinhomes]
VABroker Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Virginia
Hard to do that when you're only typing with two fingers.

Opens and floor time, as Perky states, is a waste only if you make it a waste. My doctor's office has 'walk-in' service, or, you can schedule an appointment with one of the doctors. Works VERY well for them - although it is a different line of business. Only a waste if you make it a waste.

#388580 - 09/05/11 09:04 AM Re: Open Houses and Floor Time [Re: jsteinhomes]
lindenmoe Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: jersey city
Originally Posted By: jbsnadb
I get dizzy trying to read those posts. Moe, can you spend some of the 100k you made this year on some Capital Letters, please?

va is right i type wit 2 fingers, writing is not my specialty, my apologies..my assistant is the much better writer..

i try to stick wit..
1.lead conversion..no typing required
2. listing appointments.. no typing required
3. showing properties,.. again no typing required

i pray you english majors spend less tim,e typing..it doesnt pay very well..unless your a uber blogger..then it pays.. :-0

#388584 - 09/05/11 09:25 AM Re: Open Houses and Floor Time [Re: green2gold88]
Perky_REALTOR Offline
Mod Squad
Major Contributor

Loc: PA
I'm not an English major, just a high school graduate. I didn't even graduate in the top 20% of my class. I was an average student, who got average grades. I guess I just learned what I was taught.

#388590 - 09/05/11 10:13 AM Re: Open Houses and Floor Time [Re: Perky_REALTOR]
lindenmoe Offline
Veteran Member

Originally Posted By: Perky_REALTOR
I'm not an English major, just a high school graduate. I didn't even graduate in the top 20% of my class. I was an average student, who got average grades. I guess I just learned what I was taught.

yep, just please dont tell my high school english teacher

about my grammer mistakes or the fact that i make 5x what she makes in a year...she will not be happy :-)

and i never said open houses and floor time dont work..
i said thier are other highest best use of a realtors time
more leveraged income producing lead generation activities

nar said less than 1% of homes are sold at open house
not me..

#388593 - 09/05/11 11:12 AM Re: Open Houses and Floor Time [Re: green2gold88]
Perky_REALTOR Offline
Mod Squad
Major Contributor

Loc: PA
Good for you, you make lots of money. I just made almost $35,000 last week alone.

Whoop-de-doo.

Money comes and goes. Your point is...it's okay to appear illiterate or poorly educated as long as you make lots of money?

#388597 - 09/05/11 11:47 AM Re: Open Houses and Floor Time [Re: Perky_REALTOR]
lindenmoe Offline
Veteran Member

Originally Posted By: Perky_REALTOR
Good for you, you make lots of money. I just made almost $35,000 last week alone.

Whoop-de-doo.

Money comes and goes. Your point is...it's okay to appear illiterate or poorly educated as long as you make lots of money?

no my point is people..agents in particular..

have the most peculiar way of focusing on things that are unimportant and directly help them survive and thrive..

we talking about open houses, lead generation, floortime..

and the guy is talking about how i write in lower case..

how does that provide value whatsoever to the thread?

and thats awesome you made 35k last week..
i made about the same in the last 30 days..

being a english major probably had little if nothing to do with making that money..

i would take illeterate and poorly educated and make lots of money for my family..
then brilliant english major poor and suffering..

dont get me wrong..there is ZERO honor in making boatloads of money..

But there is ZERO honor in being poor , broke and struggling

my thing is wth? is people focusing on?

perfect example..

i have agents even my own broker laugh at my "ugly craigslist ads" saying they are not pretty..yada yada yada

i ask them how many leads they generate with they beatiful vflyer postlets ads..they admit..none..but hey its pretty right?

Edited by lindenmoe (09/05/11 11:50 AM)

#388599 - 09/05/11 11:54 AM Re: Open Houses and Floor Time [Re: green2gold88]
Andy Perkins Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
I've sold two places this year (totaling nearly $1.5M in price) thanks to open houses. One of them was an "I saw it on the internet and then drove by" sale, so he might have been captured through some other method. However, the other was a bona fide "Hey, there's an open house down the street, let's go have a look" buyer; they paid $600k+ in cash, AND I got the listing on their existing house too.

That certainly doesn't mean I enjoy holding open houses...but at least they've been reasonably productive, even if most of the time is spent doing other things to keep me awake during the slow stretches. I do cite NAR's data when doing listing presentations, and allow the seller to decide whether open houses are worth the trouble for them. I will certainly commit myself to doing open houses--but if the buyer doesn't want to, I certainly will have other things I could be doing.

On the tangential topic of spelling/punctuation/grammar...It's interesting that so many of the top producers in my area can't seem to put a string of words together in an email to form a legible sentence. I received an email from an agent a couple nights ago that was so poorly worded I couldn't even begin to understand what this person was saying. My clients expect me to be meticulous, and I honestly can't get my head around how I would convince a client I was able to write a clearly worded contract if I couldn't even put a coherent sentence together in writing. (That's not a dig. I'm genuinely curious how the more "syntax-impaired" among us get around that.)

