Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on TwitterFollow AgentsOnline on Facebook

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtor Promotion Service

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28356946
No new orders today 13124335
Stupid MLS comments. 3313025
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1208673
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1083370
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1043592
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 836599
Let's talk about our cars 682938
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 615278
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 604059
Most common items found at an REO 595157
EML 459233
REOTRANS 449497
Main Street 435301
asset val seminar in colorado 415752
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 347341
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 317644
Evalonline 300206
Land America 285053
Mainstreet 261860
Matched Content
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#359150 - 12/01/10 12:14 AM Re: Do you door knock as part of your prospecting?? [Re: deepsea]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: CA
I realize targeted buyer calls have something to sell.
I have tried farming out leads in past and wasn't worth the effort.
Low producing agents are such for good reason and I don't want to babysit.
I could be wrong but I think in my marketplace blogging and website would be an avenue to further promote myself for credability but I have my doubts the lead would google my town to find an agent etc.
We have the biggest board in the world with agents tripping over eachother.
Maybe I don't don't understand the concept. Buyers in our market use MLS.CA to find all listings by all agents coast to coast. Why would they search anything else?? I do use a virtual tour rider on all my listings where buyers call me directly but this is a result of the driving by. I don't believe they need to search anywhere else. Agents are a dime a dozen here.

I could be wrong but results are directly proportional to the level and amounts of competition.
Perky works a Lake/Resort type area where people have a specialized interest in,t herefore they are more likely to search the lake or town.

I have a friend of mine who moved from the city to a resort type location called the MUSKOKAs. He is a great prospector! First to months there he took 10 to 12 listings each month. In the city he'd be lucky to take half that. Of course the laid back agents flipped out and reported him to the board for calling their customers. Lol.

Advertisements
#359165 - 12/01/10 01:58 AM Re: Do you door knock as part of your prospecting?? [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
MHT Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Lucky, you may want to try doing a few Google searches with different possible searches for agents, homes for sale, etc. in Toronto and your specific area.....see if the top search results happen to also be top agents/teams/offices. If you see that the top search results also happen to be top producers then you will have your answer. I do tend to agree with you with regards to people simply searching MLS but you may want to check it out.

#359167 - 12/01/10 02:21 AM Re: Do you door knock as part of your prospecting?? [Re: MHT]
Hunter 308 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Canada
Aldo Udovicic
Broker Awards:

•1992-1993 Chairman’s Club at Royal LePage
•RE/MAX Hall of Fame
•RE/MAX Executive Club
•RE/MAX 100% Club
•RE/MAX Platinum Club

•21 Years of experience! Over 21 years of Incredible Success!
•Consistently ranked in the Top 1% of Realtors in the GTA!
•Over $300,000,000 in Sales!
•Personal Web Sites (www.getaldo.com, www.smarteam.ca) in addition to exposure in www.remax.ca, www.realtor.ca, www.mls.ca, www.remaxcrossroads.ca.

Did a deal with this guy many years ago, he used to be a MAJOR TELEPHONE PROSPECTOR. Had to call his office a couple months ago and spoke to one of his people, I asked this person how the prospecting was going, the person responded by saying everything they do now is internet based. No traditional prospecting was being done at all. I didn't understand half of what the person said, very technical internet jargon. He has 7 or 8 people working for him. The internet keeps them very, very busy.

Check out his assistant Jennifer Connell, she has to be the most beautiful
real estate lady in the whole world. She might be the key to his success.
Lucky, you should get her on your team even if she just walkes around dropping
of flyers people will never forget her and in turn you.

