Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28357160
No new orders today 13124363
Stupid MLS comments. 3313038
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1208691
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1083405
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1043610
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 836609
Let's talk about our cars 682950
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 615299
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 604070
Most common items found at an REO 595194
EML 459233
REOTRANS 449501
Main Street 435308
asset val seminar in colorado 415754
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 347343
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 317654
Evalonline 300206
Land America 285053
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#377714 - 06/02/11 10:00 AM Re: Cold Calling Scripts [Re: heidi k]
PA Roadkill Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: The Middle of the Interstate
Before you get into scripts when calling FSBO's, it's really important that you find out their motivation for selling. Think about this - everyone that walks into a car dealership or used car lot doesn't buy a car, everyone that walks into a furniture store doesn't buy new furniture, everyone that walks into a cell phone store doesn't get a new cell phone.

People are motivated by needs not by maybes. Asking questions like "When do you plan to move?" and "Have you found a new house yet" are non threatening ways to determine motivation. If the answer is 'We'll sell if we get our price" or "I don't know where I'm moving to" will indicate that there is no real need to sell and they probably will never list the house. Answers like "I want to get settled in before the new school year" or "I want to move closer to my family" can indicate that there is some motivation and urgency by the sellers.

My point is no matter how well a script works, an unmotivated seller will never be anything but a FSBO.

Some days I feel like the bug, other days I feel like the windshield

Advertisements
#377810 - 06/03/11 12:37 AM Re: Cold Calling Scripts [Re: Anyelina]
Maui Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Maui, HI
Originally Posted By: Anyelina

Yes, the answer is "next" or "walk away". I got it long time ago. In reality is better not dealing with this FSBO. I got it!

However, can anyone answer these objections anyways?

LOL, seriously??? You 'got it' a long time ago yet you still insists on answers??? And honestly, you are asking for people to reveal what may very well be their market advantage in an open forum (where their competitors can easily read them). You have been given valuable advice (on this and your other thread) from some remarkably intelligent, successful people. I say you take it with a grain of salt and try to learn what you can from it. Really, no need to reply to my post. Best of luck.
Visit our Maui RE Blog, then view our listings of Maui Condos For sale and Andaz Maui at Wailea site for information on this luxury property. View one of the hottest micro-markets in the luxury Kaanapali Honua Kai Condos For Sale.

#377823 - 06/03/11 02:09 AM Re: Cold Calling Scripts [Re: heidi k]
deepsea Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Atlanta GA
I think you got the answers already but here we go one more time:

You are paying the agent for a number of reasons. But the number one reason is that you aren't going to get the same sales price one way or the other. THE BUYERS (and the buyer's agents in the case of a flat fee listing)KNOW THAT YOU AREN'T PAYING THE COMMISSION AND THEY WILL THEREFORE OFFER LESS. SO, MR SELLER YOU WILL DO ALL THE WORK AND WILL MOST PROBABLY NET EITHER THE SAME OR LESS THAN YOU WILL WITH A LISTING AGENT.

#377842 - 06/03/11 04:28 AM Re: Cold Calling Scripts [Re: PA Roadkill]
Anyelina Offline

Loc: Miami
Originally Posted By: PA Roadkill
Before you get into scripts when calling FSBO's, it's really important that you find out their motivation for selling.

My point is no matter how well a script works, an unmotivated seller will never be anything but a FSBO.

Agree 100%! you are so right! definitely is the most important thing when qualifying a lead!

#377845 - 06/03/11 04:32 AM Re: Cold Calling Scripts [Re: Maui]
Anyelina Offline

Originally Posted By: maui real estate

LOL, seriously??? You 'got it' a long time ago yet you still insists on answers??? And honestly, you are asking for people to reveal what may very well be their market advantage in an open forum (where their competitors can easily read them). You have been given valuable advice (on this and your other thread) from some remarkably intelligent, successful people. I say you take it with a grain of salt and try to learn what you can from it. Really, no need to reply to my post. Best of luck.

