Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityOne of the most popular online real estate communities consistently since 1998!

Virtual Homestaging at PadStyler.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtors Directory

Facebook
Sponsored Links
Top Posters (30 Days)
Vermont 46
C21Mr.May 19
Daniel1234 17
Trouble 17
Z06Fanatic 13
RonnieEmz 11
David Hunter 10
zhenbuxianghua 9
VABroker 7
rjlocal22 6
nopeda 6
JohnN 5
sualk54 5
Bigtoe 5
Jake09 4
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#382791 - 07/13/11 02:16 PM Wondering how to team up with businesses for relocating employees?
Adam Benedict Offline

Loc: St. Paul, MN, USA
I'm wondering if anyone knows how fortune 500 businesses team up with agents when they have employees that are relocating. I know some of the Real Estate offices have relocation departments that work on setting up relationships with companies. But I'm wondering how to market to the companies or get on the list of relocation agents for new employees moving to my state. Any insight would help. Thanks!

Advertisements
#384026 - 07/23/11 01:13 AM I am wondering how to team up with businesses for relocating employees? [Re: Adam Benedict]
Adam Benedict Offline

:::Tap, tap, tap::: This thing on?!

Edited by Adam Benedict (07/23/11 01:14 AM)

#384029 - 07/23/11 01:26 AM Re: I am wondering how to team up with businesses for relocating employees? [Re: Adam Benedict]
VABroker Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Virginia
I've often wondered if this thing was on too.

Don't have an answer for you - perhaps it's a gold mine no one wants to share?

#384033 - 07/23/11 02:32 AM Re: I am wondering how to team up with businesses for relocating employees? [Re: Adam Benedict]
Artiste Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Arizona Bay
The major corporations have already set up relo agreements with the major franchises.

NAFTA is over!!
(if you want it)

#384291 - 07/25/11 01:37 PM Re: I am wondering how to team up with businesses for relocating employees? [Re: Artiste]
Adam Benedict Offline

So how would an agency go about getting to the point of setting up an agreement? I've tried contacting a few different people to get more info but no one is getting back to me. I figure someone at AO would have experience.

#384301 - 07/25/11 02:33 PM Re: I am wondering how to team up with businesses for relocating employees? [Re: Adam Benedict]
Vermont Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Vermont's North-East Kingdom
Why not identify those Fortune 500 Corporations, or those S&P 1000 Companies which have Offices or Subsidiaries within your marketing territory, and contact the Personnel or Human Resources departments to see if they already have relationships with specific Agencies, that they must deal with in bring people in (buying), or helping those that are there to move elsewhere (selling).

Corporate Headquarters may dictate who they use, or they may leave it to the prerogative of the individual subsidiary.

Try to visit a few of them instead of calling. They can't simply hang up on you when you're physically there. Once you establish a clear understanding of how they do (or how they'd prefer) to do business, you can tailor your approach, your proposal, and your relocation package to attend to those that look like they could benefit from your services.

After you've talked to a half a dozen, you'll come across as an expert . . . . and you'll know why certain Agencies have the business and where their strengths or weaknesses are. Some larger Companies used to buy out the property of their outbound employee, and dispose of it themselves, or maybe sell it to an incoming employee. No need to have a Licensee for that process.

I don't think there's very much relocation going on under the current economic circumstances (except maybe outbound to China) but you may as well prepare for when hiring picks up and that activity returns.

#384406 - 07/26/11 01:45 PM Re: I am wondering how to team up with businesses for relocating employees? [Re: Vermont]
Adam Benedict Offline

Thanks Vermont. I did contact 15 of the fortune 500 companies in the area... a third has responded with either a phone number or a regret that they can't help me. haha. I figured it was easier than waiting on hold and being transferred all day.

You are right, going in person probably is the best way.

Thanks for your input.

#384742 - 07/29/11 01:35 AM Re: I am wondering how to team up with businesses for relocating employees? [Re: Adam Benedict]
barb43 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: SW Okla
Cartus is a referral network that works wit a number of large companies. They hire Brokers 'n agents according to their needs in an area. They can take a hefty referral fee out of gross commission, but they do provide a fair number of good leads.

http://cartus.com/

LIMITATIONS: Until You Spread Your Wings, You'll Have No Idea How Far You Can Walk. - despair.com

#445183 - 04/24/15 04:13 PM Re: I am wondering how to team up with businesses for relocating employees? [Re: Adam Benedict]
Nashville Homes Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
I've actually thought of this by working locally. Are there any hospitals in your area? You could consider meeting with their director of marketing or HR or something like that and trying to broker a deal offered as an employee benefit, say a small decrease of your typical commission.

Alternatively, have you considered trying to partner with USAA? I know one agent here locally who has done so and gets more deals than he can handle. Of course, they only work with one agent per area.

#445744 - 05/29/15 12:29 PM Re: I am wondering how to team up with businesses for relocating employees? [Re: Adam Benedict]
zpcsc Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Florida
Great post, I've been trying to figure this out myself. I've gotten several relocations but from direct contacts. I will look into USAA, Cartus website has lots of good info.

What's the percentage Cartus takes?

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
dreso, Agent315, TJ LYN, Nate76, sandeep123
29175 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (fdegree, Muniart), 310 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 27192104
No new orders today 12960011
Stupid MLS comments. 3207435
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1147870
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1021384
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 999159
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 790451
Let's talk about our cars 644668
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 581733