Agents Online Real Estate Forums, Discussion, Realtors Marketing Tips

Follow AgentsOnline on Twitter

Click Here to display our logo on your site and link to us!
AgentsOnline Real Estate Discussion Forums Logo

Realtor CommunityA popular online real estate community since 1998!

Advertisements

Sponsored Links
Good Idea!
The ultimate marketing tool

Advertisements
How To Advertise Here
How To Advertise Here

Sponsored Links
(Views)Popular Topics
I MAKE 100 COLD CALLS EVERY DAY & LOVE IT! 28269339
No new orders today 13101742
Stupid MLS comments. 3276643
What do you know about Froy Candelario, top agent in USA 1189415
Stupid QC comments and BPO requirements. 1061105
New HUD Listing Brokers---Any Update? 1028116
Is there religious content in Buffini class? 822581
Let's talk about our cars 670945
Name that Flick. Great movie Lines. 602695
Pay it Forward - BPO/REO Tips & Tricks I & II 592369
Most common items found at an REO 575889
EML 459232
REOTRANS 440725
Main Street 419405
asset val seminar in colorado 407144
assist 2 sell or 1 percent realty? 340432
HOMONYMS - There, Their, and They're 306760
Evalonline 300191
Land America 285052
Mainstreet 261859
Matched Content
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#343128 - 07/06/10 12:31 PM Marketing your Commercial Real Estate Company
MangoLoans Offline

Loc: Oakland, CA
What ways do you use to market your real estate company and properties? Has Twitter or a Facebook fan page given you any leads? What has been the most successful strategy you have implemented as a marketing plan?

Advertisements
#343177 - 07/06/10 10:20 PM Re: Marketing your Commercial Real Estate Company [Re: MangoLoans]
super realtor Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: georgia
I build my contact database of buyers and commercial brokers/agents.

When I go to a listing and show them thousands of buyers looking for their property on my laptop and all they have to do is sign the listing agreement to get started they can't wait to get going.

I show them my contact manager. I work very hard maintaining the database.

#343219 - 07/07/10 12:41 PM Re: Marketing your Commercial Real Estate Company [Re: super realtor]
MangoLoans Offline

How is it that you keep your customer database current? We keep our contacts updated with a monthly newsletter containing relevant information about the market.

#343623 - 07/11/10 06:13 AM Re: Marketing your Commercial Real Estate Company [Re: MangoLoans]
Retail Site Scan Offline

Loc: National
I'm a Realtor in the Charleston, SC area. Do any of you commercial guys offer demographics, site selection and analysis as part of your marketing?

Tom Mitchell

#343641 - 07/11/10 03:06 PM Re: Marketing your Commercial Real Estate Company [Re: Retail Site Scan]
super realtor Offline
Major Contributor

Depends on what type of asset I am marketing.

I have found typically that it is a MISTAKE to make these huge packages to send.

Sometimes sellers give me info on properties I am listing in Excel,Word,etc. The issue is everyone has different computers so some buyers I send to the file doesn't display at all or displays improperly.

When I make the package I convert everything to a .pdf document as all buyers can open it.Ones that don't have computers I have to snail mail to them.

What most want is a small file with a basic overview of 1 to 2 pages to see if they need to go further.If so it starts going up the line to the final decision maker.This is mainly for corps or groups and not individual investors.

I have also found that everyone pulls demographics and analysis differently. So a assisted living will pull different data points then an apartment or retail site etc.

Most of the buyers tell me they run THEIR OWN demographics and site analysis so they get an unslanted view of the property to make a decision. They are also used to using a certain company for their research for development projects and acquisitions etc.

So I just send a 1 to 2 pager and go from there.

Hope it helps...................

#343911 - 07/14/10 12:15 PM Re: Marketing your Commercial Real Estate Company [Re: super realtor]
MangoLoans Offline

This is very helpful information superrealtor, thanks! How often do you contact the members on your mailing list? It's always such a shame to put so much effort in an email campaign only to end up in a spam folder!

#343990 - 07/14/10 06:57 PM Re: Marketing your Commercial Real Estate Company [Re: MangoLoans]
super realtor Offline
Major Contributor

If you word the title and message of the body correctly the message about 99 percent of the time will not go to spam.

