Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityOne of the most popular online real estate communities consistently since 1998!

Virtual Homestaging at PadStyler.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtors Directory

Facebook
Sponsored Links
Top Posters (30 Days)
Vermont 19
Trouble 16
C21Mr.May 16
David Hunter 16
Z06Fanatic 14
sky's the limit 11
Lucky Leonardo 10
RonnieEmz 9
RedTexan 8
TheBPOExpert 7
Daniel1234 7
Marksmith 6
YourAgentVon 5
miracle 5
Chrispy 5
Matched Content
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#362790 - 01/08/11 08:26 PM Organic Traffic Tips *****
journeyoflife7 Offline

Loc: u.s
Organic Traffic Tip #1 Link Building

Link building plays a role in SEO. The search engines take notice of the quality of links. Make sure all the links to your blog are relevant. Links from high PR and same niche blogs will help with SEO.

Organic Traffic Tip # 2 Blog Frequency

Be regular in your blogging posting and updates. Search engine crawlers take notice of this and up your search engines. A blog that posts regularly is better than one that fails to frequently post up new content. Make sure your articles relate to your website.

Organic Traffic Tip #3 Repeated Traffic

Make sure you can get people back to your blog. Create a benefit for others that no other blog can give people. If you share unique benefits, people will want to return to your blog. Create high quality content and provide useful information. Make your content so good that people will bookmark your blog.

Organic Traffic Tips #4 The “RIGHT” Way

Do not get your blog blacklisted. When you promote your blog, do it the right way. Overtime, you can achieve good rankings and reach your long-term goals. When in doubt, listen to your heart.

I know we sometimes get caught up in getting fast results, but sometimes it makes us forget the small important things. We always look for shortcuts, and although I believe there are many great marketing shortcuts out there, I believe there is no way around consistency and hard work. Even with the best of tools it takes a lot of patience to be successful.

We should look for not only the fastest way but the right way. To combine these two ideas together is essential for a successful online business. Follow these organic traffic tips consistently to get an increase in consistent traffic.

Advertisements
#362927 - 01/10/11 06:14 PM Re: Organic Traffic Tips [Re: journeyoflife7]
Adam Benedict Offline

Loc: St. Paul, MN, USA
Thanks for the tips. It is incredible how much work goes into this. I have had my site for years but just in the recent months have been working hard to get it in the top rankings. Even in just the last 4 months of back linking and doing many of the other things mentioned above, I can already see the results. Don't give up people! It'll pay off!

#363492 - 01/15/11 12:39 AM Re: Organic Traffic Tips [Re: journeyoflife7]
ProLinkNotary Offline

Loc: California
Excellent Tips!! Creating a succesful online presence is not done by some magical process by which only SEO gurus can by winners , however, It comes from, just like anything else, hard and diligent work.

#363573 - 01/15/11 07:46 PM Re: Organic Traffic Tips [Re: ProLinkNotary]
Jim Boad Offline

Loc: Seattle/San Diego
I am with you, every one wants a magic bullet for SEO and the only one I know of is hard quality work. Keep those two things up and you will see results.

#363679 - 01/16/11 02:53 PM Re: Organic Traffic Tips [Re: Jim Boad]
Alishia Offline

Loc: Canada
To see and feel the result on your website needs a lot of patient after several months of doing the Link building.

#363862 - 01/17/11 11:58 PM Re: Organic Traffic Tips [Re: Alishia]
beckyw Offline

Loc: New Orleans, LA
How correct is this information?
The only reason I ask is because in a thread by Doug (who appears knowledgeable), he almost makes it seem like SEO for real estate is a waste and his real estate blog reflects the same view points.

Granted this info is a few years old, but I'm curious how much is correct.

http://www.agentsonline.net/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/197351/Sources_of_links_being_discoun.html#Post197351

#364006 - 01/19/11 05:19 AM Re: Organic Traffic Tips [Re: beckyw]
Maui Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Maui, HI
Aloha Becky,

Perhaps Doug can weigh in on the intended points of his posts/threads, but I must say that I interpret him considerably differently.

In real estate, which is one of the most competitive online industries, having a solid SEO foundation (both on-site and off-site) is necessary to rank well. From personal experience I can tell you that I credit my success in real estate largely to how well my website has been doing. It is a work in progress, but the changes in the past six months have been significant. There are sparing examples of how links are not necessary or how meta titles don't have to perfectly optimized, but those are not representative of the norm. I'd suggest visiting SEOmoz, SEOChat, Matt Cutts' blog, and other industry leaders, in order to get a better understanding of what SEO entails. Best of luck.
Visit our Maui RE Blog, then view our listings of Maui Condos For sale and Andaz Maui at Wailea site for information on this luxury property. View one of the hottest micro-markets in the luxury Kaanapali Honua Kai Condos For Sale.

