Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28353122
No new orders today 13123588
Stupid MLS comments. 3309986
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1208039
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1082668
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1043294
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 835834
Let's talk about our cars 681557
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 614423
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 603622
Most common items found at an REO 593815
EML 459233
REOTRANS 448909
Main Street 434845
asset val seminar in colorado 415257
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 346850
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 317123
Evalonline 300206
Land America 285053
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#380544 - 06/23/11 04:57 PM Direct Mail Guru's Help Please!
Realtor DC Offline

Loc: Washington, DC - Virginia - Ma...
I recently printed off and have been sending postcards to expireds this week. So far, I've sent approx. 430 and am awaiting my first response. Not sure if I should be discouraged quite yet or how many avoided the trash can.. but should I expect any response that is going to come to come immediately or is it more likely it sits on the counter for a week before they pick it up and call or is it a mix between quick and slow responses?

Honestly if I can get one listing that sells per 2000 postcards that would make it worth it.. but the more effective I can be the better. Anyways, if anyone would like to offer tips or scrutinize my postcard design please PM me your address so I can send you one, I'd love some tips.

Question #2 -- I plan to keep mailing the same people -- should I send them the same postcard again and again, or should I send them something new every time? It seems like Geico and Capital One send me the same direct mail over and over and over.. should I follow the big boys lead?

I was thinking on about the 4th or 5th mailing having one that says something like "Persistence is key - have any other agents tried this hard to get your business" or similar.. ideas?

Edited by Realtor DC (06/23/11 05:00 PM)

Advertisements
#380550 - 06/23/11 05:20 PM Re: Direct Mail Guru's Help Please! [Re: Realtor DC]
Alabama Homes Offline

Loc: Alabama
I have had better success by mailing to the houses around a new listing ever notice when one goes up in a subdivision more seem to pop up.

#380557 - 06/23/11 05:35 PM Re: Direct Mail Guru's Help Please! [Re: Realtor DC]
pastmember Offline

Loc: USA
I have about 2000 homeowners in my farm and have been sending a newsletter/market stats out quarterly for almost 10 years now. I have gotten as many as 6 listings and as low as 0 each quarter. I try to time it so the information (sent 1st class mail with a stamp)arrives on a Friday and many times I get calls that very weekend. I send new information each quarter and if the newsletter is a little late getting out I usually get phone calls from residents wondering when they will get it.

#380591 - 06/23/11 10:02 PM Re: Direct Mail Guru's Help Please! [Re: pastmember]
Indeedies Offline

Loc: Washington, Tacoma
What sort of newsletters do you send out? I have one page news letters but feel I should be sending more out. Do you have a website where we can see an example by chance?

-Shawn

#380594 - 06/23/11 10:37 PM Re: Direct Mail Guru's Help Please! [Re: Realtor DC]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: CA
Direct mail is all about 3 things;

Recognition, repetition, and competition.

Recognition comes through other marketing Ie: sold signs, other marketing, and repetition.

Repetition is necessary because what if they don't want to sell at the time of your mailout. You have to catch them when they are ready. Repetition also helps build recognition.

Competition will effect your response rate.

If you are in my market, I don't think all the mailings in the world will get you a call back since agent are calling the week before it expires and they get 30-50 calls each day the week after it expires.

All in all, i don't think mailing to expireds is a good use of your money. The only way I see you getting a response is if your market is a sleepy one where few agents contact the expireds.

I think mailing to your sphere monthly and adding names to it weekly is a better direct mail campaign. At least they know you and the competition will be less.

#380596 - 06/23/11 11:13 PM Re: Direct Mail Guru's Help Please! [Re: Realtor DC]
Borino Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
Big boys like GEICO use multi-channel marketing that includes TV ads, billboards, magazines.... Postcards are just one part of their mix.

It's not easy to get expireds to call you just because of a single postcard, Realtor DC.
There are usually other good, active agents who snag a good listing first, before the sellers have a chance -- or a desire to call you.

Remember, sellers normally take passive approach because they DON'T want to talk to real estate sales people - especially expireds since they got burned by an agent.

Yes, you can still make expireds work, but it requires more than just a postcard mailing. You need to stand out from your competition.

I just posted a video on my blog on how to do that (and what to mail to expireds). Check it out:

http://activerain.com/blogsview/2364515/expired-listing-how-to-stand-out-from-competition

Hope this helps! Oh and I would be glad to review your postcard if you send me the PDF.

FREE Expired Listing Letters
Complete Expired PLUS System on how to list expired listings

#380607 - 06/24/11 12:39 AM Re: Direct Mail Guru's Help Please! [Re: Realtor DC]
REODayton Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Dayton Ohio
You ever seen what comes in the mail after a home expires? Even worse is the flood of phone calls that occur.

Borino has been here for a long time. He is a well respected member, he is not here to just peddle his goods. I'd take him up on the offer to review your postcard!

@ Borino- Not seen you on the forum for a while, hope all is well!

#380628 - 06/24/11 07:03 AM Re: Direct Mail Guru's Help Please! [Re: Borino]
Indeedies Offline

Loc: Washington, Tacoma
I know this is my second posting and this will just seem like I'm helping Borino attract viewers to his site, however, Borino, that was extremely informative I like the passive approach to being aggressive. Thanks for posting that.

#380633 - 06/24/11 11:17 AM Re: Direct Mail Guru's Help Please! [Re: Borino]
Realtor DC Offline

Loc: Washington, DC - Virginia - Ma...
Borino I just PM'd you a link, thanks!

#380679 - 06/24/11 05:41 PM Re: Direct Mail Guru's Help Please! [Re: Realtor DC]
Borino Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
Thanks!
Glad the info is helpful.
Got your postcard, Realtor DC... I'll shoot you an answer shortly.

FREE Expired Listing Letters
Complete Expired PLUS System on how to list expired listings

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Gianis, Elair Properties, NYREALTYADVISOR, PamelapJames, hafiz sajid
29902 Registered Users
Who's Online
5 registered (Big Kahuna, Lonewolfe92, Long Walk, 2 invisible), 56 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 45
Vermont 24
VABroker 21
estatereal 20
Trouble 15
Lucky Leonardo 11
YM 4 RC&MF LLCs 8
sualk54 8
MissionJoe 8