Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28452070
No new orders today 13134710
Stupid MLS comments. 3340551
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1224815
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1100639
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1055279
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 843861
Let's talk about our cars 696859
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 622260
Most common items found at an REO 615036
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 612111
REOTRANS 460493
EML 459235
Main Street 441492
asset val seminar in colorado 421213
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 352348
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 327621
Evalonline 300209
Land America 285053
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#371722 - 04/05/11 11:06 AM Re: I started to try door knocking this week. [Re: Perky_REALTOR]
Rah Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Ontario
Originally Posted By: Perky_REALTOR
what is the overall average sale price for homes in your market area?

This pretty much sums it up... http://youtu.be/cwqoGMxWSgo

Advertisements
#371728 - 04/05/11 01:57 PM Re: I started to try door knocking this week. [Re: navarac]
Hunter 308 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: navarac
Originally Posted By: Hunter 30-06

There you have it rookies, and directly from a door-knocking devotee: 100,000 doors, and still not enough repeat business to remove the necessity of "horrible" door knocking.

That is what you face unless you perfect yourself as an agent and move on to a higher plane of real estate existence. Newbies be warned. You can hear the burn-out in the tone of this post. Ignore it, and become it.

You are making a very incorrect statement that marketing/refferal agents don't have spells of burn out. Sound like you have been living in a cave in Azerbyjanistani. Very, very misleading to the Newbies that you love and
worry about. Atually, you are lying to them. The Perky Police will show
up very soon, thank's gods.

Edited by Hunter 30-06 (04/05/11 01:59 PM)

#371730 - 04/05/11 02:52 PM Re: I started to try door knocking this week. [Re: Rah]
MHT Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
RAH, thanks for the link.

#371800 - 04/06/11 07:20 AM Re: I started to try door knocking this week. [Re: Jon112]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: CA
Most new licensed agents fail because they wait for the vacuum cleaner to come to them instead of bringing the vacuum cleaner to the clients doors where something might actually happen!

I was speaking to a REMAX broker/manager who knows what I do.
He stated how the majority of agents, even those that fool themselves into thinking they are successful because they are grossing $100-$150,000 a year run their business by doing what he calls "selling by accident", waiting for someone to call them.

Nanvarac, you seem to be clued out. The true reason most agents FAIL, is because they do exactly what You recommend.
Wait for the phone or email to contact you. (yes yes, I know, provide great service, be a professional and the phone will ring off the hook! Lol!)

I sure am glad the majority find it distasteful or are too scared of rejection to make the contacts.
Once again, the 180 degree theory proves itself to be true.
Do the opposite of the masses to be successful.
The masses play with their computers and wait, and wait, and taxi drive buyers around on their evenings and weekends until yippee, they buy a house.

#371841 - 04/06/11 12:11 PM Re: I started to try door knocking this week. [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
navarac Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: New Jersey
Originally Posted By: lucky
Most new licensed agents fail because they wait for the vacuum cleaner to come to them instead of bringing the vacuum cleaner to the clients doors where something might actually happen!

I was speaking to a REMAX broker/manager who knows what I do.
He stated how the majority of agents, even those that fool themselves into thinking they are successful because they are grossing $100-$150,000 a year run their business by doing what he calls "selling by accident", waiting for someone to call them.

Nanvarac, you seem to be clued out. The true reason most agents FAIL, is because they do exactly what You recommend.
Wait for the phone or email to contact you. (yes yes, I know, provide great service, be a professional and the phone will ring off the hook! Lol!)

I sure am glad the majority find it distasteful or are too scared of rejection to make the contacts.
Once again, the 180 degree theory proves itself to be true.
Do the opposite of the masses to be successful.
The masses play with their computers and wait, and wait, and taxi drive buyers around on their evenings and weekends until yippee, they buy a house.

You are just not understanding. Or maybe feeling threatened. I wouldn't door knock for any amount of money. I am on this planet for a short time, as are all of us. I am not going to waste that time knocking on doors and begging random strangers for business. I don't care how much money you think I am not making and leaving there for you. Take it all. I don't want it, I don't need it, and you can have it.