#364041 - 01/19/11 03:12 PM Re: Organic Traffic Tips [Re: beckyw]
doug Offline

Admin
Veteran Member

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: beckyw
How correct is this information?
The only reason I ask is because in a thread by Doug (who appears knowledgeable), he almost makes it seem like SEO for real estate is a waste and his real estate blog reflects the same view points.

Granted this info is a few years old, but I'm curious how much is correct.

http://www.agentsonline.net/forums/ubbth...html#Post197351

Hi Becky,

I don't consider SEO a waste of time although the way many approach SEO results in their efforts being a waste of time smile

The thread in question is a couple of years old and the discussion revolved around Google discounting their Page Rank on blog posts, subpages, etc. - That is still the case however we don't attach the same importance to Page Rank as we once did. ("we" being many long-time practitioners who are working to improve search engine ranking)

Google continues to make changes in an effort to discount the value of links that are obtained in the usual manner and one does have to be vigilant to make sure that the links they are acquiring are of some value.

In my business, I have all of my clients forward any link exchange requests they receive to me for approval. I probably only approve 5% of the requests - the rest are of no value. So if a person has been trading links for a few years as a primary method of increasing their rankings and 95% of the exchanges are worthless - for them SEO has been a waste of time.

I have a couple of posts in another thread that you may find helpful - http://www.agentsonline.net/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/362055/Re_How_To_Increase_Website_Tra.html

My business provides websites that are managed for the Realtor, search engine friendly, and some SEO is included. The included SEO (site optimization and a number of good links that I can control) is usually sufficient for smaller markets but increasingly not for larger markets because of Google's link-discounting. More links are needed and the only way to really get those links nowadays is for the REALTOR to be active on the Internet. Passivity just will not cut it anymore in larger markets.

By being "active on the Internet" I mean being active in forums, social media, and blogging. If one is really ambitious, adding some guest blogging (article writing) and commenting on other blogs will enhance the effort.

Of course one has to make sure that all of this is done where the efforts will be rewarded and that means you need to be able to assess the value of the links you will be receiving - are they "no followed" or are the links rewritten to count clicks etc.? This forum allows you to receive value when you create a link back to your website. Many do not - you need to know where you should be spending your time.

Not all of the value in being active on the Internet is from links and increased website ranking. The content you are creating in this forum and in blogs can lead to referrals and to prospective clients contacting you. If you create a fan page on Facebook it will show up when someone is searching Facebook for real estate in your area and that will bring business.

Search engines are now assessing and giving value to links and discussion in social media like Facebook and Twitter in new ways so even if a link can't be followed and benefit your website ranking in the way we have come to expect - there can still be value. Just the fact the your site is being talked about (by others - not by you) can make it more valuable in the eyes of search engines.

The Internet has changed and Realtors need to adapt and become more active if they want to hold on to the net success they have had in the past. Those who are new to this internet promotion stuff need to know that you will have to be a lot more involved than would have been the case just a couple of years ago.

Increase Your Search Positions By Building Your Brand Online And Offline

Proven effective Branded Content Marketing For Realtors - Exclusive Areas Available.

18 years as a practitioner of SEO.

#364133 - 01/20/11 01:50 AM Re: Organic Traffic Tips [Re: doug]
Jim Boad Offline

Loc: Seattle/San Diego
Great response Doug.

I am glad you addressed the follow no follow debate. I have read almost endless amounts and tested the follow no follow topic and have found that no follow are very worth the time and they for sure are good for the natural link diversity that Google loves to see.

Always learning something new in here, thanks all for sharing and engaging.

#364150 - 01/20/11 04:28 AM Re: Organic Traffic Tips [Re: Jim Boad]
DrewM Offline

Loc: Seattle
I still firmly believe that if you're extremely passionate about what you're writing about, you'll build links organically over time regardless of what that passion is. Passion attracts attention (and links as a result) -- since, unfortunately, most people don't have it.

#370486 - 03/22/11 06:19 PM Re: Organic Traffic Tips [Re: journeyoflife7]
RTChris Offline

Loc: Tempe, AZ
The key to any good SEO campaign is content creation and content promotion. I think one of the biggest problems new bloggers realize is that they're creating consistent content but no one's visiting their site. That's where the content promotion comes into play - if you're not doing that then your visitor count will remain small and stagnant for a long time.