LOL!! yes! I'm curious to know the answers! but Ok, if other agents don't want to reveal that's understandable. And yes, I have received valuable advice and I'm grateful. I just want to know if there are other different kind of scripts, because I know those already! and nobody has "counter-objected" my objections with different one! that's all!

#377846 - 06/03/11 04:47 AM Re: Cold Calling Scripts [Re: deepsea]
Anyelina Offline

Originally Posted By: deepsea
I think you got the answers already but here we go one more time:

You are paying the agent for a number of reasons. But the number one reason is that you aren't going to get the same sales price one way or the other. THE BUYERS (and the buyer's agents in the case of a flat fee listing)KNOW THAT YOU AREN'T PAYING THE COMMISSION AND THEY WILL THEREFORE OFFER LESS. SO, MR SELLER YOU WILL DO ALL THE WORK AND WILL MOST PROBABLY NET EITHER THE SAME OR LESS THAN YOU WILL WITH A LISTING AGENT.

Ok! but don't get angry!! frown

-A FSBO has to deal with buyers and agents directly, all the time.

-A FSBO will be receiving offers with less of the price listed.

These are very good points!!

#377859 - 06/03/11 11:54 AM Re: Cold Calling Scripts [Re: heidi k]
Perky_REALTOR Offline
Mod Squad
Major Contributor

Loc: PA
I don't really answer objections. I choose not to work with people who do not want to work with me. Makes my life a LOT easier. Rather than waste energy trying to convert those who don't want to be converted, I work with those who WANT an agent.

Someone will ALWAYS have objections. ALWAYS. There will always be someone who will try to nail you to the wall and make you look ridiculous and do their darnedest to prove they are right and you are wrong. Are those the kind of people you want for clients?

My answer to that is "No."

#377871 - 06/03/11 01:58 PM Re: Cold Calling Scripts [Re: Anyelina]
deepsea Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Atlanta GA
Originally Posted By: Anyelina

Ok! but don't get angry!! frown

Not angry, smile just thought if I yelled it you might hear it this time.

#377903 - 06/03/11 04:09 PM Re: Cold Calling Scripts [Re: Anyelina]
lindenmoe Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: jersey city
you asre doing the right thing by asking questions..its how you learn..

on mike ferry website,..he gives away over 20 objection handling points..
its a lil strong but you can tone them down..

there is not a million objections a sellers has..and definitely none new...

here is an outline on handling objection..

agree thier point is valid first..

then ask a question..

seller- i dont want to pay a commission..why should I?

you- great question ,..mr seller and very valid..
let me ask you..whats more important to you?

selling it on your own and saving a commission..
or netting the most amount of money to your pocket in the shortest period of time?

if i could show you how to net the most amount of money possible in the shortest period of time, would that be worth 15 minutes of your time?

great, i can stop by today at 4pm or tommorrow at 5pm..which is better for you?

and anybody here worried about agents in thier market coming on here stealing there competitive secrets..shouldnt even be on here thats just silly...

#379752 - 06/17/11 06:10 AM Re: Cold Calling Scripts [Re: heidi k]
zcoplan Offline

Loc: Arizona
I use the MIke ferry system for scripts. He gives alot of them away for free online, I would recommend looking over his scripts and objection handlers.

#379839 - 06/17/11 06:52 PM Re: Cold Calling Scripts [Re: zcoplan]
Bay Area Brian Offline
Veteran Member

acoplan

Using Mike Ferry scripts is using a proven item. One suggestion to those out there, if you adopt a script be sure to personalize it a little bit. You don't look too sharp if your the 3rd person to say the same identical thing to someone.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
locknmore, cdefgh120303, The Legacy Team, starfish11040, mannycro80
29912 Registered Users
Who's Online
5 registered (estatereal, locknmore, Long Walk, barb43, doug), 78 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 46
Vermont 24
estatereal 21
VABroker 20
Trouble 15
Lucky Leonardo 14
jreal413 9
The Legacy Team 7
MissionJoe 7