Your supposition that I do not prospect because I don't door knock is incorrect. I prospect heavily to clients I want, at price points I select. I am very picky about who I work with. They have to meet my needs, not the reverse. They are "lucky" to have me, not the reverse. My expertise and experience is worth seeking out, and those that recognize that seek me out, and pay me what I expect to be paid.

Knocking on random doors and begging for business is not how I will ever spend my time. It is beneath me and that is that. And by the way, I don't work with buyers, unless they seriously entertain me and are worth representing, and have 20% to put down, and have a clear timetable. 90% of my buyers are clients whose homes I have listed as part of a list and buy relationship. So the taxi driver comment does not apply either.

Now, perhaps, you understand.

#371854 - 04/06/11 02:02 PM Re: I started to try door knocking this week. [Re: navarac]
wfptt Offline

Loc: Florida
[quote=navarac]
Your supposition that I do not prospect because I don't door knock is incorrect. I prospect heavily to clients I want, at price points I select.
[/quote]

How?

#371857 - 04/06/11 02:37 PM Re: I started to try door knocking this week. [Re: wfptt]
navarac Offline
Veteran Member

Quote:

How?

Some of my methods are proprietary, but those that aren't include some of the usual tried and true methods such as community newsletters, targeting selected desirable listings that are expiring or will soon expire, print advertising, and active forum participation on several active Internet portals such as Trulia and Zillow. I generally choose prospecting methodologies that are design-intensive and fun. Because if it isn't fun and there isn't some creativity involved, I'm generally not interested.

#371860 - 04/06/11 03:00 PM Re: I started to try door knocking this week. [Re: navarac]
Hunter 308 Offline
Veteran Member

Navarac PROSPECTS. People don't call him out of the
either due to his brilliance. Finally a confession that
is long overdue.

This child genius has to work for his business.

I hate your guts but I respect you for being honest.

#371867 - 04/06/11 03:13 PM Re: I started to try door knocking this week. [Re: Hunter 308]
navarac Offline
Veteran Member

Originally Posted By: Hunter 30-06
Navareck PROSPECTS. People don't call him out of the
either due to his brilliance. Finally a confusion.
This child genius has to work for his business.

I hate your guts but I respect you for being honest.

Oh you bet I work hard, but to me it's not work, it's fun. Now if I had to knock on doors begging strangers for business? Now THAT would be work.

#371868 - 04/06/11 03:15 PM Re: I started to try door knocking this week. [Re: Jon112]
Jayson1977 Offline

Loc: Vancouver
When does navarac have time to prospect? He's always on this site posting bs comments and spreading his negative bs. Personally, I'm glad. I wish all agents treated their business like he does his. There would be less competition for me.

Navarac also thinks coaching is beneath him. Tell that to Tom Brady who has his own offseason coach and trainer. The list goes on and on.

Navarac is probably that old school guy who thinks his way is the only way and is the guy everyone in the office can't stand.

Remember, like it or not we are salespeople first. Our job is to sell which means fundamentally our job is to prospect for leads and find new business. Whether it's door knocking or cold calling i think it's great!

Newsletters, forum chat are simply ways to hide behind a computer and continue your fear of rejection.

#371871 - 04/06/11 03:34 PM Re: I started to try door knocking this week. [Re: Jayson1977]
navarac Offline
Veteran Member

Originally Posted By: Jayson1977
When does navarac have time to prospect? He's always on this site posting bs comments and spreading his negative bs. Personally, I'm glad. I wish all agents treated their business like he does his. There would be less competition for me.

Navarac also thinks coaching is beneath him. Tell that to Tom Brady who has his own offseason coach and trainer. The list goes on and on.

Navarac is probably that old school guy who thinks his way is the only way and is the guy everyone in the office can't stand.

Remember, like it or not we are salespeople first. Our job is to sell which means fundamentally our job is to prospect for leads and find new business. Whether it's door knocking or cold calling i think it's great!

Newsletters, forum chat are simply ways to hide behind a computer and continue your fear of rejection.

When I got up this morning I was raring to go and ready to kick [censored] and take names. I did not need to pull out my VISA card to pay someone to tell me to be the best agent in existence. I just did it automatically because that's the way I roll.