Here are some quick ideas on content promotion:
- share your blog posts on your social networks (i.e. tweet it, or add it to your FB page), but do this more than once
- send out a weekly email to previous clients with a teaser of the blog post and asking them to head over to your site
- comment on other real estate blogs
- guest blog on other real estate blogs

If you don't promote your online presence, then no one will ever find you. :(

#371489 - 04/02/11 11:40 PM Re: Organic Traffic Tips [Re: journeyoflife7]
drejon Offline

Loc: buena park
I like this post. It is true that SEO does take time. If you try to cut corners using what they call “black hat” SEO you could get penalties that could destroy your SEO ability. The best way to get traffic to your site and get found on search engines would be to create true and useful content on your site and use the tips that are at the top of this post. For quick traffic you can seek pay per click, offline marketing directed to your site, craigslist, and many other avenues out there.

#372427 - 04/12/11 07:40 PM Re: Organic Traffic Tips [Re: drejon]
lekkiproperty Offline

Loc: nigeria
nice. thanks for sharing. To be successfull in this seo business one has to be extremely patient and have a lot of perseverance. success in it, don't just happen in a day. Thanks for sharing ones more

#398823 - 01/15/12 11:11 AM Re: Organic Traffic Tips [Re: journeyoflife7]
Rezo Offline

Loc: Malaysia
SEO friendly attract visitors via search engine is just the beginning...they key is to provide quality site and your visitors keep coming back

#399603 - 01/24/12 09:11 PM Re: Organic Traffic Tips [Re: journeyoflife7]
BillW Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
I agree that these are good ideas but I would like to toss up an issue that many real estate professionals are beginning to adopt.

Most real estate brokers will have several blogs that interlink among each other and then typically culminate to their main website. This turns into a large mess to keep up with but a great link building strategy over time...assuming the broker is willing to wait and allow his blogs to season and gain PR. The issue is that many of these sights look absolutely awful. You can take a look at the sidebar or footer and recognize a ridiculous amount of backlinks pointing to several different sites.

I'm not sure how exceeding the cap of 100 links on one page can effect SEO but many agents have started to do this. I don't blame them as this works. Just check out your competition at Open Site Explorer or Majestic SEO to get a hold of how they're creating thousands of links.

I think this comment broker tactic needs to be somewhat balanced for actual conversion. A potential buyer or seller sees the awful appearance of several backlinks and the site automatically loses legitimacy. A clean look with good content is the way to go in my opinion.

#400972 - 02/11/12 06:14 PM Re: Organic Traffic Tips [Re: journeyoflife7]
home_boy Offline

Loc: US
Guess it's always a balance - at the end of the day, the page has got to be user friendly, and what with Google really hammering the 'useful content' rules these days, that's always foremost in my mind.
Wow - more than 100 links on each page, that's a crazy amount of work!

#401381 - 02/16/12 09:50 AM Re: Organic Traffic Tips [Re: journeyoflife7]
Harrisk Offline

Loc: London
yeah.. blogging is really good way to get traffic. You just need to put some interesting and uniques stuff for your readers on the blog. It will really give you a good source of traffic

#415021 - 10/29/12 06:18 AM Re: Organic Traffic Tips [Re: journeyoflife7]
1.800.TN.HOMES Offline

Loc: Nashville
I would never leave my success to organic traffic. Typed in traffic is key and or creating an offline methodology that potential clients know how to contact you through instant and spontanteous consumer recall. While reducing the marketing influences of competing companies and agents for listings

With all the overabunance of informationt there regarding the importance of short keyword based and generic domain properties and their emence marketing value.

Why is this concept largely ignored by most real estate professionals.

Edited by 1.800.TN.HOMES (10/29/12 06:21 AM)

#451565 - 03/24/16 02:41 AM Re: Organic Traffic Tips [Re: journeyoflife7]
popundercash Offline

Loc: Australia
thx for your tips will try.

#451664 - 03/29/16 08:41 PM Re: Organic Traffic Tips [Re: popundercash]
Jason_C Offline

Loc: Colombia
@popundercash

I'd just keep in mind that this is a pretty old post. It still has some good stuff in it, but as with everything, things change.

Most significantly, I'd keep an eye now on what is "organic" traffic. Back then we only referred to "organic search traffic" as "organic" traffic. The term has evolved greatly over the years and organic now covers a larger aspect than just search.

That said, most of the information in here is still pretty valid. I wasn't a part of this group when this conversation took place, but it looks like everyone was above board with stuff that still flies today.

