Investors United School of Real Estate Investing
Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Good Ideas
Free Marketing Kit

How To Advertise Here

Sponsors
More Good Ideas!
Build your brand on a Real Estate Site

Branded Content Marketing for Realtors

Content Marketing For Realtors

Facebook
Sponsors
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#377932 - 06/03/11 07:35 PM Landvoice vs. The Red X - Difference?
Realtor DC Offline

Loc: Washington, DC - Virginia - Ma...
These two websites seem to offer similar services, I'd be interested to hear from anyone that has used either how they like it, and of course if anyone has used both please tell me which is your favorite and why? Is there anything unique about them or are they the same thing with a different name?

#378115 - 06/05/11 11:11 PM Re: Landvoice vs. The Red X - Difference? [Re: Realtor DC]
Alabama Homes Offline

Loc: Alabama
I've used RedX very helpful and they deliver on what they promise, I tried the trail but I have a lot of listings and really didn't want to work expired listings unless they reduced home a lot.

#380010 - 06/18/11 07:42 PM Re: Landvoice vs. The Red X - Difference? [Re: Realtor DC]
Sally S Offline

Loc: Indiana
Yeah both take decent commitment to keep up, only breifly used Red X before I just passed up the whole process and hired a developer. Well worth not having to play those games (if you have the capital)

#380222 - 06/21/11 02:06 AM Re: Landvoice vs. The Red X - Difference? [Re: Sally S]
Realtor DC Offline

Loc: Washington, DC - Virginia - Ma...
What do you mean 'hired a developer'.. to create an application that does the same thing? How could that be cheaper than paying them $60 month or whatever it is?

#380811 - 06/25/11 07:47 PM Re: Landvoice vs. The Red X - Difference? [Re: Realtor DC]
Sally S Offline

Loc: Indiana
I never said it was cheaper, just more effective. What I mean is that I now have someone on staff committed solely to securing online lead acquisition and upping search engine clout on our own domain name. I did't need either the FSBO or Expired lists deal, so if I continued Red X, I'd be paying $300 for a website that wouldn't generate leads at the rate I'd like. However, if you're wanting the FSBO and Expireds service, it may very well be worth it for you.

#382229 - 07/07/11 09:16 PM Re: Landvoice vs. The Red X - Difference? [Re: Realtor DC]
SPSells Offline

Loc: Seattle
Lately I have been getting quite a few of agent numbers instead of owner numbers. Has anyone else experienced this?

#385571 - 08/05/11 12:55 AM Re: Landvoice vs. The Red X - Difference? [Re: SPSells]
Erik Webster Offline

Loc: Broward County, FL
They are swapping in their own phone #s a few days before it expires to protect the listing. Its usually a MLS violation but it happens alot.

You need to combine Red/X with a reverse directory like Haines or Hills Donelly to outsmart them.

#385674 - 08/05/11 11:39 PM Re: Landvoice vs. The Red X - Difference? [Re: Erik Webster]
VABroker Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Virginia
That's interesting because I can go into mine and make changes after it has expired. If I've got a really nice property and it sells or it doesn't sell, I take out all my photos - they are MY photos and I'm not having the possibility of a lazy agent using them in the future. The unfortunateness of the worldwide web is those pics are out there forever. The web is like a big, black hole - it sucks in everything and gives nothing back.

And yeah, I worked for that seller's number....

#385701 - 08/06/11 01:06 PM Re: Landvoice vs. The Red X - Difference? [Re: VABroker]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Outer Banks
Originally Posted By: VABroker
If I've got a really nice property and it sells or it doesn't sell, I take out all my photos - they are MY photos and I'm not having the possibility of a lazy agent using them in the future.

This is why i have started to put watermarks on my pictures.

#385733 - 08/07/11 12:30 AM Re: Landvoice vs. The Red X - Difference? [Re: Bigtoe]
VABroker Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Virginia
What does your watermark say? We can't have "advertisement" watermarks of our company name, etc.

#385756 - 08/07/11 02:40 PM Re: Landvoice vs. The Red X - Difference? [Re: VABroker]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Outer Banks
bigtoe, what else?

In the MLS it goes in the lower right hand corner and gets mostly covered up with our association watermark which we put on there to catch scrapers.

#406228 - 05/05/12 11:43 AM Re: Landvoice vs. The Red X - Difference? [Re: Realtor DC]
Jim Gatos Offline

Loc: Worcester County & Metrowest, ...
I am having a terrible experience with Landvoice. I had RedX but because I run a MacBook Pro I cannot run RedX's lead manager program, unless I use parallels. Refusing to install windows on my mac, I opted with Landvoice.

