Investors United School of Real Estate Investing
Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Good Ideas
REO Prep Foreclosure Listings

Free Marketing Kit

How To Advertise Here

Sponsors
More Good Ideas!
Get Listed In The Realtor Directory

Internet Marketing Tips for Realtors

Build your brand on a Real Estate Site

Facebook
Sponsors
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#379757 - 06/17/11 07:04 AM More Effective Cold Call - Phoning or Door Knocking?
ThePropertyDon Offline

Loc: Ontario Canada
I feel I can establish a better rapport in a face to face conversation than I can over the phone, but when comparing the time efficiency of the two I'm not sure if door knocking is overall the more effective method.

Of door knocking or cold calling, which do you rate as the most effective?

#379761 - 06/17/11 10:12 AM Re: More Effective Cold Call - Phoning or Door Knocking? [Re: ThePropertyDon]
Hunter 308 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Canada
Judging by you name I get the impression that you are a member
of the Mafia/Spaghetti People Family and I refuse to further
your cause with my experience.

Okay, okay, it's Friday and I'm feeling generous. Due to your
cultural addiction to Pasta I would stongly recommend that you
door knock your brains out to ensure that you don't turn into
a "Rolly Polly", you will thank me for this advice and so will your male/female main squeeze.

Edited by Hunter 308 (06/17/11 10:47 AM)

#379803 - 06/17/11 03:27 PM Re: More Effective Cold Call - Phoning or Door Knocking? [Re: ThePropertyDon]
Alabama Homes Offline

Loc: Alabama
Really, did you just call him fat.

Have you tried a mixture of both and try and throw a little video, together it will allow people to connect while saving you time.

#379815 - 06/17/11 04:00 PM Re: More Effective Cold Call - Phoning or Door Knocking? [Re: ThePropertyDon]
navarac Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: New Jersey
Originally Posted By: ThePropertyDon
I feel I can establish a better rapport in a face to face conversation than I can over the phone, but when comparing the time efficiency of the two I'm not sure if door knocking is overall the more effective method.

Both will be highly effective at alienating you from everyone in your community.

#379981 - 06/18/11 04:49 PM Re: More Effective Cold Call - Phoning or Door Knocking? [Re: ThePropertyDon]
zcoplan Offline

Loc: Arizona
Any prospecting is good prospecting. There is no good answer to this question. Both are great, whichever one is more enjoyable for you is what I would suggest, try both of them. The more contacts the better.

#380588 - 06/23/11 09:43 PM Re: More Effective Cold Call - Phoning or Door Knocking? [Re: navarac]
Bay Area Brian Offline
Veteran Member

Navarac

Yes, and be sure to include award winning junk mail, it is in the same category for those of us that don't like those of you cluttering our mail boxes with junk mail and suggest you include that activity along with your telephone, and door knocking.

Oh, you can't do that because it works, imagine that, but of course the people you mail to are just waiting in anticipation for some unsolicited junk mail. Get real, your one of the bad guys too. If you soliciting, your no better then the pesky insurance agent asking how much longer are your going to live.

Edited by Bay Area Brian (06/23/11 09:44 PM)

#380933 - 06/27/11 02:35 PM Re: More Effective Cold Call - Phoning or Door Knocking? [Re: Bay Area Brian]
MartyGreen Offline

Loc: canada
Typically it takes about 50 phone calls to get an appointment when cold calling.

The other week I sent an agent out to try door knocking and he got 2 appointments in only 43 homes. Pretty good ratio really.

Marty

www.realestatecareermentor.com

Marty's Real Estate Internet Radio Show on iTunes

Real Estate Training for the
Aspiring Agent and the Top Producer

#380951 - 06/27/11 04:09 PM Re: More Effective Cold Call - Phoning or Door Knocking? [Re: ThePropertyDon]
JLNorthOC Offline

Loc: Fullerton
From my experience door knocking is not that effective as it once used to be. Most husbands and wives these days, at least where I live, both work during the day. If you plan on knocking on doors Monday through Friday in my area your best bet is after 5:30pm or sometime on the weekends.

#385846 - 08/08/11 07:18 PM Re: More Effective Cold Call - Phoning or Door Knocking? [Re: JLNorthOC]
Rich Campbell Offline

Loc: Carson Valley, Nevada
From my perspective, whats more important is what you are most comfortable with. You will obviously be more successful at anything you enjoy doing as opposed to the reverse. All things being equal, any face-to-face business is more effective than a phone call. Building rapport is just so much easier in person.