Edited by Jason_C (03/29/16 08:42 PM)

#451711 - 03/31/16 04:13 PM Re: Organic Traffic Tips [Re: journeyoflife7]
KW Gerald Offline

Loc: Texas, USA
Great link from Easy Agent Pro's youtube page. Keyword generator video. Good stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQs54ndWa5w

Don't know how to make this an active link, so c n p

Edited by KW Gerald (03/31/16 04:15 PM)

#452626 - 05/20/16 02:57 AM Re: Organic Traffic Tips [Re: journeyoflife7]
Ruth Anitha Offline

Loc: TAMIL NADU
The more backlinks a given web page has pointing to it, the more important the web page is considered to have. The search engines may use you chosen title tag for the page when displaying your page in the search results.

#452676 - 05/23/16 12:53 AM Re: Organic Traffic Tips [Re: journeyoflife7]
Jenifer Soflous Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Get Relevant Backlinks from the most trusted websites. Backlinks from Zillow, Trulia, and Realtor.com is more valuable, if you can get inbound links from these top Real Estate Websites.

#452734 - 05/24/16 08:31 AM Re: Organic Traffic Tips [Re: journeyoflife7]
MOBILITi Offline

Loc: South Carolina
There have been some good points made, but as someone who has implemented SEO on a number of sites over the past six years, it's easy to see what does work, what does not work and what's a waste of time.

For real estate agents, the more local your focus is, the better you'll do. I live in SC and as an example, it would be a mistake to choose South Carolina keywords and phrases. Your odds of ranking for "south carolina real estate" are next to zero on top of the fact that an agent doesn't want a listing 3 hours away.

Focus on your locality. Trust me, there's usually plenty of buyers and sellers within a 20 mile radius.

Use local keywords and phrases but more importantly, make sure you use it in your site's text. Content IS king with Google.

Backlinks? All but irrelevant. Do they help? Minimally. The backlink SEO strategies from years ago no longer work since Google now gives them less overall weight.

Blogging? If your committed to it and write about things that concern LOCAL buyers, it will work. Again, local is key.

Little things add up for ranking:

1) Is your site mobile-friendly? A lot of people don't know what that mean. If your site simply shrinks to fit the size of a mobile device, it's not. Mobile-friendly sites reconfigure the layout when a mobile device is used.

2) Site loading time. You can Google this in connection to ranking.

Lastly, none of this matters if your site isn't professional, clean, easy to navigate with a clear call to action. Far too many real estate sites make the same mistake; they're too informational. Agents feel that if they educate people on 15 different pages, they'll get leads....yet there's no clear call to action on the main page.

#452735 - 05/24/16 11:44 AM Re: Organic Traffic Tips [Re: MOBILITi]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Outer Banks
Originally Posted By: MOBILITi

Backlinks? All but irrelevant. Do they help? Minimally.

are you out of your mind? How can you make such a statement and call yourself an seo expert?

#452756 - 05/25/16 09:03 AM Re: Organic Traffic Tips [Re: Bigtoe]
MOBILITi Offline

[quote=Bigtoe][quote=MOBILITi]

[/quote]
are you out of your mind? How can you make such a statement and call yourself an seo expert?
[/quote]

I stand by it. For local SEO it's all but irrelevant. Google anything local, then check out their backlinks.

So I live in Summerville. Google "summerville real estate agent" and you'll come up with Jeff Cook. Now check out his backlinks. A lot....right? Not really - they're almost all Facebook, Pinterest, and other most irrelevant backlinks. Absolutely nothing their webmaster did.

Spending any time at all on backlink strategies for local SEO is a waste of time.

The latest client I did SEO work for was Mount Pleasant Tree Service. You'd think they'd have natural ranking for that specific phrase based on their name. They were on page 8.

They are now not only on page 1, but the first listing. I didn't touch backlinks.

Specially targeting backlinks....as in trying to create them? Better research it - most strategies used before will now harm SEO ranking.

#452768 - 05/26/16 05:31 AM Re: Organic Traffic Tips [Re: journeyoflife7]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

I have multiple websites with absoluty zero content that have 1st page rankings. All they have are a bunch of pages with iframes showing the same listings every other site has. If content was king, these sites would not show up at all.

show me where there is a machine that can read and understand content. The best they can do is parse the content for words that match something in the query and even then they have a hard time getting it right. If se could read and comprehend content the spammers would all go away but they still florish with spun content and backlinks.

the phrase "content is king" and "links are illrelevant" comes from google, the same people who refuse to reveal anything about their algo, yet people believe this fud.

Edited by Bigtoe (05/26/16 05:32 AM)

#452773 - 05/26/16 07:55 AM Re: Organic Traffic Tips [Re: journeyoflife7]
MOBILITi Offline

We're going to fully agreed on your points. A SEO strategy that works on one site and in one market doesn't have an effect on the same site in a different market.

