Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28450783
No new orders today 13134507
Stupid MLS comments. 3339111
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1224004
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1099907
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1054603
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 843237
Let's talk about our cars 696286
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 621617
Most common items found at an REO 614780
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 612074
REOTRANS 460451
EML 459235
Main Street 441442
asset val seminar in colorado 421197
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 352330
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 327593
Evalonline 300209
Land America 285053
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#371512 - 04/03/11 04:28 AM Re: I started to try door knocking this week. [Re: Jon112]
Rah Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Ontario
Originally Posted By: Jon112
You might not believe it but a few actually thanked me for coming by when door knocking..

and a few will actually invite you in for coffee or tea.

Advertisements
#371513 - 04/03/11 04:44 AM Re: I started to try door knocking this week. [Re: navarac]
Rah Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Ontario
Originally Posted By: navarac

So if he is going to do it, I merely thought that having a few vacuum cleaners in tow would help the continuity of his image.

and increase his income earned per hour...good idea!

#371518 - 04/03/11 10:10 AM Re: I started to try door knocking this week. [Re: navarac]
Jon112 Offline

Loc: Toronto
So why don't you share with the group your website and your irresistible marketing plan, since you are sooo good and unique with what you do.

Fact is, everyone has a website and does online marketing, I don't doubt it works, I have too gotten business from it. But, in the long run if for whatever reason you stop getting leads from it then you are screwed.

So why not do both. Have a good internet plan, and while you are waiting for things to come in from that, you can be more proactive in what you do.

I don't want you to agree with what I am doing, but if it doesn't work then why have people been doing it for ages. What would you do if the internet was NOT around? Hmm? then where would your money come from.

Hats off to you if you can do well with internet only, I cannot, so don't [censored] on my parade pal.

[quote=navarac][quote=lucky]Nanvarac; why don't you stand up in front of the class and tell everyone how much money you have mad so far this year by waiting for people to call YOU?

Especially since you are such an important person that what we do is so beneath you.

Personally, I would shovel manure to make $1,000,000 a year especially if it was in my backyard. I have no problem with status or Illusions of grandeur or self importance.

[/quote]

I, too, would shovel manure. Before making $1,000,000 or any other amount by joining Amway Real Estate. So we are in half agreement. If your listing program and Internet presentation are strong enough, you do not have to resort to the vacuum cleaners and seed packets. Or acquiring "leads". The "leads" come to you, and beg you to list their home because you are [i]that[/i] good and [i]that[/i] unique. Of course there is the challenge of actually becoming [i]that[/i] good and [i]that[/i] unique.

But the low level agents without talent, experience, or any real marketing program need to start somewhere, so they do the door knocking thing for a short while out of sheer desperation. And they make a hobby out of acquiring "leads". They come home to mommy who serves the milk and cookies and proudly proclaim "I got 6 "leads" today. Yay!" But after being in the biz a little longer they soon realize that "leads" are amorphous, are a dime a dozen, and simply take up time and energy and rarely produce a closing. And the time wasted collecting the leads and pinning them to the corkboard like so many butterflies, is time not spent on developing what really matters: a unique and irresistible marketing program and the means to present it to potential clients.

However, to each his own. If everyone did what I do, I'd have lots of competition and I'd be even more crankier than I already am. So by all means, knock knock!

[/quote]

#371519 - 04/03/11 10:36 AM Re: I started to try door knocking this week. [Re: bfisher88]
Andy Perkins Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
Originally Posted By: bfisher88
Completely agree with Nav. No top producers in my area are out knocking on doors. It isn't sustainable in the long run imo.

The two top producers in my neighborhood ARE out knocking on doors. They used to stop by all the time, until I told them I was a broker myself. Now I never hear from them...which is a shame, because I'm almost out of their notepads. grin

But I don't aspire to be a top-producer. I aspire to make a good living, without unnecessary effort, and to enjoy what I do. I'm not going to be a millionaire, but I don't care to be either.

#371523 - 04/03/11 12:53 PM Re: I started to try door knocking this week. [Re: Jon112]
Perky_REALTOR Offline
Mod Squad
Major Contributor

Loc: PA
Andy - yep. I'm aspiring to live comfortably, enjoy my days, and contrary to what some believe, spend time with my kids while they are still home...life is too short. I could be gone tomorrow, and what will my kids / family / friends remember of me? Ultimately, that's the question we all need to ask ourselves, but that's for a philosophical discussion. wink

#371525 - 04/03/11 02:04 PM Re: I started to try door knocking this week. [Re: Jon112]
Mark Brian Offline

Loc: South Carolina
If door knocking works for you, more power to you. Same with cold calling. Or blogging. Or social media.

Or any combination of all of the above. As long as you are ethical, professional and getting the job done for your clients and making them happy, I am not going to knock you.

Good luck and best wishes.

#371570 - 04/04/11 09:54 AM Re: I started to try door knocking this week. [Re: Jon112]
Kjmendy Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: London, Ontario
Last time i checked the us dollar was pretty much on par with the canadian dollar.

The Canadian dollar hit $1.03 US last week and it's expected to cruise to being worth around $1.10 US in the next little while.

That the impact of QE2 and the US Fed just printing money.

#371591 - 04/04/11 12:40 PM Re: I started to try door knocking this week. [Re: Kjmendy]
Hunter 308 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: Kjmendy

The Canadian dollar hit $1.03 US last week and it's expected to cruise to being worth around $1.10 US in the next little while.

