Investors United School of Real Estate Investing
Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Good Ideas
Free Marketing Kit

Graphic Designer

How To Advertise Here

Sponsors
More Good Ideas!
Content Marketing For Realtors

Branded Content Marketing for Realtors

Build your brand on a Real Estate Site

Facebook
Sponsors
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#358706 - 11/24/10 04:59 PM What's the best phone for a Real Estate Agent? Iphone? Blakberry? other?
Anyelina Offline

Loc: Miami
I really need to change soon my phone company, the one I have its terrible! but want to make sure I'm buying the best one!

What's the best kind of phone for a real estate Agent? Is the Iphone good to reply email messages, for example? (never had an Iphone).

What are the best applications for real estate agent to use in a phone?

What is the best company that brings the best reception and wi-fi connection?

All your suggestions are highly appreciated! :)

#358709 - 11/24/10 05:31 PM Re: What's the best phone for a Real Estate Agent? Iphone? Blakberry? other? [Re: Anyelina]
Kjmendy Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: London, Ontario
I just upgraded to a new blackberry torch and I really like it.

The one big advantage that the blackberry has is "push mail". Which means that when you get an email, your phone immediately notifies you of this. Unlike other phones where there either is a delay or you need to manually check your email account.

#358711 - 11/24/10 05:35 PM Re: What's the best phone for a Real Estate Agent? Iphone? Blakberry? other? [Re: Anyelina]
Andy Perkins Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
I can't speak for the current Blackberry products, but my old employer gave me one several years ago and I hated it. It was just clunky and hard to configure, plus you couldn't use nearly as many apps as you could on the current products. I do know that Blackberry has gotten much better. My iPhone has been serving me very well. I can use it to get my email, surf the web, access my MLS, and open Supra boxes...but you can do that with pretty much any smart phone nowadays.

My main complaint is AT&T's local coverage area compared to Verizon...but with the iPhone coming to Verizon soon, you can have both. (I don't know if there's much difference in Florida; I don't remember having trouble getting signal through AT&T when I've been in Miami recently.)

Plus, I've still never gotten the hang of typing on any tiny keypad since I have big fingers. For that reason, I'm actually mulling an iPad 3G.

#358730 - 11/24/10 08:39 PM Re: What's the best phone for a Real Estate Agent? Iphone? Blakberry? other? [Re: Andy Perkins]
Anyelina Offline

I like the Iphone, but does it have good signal with AT&T? I have heard from friends that Iphone are cool, with all the apps and functions, but sometimes the signal is not the best.

Andy Perkins, I didn't know that Verizon will have the Iphone too! it seems Verizon has better signal than AT&T. When is this going to happen?

Kjmendy, I have blackberry and I like also the push mail you mean. but other than that and the BB messenger, don't see anything outstanding. My BB gets frozen a lot, but I think that's because of the company I have... metropcs. :-S

#358746 - 11/25/10 12:57 AM Re: What's the best phone for a Real Estate Agent? Iphone? Blakberry? other? [Re: Anyelina]
ky realtor Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: kentucky
iphone4! compatable with our supra keypad, if camera fails, it has a 5 mp camera, you can do facetime with other iphone people; i am not a tech savvy person, and even I can use it. Never had a problem with it. love it, love it

#358747 - 11/25/10 01:05 AM Re: What's the best phone for a Real Estate Agent? Iphone? Blakberry? other? [Re: ky realtor]
BK Estates Offline

Loc: SoCal
I've been looking into this lately, and all the phones seem to do a good job. I think you can get push email with an android, but you have to run it through gmail. Unless you're chasing bpo's, I don't think it is real important.

I have verizon right now, but I think sprint is looking good. you can get unlimited calls, web, and text for $70/mo.

I still have a palm, and one of the reasons I keep it is because it will open supra boxes. The new palms don't have an infrared port, so I don't see any reason to get another one. I didn't know you could do it with an iphone. Is there an adapter required?

#358759 - 11/25/10 02:33 AM Re: What's the best phone for a Real Estate Agent? Iphone? Blakberry? other? [Re: BK Estates]
Anyelina Offline

I really don't know about this "phone technology", I barely know how to use the blackberry. But it seems so cool the Iphone, the only problem I see with the Iphone is the keypad, I don't like typing with one finger, I like to use my 2 thumbs and not with my index. :(

#358769 - 11/25/10 04:04 AM Re: What's the best phone for a Real Estate Agent? Iphone? Blakberry? other? [Re: BK Estates]
ky realtor Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: kentucky
Originally Posted By: BK Estates
I've been looking into this lately, and all the phones seem to do a good job. I think you can get push email with an android, but you have to run it through gmail. Unless you're chasing bpo's, I don't think it is real important.