There are so many different factors and yes, I see some real head scratchers on the first page; horrendous sites devoid of content in the third position.

And yes, Google is never going to actually reveal key components of their algorithm for obvious reasons.

But I do indeed focus on content for my client's sites. For one reason, solid content tends to keep people on the site and helps convert traffic to leads. TOO much content can have the opposite effect.

I ask my clients this: "Do you want 100 people a day visiting your site with 1 lead or 50 people a day with 5 leads?" It's a long tail strategy and content is needed to convert. People hitting your site means nothing. I can't tell you how many website jobs I've taken from clients who get thousands of hits a month and almost no leads.

Also remember liability. As a webmaster, I can't ethically guide my clients to abandon content and focus on backlinking because "here are some examples of when that works." My job is to best advise them of "best practices." Creating backlinks is no longer a best practice. Spun content was never a best practice. Naturally obtaining backlinks is.

#452775 - 05/26/16 11:08 AM Re: Organic Traffic Tips [Re: Bigtoe]
TRENDS Tony Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Originally Posted By: Bigtoe
Originally Posted By: MOBILITi

I believe your back link profile still plays a big role in your ability to rank organically. What I believe is less important (or not useful at all) are the links you can create yourself via forum postings, blog comments, directories, etc. Maybe this is what Mobiliti was referring to because back links are obviously important.

We are a newer provider offering high-end template and custom websites for real estate agents. Your website is ready in seconds and integrates our custom IDX that you can control. Currently serving the Central FL area, visit the website for more details.

#452777 - 05/26/16 01:51 PM Re: Organic Traffic Tips [Re: TRENDS Tony]
MOBILITi Offline

You nailed it. The old school method of trying to create backlinks via posts, injections, etc...is a waste of time.

Building a site that commands authority will create natural backlinks.

But I still get clients that will say "ok, what's the backlink strategy" as in "how can we successfully spam my links all over the net. My answer is "I won't do that."

#452789 - 05/27/16 05:15 AM Re: Organic Traffic Tips [Re: journeyoflife7]
Bigtoe Offline
Major Contributor

No real estate website has ever received a natural backlink. What webmaster is going to link to a real estate website? Our clients might love our site but they don't have anything to link with nor do they know what links are. The term 'natural backlinds' is just more google fud.

@mobili the site you bragged about has some great backlinks that were paid for and are the reason it ranks so well. There are more legitimate backlinks they can aquire, with money, that would help them even more. You not knowing what they are is hurting your clients.

#452793 - 05/27/16 12:45 PM Re: Organic Traffic Tips [Re: Bigtoe]
MOBILITi Offline

Well, my clients are just fine. Unlike most people who do SEO, if what I do isn't effective they don't get charged. I also don't charge upfront for websites. My clients don't like the design? Don't pay for it.

I can't get everyone's site onto the first page. There's 10 spots. No one can promise that, and if they do than that's the first red flag. But in the past, in most cases I've done quite well with ranking my client's sites.

#453615 - 07/27/16 12:19 AM Re: Organic Traffic Tips [Re: journeyoflife7]
Lairzz Offline

Loc: Pacific Palisades, California
Good points all around. SEO and content marketing are very useful, but as noted, they are extraordinarily time consuming and require expertise. Take a look at the top 100 agents in the U.S. Most of them do little to no SEO.

The question is how is your time best spent? You can absolutely write some terrific articles and content that drives ranking positions and great search volume over time. If you are truly dedicated to the process, it's fantastic. But by dedicated, I mean years worth of work.

On the flip side, if you spend the same 10 hours a week that you would on content creation and link building and focus on hustling, networking and social activities, you will drive in much more business immediately.

Hats off to the dedicated few who are building great brands online. Very smart.

Just don't forget that SEO and content creation always run a distant second to old fashioned/personal relationship building. That's your real brand.

B.C.

lairzzbeverlyhills.com

Edited by Lairzz (07/27/16 12:27 AM)

#453655 - 07/29/16 11:43 AM Re: Organic Traffic Tips [Re: journeyoflife7]
Elite Team Offline

Loc: Charlotte NC
I would supplement your SEO with PPC or Facebook Marketing as well.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Chrispy, SC_Realestate, therealtorgirlat, Phil Ander, justdoit22
29284 Registered Users
Who's Online
3 registered (James007, Chrispy, 1 invisible), 121 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 27996698
No new orders today 13077685
Stupid MLS comments. 3251964
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1171009
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1044685
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1013960
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 808818
Let's talk about our cars 656511
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 593728