That the impact of QE2 and the US Fed just printing money.

KJ,

What is QE2?, you seem well infromed thank's for sharing this with
us. If they keep printing money it sounds like the dollar will become
like a Mexican Peso, then we can have cheap holiday in America, "High
I'l like to order a Budweiser, that'll be 17 dollars. Then we can all
afford One on One with Mad Mike.

#371607 - 04/04/11 02:42 PM Re: I started to try door knocking this week. [Re: Jon112]
wfptt Offline

Loc: Florida
Jon: Are you continuing your knocking this week? Do you leave anything behind when no one is home and if so, does anyone respond to that? I have knocked on about 500 doors and I have got listings but never from a leave-behind on no one home. I do get them from leave-behinds after meeting at the door however.

#371613 - 04/04/11 03:08 PM Re: I started to try door knocking this week. [Re: wfptt]
Jon112 Offline

i am off today but will contine. I want to get 2 hrs a day if possible. I only leave a card behind but i am even thinking of not doing that because no one will call from just a card.

From the leads i got i put together a listing package with some comps and a letter saying i heard they were thinki g of selling and i wanted to introduce myself. No one was home so i just left it on the porch. No calls yet. I will follow up with a few cards and another door knock

#371666 - 04/04/11 08:24 PM Re: I started to try door knocking this week. [Re: Hunter 308]
Kjmendy Offline
Veteran Member

Originally Posted By: Hunter 30-06

KJ,

What is QE2?, you seem well infromed thank's for sharing this with
us. If they keep printing money it sounds like the dollar will become
like a Mexican Peso, then we can have cheap holiday in America, "High
I'l like to order a Budweiser, that'll be 17 dollars. Then we can all
afford One on One with Mad Mike.

QE = Quantitative Easing. Which basically means the US fed has run out of room to lower interest rates, so it just creates money to juice the economy instead. It's called QE2 because this is the 2 time in the last 2 years that the US Fed has created money. The first QE in 2010 they created 30 Billion, however QE2 is $600 Billion by the end of Q2 in 2011. Hence the continuing decline in the US dollar.

If you want daily CDN / US results you can subscribe to my twitter feed http://twitter.com/LondonONRealtor

And now back to door knocking.

#371669 - 04/04/11 08:36 PM Re: I started to try door knocking this week. [Re: Kjmendy]
Hunter 308 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: Kjmendy

KJ,

QE = Quantitative Easing. Which basically means the US fed has run out of room to lower interest rates, so it just creates money to juice the economy instead. It's called QE2 because this is the 2 time in the last 2 years that the US Fed has created money. The first QE in 2010 they created 30 Billion, however QE2 is $600 Billion by the end of Q2 in 2011. Hence the continuing decline in the US dollar.

If you want daily CDN / US results you can subscribe to my twitter feed http://twitter.com/LondonONRealtor

And now back to door knocking.

Is this by design of the American Elite or out of necessity. In Egypt 1000
families control all the wealth and my wealthy brother who is a stockbroker
tells me all the wealth in America is in a tiny group of peoples hands, they
rest of the people are SOL.

Yes door knocking, I have knocked on over 100,000.00 doors and have to keep
prospecting which is horrible, I will share ideas with Strong Jon in time.
My loving real estate mother instructed me to door knock and she assured me I wouldn't land up in jail, things worked out just fine.

Edited by Hunter 30-06 (04/04/11 08:48 PM)

#371704 - 04/05/11 08:39 AM Re: I started to try door knocking this week. [Re: Hunter 308]
Kjmendy Offline
Veteran Member

Is this by design of the American Elite or out of necessity.

No this is economics 101, the the "elite" or anybody with money gets hurt more by it.

As to door knocking I agree with the idea that it is not something you want to do long term. I cannot imagine having much success at doors in the middle of January. However, I think that you will have some success in the spring, and it is a great way to start out.

I really like the idea of canvassing the area for CMA's, hopefully if you successful at it you can do it in the spring and it sends you enough business for the rest of the year.

#371706 - 04/05/11 08:59 AM Re: I started to try door knocking this week. [Re: Hunter 308]
navarac Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: New Jersey

My loving real estate mother instructed me to door knock and she assured me I wouldn't land up in jail, things worked out just fine.

There you have it rookies, and directly from a door-knocking devotee: 100,000 doors, and still not enough repeat business to remove the necessity of "horrible" door knocking.

That is what you face unless you perfect yourself as an agent and move on to a higher plane of real estate existence. Newbies be warned. You can hear the burn-out in the tone of this post. Ignore it, and become it.

#371708 - 04/05/11 09:14 AM Re: I started to try door knocking this week. [Re: navarac]
Jon112 Offline

Narvarac, you can go away now. You are like the weird gothic kid in school who has nothing positive to say.

Originally Posted By: navarac

There you have it rookies, and directly from a door-knocking devotee: 100,000 doors, and still not enough repeat business to remove the necessity of "horrible" door knocking.

That is what you face unless you perfect yourself as an agent and move on to a higher plane of real estate existence. Newbies be warned. You can hear the burn-out in the tone of this post. Ignore it, and become it.

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Askgauge, PPoe, Cesar, nethgerona1, philgore
30073 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (doug, 1 invisible), 55 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 31
Vermont 16
kirastan 15
estatereal 10
Gamin' Agent 10
sualk54 7
realtor12345 6
reolady123 6
Mr. Clean 6