Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityOne of the most popular online real estate communities consistently since 1998!

Virtual Homestaging at PadStyler.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Good Idea!
Realtors Directory

Facebook
Sponsored Links
Page 33 of 34 < 1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#393550 - 10/31/11 12:52 AM Re: New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? ***** [Re: ky realtor]
VABroker Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Virginia
Oh, my goodness...there's life out there! Hi ky realtor!

I switched to Shurlock combo locks. I'm located amongst at least three associations that use different lockboxes. Inevitably, an agent will either not have the HUD key(s) or not have the electronic key for my electronic lockboxes.

It's made life easier and I'm meeting so many more agents on the phone. Some great people out there!

Someone previously posted about the two-week inspection during contract and something else...yes, there's inspections even under contract. Heavens, one AM wants MMR's done even if the property is under contract. I guess that's how the government does it too? Work on something that will be out of date in 30 days or less, and even less likely to be used? Tax dollars 'at work'.

Advertisements
#396947 - 12/15/11 08:10 PM Re: New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? [Re: VABroker]
VABroker Offline
Veteran Member

I try not to deal with Lawyers Advantage (HUD's closing agent) unless I REALLY have to - I'd rather deal with the buyer's closing agent.

Don't cha' think that no matter what you were calling about that they would have all information on the property filed under HUD's case number?

And, don't cha' think that when the county utility company for water & sewage refuses to give a HUD listing agent the last bill for the property (even at a zero balance) that Lawyers Advantage would call the utility company since THEY represent the seller (present owner) and it is the seller who must give clear title versus saying have the buyer's closing agent to try to obtain the information?

Don't cha' think it'd be nice to have Lawyers Advantage ACTUALLY represent the Seller in your transactions?

#396977 - 12/16/11 02:52 AM Re: New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? [Re: VABroker]
LizL Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Missouri
Originally Posted By: VABroker

...THEY represent the seller (present owner) and it is the seller who must give clear title versus saying have the buyer's closing agent to try to obtain the information?

Don't cha' think it'd be nice to have Lawyers Advantage ACTUALLY represent the Seller in your transactions?

I feel the same way about REO title companies (invariably from some distant location) demanding that the listing agent provide 'clear title' info about HOAs.

#397035 - 12/16/11 09:52 PM Re: New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? [Re: LizL]
VABroker Offline
Veteran Member

I do the best I can with what the AMs require, but, when HUD's closing agent keeps pawning off what they should do or at least make an attempt to assist - it's just crazy. It's as though they want the buyer's closing agent to handle everything. I just don't know how they're able to keep having a HUD contract.

#397162 - 12/20/11 01:10 AM Re: New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? [Re: BuyersAgent]
VABroker Offline
Veteran Member

Is it just me...or...are other agents/brokers getting listings by the alphabet? My last slew all started with the same letter of the alphabet!

#397279 - 12/22/11 12:54 AM Re: New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? [Re: VABroker]
VABroker Offline
Veteran Member

Anyone have the new Ofori NLB Listing Broker Services Agreement? They seem to have emailed them out but forgot to put the Agreement with the email (it says "attached" but it really isn't). I emailed procurement twice plus his direct email address - no response.

If so, could you email me a copy please?

#397444 - 12/24/11 01:45 PM Re: New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? [Re: RichardDD]
BuyersAgent Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Land of comps and drive by's.....
VABroker-same thing happened to me-I pulled the old one from my profile, looked up what he was talking about and if I don't hear from him next week, I will comply with that copy.
Education will not.
Persistence and determination
alone are omnipotent.

Calvin Coolidge

#398739 - 01/13/12 10:27 PM Re: New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? [Re: RichardDD]
brokerblogger Offline

Loc: usa
Anyone know why PEMCO hired new brokers for NC

#399053 - 01/18/12 12:40 AM Re: New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? [Re: BuyersAgent]
VABroker Offline
Veteran Member

Ofori finally did get that new listing agreement sent out.

#399054 - 01/18/12 12:53 AM Re: New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? [Re: brokerblogger]
VABroker Offline
Veteran Member

Anyone in Virginia actually getting ALL the Addendums to a Ratified Contract? If not, please email your asset manager. If DPOR audits any of your files, they're going to ask to see the Addendums because it's stated right on the Contract "Other Addendum attached" and they make the buyer check that box off. You need to complain - that's the only way the AMs are gonna get their butts moving to correct this situation.

Are you REALLY getting the cancellation letters on Ratified Contracts? Please complain to your AM if you're not. Without a copy of the Cancellation Letter stating the contract is cancelled and giving the disposition of the earnest deposit, the contract in your file is STILL alive. Can't have two live contracts on one property.

If you're having problems such as these - you need to let your AM know.

MRIS is cracking down on the AM's rule that says we can't put 'foreclosure' anywhere on the MLS Listing. That little box that says "Foreclosure - Yes/No" - remember that little box? Apparently that goes against not giving a true picture even if you tell MRIS 'foreclosure' is a process not a noun!

Anybody realize that if a HUD bidder bids ABOVE the As-Is Value (FHA's appraisal price) and their own appraisal (VA, Conventional, Whatever) comes in lower than their offered sales price, they MUST pay the difference out of their own pocket? AM says they offered XYZ and we WANT XYZ from the buyer! There is NO financing contingency on the HUD contract.

Share YOUR sudden surprizes...and let you AM know these things need fixing or your license could revoked/suspended!

#405557 - 04/25/12 11:22 AM Re: New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? [Re: RichardDD]
BuyersAgent Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Land of comps and drive by's.....
Anybody out there noticing that a lot of the new inventory that is coming on the market was serviced by BofA. I smell a flood of inventory...finally!
Education will not.
Persistence and determination
alone are omnipotent.

Calvin Coolidge

#405837 - 04/29/12 02:32 PM Re: New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? [Re: BuyersAgent]
Avoid The F Word Offline

Loc: CA
Originally Posted By: HUDLover
Anybody out there noticing that a lot of the new inventory that is coming on the market was serviced by BofA. I smell a flood of inventory...finally!
I know that the majority of info we've been getting from BLB was serviced by B of A. I hope the influx of inventory continues smile.

#412168 - 09/04/12 12:18 AM Re: New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? [Re: Avoid The F Word]
LizL Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Missouri
Yes, I'm getting listings with BofA being the servicer. I sure hope the title issues really are settled.

#424084 - 05/21/13 07:42 PM Re: New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? [Re: LizL]
johnnyloans Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Los Angeles ,CA
The HUD thread has been quiet too long. No New News?
Greater Los Angeles Area
www.PalmdaleRealestate.biz
Have Car Will Travel
For Those That Google JohnnyJamesBroker@gmail.com

#444443 - 03/22/15 09:24 AM Re: New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? [Re: RichardDD]
midgarealtor Offline

Loc: Ga
I am completely new to this site, but can you tell me what you have to do to become a listing broker through HUD? I mean I have sent in my request but that was 2 years ago. Is there a trick to the trade per say? Or what am I doing wrong?

Page 33 of 34 < 1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Jewelreality, Stackout, alvaropaloma, agentJason, Joseph Conway
29067 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (Eshwar), 226 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Jhony 34
Daniel1234 32
Vermont 26
Z06Fanatic 16
rdayley 16
David Hunter 15
RonnieEmz 14
Neal M 13
C21Mr.May 13