Edited by Hunter12 (12/01/10 03:41 AM)

#359196 - 12/01/10 11:51 AM Re: Do you door knock as part of your prospecting?? [Re: Hunter 308]
Lucky Leonardo Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: CA
TEAM TEAMS TEAMS. I don't get this attraction to teams? Where in the world could the PROFIT be with all those people needed to get paid and all that lazy induced overhead?
My mentor was my parents personal real estate agent. I worked in same office for 2 years. He used gross $7-$900,000 in the late 1980's! NO TEAM BALONEY, NO ASSISTANT, NO MASSIVE MARKETING BUDGETS. He door knocked 3-5 hours a day to build his business. He slammed deals together like a nuclear physicist! Because of low overhead, an investing in real estate, he is a very rich man. Net worth perhaps $50 million! Passive income perhaps $600,000!? Now there is a smart agent. I feal most agents are very poor business people and fall for this WALMART mentality etc. Just my opinion! Teams do not impress me in the least. They are a Brokerage within another Brokerage and anyone smart enough knows that Brokers do not make much money and any good single agent makes much much more!!! Teams are a farce! Prospect and keep the money and invesr it! This is a door knocking thread. My mentor was a door knocker and is a MULTI MILLIONAIRE thru investing the huge PROFITS. Yes it works. I firmly believe a diciplined smart Door knocker/prospector can gross $1 million and keep a lot. A team can not do this even grossing double!!

The way I see it!

#359293 - 12/02/10 10:58 AM Re: Do you door knock as part of your prospecting?? [Re: Lucky Leonardo]
Hunter 308 Offline
Veteran Member

Hey Lucky,

Mike Ferry claims to have spoken to 100 people a day face to face and done 100 deals a year while he was working as an agent. Does this make sense to you? Personally I believe it is possible but would take one hell of a lot of work and a lot of disciplin not to get pulled of your lead generating activity. In the 90's he always advocated that agents needed to speak to people face to face and he had no respect for agents who used the phone. Looks like your friend would have been selling real estate at the same time as Mike.

Hunter.

Edited by Hunter12 (12/02/10 11:11 AM)

#359302 - 12/02/10 02:15 PM Re: Do you door knock as part of your prospecting?? [Re: Hunter 308]
deepsea Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Atlanta GA
That's interesting, when I took Mike Ferry a looong time ago (maybe the late 80's or early 90's) he said he never sold much real estate, he had been a public speaker and studied with Dale Carnegie. I thought he learned the techniques by osmosis from his coaching clients trial and error.

#359305 - 12/02/10 02:51 PM Re: Do you door knock as part of your prospecting?? [Re: deepsea]
navarac Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: New Jersey
No amount of money or success is worth walking through neighborhoods, knocking on doors, and begging for business. I'm on this planet for a short time. That's just NOT how I am going to spend my valuable time.

None of the top agents in my area knock on doors. None. So, I know it's a bit of a religion and "self-improvement" gig and all, for you knockers. And I know there are all these anecdotal accounts of billionaire door knockers. None of which I believe by the way.

But I believe the new agents should just be reminded from time to time in threads like these that door knocking is NOT necessary to become a high powered and successful real estate agent. I know that, because again, NONE of the top agents in my area would be caught dead knocking on doors begging for business.

That's just not how we roll...

Edited by navarac (12/02/10 02:53 PM)

#359597 - 12/05/10 12:08 PM Re: Do you door knock as part of your prospecting?? [Re: navarac]
Hunter 308 Offline
Veteran Member

http://www.nytimes.com/packages/html/nyregion/1-in-8-million/index.html#/john_keegan

This guy is very disciplined, he speaks to 5 women every day rain or shine and gets three dates per week. His ratio is 12 attempts to one date, not bad. He has guts and would make a great agent. One of his closing questions is "DO YOU
LIKE TO DRINK WINE?" this is brilliant and I'm sure he often gets a yes. Wish I had been this smart at his age.

This guy is the Froy Candalero of the dating world, no internet dating for him.

Edited by Hunter12 (12/05/10 01:34 PM)

#359601 - 12/05/10 01:45 PM Re: Do you door knock as part of your prospecting?? [Re: navarac]
Rah Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Ontario
Originally Posted By: navarac
No amount of money or success is worth walking through neighborhoods, knocking on doors, and begging for business. I'm on this planet for a short time. That's just NOT how I am going to spend my valuable time.

None of the top agents in my area knock on doors. None. So, I know it's a bit of a religion and "self-improvement" gig and all, for you knockers. And I know there are all these anecdotal accounts of billionaire door knockers. None of which I believe by the way.