#385850 - 08/08/11 07:38 PM Re: More Effective Cold Call - Phoning or Door Knocking? [Re: navarac]
lindenmoe Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: jersey city
Originally Posted By: navarac
Originally Posted By: ThePropertyDon

Both will be highly effective at alienating you from everyone in your community.

that really depends on why you are calling and door knocking...
are you trying to sell something?
or are you trying to provide a valuable service...for your community..
selling would be- "you wanna sell your home or not?"
Value -would be..
just sold knocking or calling..
hey real quick..there was a home sold in the neighborhood, just wanted to see if you wanted to know what it sold for and how that affects..your home's value...
just listed- hey real quick, there was a new deal thats for sale in the neighborhood, and wanted to give you the chance to pick our new neighbors..
do you know anyone who wants to move in our area?

add value..be respectful..offer neighborhood info...

#385851 - 08/08/11 07:43 PM Re: More Effective Cold Call - Phoning or Door Knocking? [Re: Bay Area Brian]
lindenmoe Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: jersey city
Originally Posted By: Bay Area Brian
Navarac

Yes, and be sure to include award winning junk mail, it is in the same category for those of us that don't like those of you cluttering our mail boxes with junk mail and suggest you include that activity along with your telephone, and door knocking.

Oh, you can't do that because it works, imagine that, but of course the people you mail to are just waiting in anticipation for some unsolicited junk mail. Get real, your one of the bad guys too. If you soliciting, your no better then the pesky insurance agent asking how much longer are your going to live.

junk mail or valuable info..
like sold reports, market trends reports,...
I know if someone called or asked me would i like to know how
something affects my home values..I would want to know...
especially if it were no strings attached, no cost or obligation...
try doorknocking and calling..track the results carefully..
100 doors-how many appointments-leads-listings
100- phone contacts
100 mailers-
and track to see which one gets a better result,

good luck

#385884 - 08/08/11 11:57 PM Re: More Effective Cold Call - Phoning or Door Knocking? [Re: lindenmoe]
Hunter 308 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: lindenmoe

try doorknocking and calling..track the results carefully..
100 doors-how many appointments-leads-listings
100- phone contacts
100 mailers-
and track to see which one gets a better result,

good luck

Great advice but base your sample on 1000 of each. All consumer
research companies do a minimum of around 1200 people for a
accurate sample. Now if you did a world wide study on the how
smart it is to attack Iran you probably wouldn't need 1200 people, you would get a solid sample in less time.

Edited by Hunter 308 (08/08/11 11:59 PM)

#385919 - 08/09/11 11:24 AM Re: More Effective Cold Call - Phoning or Door Knocking? [Re: ThePropertyDon]
Broker514 Offline

Loc: Montreal, Quebec
lindenmoe, I think I am going to do what you said and perform a test run in November and try the following:

- 100 cold calls to expired listings, FSBO's and my area
- 100 post cards in the same area

I am not going to door knock due to the harsh winters in Montreal and the fact it's very time consuming when done alone.

If 50 calls get's one appointment, I will do 50 calls a day, 6 days a week and try to go to 6 appointments per week or 24 per month, it's the only way I am going to make the six figure income I want.

#386116 - 08/10/11 05:14 PM Re: More Effective Cold Call - Phoning or Door Knocking? [Re: Broker514]
MartyGreen Offline

Loc: canada
Don't discount door knocking too quickly. I had one of my Agents go out with a strategy I showed them and came back with 2 appointments after 46 doors.

Not bad!

This was a brand new agent with 1 firm deal under their belt.

The point is anything can work given the proper strategy and putting some effort into it.

Cold calling is a much faster vehicle. With the right script to follow you can do well.

Keep at it!

Marty

www.realestatecareermentor.com

Marty's Real Estate Internet Radio Show on iTunes

Real Estate Training for the
Aspiring Agent and the Top Producer

#387406 - 08/22/11 05:45 PM Re: More Effective Cold Call - Phoning or Door Knocking? [Re: ThePropertyDon]
EllenRosenbaum Offline

Loc: Old Bridge, NJ
IMO cold calling and door knocking doesn't work. The true leads are in people calling you that is done by simply marketing yourself and your homes more.

http://ellenrosenbaum.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  RaquelMangual 
Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Good Ideas!

Customize your lock boxes

online internet advertising for Realtors

How To Advertise Here

Sponsors

Newest Members
wedograss, SuzieT, Ejones, Allenl, Eddie Burt
25703 Registered Users
Who's Online
9 registered (c302, ColoREO, Carla, Florent, HONEY, agentjunior), 155 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
David Hunter 32
Vermont 28
gitmonee 26
BrianMI 24
Florent 21
Bigtoe 20
RonnieWinz 19
buysell-browse 14
jorgelopez 12