#344403 - 07/18/10 07:37 AM Re: Marketing your Commercial Real Estate Company [Re: super realtor]
El Luchador Offline

I work for a large commercial brokerage firm so they handle all the company's marketing - Busines Journal, WSJ, different industry publications, etc. - both in the form of print and web.

Regarding marketing properties, they go on Costar, Loopnet, our company websitem, and a sign on the property as well. As well, the properties are distributed by email blast to all commercial brokers in our region. Also, as my focus is in retail, I send the blast to the corporate retail real estate managers as well.

All that said, this is not usually where my deals come from. The majority of my time for marketing properties is based on good old fashioned cold calling by telephone directly to the companies. This is where I have had the most success.

Regarding "Tenant Rep" marketing, I use my property listings when I call as a foot in the door to talk about where else they are looking, my expert "feet on the street" knowledge of the market, what deals are getting done, and how I can help them.

#345388 - 07/26/10 12:38 PM Re: Marketing your Commercial Real Estate Company [Re: El Luchador]
StarkRealEstate Offline

Loc: Nevada, USA, Reno
Craigslist has been good in the Reno & Northern Nevada commercial real estate market for smaller properties. Larger established businesses typically have more sophisticated resources and the larger listings don't get very many calls.

Signs are starting to gain steam on visible properties. Even poor listings (overpriced, zoning difficulties, or difficult sellers) in visible locations can be an asset to you if you can take the calls and get them to use you as a tenant rep if the sign property doesn't work.

Obviously the listing companies like Loopnet and Costar are great. Facebook and Twitter are good to have, but I have not seen any direct business from them.

Edited by StarkRealEstate (07/26/10 12:40 PM)
Office, Industrial,
Retail & Investment Properties
Reno, Sparks & Northern Nevada
www.starktcn.com

#363763 - 01/17/11 12:44 AM Re: Marketing your Commercial Real Estate Company [Re: StarkRealEstate]
Dacelle Pano Offline

Loc: United States
I used to market my real estate properties through social media networks like youtube and Social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, and Plurk.

#365592 - 02/02/11 04:43 PM Re: Marketing your Commercial Real Estate Company [Re: MangoLoans]
JoshF Offline

Loc: Sacramento, CA
Our typical marketing campaign includes:

[url=http://www.loopnet.com]Loopnet[/url]

[url=http://www.saccre.com]SacCRE[/url]

[url=http://www.costar.com/]CoStar[/url]

Also, a local lawfirm has a broker network we use together with the usual sign, cold calls, etc...

Edited by JoshF (02/02/11 04:44 PM)

#371354 - 04/01/11 09:29 AM Re: Marketing your Commercial Real Estate Company [Re: MangoLoans]
clickit425 Offline

Loc: Iowa
I think that Twitter has become one of the best marketing techniques. It is a social media that nearly everyone is using and can access straight forward information. Here are some tips for utilizing [url=http://www.buildrealestateresults.com/blog/20-twitter-tips-for-real-estate-marketers.html#axzz13NWpC04Q]Twitter as a marketing tool[/url] for real estate. Hope this helps! Best of luck!

#373267 - 04/20/11 01:09 PM Re: Marketing your Commercial Real Estate Company [Re: MangoLoans]
ILT Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Probably you can try a SEO. Itīs a new marketing equipment, but really effective.

#376809 - 05/24/11 05:59 PM Re: Marketing your Commercial Real Estate Company [Re: ILT]
SD Prop. Mgmt. Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
Our facebook fan page has been generating some leads. We use it in conjunction with postlets and have good results to show for it.

#414988 - 10/27/12 11:52 PM Re: Marketing your Commercial Real Estate Company [Re: MangoLoans]
Commvestor Offline

Loc: Texas
Make sure to create a profile for your commercial real estate business or practice at Commvestor.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Google Custom Forum Search

This Google Custom search may do a better job of searching the forums for some keywords than the old forum search does. The results do not include threads from the Asset Managers Forum however. To search that forum you will need to be actually in the Asset Managers Forum and you will need to use the old forum search below.
Search

Newest Members
Reguru1, Shaun225, Dr.Brim, james luis, Snapple
29795 Registered Users
Who's Online
4 registered (JohnN, Mr. G, 2 invisible), 31 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Long Walk 74
Vermont 39
estatereal 18
Flare616 16
Trouble 13
Snapple 12
RonnieEmz 12
Lucky Leonardo 11
Logan Five 11