But I believe the new agents should just be reminded from time to time in threads like these that door knocking is NOT necessary to become a high powered and successful real estate agent. I know that, because again, NONE of the top agents in my area would be caught dead knocking on doors begging for business.

That's just not how we roll...

Maybe navarac spends time on this thread to tell everyone that door knocking is not necessary because he secretly does door knock and doesn't want any competition in his area... especially from the top agents in his area who currently don't do it.... or else why is he wasting his time on this thread?

#359608 - 12/05/10 03:26 PM Re: Do you door knock as part of your prospecting?? [Re: Rah]
Doin' bpose Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Old Dominion
I had a guy knock on the door yesterday morning. My wife came and asked me to answer the door. I opened the door and stepped out closing the door behind me. He was a pleasant young person, but I was worried he was going to go on and on and I did not want my kids running in and out, also I did not want to heat the neighborhood.

He was from a local roof/window company who was doing a job down the road, so the boss had sent him around to all the neighbors to solicit more jobs. I recognized the company, but asked for his card so I could call him back if I had further interest. He did not have a card for me or any literature, but wanted my name and phone number so he could call me back and set up an appt.
I declined to share the information and offered to use the yellow pages to contact the office if I decided to use the company.
He politely went on his way.

#378339 - 06/07/11 07:54 PM Re: Do you door knock as part of your prospecting?? [Re: Jayson1977]
Alabama Homes Offline

Loc: Alabama
No I do not door knock, but however I have had a great response lately to post cards. Every time I see a new listing I send post cards to five homes around it, no matter if it's my listing or not.

#378374 - 06/07/11 11:45 PM Re: Do you door knock as part of your prospecting?? [Re: Jayson1977]
Thunderstruck Offline

Loc: Townsville, Australia
Someone said:"Begging" when you door knock. Do You Want People's business? What are you really afraid of??? More than one person, has had the problem with calling it "Sales" While they are debating what to call themselves or how to prospect, some of us beggers are out getting sellers who 'Really' need to sell. Is it work? Go pick up the phone and call for 3 hours five days straight and go knock on 100 doors next week. See if it's hard word, but see the results!

One agent (Bill) I know very well in Utah, door knocked on 300 hundred doors a week. He also used the 800 pound phone. "He was always afaid of the first door" as he said. When he told me about his fear of the 1st door knocking, he would smile, because the guy use to knock doors DOWN, he was a U.S. Marshall. If you knew Bill, no one would call him a "Begger" or one would be on their backside. Bill SOLD over 100 homes per year, even in what we call a bad market.

Please,please... be afraid of the phone or door knocking I will not beg anyone to do it.

#378490 - 06/08/11 06:54 PM Re: Do you door knock as part of your prospecting?? [Re: Jayson1977]
Zach Sikes Offline

Loc: Edmond, OK
So is the general consesus to make sure and leave something behind when you door knock?

#378570 - 06/09/11 01:38 AM Re: Do you door knock as part of your prospecting?? [Re: Thunderstruck]
Hunter 308 Offline
Veteran Member

Great post, thank you for taking
the time to share your knowledge.

Just to make sure we are speaking the
same language doors means people spoken
to, not just sore knuckles.

Edited by Hunter 308 (06/09/11 01:42 AM)

#378573 - 06/09/11 01:55 AM Re: Do you door knock as part of your prospecting?? [Re: Jayson1977]
barb43 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: SW Okla
Thought I'd posted in this thread,but guess not.

Door knocking here is now illegal, unless you purchase a pricey permit to do so. I don't know of any Realtors in the area who have done that.

As well, cold calling here is passe.

Both were great ways to drum up business 15 years ago. But not now.

Many of our buyers & sellers are members of the military community and they do shop online, at least until they select an agent.

LIMITATIONS: Until You Spread Your Wings, You'll Have No Idea How Far You Can Walk. - despair.com

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
cdefgh120303, The Legacy Team, starfish11040, mannycro80, ProSPM123
29911 Registered Users
Who's Online
3 registered (Long Walk, NextStep, 1 invisible), 33 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 46
Vermont 24
estatereal 21
VABroker 20
Trouble 15
Lucky Leonardo 14
jreal413 9
The Legacy Team 7
MissionJoe 7