Having been with Landvoice for a while now, I always found their abilities "spotty" but managed to hang in there. In order for them to send me the current information they also have to send me the information from one day back. Well, it's better than getting expireds late in the day when someone with RedX WILL get the information early and beating you to the information so I thought I could live with it...

That is, until LandvoicePro came around.

These guys actually tricked me into staying with them around 7 or 8 months ago when I told them I wasn't really happy with the quality of their data and promised me all sorts of things that I could do; including the updated information will be more correct and the ability to update statuses will be better.

Lies, all lies..

I've been getting really strange stuff lately and I dismissed it for the most part, due to my wanting to support my provider and to give them a fair shake,. Also, I wasn't ready to manually do the cross referencing on my own. So, last week, last Friday, I signed a one year promotional special with Landvoice, fsbo's and expired for $50 monthly BUT you have to sign a one year agreement and they charge you $599.

On Tuesday, it was the first of the month. Yet I got the daily email and the list was very small (for expireds).. The fsbo searching they do is laughable. Most of it comes from Craigslist and it's always a day or more late. And NOT ALL OF IT comes in. I'm better off going direct to Craigslist.

Getting back to the expireds, I noticed a very small list. So I went to the MLS and I started doing the expireds the manual way, myself, using whitepages,com and common sense. Guess what? I found a lot more expired listings that had phone numbers! What got my goat is that their system completely skipped a lot of the expireds TOTALLY! It didn't even import them with no number. It just skipped them. It also skipped them the day after.

Getting quite upset, I went to a friend of mine at my office who uses RedX. No such problem. He even listed an expired that I never even had a chance with due Landvoice's incompetence. Thank you very much Landvoice!

These people are stubborn and they don't care. I explained my situation to Aimee Marshall from Landvoice and first she laughed it off and then even challenged me by replying in a very "bored" voice, "please do"... when I told her I will dispute the charges with my credit card. "Nope", "You signed a contract".. The 3 day clause to cancel doesn't mean business days, it's 3 days period. Evidently, Aimee does not believe the agreement includes customer satisfaction.. They charged me around $550 and now it's "too bad".. I don't think so..

If they won't give me my money back then I will make it a point to warn my fellow real estate agents. They would rather keep me angry and upset instead of canceling me. These people play games. I was told I would get an answer from billing. I'm still waiting..

I also let them know I will be warning my fellow agents. I sincerely hope they do the right thing. I paid on Friday and called on Tuesday the 1st of May to cancel. They want to play and keep the money over what they consider one day over the 3 day limit (which I thought was business days).. This is what I am dealing with at Landvoice.

I no longer have any trust for this company. If I can' get my money back I will make it a point to let my fellow agents know. I sincerely hope they just stop with the excuses and refund my money.. I may have ;ost business due to Landvoice and I can tell you, after talking to Aimee, they simply don't care.. I don;t want them to care, I want my money back..

Be careful out there...

Thanks
Jim Gatos

#406265 - 05/06/12 02:22 AM Re: Landvoice vs. The Red X - Difference? [Re: Jim Gatos]
DanandTraci Offline

Loc: Alexandria, Va
I like Red x best! I have tried both and that is my favorite. That being said, my website Virginia short sales does a better job of capturing leads than either Red x or Landvoice

#406453 - 05/08/12 10:21 PM Re: Landvoice vs. The Red X - Difference? [Re: Jim Gatos]
Jim Gatos Offline

Loc: Worcester County & Metrowest, ...
Well, my experience with Landvoice is getting much better.

A gentleman from the company named Shaun reached out to me and explained their point of view in a calm and cool manner; after our discussion I am in agreement that they do the very best for customers. They seem to be focused on accuracy and do their best; however, as with many things, sometimes you need to make waves to be heard. I have no reservations in recommending Landvoice to anyone.

Thanks
Jim

#406455 - 05/08/12 11:00 PM Re: Landvoice vs. The Red X - Difference? [Re: Jim Gatos]
Dodger52 Offline

Loc: Montana
I understand the FSBO leads, and I don't much care about those, but are either of these services doing something different with expired listings? The two MLS systems that I am a member of both have a market update function that shows me any changes, expired or canceled listings, since my last log on. I have visited both companies sites and don't see how their information is different than the expired listings I get direct from the MLS.
www.facebook.com/MissionValleyMTHomes

Moderator:  RaquelMangual 
Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Sponsors

Newest Members
Tracey Schmitt, 125, iamscoobydoo, RFeast, JamesAA
26281 Registered Users
Who's Online
7 registered (Tracey Schmitt, BrianMI, MOMO, NJM, 2 invisible), 128 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
lucky 84
HChomat 59
David Hunter 49
RAH 46
BrianMI 46
Vermont 37
75Corvette 27
RonnieEmz 26
sualk54 22