Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28271068
No new orders today 13101840
Stupid MLS comments. 3276709
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1189479
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1061188
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1028176
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 822648
Let's talk about our cars 671002
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 602716
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 592421
Most common items found at an REO 576021
EML 459232
REOTRANS 440741
Main Street 419454
asset val seminar in colorado 407157
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 340445
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 306781
Evalonline 300191
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261859
Matched Content
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#369681 - 03/12/11 03:43 PM Having another site
zpcsc Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Florida
I currently have a Keller Williams site w/my own domain, I have it under masking but I was told it should be under cname? I was also thinking of getting a simple go daddy site & linking the kw site for the IDX and all the extra features. I have several domains already purchased that I can use. Someone mentioned that I am not getting any traffic because of the process of my current site being forwarded to the kw site.
I just want something not expensive & simple.
I thought just getting a site through KW will bring traffic, but obviously not!
Please advise.

Advertisements
#369685 - 03/12/11 05:00 PM Re: Having another site [Re: zpcsc]
doug Offline

Admin
Veteran Member

Loc: Canada
Keep in mind that you are trying to rank for a very competitive area so there are many issues that would have to be overcome to increase traffic from search engines and fixing your domain issue will not be a magic bullet.

The "domain masking" method of forwarding creates problems with Google. You would be better off using the basic forwarding - which is a 302 temporary redirect. This type of redirect allows your domain to be the one that is listed in search engines and also allows it to accumulate Page Rank. Also, any current Page Rank that the Keller Williams url for your site has would be transferred to your domain.

I tried to look at http://www.miamihouseinfo.com/ as well but received an error message "Bad Request (Invalid Hostname)".

Increase Your Search Positions By Building Your Brand Online And Offline

Proven effective Branded Content Marketing For Realtors - Exclusive Areas Available.

18 years as a practitioner of SEO.

#370598 - 03/23/11 08:35 PM Re: Having another site [Re: zpcsc]
Maui Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Maui, HI
Originally Posted By: zpcsc

Aloha Zoila, if you don't mind me asking, on what did you base your assumption that a site through KW would bring traffic? Are they dominant in the Miami market? I perused SERPs for a few relevant terms (i.e. miami real estate for sale) and I didn't see a KW site.
Visit our Maui RE Blog, then view our listings of Maui Condos For sale and Andaz Maui at Wailea site for information on this luxury property. View one of the hottest micro-markets in the luxury Kaanapali Honua Kai Condos For Sale.

#377998 - 06/04/11 03:50 AM Re: Having another site [Re: Maui]
NTouch Offline

Loc: US
[quote=maui real estate][quote=zpcsc]
[/quote]

Aloha Zoila, if you don't mind me asking, on what did you base your assumption that a site through KW would bring traffic? Are they dominant in the Miami market? I perused SERPs for a few relevant terms (i.e. miami real estate for sale) and I didn't see a KW site.[/quote]

I would have to wonder this myself. I think that anytime you would search, the only thing that would come up would be their main site, and not the landing page that you have with them. You could build links to it, and try to work it that way, or keep your site with them and go with a site yourself. If it is not working for you, then I would recommend finding another route to bring in the traffic that you are looking for. The other thing that you have to keep in mind is that any real estate key term is tough to get going, so you have a long road ahead of you. Don't let it get you down though. SEO is a marathon, not a sprint.

#381936 - 07/05/11 03:01 PM Re: Having another site [Re: zpcsc]
renet Offline

Loc: California
You might consider having your own site - that way all the effort of link building and so forth stays with you.

#382442 - 07/09/11 03:43 PM Re: Having another site [Re: zpcsc]
patrickz Offline

Loc: Southern California
It's a good idea to create a separate website where you can blog on a regular basis - at least weekly.

#398020 - 01/03/12 08:14 AM Re: Having another site [Re: zpcsc]
Jessica123 Offline

Loc: Glastonbury, CT 06033
Hi,
There are lots of websites competing for the same services and products you have as business. To beat them, and to get more business your site must be visible to the users than others.
A user search a service through some words or phrase, these are termed as keywords. If you want to generate business online, you have to compete for such keywords through internet marketing.

I think, this will give you clear idea.

#398070 - 01/04/12 07:50 AM Re: Having another site [Re: zpcsc]
katherine123 Offline

Loc: Connecticut
Hi,
I think you have to do 301-redirect for your site. This will help you(as such I got the issue).

#400795 - 02/09/12 08:47 AM Re: Having another site [Re: zpcsc]
realyte Offline

Loc: CA, USA
Forwarding website will not get you sustained traffic. When you forward a website to another you will get some of the traffic but you will get less and less.

#411290 - 08/14/12 02:33 PM Re: Having another site [Re: zpcsc]
savvymoney Offline

Loc: Canada
I've seen webmasters create 5 different websites with unique content that had the same phone number and it drove in extra traffic. If you are going to take this method I highly recommend getting different photos and phone numbers to claim them

#433033 - 02/14/14 08:37 AM Re: Having another site [Re: zpcsc]
MyCupOfTea Offline

Loc: Arizona
In a competitive areas it is best to set up your own Website with your own IDX, good content and a blog. In this way you can work to build your own presence on the Website. Remember, on the Internet, your broker may be in competition with you although you may benefit from sharing links with your broker's site. Maybe using a good SEO Web Designer to help you would be your best bet.

#433519 - 02/28/14 06:37 AM Re: Having another site [Re: zpcsc]
JamesatABQ Offline

Loc: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Hey Zoila,
If I could make a suggestion. First thing is that any site is capable of ranking high in the SERPS if you are willing to do the work. I have seen lots of KW sites rank very well. But if you do not know how to market your site you could find yourself very frustrated. We have been very fortunate in this area and we receive lots of traffic and leads through our web marketing efforts. If you are serious about having a website that is a lead generator i would hire a good (SEO) someone who has a history of marketing real estate websites. This is a road that takes time, continuous effort and unfortunately money. I spend at least 1-2 hours a day promoting our site.

Good Luck.
You can do this.

#434129 - 03/16/14 10:36 PM Re: Having another site [Re: zpcsc]
Waterview Offline

Loc: Panama City Beach Florida
When it comes to leading websites, nothing is simple or cheap. Keep in mind you are not just competing with other agents, but brokerage firms. If you are looking for something simple to look presentable in an email signature link, stay simple. If you want a website that is going to actually generate business, you are in a whole different world.

#439776 - 10/06/14 09:20 PM Re: Having another site [Re: zpcsc]
JasonBurcham5643 Offline

Loc: lawa, des Moines
Only using keywords for increasing ranking not work. You should also have to do more link building for your website. Link building helps you to get more traffic to your website as well as also good to increase your serp ranking.

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Reguru1, Shaun225, Dr.Brim, james luis, Snapple
29795 Registered Users
Who's Online
3 registered (Long Walk, sualk54, 1 invisible), 70 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 75
Vermont 41
Flare616 16
estatereal 15
Trouble 14
RonnieEmz 13
Snapple 12
Logan Five 11
Analog Man 10