As for rejection, using my advanced methodologies allows me to be the one doing the rejecting. And that's DEFINITELY the way I plan on continuing to roll.

And I wish my office couldn't stand me, I'd have more time to TCB. But alas, I am the office hero and am expected to answer all the tough questions and give all the right advice. It's taxing, but someone has to be the best.

#371874 - 04/06/11 03:42 PM Re: I started to try door knocking this week. [Re: Jon112]
bfisher88 Offline

Loc: Park City, UT
LOL. I like this guy.

#371888 - 04/06/11 05:25 PM Re: I started to try door knocking this week. [Re: Jon112]
super realtor Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: georgia
Sadly this website has become a former shell of what it once was.

It should be changed to www.newagentsonline.net

This is why I hardly ever come on here anymore. Now it's just a bunch of agents asking the same questions over and over again.

It seems in Canada that door knocking is a more widely accepted practice than in the United States.Here in many communities are no soliciting signs.When I was a kid you would get door knocked all the time from all kinds of businesses. Back then the internet wasn't around so it was different.

Knocking on enough doors and making enough cold calls will eventually get you some business.

I do not believe in a blanket marketing approach for the best use of your time and making money.I believe in highly targeted marketing.

Less time,more quality leads,income goes up,costs go down.

Targeted marketing would be for example picking say a 5 mile radius depending on home density and price point and whether the area is urban core,suburban,or rural in nature.

Then pulling expired's once every few days and marking your route and knocking on those doors. You will increase your chances of landing more business knocking on 200 targeted doors in a week versus blanketing a subdivision.

These people have already shown they want to sell and are a warm lead.

When you have built up some business you can then start to reject the business that does not conform to your goals or ideals of how to get a property sold.

If you have say 10 leads and 5 will conform to what you want to do,2 are unrealistic,and 3 you will have to bring along at a slow pace.Then you dump the 2 unless they agree to your plan fully.You refer off the 3 that will be time intensive,and take on the 5.

An exception would be if the ones you are bringing along equal a large commission check for the time invested.If it's for a 2,000 check move on but if it's a 40k check that is another ballgame. Also if it's an investor who might have bigger properties for you to list if you handle their current headache it might be worth it to take on.

Hope it helps

#371902 - 04/06/11 07:05 PM Re: I started to try door knocking this week. [Re: navarac]
wfptt Offline

Loc: Florida
[quote=navarac]
[quote]

How?
[/quote]

Some of my methods are proprietary, but those that aren't include some of the usual tried and true methods such as community newsletters, targeting selected desirable listings that are expiring or will soon expire, print advertising, and active forum participation on several active Internet portals such as Trulia and Zillow. I generally choose prospecting methodologies that are design-intensive and fun. Because if it isn't fun and there isn't some creativity involved, I'm generally not interested.
[/quote]

Thank you for sharing. I do those things as well and they do work. I find that cold calling and door knocking work great in my market as well so I employ all of the above.

#372090 - 04/08/11 10:31 AM Re: I started to try door knocking this week. [Re: navarac]
Hunter 308 Offline
Veteran Member

Originally Posted By: navarac
Originally Posted By: Jayson1977

using my advanced methodologie

And I wish my office couldn't stand me,

But alas, I am the office hero and am expected to answer all the tough questions and give all the right advice. It's taxing, but someone has to be the best.

Now we know Navaraket or shall we call him the OFFICE HERO,

Managers pet:

trains new agents, handles all their retarded question, holds
their hand.

organizes office garage sales and bake sales

washes managers car

takes manager out to lunch or brings him food

being a good listener he listens to all the managers
problems, wife, family, his nutty team of irritating
agents, Lucky who puts a major work load on his support
staff.........

I think you guys are getting my drift, this is how he gets office leads,
to each their own and good for you at least you are doing something.

Edited by Hunter 30-06 (04/08/11 10:32 AM)

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
mumbai02, Askgauge, PPoe, Cesar, nethgerona1
30074 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 25 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 31
Vermont 16
kirastan 15
Gamin' Agent 10
estatereal 9
sualk54 7
realtor12345 6
reolady123 6
Mr. Clean 5