I have verizon right now, but I think sprint is looking good. you can get unlimited calls, web, and text for $70/mo.

I still have a palm, and one of the reasons I keep it is because it will open supra boxes. The new palms don't have an infrared port, so I don't see any reason to get another one. I didn't know you could do it with an iphone. Is there an adapter required?

Yes I had to get an adapter, then you download the free app from supra. and yes, you can text with your thumbs, too, once you get the hang of it. With facetime, i can talk to my son and family who live out of state and see them, it's better than skype.

#358778 - 11/25/10 11:34 AM Re: What's the best phone for a Real Estate Agent? Iphone? Blakberry? other? [Re: ky realtor]
PA Roadkill Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: The Middle of the Interstate
Maybe before deciding on a phone, you should look at coverage and reliability of the carrier. Every carrier has "dead spots" and while they all claim things like "99% coverage" how consistent is it. Ask others in your office about their experiences with their carrier and decide on a carrier first.

Then figure out what you need as far as capabilities are concerned. Do you want to search the web, or stay updated on facebook or twitter, or just have a means to get calls and email.

And look at the rate plans. All of the carriers have different plans and anything you do that involves calls, texts or data has a charge. It's easy to buy all of the bells and whistles and end up spending $125 per month for features you seldom use.

Some days I feel like the bug, other days I feel like the windshield

#358804 - 11/26/10 12:14 AM Re: What's the best phone for a Real Estate Agent? Iphone? Blakberry? other? [Re: Kjmendy]
Steely Dan Offline

Loc: Mississauga, Ontario CANADA
[quote=Kjmendy]I just upgraded to a new blackberry torch and I really like it.

The one big advantage that the blackberry has is "push mail". Which means that when you get an email, your phone immediately notifies you of this. Unlike other phones where there either is a delay or you need to manually check your email account. [/quote]

You can set-up your iPhone for push email, or to save on power, fetch mode every 15/30/60 minutes etc. Even better, you can set the mode for each mail box that you have e.g. I have my gmail account in push mode, my yahoo account in fetch every 15 minutes, my hotmail in manual mode.

@anyelina, iPhone supports virtual keyboarding in landscape mode to give your fingers more space for two-thumb typing.

I have the iPhone and I love it. Most of the useful business applications should come out first on iPhone as software developers will get the most out of their investment buck by developing applications for the iPhone first as it has the most number of smartphone users in North America.

#358836 - 11/26/10 09:47 PM Re: What's the best phone for a Real Estate Agent? Iphone? Blakberry? other? [Re: Steely Dan]
LizL Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Missouri
Like BK, I have a Palm. I love the fact that I can access the Supra boxes without any sort of adapter. I know the days are numbered, though, as none of the new devices have IR anymore.

#358857 - 11/27/10 01:05 AM Re: What's the best phone for a Real Estate Agent? Iphone? Blakberry? other? [Re: LizL]
Surfer Offline

Loc: Toronto, On
I've had tons of BlackBerry's, iPhones, and Palm phone's as well. Finally settled on an iPhone 4. The only thing I miss on the BB is the physical keyboard, and BB Messenger.

As far as real estate is concerned, any smartphone would be fine. As my phone is used for more than just business, the iPhone is the most suitable for me.

Oh and you can get push-email on the iPhone. There's several apps that allow it, as well as MobileMe from Apple directly.

Surfer.

#358859 - 11/27/10 01:37 AM Re: What's the best phone for a Real Estate Agent? Iphone? Blakberry? other? [Re: Surfer]
Allison Ables Offline

Loc: Gainesville, FL
Android.

#358876 - 11/27/10 11:47 AM Re: What's the best phone for a Real Estate Agent? Iphone? Blakberry? other? [Re: Allison Ables]
MontyC21 Offline

Loc: Virginia
The best phone is the one that gets calls and you answer quickly!

#358879 - 11/27/10 01:24 PM Re: What's the best phone for a Real Estate Agent? Iphone? Blakberry? other? [Re: MontyC21]
bsareo Offline

Loc: Somewhere in the desert
Verizon has the best coverage and the Droid is my first choice in phones. You can do a BPO right on the phone if you really have the time to play with it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  DelCidsRealty, TylerMeyerRE 
Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Sponsors

Newest Members
Trevor3DX, debt how, Jaykang, GeorgeDenver, Joe Flacco
26379 Registered Users
Who's Online
3 registered (OrlandoAgent, 125, Captain Mortgage), 107 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
lucky 67
David Hunter 45
Vermont 44
HChomat 35
RAH 35
BrianMI 32
ibsellin 32
75Corvette 21
RonnieEmz 19