#388604 - 09/05/11 12:19 PM Re: Open Houses and Floor Time [Re: green2gold88]
J&E Offline

Loc: Orange County CA
It really comes down to what works for you. Realtors do generate business that way but itís not for everyone.

#388610 - 09/05/11 12:59 PM Re: Open Houses and Floor Time [Re: Andy Perkins]
lindenmoe Offline
Veteran Member

Originally Posted By: Andy Perkins
I've sold two places this year (totaling nearly $1.5M in price) thanks to open houses. One of them was an "I saw it on the internet and then drove by" sale, so he might have been captured through some other method. However, the other was a bona fide "Hey, there's an open house down the street, let's go have a look" buyer; they paid $600k+ in cash, AND I got the listing on their existing house too.

That certainly doesn't mean I enjoy holding open houses...but at least they've been reasonably productive, even if most of the time is spent doing other things to keep me awake during the slow stretches. I do cite NAR's data when doing listing presentations, and allow the seller to decide whether open houses are worth the trouble for them. I will certainly commit myself to doing open houses--but if the buyer doesn't want to, I certainly will have other things I could be doing.

On the tangential topic of spelling/punctuation/grammar...It's interesting that so many of the top producers in my area can't seem to put a string of words together in an email to form a legible sentence. I received an email from an agent a couple nights ago that was so poorly worded I couldn't even begin to understand what this person was saying. My clients expect me to be meticulous, and I honestly can't get my head around how I would convince a client I was able to write a clearly worded contract if I couldn't even put a coherent sentence together in writing. (That's not a dig. I'm genuinely curious how the more "syntax-impaired" among us get around that.)

how often does that happen? seriously..
just curious...
hold an open house and get qualified buyer that buys and gives you a listing..?
once a week? once a month? once a year?
trying to calculate roi..

#388611 - 09/05/11 01:14 PM Re: Open Houses and Floor Time [Re: green2gold88]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
Originally Posted By: J&E
It really comes down to what works for you. Realtors do generate business that way but itís not for everyone.

Maybe it's a subliminal strategy to dumb things down to the level of the lowest common denominator.

The key is to intentionally make yourself appear foolish and inferior so that those around you can feel superior, and comfortable working with you ?

Who would've known that beneath all that vulnerability, these crafty people are actually "Sly as a Fox" ? I'm certainly not that clever.

Take a peak at "The deliberate dumbing down of America" by Iserbyt . . . . I guess it's working !

#388615 - 09/05/11 01:36 PM Re: Open Houses and Floor Time [Re: Vermont]
lindenmoe Offline
Veteran Member

Originally Posted By: Vermont
Originally Posted By: J&E

Maybe it's a subliminal strategy to dumb things down to the level of the lowest common denominator.

The key is to intentionally make yourself appear foolish and inferior so that those around you can feel superior, and comfortable working with you ?

Who would've known that beneath all that vulnerability, these crafty people are actually "Sly as a Fox" ? I'm certainly not that clever.

Take a peak at "The deliberate dumbing down of America" by Iserbyt . . . . I guess it's working !

i guess cause simple works..

like all brokers reccommend open houses and floor time...
i somehow feel brokers do that for thier own best interest..

like to brand the brokerage with open house signs..
and to get a unpaid secretary..

just my 2 cents..it might be worth less than that ;-)

#388629 - 09/05/11 07:24 PM Re: Open Houses and Floor Time [Re: green2gold88]
jsteinhomes Offline

Loc: Montgomery County, PA
Since I'm the "guy" with the problem with lower case only posts, I should probably say something.

The point I was trying to make was a simple one. You may be uber-successful in your business, and you MAY be trying to help others, but I also am one who can learn by following coherent, intelligible thoughts. Therefore, I tend to be more on the wavelength of major contributors to this sight such as Perky and Vermont and VaBroker.

Trying to follow stream-of-consciousness posts such as the "advice" you are trying to offer makes my head hurt and I tend to tune it out. I have trouble trying to "dumb myself down", but that's just me.

And you don't have to be an English major to string together thoughts into a coherent sentence.

And, I use four fingers to type (not counting thumbs on the space bar) and I seem to do just fine.

#388641 - 09/05/11 09:44 PM Re: Open Houses and Floor Time [Re: green2gold88]
PaRealEstateAgt Offline

Loc: PA, USA
I did 2 open houses this year. The first one yielded me a listing and 2 qualified buyers. The second yielded me 4hrs of future planning time (no visitors.) I didn't mind the second since it gave me 4 consecutive hours to throw ideas around in my head.

I wish I would have done more open houses though, they are still a great source of new business. Plus it make the owner happy. Next year my goal is to develop a strategy that includes 2 open houses per month.

#388642 - 09/05/11 10:34 PM Re: Open Houses and Floor Time [Re: green2gold88]
Doin' bpose Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Old Dominion
Keep in mind floor duty is just you working as your broker's receptionist, except without pay. It is not a perk to the agent but to the broker.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Askgauge, PPoe, Cesar, nethgerona1, philgore
30073 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (doug, 1 invisible), 55 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 31
Vermont 16
kirastan 15
estatereal 10
Gamin' Agent 10
sualk54 7
realtor12345 6
reolady123 6
Mr. Clean 6