Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28271068
No new orders today 13101840
Stupid MLS comments. 3276709
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1189479
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1061188
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1028176
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 822648
Let's talk about our cars 671002
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 602716
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 592421
Most common items found at an REO 576021
EML 459232
REOTRANS 440741
Main Street 419454
asset val seminar in colorado 407157
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 340445
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 306781
Evalonline 300191
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261859
Matched Content
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#286453 - 04/17/09 02:13 AM Re: Earth Hour Saturday, March 28, from 8:30 PM to 9:30 PM - Lights out [Re: BillJames]
Darlene Bitner Offline
Darlene B
Veteran Member

Loc: Texas Gulf Coast
As RC21 stated, Earth Hour was symbolic. It is just another way of drawing attention to our environment's problems and showing support for working toward a solution. Earth Day...that is another matter altogether. Earth Day has made a major impact on spreading the word. I'm expecting next week to have a lot of Earth Day activity in the retail segment, similar to President's Day or Labor Day...that kind of thing. We should take all the help we can get to spread the word.

Regarding politics...RC21 again stated the logical...wanting to save Mother Earth doesn't give away your political party or lack of one. Saving Mother Earth is supported by people in all parties...you can see them coming together more and more. Which reminds me...we need a political analyst on here to keep up with legislation.

One more point...some of those jumping on the Eco bandwagon to benefit their pocketbooks may include some of our own, taking the "quickie" Eco courses and calling themselves fancy titles meaning "environmentally friendly real estate agents" when they truly have no personal habits that reflect that attitude. I hope this group is very, very small.

I guess it's safe to say that tons of things have been going on in the background to help the environment while Americans have been watching reality shows and visiting Vegas. It's going to take some noise to convert everyone. I'm happy this group cares enough to come onto this forum and post.

Today I met a young man who has decided to turn his love for organic gardening into a livlihood...with his in-laws supporting his decision. He won't be rich, but the compost he makes is very rich. He said he was actively looking for an "old hippy" to help him learn more about community gardening. I'll bet there is an old hippy out there who never thought his talents would be appreciated this late in life. This young man is a product of his school taking Earth Day and running with it. The next generation will be brought up being taught to respect the environment. So things will continue to get better.

Edited by Darlene B (04/17/09 02:35 AM)

Advertisements
#286463 - 04/17/09 05:04 AM EARTH DAY - April 22, 2009
Darlene Bitner Offline
Darlene B
Veteran Member

This Earth Day rolled around a little too quickly for me...where did the year go, anyway? I'll be looking for the Astros's green caps again this year, assuming they play on the 22nd.

Hopefully this Earth Day will bring more education and awareness. I can't wait to see what the big corporations have to offer this Earth Day.

#345274 - 07/25/10 03:27 AM EARTH DAY - ARBOR DAY - EARTH HOUR POSTS GO HERE
Darlene Bitner Offline
Darlene B
Veteran Member

Let's consolidate our Earth Day and similar posts in this thread.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Reguru1, Shaun225, Dr.Brim, james luis, Snapple
29795 Registered Users
Who's Online
3 registered (Long Walk, sualk54, 1 invisible), 68 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 75
Vermont 41
Flare616 16
estatereal 15
Trouble 14
RonnieEmz 13
Snapple 12
Logan Five 11
Analog Man 10